PDA

View Full Version : Movie Volume

scribblec
11-03-2003, 08:08 PM
on divx movies like screeners or whatever the volume is really low and i have to turn speaker right up just to hear any solutions or Anyone else get the same problem?

olibomb
11-03-2003, 08:13 PM
Yep i get the same problem as you, i can't hear the people's voices loud enough so i turn it up, but when i do that the background sounds get even louder so it's still too hard to hear their voices

TRshady
11-03-2003, 08:13 PM
This happens on my friends laptop and he can't find a solution either.
The thing for sure is, the fault is the computer and not the file (as I have the same files which work fine), so the suggestions I would give are: ....

Make sure sound drivers are updated.
Make sure you have the latest k-lite codex pack.
Try the file in divx player and wmp, as there can be notable differences.
Go into sound controls and ensure you don't have a certain slider set to low.

This may seem strange as other music files work fine at the right volume but its worth a try. Hope it helps, my old MC battle rival. :P

ck-uk
11-03-2003, 08:17 PM
It normally happens with ac3 sound,,what i did was use an ac3 codec instead of a filter.Now the sounds the same level as everything else.I cant rembr the site i got it from..but just have a little search on goggle for a ac3 codec and uninstall the filter if you're using one first. :D

scribblec
11-03-2003, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by TRshady@3 November 2003 - 20:13
This happens on my friends laptop and he can't find a solution either.
The thing for sure is, the fault is the computer and not the file (as I have the same files which work fine), so the suggestions I would give are: ....

Make sure sound drivers are updated.
Make sure you have the latest k-lite codex pack.
Try the file in divx player and wmp, as there can be notable differences.
Go into sound controls and ensure you don't have a certain slider set to low.

This may seem strange as other music files work fine at the right volume but its worth a try. Hope it helps, my old MC battle rival. :P
hehe the good old days :P

ill do the google search!
but how do i uninstall the codec thign just that one thing as i got the codec klite pack

SMID
11-03-2003, 10:19 PM
Down load Goldwave 4.26

Each section takes about 3mins (AMD2000+) might be different for other chips

NOTE MAKE SURE NOT TO SAVE OVER EXSISTING AVI

Open goldwave -Open - search for AVI

Deflashes to disk (sometimes it appears to freeze but leave it alone it will go)
Click on the maximise button - Scanning Max
Click ok maximise Volume
You might be clever enough to use Goldwave better than me to alter audio.

Open tools- Device controls and play audio to see if loud enough.

File - Save as - Mpeg audio mp3 (Or if you are going to use in tmpgenc to decode save as wave)

Click yes to display new waveform

-----------------------------------------------

Using Vdub-MP3
Open AVI and save AVI - No audio - Video set to - direct stream copy.

Open new AVI (with out sound)
Audio - MP3 Audio - search for new MP3 (created in goldwave)

Save AVI (both set to direct stream copy).

A bit of a mess on but ive had no problems since doing this.

buggymattus
11-04-2003, 02:19 AM
You could also reformat the video file in VirtualDub (if it's an AVI that is) and use the audio processing to change volume and sound codec etc...

Gre1
11-04-2003, 02:23 AM
Use the TCF Audio thing that comes in k-lite codec pack and it will turn the volume up.

SMID
11-04-2003, 08:01 AM
Buggymattus

Does that work with all audio formats

Do you have a link on how to do the reformat or could you do a guide for me.

abu_has_the_power
11-04-2003, 01:22 PM
just make sure u got the latest sound card driver. and u should be fine. and make sure ur codecs are recent. get the klite codec pack. has everything u need. i got it, and fixed my sound prob

fr600
11-04-2003, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by abu_has_the_power@4 November 2003 - 19:22
just make sure u got the latest sound card driver. and u should be fine. and make sure ur codecs are recent. get the klite codec pack. has everything u need. i got it, and fixed my sound prob

Great...

Anyway, you title "Sr. Lord of Your Mom" really s*cks. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

fr600
11-04-2003, 01:53 PM
SHORT GUIDE TO REFORMAT USING BOOTABLE WINDOWS 98 CD

This is how I use to reformat

1. Go to BIOS setup and select CD-ROM as the 1st boot device and HDD as 2nd.
2. Insert the bootable cd in your cd-rom and restart.
3. Select BOOT FROM CD-ROM
4. Select START COMPUTER WITH CD-ROM SUPPORT
5. Write D: and press Enter [where D: is your cd-rom drive]
6. Write cd win98
7. When D:/WIN98 is displayed, write format c: for a full format or if you want a quick format write format c:/q or if you wanna copy system file then write format c:/s or if you want both write format c:/q/s.
8. Continue with the process and when completed restart you computer.
9. Change the BIOS setting again.
10. Run any windows setup using any bootable CD.

As I said this is how I use to refrmat...

Skillian
11-04-2003, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by Gre1@4 November 2003 - 03:23
Use the TCF Audio thing that comes in k-lite codec pack and it will turn the volume up.
Anywhere to get this without getting the whole codec pack?

TheDave
11-04-2003, 04:27 PM
is this because the screeners are made for cinema?

so the talkings normal then the explosion breaks your speakers

Gre1
11-04-2003, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by Skillian+4 November 2003 - 08:58--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Skillian @ 4 November 2003 - 08:58)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Gre1@4 November 2003 - 03:23
Anywhere to get this without getting the whole codec pack? [/b][/quote]
Try typing it in yahoo it should come up when u do that.

Skillian
11-04-2003, 04:39 PM
Yeah, tried that but I&#39;m not really sure what I&#39;m looking for - lots of results. Do you know if it&#39;s possible to just pick and choose what you want to install from the codec pack? I don&#39;t want to install loads of unnecesary stuff.

littlestevee
11-04-2003, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by Gre1@4 November 2003 - 02:23
Where can I get this? Thanks&#33;

MadDog-2000
11-04-2003, 08:14 PM
I had similar problems with movies that were encoded in AC3. The sound seemed too low but I had the volume at a level where all my other movies played well at.

When you play the movie, check what codec it uses to decode the sound (most likely ACC/AC3 codec). Then, go into the codecs properties and see if there are any sliders you can move up. If you get a window that looks like the image below, simply move the Master and Gain sliders all the way up.

http://maddog.250free.com/ac3volume.jpg

That&#39;s it&#33; Have fun... :)

buggymattus
11-04-2003, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by SMID@4 November 2003 - 08:01
Buggymattus

Does that work with all audio formats

Do you have a link on how to do the reformat or could you do a guide for me.
Hmmm..maybe it is better to try with the TCF audio thing...VirtualDub itself is pretty straight forward..you open an avi file with it and then under the audio tab you have the option for full processing, after which you can change the volume...but that other option sounds like much less work&#33;&#33;

Gre1
11-05-2003, 03:39 AM
Or u can encode the audio if u plain on encoding the movie or something because I just go low sound on tomb raider 2 when I was watching so after I got done encoding I pause the movie and right-cliked then hit open audio file and it played much louder.