PDA

View Full Version : Any torrentsites with a database of older movies? in any format?

cinemas
04-14-2010, 11:41 AM
Hey guys,

I'm used to usenet with downloading so I only have a few torrentsites which I use, especially for music because its kind of a pain in the ass to search and find 'new unknown artists to me'. For the rest usenet does the job for me but lately I have been gotten into older movies, less known, which I can hardely find on usenet.

What sites do you guys recommend? and how do I get in? If I explain my case in an IRC help are there chances I get an invite or so?

I am not really into getting involved in these trade or giveaways stuff, takes too much time for me nor does it even have my interest.

So what do you recommend, and WHY (dont wanna be stuck later on when I maybe did a lot of work to get in and find out it isn't what I was after.

Cheers :)

damnit, wrong title I should have used 'not worldwide known older movies' :P

So I aint looking for an Alfred Hitchcock Collection.

anon
04-14-2010, 02:10 PM

Karagarga maybe?

threelions00
04-14-2010, 02:21 PM
demonoid?

AdrianPhoto
04-14-2010, 02:38 PM
DDL is way much better for you, with a 5 minute "customized" Google search, you'll be surprised of what can be found on FTP servers and on RapidShare

emperorIX
04-14-2010, 02:41 PM
On usenet, have you tried a.b.dvd.classics, a.b.dvd.classic.movies, a.b.dvd.criterion? Those 3 are very good for classic/older movies. I'm sure there are others on usenet, but those are the ones that I use the most.

NippleCake
04-14-2010, 03:01 PM
Karagarga has a few, as well as PTN I believe.

cinemas
04-14-2010, 03:01 PM

Karagarga maybe?

is it open signups, or how do I get in?

demonoid?

I am on it, but demonoid doesn't do the job.

DDL is way much better for you, with a 5 minute "customized" Google search, you'll be surprised of what can be found on FTP servers and on RapidShare

DDL and FTP? My only experience with FTP is that I need a username + password to access those servers, which I of course don't have.

Could you help me out on this if possible? Sounds interesting.

On usenet, have you tried a.b.dvd.classics, a.b.dvd.classic.movies, a.b.dvd.criterion? Those 3 are very good for classic/older movies. I'm sure there are others on usenet, but those are the ones that I use the most.

Nope I add them to my groups, thanks for the tip.

AdrianPhoto
04-14-2010, 03:13 PM
try this google search query

"Name Of The Movie"+rapidshare.comor

intitle:index.of (".avi"|".mp4"|".mkv") Name.Of.The.Move -html -htm -phphave fun with it and experiment, try to add some types to exclude using the minus sign -asp maybe, or maybe add some files types .ts or .mpg

cinemas
04-14-2010, 03:15 PM
try this google search query

"Name Of The Movie"+rapidshare.comor

intitle:index.of (".avi"|".mp4"|".mkv") Name.Of.The.Move -html -htm -phphave fun with it and experiment, try to add some types to exclude using the minus sign -asp maybe, or maybe add some files types .ts or .mpg

I am mostly looking for DVDRs though, sorry for the late mention!

Will check it out btw :yup:

DATTER
04-14-2010, 03:26 PM
In Cinematik you can find lots and lots of old DVD-R movies ;)

cinemas
04-14-2010, 03:29 PM

Sorry, Cinematik has decided that the community will be better served as an invite only community. This will be for an indefinite time period.
Please check back periodically for updates, or visit #cinematik on irc.cinematik.net .

so I'll check the IRC then I guess, thanks for the tip!

DATTER
04-14-2010, 03:30 PM

Sorry, Cinematik has decided that the community will be better served as an invite only community. This will be for an indefinite time period.
Please check back periodically for updates, or visit #cinematik on irc.cinematik.net .

so I'll check the IRC then I guess, thanks for the tip!

You welcome :happy:

elbuitre
04-14-2010, 03:47 PM
secret-cinema, cinemaggedon, karagarga,

QPD
04-14-2010, 03:52 PM
C*, PTN, TehConnection, cinematik, bitHq, secretcinema

cinephilia
04-14-2010, 04:12 PM
no it's not. DDL sucks when it comes to find obscure/arthouse/independent films and most of the ones you will find are average divx/xvid rips.

karagarga and especially cinematik seems to be the torrentsites you are looking for, with respectively 77.128 (including 8.367 dvdr) and 19.915 non-mainstream torrents.

PS: for teh record, cinematik is a dvd-only site.

AdrianPhoto
04-14-2010, 05:21 PM
DDL sucks when it comes to find obscure/arthouse/independent films
You find those on karagarga? well nice then

anon
04-14-2010, 05:58 PM
Karagarga maybe?

is it open signups, or how do I get in?

It's invite-only.

QPD
04-14-2010, 06:00 PM
very invite only :)

cinemas
04-14-2010, 06:10 PM
I managed to get into cinematik via a simple application procedure. Does karagarga have something similar?

anon
04-14-2010, 06:13 PM
Does karagarga have something similar?

I think you can go to IRC (#karagarga in irc.brokensphere.net), answer a brief interview, and get invited if the answers are satisfactory :happy:

cinemas
04-14-2010, 06:15 PM
Does karagarga have something similar?

I think you can go to IRC (#karagarga in irc.brokensphere.net), answer a brief interview, and get invited if the answers are satisfactory :happy:

thanks, will check it out now! :)

thanks for the help guys! really appreciated!

cinephilia
04-14-2010, 08:49 PM
DDL sucks when it comes to find obscure/arthouse/independent filmsYou find those on karagarga? well nice then
yes i do :mellow:

dandraesley
04-15-2010, 01:03 PM
Hi all FST member, Where I can find for classic asian movie tracker especially the pre-60's ones?. Black-White movie?. Thanks.

Unthinkable
04-15-2010, 02:47 PM
http://www.iloveclassics.com//browse.php

ILT and PTP will serve you right,

rutracker too

cinephilia
04-15-2010, 08:37 PM
Hi all FST member, Where I can find for classic asian movie tracker especially the pre-60's ones?. Black-White movie?. Thanks.
fss.omnilounge.co.uk and of course karagarga.

DATTER
04-15-2010, 09:31 PM

You can find in AsianDVDClub :happy:

dandraesley
04-16-2010, 06:18 AM
Thanks for replying. Are any of them open signup?. Karagarga is invite-only, right?.

Asiandvdclub already join but I'm not finding any classic HK cinema (50's). Especially looking for some drama and war movie in B/W.

I will try iloveclassic.

Regards

filenetworks
04-16-2010, 06:43 AM
Try the following DDL forums:

http://www.surrealmoviez.info/register.php
"Here at SurrealMoviez, the focus is away from the mainstream, leaning heavily towards experimental movies, surreal movies, independent movies, extreme cinema, artistic movies... etc..."

http://sharebus.com/index.php?act=Reg&CODE=00

I am unsure if there are any DVDRs though.

AdrianPhoto
04-16-2010, 07:30 AM
"Here at SurrealMoviez, the focus is away from the mainstream, leaning heavily towards experimental movies, surreal movies, independent movies, extreme cinema, artistic movies... etc..."
One of the best out there, thank you for bringing that up

cinephilia
04-16-2010, 11:11 AM
Thanks for replying. Are any of them open signup?. Karagarga is invite-only, right?.
both are invite-only but i can invite you to FSS (i'll send you an invite code when your pm rights will be enabled).

"Here at SurrealMoviez, the focus is away from the mainstream, leaning heavily towards experimental movies, surreal movies, independent movies, extreme cinema, artistic movies... etc..."One of the best out there, thank you for bringing that up
retroflix.info also.

AdrianPhoto
04-16-2010, 07:15 PM
retroflix.info also.
oh damn! where did you find that? I really like it
Thank you very very much
:)

cinephilia
04-16-2010, 07:40 PM
you're welcome :)