PDA

View Full Version : What happened to honesty?

devilsadvocate
07-22-2010, 03:13 AM
So we have another shameful fiasco based on video edited by someone with an agenda. This time the dishonesty was exposed pretty quick as the person that did the editing couldn't hide the full video like he did with the edited acorn videos, pity it was too late to prevent an innocent person losing her job.

Shame on The amoral blogger who (not for the first time) edited a clip to make an innocent person seem like a racist and then deny that he did anything wrong.
Shame on foxnews for non stop promoting the piece of shit edited video and then when the full video is published showing just what a smear they have done they don't do the right thing and apologize to the innocent victim. Instead they pretend to be outraged that the woman lost her job

But the piece of shit blogger and fox have an agenda, they do this for a living. The people who have no excuse are the ones that made the innocent victim quit her job. The only saving grace is at least they admitted they were wrong.

Good people are being victimized by amoral political hacks.

clocker
07-22-2010, 12:15 PM
This is what Fox News does.
While pointing their finger at the "liberal media", they lie and distort claiming all the while that they- and only they- are "fair and balanced".

From top to bottom, from their "news cycle" to the evening pundits, Fox is nothing but the mouthpiece of the radical right.

Why anyone watches or takes them seriously is beyond me.

l33tpirata13
07-22-2010, 03:13 PM
The funny thing about all this is that those assholes on breitbart's circle jerk they call "blog" really believe they did a service to the country. Oh and they still think they are the victims of racism too.

j2k4
07-22-2010, 08:37 PM
Hey, fellas...what happened to straight journalism?

As to the question of honesty, shove it - your side doesn't practice it either.

Liberals on 'Journolist' Wanted Government to Shut Down Fox News

Matt Lewis
Columnist

Appearing on Fox News' "Hannity" on Tuesday night, Tucker Carlson announced that The Daily Caller would publish more controversial e-mails from the now defunct Journolist -- a listserv where hundreds of liberal journalists and academics would share information.

"We're breaking a story," Carlson told Sean Hannity, "that contains exchanges between members of Journolist, in which some suggest that the federal government shut down Fox."

This, of course, comes on the heels of revelations that Journolisters had attempted to kill stories about Rev. Jeremiah Wright in 2008.

Carlson was right about the exchanges involving Fox News, as this quote from the story demonstrates:

Jonathan Zasloff, a law professor at UCLA, suggested that the federal government simply yank Fox off the air. "I hate to open this can of worms," he wrote, "but is there any reason why the FCC couldn't simply pull their broadcasting permit once it expires?"

But while Zasloff did make those comments, it's fair to also point out that they did not go unchallenged:

And so a debate ensued. Time's (Michael) Scherer, who had seemed to express support for increased regulation of Fox, suddenly appeared to have qualms: "Do you really want the political parties/white house picking which media operations are news operations and which are a less respectable hybrid of news and political advocacy?"

So what does this mean? Clearly, these quotes demonstrate that Zasloff is a liberal who has no problem with suppressing conservative thought. On the other hand, unlike the participants involved in efforts to kill the Jeremiah Wright story, Zasloff is not a journalist, and appears incapable of bringing about the results he desires.

My guess is that the more controversial revelations to come from this piece won't be about Fox News, but rather about Rush Limbaugh and Tea Party activists.

For example, the column reveals that NPR producer Sarah Spitz said that if she witnessed Rush Limbaugh having a heart attack, she would "Laugh loudly like a maniac and watch his eyes bug out."

And Journolisters weren't above comparing conservative Tea Party activists to Nazis:

"You know, at the risk of violating Godwin's law, is anyone starting to see parallels here between the teabaggers and their tactics and the rise of the Brownshirts?" asked Bloomberg's Ryan Donmoyer. "Esp. Now that it's getting violent? Reminds me of the Beer Hall fracases of the 1920s."

While these comments are, to be sure, ugly and beyond the pale, it is hard to shock an audience repeatedly -- and I wonder if the Daily Caller might be following up on its last story too soon.

My guess is that many conservatives have become inured to attacks on Fox News and Rush Limbaugh -- no matter how repulsive they are. It will be interesting to see if this story makes as big a splash as past columns about Journolist e-mails . . .

devilsadvocate
07-22-2010, 09:01 PM
While pointing their finger at the "liberal media", they lie and distort claiming all the while that they- and only they- are "fair and balanced".

From top to bottom, from their "news cycle" to the evening pundits, Fox is nothing but the mouthpiece of the radical right.

Why anyone watches or takes them seriously is beyond me. I have no problem with fox being the media dept. of the republican party. I do have a problem with them pretending not to be.

I don't have a problem with them sensationalizing stories to make democrats look bad and ignoring stories that favor democrats. I have no problem with them hyping stories that favor republicans while not a peep when it doesn't. This is only the case if the story is true.
There is no excuse for what they did with this video.

clocker
07-22-2010, 09:08 PM
Is there a point here?
In fact, how does this relate to the original topic at all?

So, a bunch of journalists, in what was essentially a private chatroom, vent their personal views about Fox news and some of it's personnel.
How does this compare to Fox broadcasting a selectively edited tape with the clear intention of ruining someone's reputation?

I should watch this...I'll bet Hannity's faux outrage is Oscar worthy.

Skiz
07-22-2010, 09:15 PM

Get over it. The other cable news networks are a mouthpiece for the liberal left, but I've never once seen you question their legitimacy in that context.

Sherrod says she received three separate phone calls from the White House saying they wanted her to resign. Is the White House listening to Fox News? :O

devilsadvocate
07-22-2010, 09:22 PM
Get over it. The other cable news networks are a mouthpiece for the liberal left, but I've never once seen you question their legitimacy in that context.

Again, I don't have a problem with bias. If a story is accurately reported it's valid.

Skiz
07-22-2010, 09:46 PM
Sherrod received her 3 White House phone calls demanding her resignation prior to Fox first reporting the story.

How is it wrong when Fox reports that the White House demands her resignation for saying the following?: *insert video here*

Seems to me they simply reported it the White House's actions.

j2k4
07-22-2010, 10:00 PM
While pointing their finger at the "liberal media", they lie and distort claiming all the while that they- and only they- are "fair and balanced

Why anyone watches or takes them seriously is beyond me. I have no problem with fox being the media dept. of the republican party. I do have a problem with them pretending not to be.

I don't have a problem with them sensationalizing stories to make democrats look bad and ignoring stories that favor democrats. I have no problem with them hyping stories that favor republicans while not a peep when it doesn't. This is only the case if the story is true.
There is no excuse for what they did with this video.

You guys.

We have Foxnews, a nice chunk of talk radio, and you have the entire balance of American media, including PBS and NPR.......AND WE ARE KICKING YOUR ASSES.

WE WILL CONTINUE TO KICK YOUR COLLECTIVE ASSES UNTIL SUCH TIME AS WE DECIDE YOU'VE HAD ENOUGH.

I can tell you (on background) that it won't be over in November.

Sherrod received her 3 White House phone calls demanding her resignation prior to Fox first reporting the story.

How is it wrong when Fox reports that the White House demands her resignation for saying the following?: *insert video here*

That's telling them, Skiz.

Don't expect them to go quietly.

devilsadvocate
07-22-2010, 10:39 PM
I already mentioned them

But the piece of shit blogger and fox have an agenda, they do this for a living. The people who have no excuse are the ones that made the innocent victim quit her job.

Seems to me they simply reported it the White House's actions. you must have missed the entire day before the whole video was released where they were pimping the edited video while screaming with outrage at how a black racist could be working for the government AND DEMANDING SHE BE REMOVED . You must have only seen the next day when they pretended they hadn't.

They got the story wrong, they took an edited video from a proven unreliable source and ran with it without investigation. They even complained that the other networks weren't showing it.

clocker
07-22-2010, 11:17 PM
.AND WE ARE KICKING YOUR ASSES.

WE WILL CONTINUE TO KICK YOUR COLLECTIVE ASSES UNTIL SUCH TIME AS WE DECIDE YOU'VE HAD ENOUGH.

Ooooh.
You used caps and bold font...so it must be true!

A Fox News move if ever there was one.

@Skiz:
Your timeline is delusional, that's simply not how this went down.

l33tpirata13
07-23-2010, 01:00 AM
Hey, fellas...what happened to straight journalism?

As to the question of honesty, shove it - your side doesn't practice it either.

Liberals on 'Journolist' Wanted Government to Shut Down Fox News

Matt Lewis
Columnist

Appearing on Fox News' "Hannity" on Tuesday night, ............

I seen Fox and News in the same sentence, so I didn't bother. Everyone knows they're not a real news organization. Unless you consider Sarah Palin an investigative reporter.

Here, let me guess what that rant was about..........Fake indignation.

Sherrod says she received three separate phone calls from the White House saying they wanted her to resign. Is the White House listening to Fox News? :O

Nice its refreshing to hear the "I Know you are but what am I" defense. Classic!!!!!!
And who called her from the White House? Obama?

You guuuuuuuuuuuuys.

I just gave it the whiney tone it deserved.

I'll just walk away slowly and avoid making eye contact.

j2k4
07-23-2010, 01:07 AM
I seen Fox and News in the same sentence, so I didn't bother. Everyone knows they're not a real news organization. Unless you consider Sarah Palin an investigative reporter.

Here, let me guess what that rant was about..........Fake indignation.

Nice its refreshing to hear the "I Know you are but what am I" defense. Classic!!!!!!
And who called her from the White House? Obama?

You guuuuuuuuuuuuys.

I just gave it the whiney tone it deserved.

I'll just walk away slowly and avoid making eye contact.

You sure are worried about little old Foxnews, considering the democrat juggernaut that is Obama.

I mean, really - nobody even watches Foxnews, right?

What in the world are you concerned about?

clocker
07-23-2010, 03:11 AM
What in the world are you concerned about?
Have you watched the clip and the whole video, Kev?

Breitbart is still claiming that it shows the audience cheering and applauding Sherrod's "racist rant".

So, did you see anything like that?
Did the snippet that Fox News has on permanent loop look like a "fair and balanced" representation of what the speech was about?

Breitbart has proclaimed himself "public enemy #1" of Dems and makes no apology for his agenda driven "reporting"- in fact, he now claims that he's the oppressed/discriminated against victim in this debacle.
That sound about right to you?

When he comes out with his next "expose", how likely are you to believe it?

j2k4
07-23-2010, 12:41 PM
You overlook the fact I have said nothing whatsoever about Sherrod, or Breitbart's alleged role in the affair.

Glenn Beck can arguably be said to have initiated the turnaround from Breitbart's conclusion, and Vilsack and the administration are looking like assholes over the whole thing.

Beyond that, I really don't care.

The fact is, with Foxnews (however characterized) on one side, and the balance of media on the other, significant progress is being made in short-circuiting the liberal agenda, and I await the mid-terms with great anticipatory glee.

clocker
07-23-2010, 12:50 PM
Yeah boy, I know you can hardly wait to return to the nineteenth century.