PDA

View Full Version : Alternative Ulster

blackhatknight
10-29-2003, 05:10 AM
Sinn Fein the PUP and UPRP have no place in our future

State militias in Ulster prove nothing, they breed hatred and defeat democracy isn’t time we left these dinosaurs behind???

Stated in order of support and size

Sinn Fein = IRA
UPRG = UDA
PUP = UVF

I'm not asking for revolution I’m asking the country I love be given a chance for this to be so we have to lay our own path and stop voting for the above groups regardless of political orientation.

“Take a look where your livin
you got the army on the streets
I see that repression
Is barkin at your feet . . .
Is the kind of place you want to live
is this where you want to be
is this the only life were goin to have
want we need
is an alternative Ulster . . .

. . . They say their a part of you
[b]And that’s not true you know
The say thay have control of you
And that's a lie you know
And they say you’ll never be free . . .
. . . [What we need is] an alternative Ulster” – Stiff little fingers

“I’m a million different people a thousand times a day” – The Verve

EDIT Spelling, typefaces and misplaced content

chalice
10-29-2003, 10:56 AM
Blackhatknight, that black hat wouldn't happen to be a bowler hat, would it?

If you believe that Northern Ireland will ever achieve democracy without a rising 25 per cent of the electorate (Sínn Fein) then you've been listening to Mr Trimble too long.

Judging by the past week's non-events, it is the (arguably) legitimate UUP who has plunged us further into mistrust.

I would suggest to let the people decide but that's wishful thinking. There's been rumours of an election. I'll believe it when I see it. But not necessarily the result.

*edit* I wonder if Mr Trimble is aware of just how many Sínn Fein subscribers he has created due to last week's fiasco.

MediaSlayer
10-29-2003, 11:17 AM
off topic......I met a girl from Ireland whose name was pronounced "fin". I assumed it was spelled "fin". Is it really spelled "fein"? That looks like "fine" to me. :blink:

chalice
10-29-2003, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by MediaSlayer@29 October 2003 - 11:17
off topic......I met a girl from Ireland whose name was pronounced "fin". I assumed it was spelled "fin". Is it really spelled "fein"? That looks like "fine" to me. :blink:
Mediaslayer, was she blonde?
Finn means white or fair in Gaelaige.

MediaSlayer
10-29-2003, 11:25 AM
She was a red-head. :lol: I would tell you my real name in gaelic, but that would be the same as revealing my real name because lots of people know gaelic. oh, she was fair(her skin).

chalice
10-29-2003, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by MediaSlayer@29 October 2003 - 11:25
She was a red-head. :lol: I would tell you my real name in gaelic, but that would be the same as revealing my real name because lots of people know gaelic. oh, she was fair(her skin).
:lol: Yep there's plenty of copper-nappers running about over here.