PDA

View Full Version : Still Not Logging In Right

darkewolf
11-03-2003, 07:43 AM
Well, it came back...I've had to log back in for almost EVERY SINGLE POST that I've tried to make tonight. and still getting bounced back to the forum list when I click "add reply".

MagicNakor
11-03-2003, 07:58 AM
Are your cookies properly enabled?

:ninja:

I.am
11-03-2003, 10:10 AM
Do you have a firewall that blocks all the cookies? or is your setting enabled in IE to enable cookies properly checked, as MagicNakor said.

darkewolf
11-04-2003, 09:20 PM
yup, cookies are fine, this is something that seems to happen about every four days or so. I cant say for sure on that, my visits to these boards are at irregular intervals. This is like, the 3rd time that it's happened. I'll go a couple of days without too many probs (this board seems a lil buggy) and then get stuck having to log in over and over and over, and then I'm doing okay again for a while.
I'm using opera 5, and I have it checked to "remember me" on the login page

Benno
11-04-2003, 10:14 PM
The Board works perfect since Darker hosts us :D

Im using Opera 5 too and I never had any problems, try deleting all your cookies and make sure that you have your settings in opera right. go to File->Preferences->privacy and make sure that enable cookies is ticked

darkewolf
11-04-2003, 10:25 PM
accept cookies is ticked. however, some of them that run through this site, Are blocked, the doubleclick cookie being one of them, and some of the cookies from the servers that are host to the graphics that some peeps use in their sigs and avatars.
the host servers are accepted tho.

Benno
11-04-2003, 10:32 PM
Does it work if you change it too accept all cokies?

I have it currently at accept all cookies and do not accept third party cookies and it works fine for me

darkewolf
11-04-2003, 10:36 PM
I cant say for sure right now, it's working ok again, other than opera just locked up trying to load a guy's signature.

Oh, I did wanna comment on Your signature. English is a monster, isn't it? I think those of us that speak it natively take for granted just how effed up it really is. I know that my spanish-speaking in-laws are having a devil of a time with it, and my korean-speaking mom just never got any better at it, even after I dunno HOW many years here.

Benno
11-04-2003, 10:48 PM
Im form Austria and since German and English have a lot in common I think I have it relatively easy compared to someone from korea.
The hardest part, for me, are the vocabulary i think english is the language with the most vocabularies in the world. :o

darkewolf
11-05-2003, 06:10 AM
*chuckles* yeah, I can definitely see how you could/would think that. English is a total mix of several different languages that they tried to mix into one. Some of it works, some of it doesnt. Especially the part of words that spell the same, or sound the same, but dont mean the same thing.
Myself, I'm trying to learn Spanish...and not only is the sentence structure different, there are at least two versions of each word....male, and female, depending on which gender you are talking to. It confuses me.

darkewolf
11-05-2003, 06:21 AM
now the vinyamar (or whatever it is) server is locking my opera when it loads. Or TRIES to load. Who's got images on there?? And yeah, their cookies are off.

Benno
11-05-2003, 06:25 AM
Originally posted by darkewolf@5 November 2003 - 07:21
now the vinyamar (or whatever it is) server is locking my opera when it loads. Or TRIES to load. Who's got images on there??
I do :huh:
My avatar is hosted there

darkewolf
11-05-2003, 08:10 AM
*laughs* well aint that just my luck???

actually, I think that a lot of peeps have their stuff hosted there, since I see that name go across my opera browser a LOT on these boards. sometimes vinyar locks me, sometimes it doesnt. More than not, it does tho.