PDA

View Full Version : Assistant Function

Livy
10-28-2003, 02:50 AM
in my assistant it gives u replies to topics you started, but is there anyway to show posts that people have replied to, that you have replied to aswell.
as this would be really handy. i know you can get the last 10 posts etc, but i would be usefull if there was a way to show the topics that had been repsonded to that u have posted in.

UKMan
10-28-2003, 01:42 PM
I usually just click on my own nick and then "find all posts by this user".
Or am i not understanding your question right?

Peace
UKMan

Adster
10-28-2003, 01:45 PM
well the board used to haev the option to be able to when you view your last threads that you replied to would be at the top first on the page.

Instead now its in order of date which is very annoying coz you forget about posts that you replyed to earlier it used to be that the thread that you replied too if it was replyed to by someone else it would coem at the top of the screen first

instead now the top post is the last post you postsed

which I find that option now useless

UKMan
10-28-2003, 02:12 PM
yeah - your right - thx for reminding me ;)

Peace
UKMan (brain dead)

[B][O][T]
10-28-2003, 02:28 PM
You could use Track This Topic (At the bottom of each topic, there is a 'Topic Options' button. Pressing this button will expand the topic options box. http://www.klboard.ath.cx/style_images/1/t_options.gif ) read about it here (http://www.klboard.ath.cx/index.php?act=Help&CODE=01&HID=15).

BOT

Livy
10-29-2003, 12:31 AM
i know about the track thi topic, but if u post in alot of topics ur gonna get alot of notifications.

Adster
10-29-2003, 02:05 AM
yes or if you post like me but it comes in handy the wya it used to be if someone bumps a dead thread back in May tracking your posts won't tell you anymore

Livy
10-29-2003, 03:49 AM
infact even if the view new posts button showed the posts u had posted in, like in the forum with the little dot, it would be alot easer to spot topics ud posted in.

[B][O][T]
10-29-2003, 06:43 AM
Originally posted by Livy@29 October 2003 - 00:31
i know about the track thi topic, but if u post in alot of topics ur gonna get alot of notifications.
:unsure: but it will only track this topic not all threads that You've been posting in :blink:

BOT

Livy
10-29-2003, 01:42 PM
i know, but what i meant was if you set it to track every topic you posted in you will get alot of emails

jetje
10-29-2003, 03:12 PM
well if that's a problem, just watch the topics that have the black dot in it. It will get those if you post in a topic. A bit more "hand(eye)work" but think that's the closest to get what you're after... ;)

Livy
10-29-2003, 03:23 PM
i know, but some times that measn trawling round the forum to remember where you posted, and softwareworld can get to a few pages easily on a busy night. oh well. :(

UKMan
10-29-2003, 03:35 PM
Yepp - its hard work keeping track of all the topics you reply or post to. Normally, as im on DSL its not such a problem as i get posted replys etc often - but after a while, i usually start cleaning out some of the old stuff - maybe after a month or two.

If im unsure of what i am actually participating in, i go to my own profile first, then My Controls and then under subscriptions take a look at the topics im involved in - this at least gives me an idea of what im involved with. Its a long way round but it works and im able to delete some of the older topics if i want.

There are certainly other ways, as have been suggested, but this works for me at least.

Good luck.

Peace
UKMan

darkewolf
10-30-2003, 02:57 AM
Originally posted by Livy@28 October 2003 - 02:50
in my assistant it gives u replies to topics you started, but is there anyway to show posts that people have replied to, that you have replied to aswell.
as this would be really handy. i know you can get the last 10 posts etc, but i would be usefull if there was a way to show the topics that had been repsonded to that u have posted in.
if you go up to the top of this page ^ and click that link that says My Controls, and then once you're in the control panel, the area along the left where it says Subscriptions, click the link that says View Topics.
it will show you a list of every thread that you have posted in, you can delete out the ones that you dont want to watch anymore. So far as the emails, ya...I get bombed by a TON of them, thinking that I'm just gonna turn off my email option, since I use the control panel to watch to see what's been replied to, and since I just mass delete the email notifications.