PDA

View Full Version : SHIT! Frustrated by utorrent

Aristocles
05-15-2010, 05:03 PM
I am baffled. Even though I have finally managed to get the files to show up in the client they simply never start d'loading. With some sites it recognizes seeders and peers, with others it doesn't and soon goes "red".

Just occurred out-of-the-blue last evening.

HELP!

Rart
05-15-2010, 05:06 PM
What error messages are you getting? A screenshot would probably help as well.

anon
05-15-2010, 05:08 PM
What error messages are you getting?

This. There are multiple causes for red arrows - timeouts, connection resets, or maybe the tracker's simply down.

sez
05-15-2010, 05:28 PM
wow anon u'z a black star :P...you should start an 'in your face' thread for those grumpy sad/angry loungerers :lol:

Aristocles
05-15-2010, 05:29 PM
On Demonoid I get Windows cannot find 'C:/Users/etc.../.torrent'

With others if it's set to "always ask" in FF it was giving me the "unable to..." box, now it gives nothing, makes no effort unless I right click and "save as", then it finds peers and just sits there. With other trackers, it supposed loads the .torrent file but nothing happens, no peers (when there are tons of them, then goes 'red'.

anon
05-15-2010, 05:36 PM
wow anon u'z a black star :P...you should start an 'in your face' thread for those grumpy sad/angry loungerers :lol:

For all of you that told me I'd never make it... :lol:

On Demonoid I get Windows cannot find 'C:/Users/etc.../.torrent'

With others if it's set to "always ask" in FF it was giving me the "unable to..." box, now it gives nothing, makes no effort unless I right click and "save as", then it finds peers and just sits there. With other trackers, it supposed loads the .torrent file but nothing happens, no peers (when there are tons of them, then goes 'red'.

Looks like a path too long error maybe. You could try moving uTorrent's EXE and the contents of its config folder near the drive's root, C:\uTorrent for example.

Aristocles
05-15-2010, 05:42 PM
C:/uTorrent? I am unclear. More words please

anon
05-15-2010, 05:45 PM
1. close uTorrent,
2. go to C:,
3. create a folder called "uTorrent",
4. copy the uT EXE and the contents of this folder there:
C:\Users\your_username\AppData\Roaming\uTorrent
5. run the program from there

Aristocles
05-15-2010, 06:01 PM
This isn't working. I think something may be severely screwed up

Expeto
05-15-2010, 06:07 PM
Solution of your problems lies under this link (http://sourceforge.net/projects/halite/)

Aristocles
05-15-2010, 06:18 PM
I tried downloading "ABC" but get the message 'C:/Users/etc. .torrent file does not exist or cannot be read." Or I get "Invalid torrent file".

I noticed this last evening, as I tried to open cuteFTP but it wouldn't get my files up so I decided to bin it and get another using utorrent. But... So, now I have no way to get files from seedbox.

Freaking me out a bit

McArty
05-15-2010, 07:21 PM
Looks like you have some kind of permission problem with that path (where the .torrents are stored).

In utorrent, go to Options -> Preferences -> Directories -> Store .torrents in
And change the path to other place outside of users folder. (And of course you will need to move the content of that folder to the new one).

Aristocles
05-15-2010, 07:42 PM
I switched .torrent files to C:Video

It the file goes into the client and does nothing. "Availability" says 0.00% long red line. Demonoid does not even find peers, other trackers do but still do not start downloading.

Thoughts?

puckface
05-15-2010, 07:43 PM
Learn to use Windows.

Aristocles
05-15-2010, 07:46 PM
On utorrent:

Looking at "update in" what exactly is that telling me?

Learn to use Windows.

Thanks for that, dickhead.

McArty
05-15-2010, 08:10 PM
On utorrent:

Learn to use Windows.

Is telling to you that is trying to connect to the tracker after that time (increases after retrying).

What says in tab "tracker", "status"?

btw i forgot to mention that you should close utorrent before changing the path :frusty: Or re-start it.

And also, are you connectable? Is the icon at the status bar red or green?

Aristocles
05-15-2010, 08:19 PM
"connection timed out"

Why in hell would this just start as if by whimsy?

anon
05-15-2010, 08:20 PM
"connection timed out"

Timeouts can have a bunch of causes. Which tracker are we talking about?

Aristocles
05-15-2010, 08:22 PM
every single tracker I can access

Detale
05-15-2010, 08:28 PM
For all of you that told me I'd never make it... :lol:
Yeah but jesus man

Total Posts: 5,053
Posts Per Day: 29.23

You need a life bud :P

anon
05-15-2010, 08:30 PM
It's definitely a problem in your side, then. If one of your trackers supports SSL announcing, enable it in your profile and try to load a new torrent. If that works, your ISP may be fiddling with announces (I'm assuming you haven't changed anything in your PC setup lately).

Aristocles
05-15-2010, 08:45 PM
I have to wonder about my isp.

Router issue. Tentatively fixed.

Thanks to all.

puckface
05-15-2010, 10:06 PM
On utorrent:

Learn to use Windows.

sarcasm, cuntwad.

Aristocles
05-15-2010, 10:14 PM
"cuntwad"?

Let me think, how does one reply to such wit, such ethereal wordsmithing? I cannot.

Edit: Removed slur. It was silly.

puckface
05-15-2010, 11:39 PM
"cuntwad"?

Let me think, how does one reply to such wit, such ethereal wordsmithing? I cannot.

Edit: Removed slur. It was silly.

You should reply with more wit and wordsmithing, it's fun, you should try it. Regardless, don't be so sensitive, it's sarcasm after all.