PDA

View Full Version : Movie Hopping Vs Pirating

judgeofallandnothing
11-04-2003, 07:05 AM
I think pirating is worse. WHat do u think?

Gre1
11-04-2003, 07:08 AM
Neither.

silent VI
11-04-2003, 07:16 AM
;) i think its all good

ck-uk
11-04-2003, 07:22 AM
Mate ...whats movie hopping???. :D

silent VI
11-04-2003, 07:24 AM
;) you hop em :lol: jk i have no idea :o google it :)

Roosh
11-04-2003, 07:36 AM
I assume he's referring to paying to see one flick in a multiplex, moseying on down to another theater to see another for free.

Been known to devote a Saturday once in a blue moon to movie-hopping -- Did that a couple of weeks ago for Kill Bill & School of Rock.

Pirating hits businesses a hell of a lot harder than movie hopping: losing $5-$10 every now & then on one ticket vs having some form of media available for free to millions at a time.

Darth Sushi
11-04-2003, 07:37 AM
Paying is worse :P

fr600
11-04-2003, 10:29 AM
Both are excellent. I love them...

Kid1A
11-04-2003, 10:55 AM
hey its not like were stealing from the needy are we, just money mad fags at the likes of sony and fox who rip of their artists anyway

puk:))
11-04-2003, 11:43 AM
companys like sony & warner have had enough money out of me over the years for me to really not give a shit about taking some of there products for free.

ck-uk
11-04-2003, 12:57 PM
I think i'm slightly to old & passed movie hopping..but i havent got a conscience about downloading them. :D

abu_has_the_power
11-04-2003, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by Roosh@4 November 2003 - 07:36
I assume he's referring to paying to see one flick in a multiplex, moseying on down to another theater to see another for free.

Been known to devote a Saturday once in a blue moon to movie-hopping -- Did that a couple of weeks ago for Kill Bill & School of Rock.

Pirating hits businesses a hell of a lot harder than movie hopping: losing $5-$10 every now & then on one ticket vs having some form of media available for free to millions at a time.
dude. in canada, every does that. i bought 1 ticket, and stayed at the theater all day, and watched every single movie. got kinda dizzy, but it's all good.

TheDave
11-04-2003, 04:25 PM
movie hopping is best cos you get a big screen and there is actually a chance of getting caught :lol: :lol:

Gre1
11-04-2003, 04:29 PM
I got caught before by some girls. They shined that bright as light on us and told us to come here then when we went out there after 5 mins they told us we could got in there and watch it. I was like Why the fuck did u just come get me for nothing.

zinc1
11-04-2003, 05:50 PM
:lol: I've got a funny story to tell about Movie Hopping & Pirating.
My 14 year old son is a regular visitor to cinemas and a few weeks back he told me that he paid in to watch a movie with his friends and then they went in to see another one for free.
That really made me mad and I told him off telling him thats like stealing and he should always pay to watch a movie and never do it again.

Then I think about what I do this is like stealing as well in a way,Even though I always watch the big movies before downloading them and borrowing to mates.
I think in a way I've already paid for it.so my concious is clear and I really don't feel guilty. :lol: :lol:

dragon_bane
11-04-2003, 07:26 PM
The most I ever hopped was 3 movies.

I paid for "Die Another Day then went into "The Ring" "Jackass" and either "Spirited Away (really cool)" or "House of 1000 corpses (really bad)"

JaVnI
11-04-2003, 10:31 PM
Never hopped but download films quite a lot. i rarely d/l a film b4 havin seen it in the theatres tho

buggymattus
11-04-2003, 11:51 PM
Hmmm..never movie hopped but I think it's worse than pirating..for the culprit that is! L.OL! AT least with this d'l thing it's hard to get caught and it isn't as blatant...plus we do pay for our internet services. Is it MY fault that there are movies everywhere waiting to be downloaded??? I think not!!

zhelynd
11-11-2003, 02:44 AM
Hopping is usually better than pirating beacuse
1-you at least paid something to the right industry (admission)
2-"the seat is empty anyways" lol

but when pirating a movie, you are paying to the wrong industry(I assume pirating refers to paying $5 for a illegal dvd) and there is a chance that you will share the pirated movie to all your friends and families which will lead to more damage to the movie makers

so as from the movie makers' perspective, hopping is probably 3 times better than pirating :)

Stonecoldfreak1
11-11-2003, 02:53 AM
closest ive done to hopping is i went into 8 mile... baby wouldnt stop crying for 20 min so i went to die another day

i would have done it this other time when i went to see triple x because i payed for that went out then my mom said i gotta go do some stuff so you can either come or go see another movie... i was like WTF! i could have just fuckin gone to another one instead of getting another fucking ticket

alextreme
11-11-2003, 03:12 AM
hopping is great, I do it all the time, never been caught :P

Jay
11-11-2003, 03:41 AM
neither

judgeofallandnothing
11-11-2003, 04:05 AM
its pretty hard to get caught movie hopping unless ur idiotic. Like asking teh same ushers directions to different movie every time u finish one

abu_has_the_power
11-11-2003, 05:05 AM
Originally posted by dragon_bane@4 November 2003 - 19:26
The most I ever hopped was 3 movies.

I paid for "Die Another Day then went into "The Ring" "Jackass" and either "Spirited Away (really cool)" or "House of 1000 corpses (really bad)"
that's not a lot. famous players, the big theater in Toronto, i stayed there from 7 am to 12 am. that's like ... 17hrs. i watched every single movie they were showing. the guys didn't even care. that was cool

sausamyre
11-11-2003, 05:37 AM
I think they are both vitimless crimes , and I say we are all a product of a bad economy and are forced to pinch pennies when ever and where ever possible. Most all the good movies arent even the ones with good special effects. And the ones with good effects arent good movies anymore. Not much reason to go to the theater anymore for me. And besides, I cant spark a bowl in a crowded public room. Where is the fun in that? :D

Alex H
11-11-2003, 06:54 AM
Neither really. If the movie studios paid the actors what they are worth ($20m for 4 months worth of filming?) instead of what they DEMAND (So-and-so-actor now worth $14m per movie, etc) then they wouldn't loose AS much.

I mean the only reason the actors want that much money is because they know the studios are making SHITLOADS in profits and so they pitch for as much as they think they can get away with!

For Chineese films, a 300% return on investment is considered as a FLOP! (Wish I could have business that performed that bad!)

Anyways, hopping is fun but downloading is more satisfying.