PDA

View Full Version : UK General Election - Who do you want to win, and why?

Barbarossa
05-06-2010, 09:14 AM
If you don't know, don't vote.

Barbarossa
05-06-2010, 09:20 AM
My vote goes to the Liberal Democrats. Although not a total convert to all of their policies, specifically their stance on nuclear power and scrapping of the child trust fund, on balance they appear to be more trustworthy than the other two main parties.

darkstate01
05-06-2010, 09:45 AM
I'll go with ukip, Used to vote for labour but they are getting way to much like the conservatives for my liking, If the conservatives get into power this country would crumble.
At least ukip are going to do something about the damn council tax, and getting rid of the compulsary TV licence, Sorting out the illegal immigrants, making the local policing be controlled by the council instead of the EU, the list is endless.
Whether they are just blowing smoke up our ass with this is yet to be seen,but if you don't give someone else a chance we will never know, just look at usa, who would have thought a country that used to string black people up and be proud of slavery would have a black president.
Myself i don't think britain is brave enough or that Interested in politics to have another party besides Labour or Conservatives.

j2k4
05-06-2010, 09:57 AM
Why, the Conservatives, of course.

Why?

Because I am reflexively conditioned to respond thus.

And because it's good for what ails you.

And because I owe you my Conservative American input, you Limey bar-stewards.

darkstate01
05-06-2010, 10:41 AM
lol Great response, but over here the conservatives are a different flavour to the american conservatives, Our last conservative government totally destroyed the average man on the street, the unions, the way we lived
I can remember going to a job centre near where i lived and there was 1 job on the job board
The whole atmosphere of the conservatives here was grey and dismal at doing everything to hold back the little man who wanted to get a better life.
Labour on the other hand have turned the country around to a point but I wouldn't go as far as saying they have destroyed the country yet, but its close, thats the next phase, If either of the big 2 get in they will for sure hand over everything,lock stock and barrel to the EU which in turn will destroy this fine country.
I bet mr hitler is turning in his grave with a big cheesey grin on his rotten face and saying well i did say germany would rule in the end. :(

clocker
05-06-2010, 10:47 AM
lol Great response, but over here the conservatives are a different flavour to the american conservatives, Our last conservative government totally destroyed the average man on the street, the unions, the way we lived

No, that's pretty much exactly like the American flavor of conservatism.

Barbarossa
05-06-2010, 11:33 AM
Why, the Conservatives, of course.

Why?

Because I am reflexively conditioned to respond thus.

And because it's good for what ails you.

And because I owe you my Conservative American input, you Limey bar-stewards.

This might appeal to you, our Conservatives are campaigning with a slogan of "Vote For Change".... :frusty:

darkstate01
05-06-2010, 11:41 AM
Yes , Thats exactly what I've done, from labour to ukip. :)

Barbarossa
05-06-2010, 01:09 PM
Yes , Thats exactly what I've done, from labour to ukip. :)

I don't really like the sort of person that UKIP attracts, such as Nigel Farage.

Incidentally did you hear that Nigel Farage was tragically unhurt in a plane crash this morning... :whistling

darkstate01
05-06-2010, 03:36 PM
No and I'm the sort of person they attract :)
Once the election is over, my Interest will go straight back in its box under my bed with the rest of the bugs and dust.

05-06-2010, 08:53 PM
I would vote for the conservatives.

As for unions, they need to be destroyed.

They are one of the main reasons the United States has lost its competitive edge in manufacturing, and why most schools (well, not in Eagar, of course) have absolutely horrible teachers.

Unions should be abolished.

MagicNakor
05-06-2010, 10:58 PM
Reports are predicting a Tory minority... There's a Harper/Cameron joke in there somewhere but it'll have to be reintroduced following prorogation.

:shuriken:

Burnsy
05-06-2010, 11:06 PM
I voted Labour... not that I particularly like some of their policies but it was more a process of elimination really.

Conservatives... I fucking cannot stand those toffee nosed c*nts... Thatcher and her shower of shite totally destroyed Manufacturing and Heavy Industry in Scotland. She used us as an 'experiment' to try out the Poll Tax before implementing it nation wide. I could go on, but they are a complete waste of space...

Lib Dems... They're actually not that bad tbh, however their plans to scrap Trident (the UK's Nuclear deterrant) and 'save' £100bn is basically gonna sell us out and lose our permanent position on the UN Security Council... so they can fuck off too...

Any other party... no other party has a chance, so I could only really vote 'against' the policies and parties by voting Labour... truth be told though they're shite too...

"Doesn't matter who you vote for... the Government always wins"

bigboab
05-07-2010, 06:17 AM
I would vote for the conservatives.

As for unions, they need to be destroyed.

They are one of the main reasons the United States has lost its competitive edge in manufacturing, and why most schools (well, not in Eagar, of course) have absolutely horrible teachers.

Unions should be abolished.

During this process of the elimination of unions can I assume that you will include the industrial federations that are run for the 'bosses'?
Should workers have no representaion at all or is it a case of' If they strike, sack them. We have a large pool of illegal immigrants to call on. Still! a lot of the sacked workers could get a job polishing your jack boots.:)

Back on topic. It looks as if it is going to be a hung parliament with all probability of Labour and Lib/dems agreeing to form a coalition Government.

Barbarossa
05-07-2010, 08:33 AM
Lib Dems... They're actually not that bad tbh, however their plans to scrap Trident (the UK's Nuclear deterrant) and 'save' £100bn is basically gonna sell us out and lose our permanent position on the UN Security Council... so they can fuck off too...

That's not true actually, permanent membership of the UN security council isn't dependant on having nuclear weapons, but that's another debate altogether... ;)

Barbarossa
05-07-2010, 08:34 AM
"Doesn't matter who you vote for... the Government always wins"

Very true, especially this morning.

Burnsy
05-07-2010, 11:19 AM
That's not true actually, permanent membership of the UN security council isn't dependant on having nuclear weapons, but that's another debate altogether... ;)

Yeah I know, but without going into things in great depth, we don't particularly have a lot else to offer in justifying our role there if we scrapped Trident.

Unfortunately our numbers in the Armed Forces could be argued against calling us an 'Army' as at times our manning levels almost verge within the criteria set out for a 'Defence Force' (from memory I think it's manning <100,000 is a Defence Force)... but for the purposes of the point I was trying to make, not even the Lib Dem's themselves argued against the fact that scrapping Trident would have left us in a considerably weakened position in trying to justify ourselves as a World Power (which unfortunately due to bleeding hearted liberals, 'Human Rights' and a number of other shitty reasons... we are now NOT one)

j2k4
05-07-2010, 02:31 PM
So, it'll be one of those lovely coalition things, eh?

Well, then.

darkstate01
05-07-2010, 02:55 PM
This is a first in my voting lifetime, I have no way of guessing which way this is going to go, The politicians a flapping around on the floor like fish out of water.
Its funny seeing the main parties trying there best to get the vote of the smallest party that has never been in power (liberal democrats).
Lib dems for once in there parties life have real power. Its like watching the carrot and donkey trick.

jibblet
05-07-2010, 03:10 PM
I followed a process of elimination, but the Cheese party did not have any representatives in my council, so I had to go with the lesser of 3 evils and voted Lib Dem.

Now we have a hung parliament, am going to go and figure out what that means...

darkstate01
05-07-2010, 03:39 PM
I'll answer that for u, A bunch of dusty old farts squablling over whats right and wrong for the country according to there party.
I can't imagine what having a nothing party like the lib/dems is going to do for labour or conservatives. It will be like a jack russell nipping at your ankles every 5 minutes, down boy down,sit,no,bad dog bad.