PDA

View Full Version : Bittorent Help Plz Plz

Peerzy
10-19-2003, 09:33 PM
damm i hear everyone saying bittorent is amazing compared to kazaa which is what im using and i downloaded bittorent but i can't get it to work. im pritty sure its bcoz of the proxy settings bcoz i hav to do them with everything that connects to something like kazaa, emule and msn messenger.

any help i will do anything plz pklz

Peerzyboy
-----------

Marius24
10-19-2003, 09:35 PM
i dont understand what u r asking

Peerzy
10-19-2003, 09:37 PM
if anyone has had this problem and how they fixed it. or how i change the proxy settings

Peerzyboy
-----------

Mïcrösöül°V³
10-19-2003, 09:41 PM
dont know what the hell your talking about :huh: lol, just go download shadows experimental version here (http://bt.degreez.net) whatever your using is obviously a P.O.S. use this client then go to www.lickmytaint.com and click on bittorrent on the left side of the screen to get to where some of the files are, youll figure it out :flowers:

Marius24
10-19-2003, 09:43 PM
yeah shadows is best :)

Peerzy
10-19-2003, 09:43 PM
thats the version i have.
My problem is it wont connect to the server bcoz i network and i have to enter all these faek stuff into the proxy to get anything to work. and i ahv to use proxyplus.

Peerzyboy
-----------

Mïcrösöül°V³
10-19-2003, 09:47 PM
oh! :huh: well...................shit, i dont know, i dont network........sorry :mellow:
but i have to say......if you are networking, shouldn't you know how to connect to the net with all your stuff? im not being sarcastic cuz i dont know shit about it, but one Would assume......................

Marius24
10-19-2003, 09:50 PM
then use proxypill and it should work :huh: . u should try sendind a pm to JPaul or Lamsey. I think that they kno a thing or 2 about proxys, i could be wrong though :ph34r:

Peerzy
10-19-2003, 09:50 PM
well in england if ur with NTL and u wanna network they make u pay loadz money for a new modem and stuff so we use proxyplus and i hav to enter all the proxy settings from my server pc downstairs but i couldnt find it on Bittorent and i rly want it :( :( :(

Anyone???

Peerzyboy
-----------

Peerzy
10-19-2003, 09:51 PM
whats proxypill? :unsure:

Peerzyboy
-----------

Peerzy
10-19-2003, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by peerzyboy@19 October 2003 - 21:50
well in england if ur with NTL and u wanna network they make u pay loadz money for a new modem and stuff so we use proxyplus and i hav to enter all the proxy settings from my server pc downstairs but i couldnt find it on Bittorent and i rly want it :( :( :(

Anyone???
Plz...someone???

Peerzyboy
-----------

Peerzy
10-19-2003, 10:17 PM
iv taken a screen shot of al my bitterent settings and a pic of my kazaa lite settings. if i post the pic which has info about the ip i use and the port i use will ppl b able to hack me?

Peerzyboy
-----------

muchspl2
10-19-2003, 10:18 PM
yes

Peerzy
10-19-2003, 10:20 PM
so if i edit out the bit that says my ip and port will it b any help at all?

Peerzyboy
-----------

Peerzy
10-19-2003, 10:35 PM
it dnt matter n e way i dnt understand how to post a pic :unsure: anyway can someone plz help me i rly want this. plz

Peerzyboy
-----------

Octopussy
10-19-2003, 10:43 PM
preezyboy man....you gota give people chance to respond just put 5 replies wait for people to respond

Peerzy
10-19-2003, 10:47 PM
ok yeah iw ill soz. but my bitorent the light just stays red for liek ages ( i have only tested it for about 5 mins but i spose it just stays red)

*edit* and im downloading a very new and popular file. max payne 2, but im not connecting to clients.

Peerzyboy
-----------
I hav no sig how orignal! :D

SniperInTheShadows
10-20-2003, 03:40 AM
Red light=connected to tracker

Just be patient (give it 30 minutes or so) and if it still hasn't connected to any peer's or seed's then you may need to sort your proxies out, but it sound's like it's working ok (just not started downloading yet as it's a popular game and tracker's can only deal with so much at a time) :-)

Are there any red message's appearing in the window?

Sniper.

Peerzy
10-20-2003, 08:24 PM
no i left it fro 47 mins just now and nothing happened its just not connecting. i thought it wod b the proxies but i dont know hw to change them for bittorent bcozx i hav to use socks 5 and use a diff ip and porty and stuff.

Peerzyboy
-----------