PDA

View Full Version : Don't ask don't tell

devilsadvocate
05-30-2010, 03:54 PM
Law abiding American citizens should have the right to fight for their country. Anyone that has a problem with that needs to learn to deal with it.

05-30-2010, 10:39 PM
It's just another nail in our military's coffin. Since WWII our military has not been allowed to fight to win. Poor innocent civilians might get hurt! :(

I'm sorry, but war is hell. If you want to win, you have to kill a lot of people and destroy a lot of buildings and infrastructure. If you don't have the guts to do that, then disband the military, or at least stop trying to be the world's police force and the world's nanny. The latest recruitment ad I saw for the military said in part: "A Global Force For Global Good." WTF?! This is not the United States of the World. This is the United States of America. Damn it!

Now you want our men in the military to have to worry about who is sneaking a peek at them in the shower. This just isn't right.

devilsadvocate
05-31-2010, 12:58 AM
Now you want our men in the military to have to worry about who is sneaking a peek at them in the shower. This just isn't right.

Homosexuals have served honorably since the invention of armies. Why should they not be allowed to serve just because we know they are homosexual? If you have a problem with the sexuality of another then that's your problem not theirs and they should not be denied the same right to fight for their country as you do because you are worried a gay might see your little winky. (Are you planning to enlist?)

Lieutenant Colonel Victor Fehrenbach — an F-15 fighter pilot, an 18-year veteran of the United States Air Force. On September 11th, Lieutenant Colonel Fahrenbach was picked to be part of the initial alert crew immediately following the 9/11 attacks. The following year in 2002, he deployed to Kuwait where he flew combat missions over Afghanistan attacking Taliban and al Qaeda targets. After the U.S. invasion of Iraq in 2003, Lieutenant Colonel Fahrenbach deployed there, flying combat missions in support of “Operation Iraqi Freedom.” Over the span of his career, he has flown 88 combat missions including missions that were the longest combat sorties in the history of his squadron. He logged more than 2,000 flying hours, nearly 1,500 fighter hours, 400 combat hours. Lieutenant Colonel Fahrenbach is also highly decorated. He’s received nine air medals including one for heroism. After 18 years of active duty in the Air Force, this experienced, decorated, fighter pilot says he ready and willing to deploy again. He is ready to do whatever his country and the United States Air Force ask of him. The military is now firing him. He’s just been informed by the U.S. military that his career is over. After 18 years of service less than two years shy of being able to retire with a full air force pension he’s being discharged from the U.S. air force under the military’s Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell policy.
So tell me what changed from the day before it was discovered he is gay and the moment they found out? Was he a distraction? Did he harm the unit?
You claim to be about freedom, right?

I have no idea what the rest of your post has to do with anything.

Skiz
05-31-2010, 03:00 AM
I don't think it'll change much on the men's side. I don't really think of the military as something that interests gay men. Those that are will likely stay quiet about it, knowing how the military is a good 'ol boys club.

Gay women may come out of the woodwork however.

devilsadvocate
05-31-2010, 03:20 AM
I don't think it'll change much on the men's side. I don't really think of the military as something that interests gay men.
Well more than 13,500 service members have been discharged under DADT since 1994 so I have to question your thought. However even if very few wish to enlist they should be allowed to.

Providing they can meet the physical, educational and mental requirements ALL patriotic, law abiding American citizens there should be allowed to serve, no matter their religion, political leanings, race or sexuality.

devilsadvocate
06-02-2010, 12:51 PM
What happened to 9s post?