PDA

View Full Version : Bittorrent And Anti-virus

RedRival
10-28-2003, 11:15 AM
will an antivirus program with internet monitor on slow down BT download speeds? Because I use NOD32 with internet monitor on, my BT downloads seem slow, but I can't say for sure. Does anyone have a definite answer though?

junkyardking
10-28-2003, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by RedRival@28 October 2003 - 11:15
will an antivirus program with internet monitor on slow down BT download speeds? Because I use NOD32 with internet monitor on, my BT downloads seem slow, but I can't say for sure. Does anyone have a definite answer though?
What Isp do you use? some of the ISP'S in Australia arnt that good especily all the Comindico resellers(e.g. Dodo) which priotise certain ports but have the rest on 30:1 contention ratio's which makes conections slow.

RedRival
10-28-2003, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by junkyardking+28 October 2003 - 12:26--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (junkyardking @ 28 October 2003 - 12:26)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-RedRival@28 October 2003 - 11:15
will an antivirus program with internet monitor on slow down BT download speeds? Because I use NOD32 with internet monitor on, my BT downloads seem slow, but I can&#39;t say for sure. Does anyone have a definite answer though?
What Isp do you use? some of the ISP&#39;S in Australia arnt that good especily all the Comindico resellers(e.g. Dodo) which priotise certain ports but have the rest on 30:1 contention ratio&#39;s which makes conections slow. [/b][/quote]
grr dodo is exactly what i&#39;m using :angry:
it&#39;s okay for normal downloads...i always get max out speeds for my 256k connection on normal http downloads...

RedRival
10-28-2003, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by junkyardking+28 October 2003 - 12:26--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (junkyardking @ 28 October 2003 - 12:26)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-RedRival@28 October 2003 - 11:15
will an antivirus program with internet monitor on slow down BT download speeds? Because I use NOD32 with internet monitor on, my BT downloads seem slow, but I can&#39;t say for sure. Does anyone have a definite answer though?
What Isp do you use? some of the ISP&#39;S in Australia arnt that good especily all the Comindico resellers(e.g. Dodo) which priotise certain ports but have the rest on 30:1 contention ratio&#39;s which makes conections slow. [/b][/quote]
can I change the ports BT uses to the more prioritised ones?? shad0w&#39;s experimental seems to have that function.

but which are the more prioritise ports for comindico resellers??
thanks for the help.

junkyardking
10-28-2003, 12:47 PM
As far as i know you cant change ports on bittorent, there continues to be alot of Complaints about comindico resellers here http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-threads.cfm?f=86, sorry to say complaints about bittorent are pretty common with dodo as most ports are on the 30 - 1 contention ratio except for a few like 21, 80.

RedRival
10-28-2003, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by junkyardking@28 October 2003 - 13:47
As far as i know you cant change ports on bittorent, there continues to be alot of Complaints about comindico resellers here http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-threads.cfm?f=86, sorry to say complaints about bittorent are pretty common with dodo as most ports are on the 30 - 1 contention ratio except for a few like 21, 80.
haha gool ol&#39; whirlpool.

Yep I heard of this 30:1 thing even before I got on Dodo. If you click on Pref in shad0w&#39;s experimental client, you should be able to change ports.

Got another problem on hand, I use to get pretty good speeds on BT becoz in shad0w&#39;s experimental, my status light was green, and that was only 2 days back.

I haven&#39;t changed/redirect any ports or installed any new firewall but my status light is not changing from yellow to green again...

could it be the torrent I&#39;m downloading from has not enough resources?? Or is it just something that I could have done unknowingly???

I had a fair bit of my BT download done before I got on the last time, I had quite a number of files to share, and is that why I&#39;m getting a gd speed becoz I haf files ppl want??

I tried to download from start and no one seems to want to share with me maybe because I don&#39;t have the pieces they want??

RedRival
10-29-2003, 01:42 PM
actually I&#39;m back to downloading with a green status light because I resolved some issues with my local ip address...it keeps changing for some reason..

andnow, I&#39;m downloading at muhc better speeds than before talking 10kb+/sec on 2 simultaneous downloads.

Dodo may have just redeemed themselves&#33;&#33;