PDA

View Full Version : Bittorent Help!

brucelee21
11-05-2003, 06:26 AM
Hi, okay K-Lite is great......now I'm ready for the next level...It seems BT is it (so I've heard) but how the hell do you use it!? I downloaded S-5.8.7 and BT 3.3 I don't know really where to begin....???? How do you search for software and games???

{I}{K}{E}
11-05-2003, 07:14 AM
you only need S-5.8.7

www.suprnova.tk <_<

Icebound
11-05-2003, 07:17 AM
unlike others, i&#39;m not gonna bitch about ur ill-placed topic and not give u help

if u have bt installed, all u gotta do is go to suprnova.org (http://home.comcast.net/~btsuprnova/list_news.html) and find something u like and click on it. choose where u want ur download to go and bt will do the rest. if u think k-lite is good, u don&#39;t know what ur missing

*Edit
i hate it when we post at the same time :lol:

muchspl2
11-05-2003, 07:19 AM
and the F>>>>A>>>>>Q (http://www.dessent.net/btfaq/) for all other questions

brucelee21
11-05-2003, 08:47 AM
okay...now I&#39;ve begun downloading fifa2004 from deviance....but its gonna take 146 hrs to complete d/l....I am running norton security....how do I speed up the d/l??? will it help if i turn off firewall?? other tips would be helpful as well....any links to any other torrent sites??

Icebound
11-05-2003, 09:40 AM
if u gave bit torrent permission for internet access, u should be ok. if ur status light is ALWAYS, not once in awhile, yellow -- u need to disable firewall. it should be green most of the time, if all is well

there is also a pinned bt guide in Filesharing> Other Filesharing Programs ;)

brucelee21
11-05-2003, 10:15 AM
so do you recommend leaving BT on all day all night??? I usually turn off my computer when I sleep or when i&#39;m not on just for security reasons...my last cpu got hacked.

Gre1
11-05-2003, 03:53 PM
U can leave it on I doubt u will get hacked again.

SniperInTheShadows
11-05-2003, 05:23 PM
I would &#33;NOT&#33; turn your Firewall off&#33; That will leave you very vulnerable to hacker&#39;s&#33; I did a reformat on Monday and before i&#39;d even got my Firewall reinstalled I got a virus placed on my HD whilst it was vulnerable. Really pissed me off that i&#39;d only just finished reinstalling and got it within second&#39;s of having done so.

Just make sure you&#39;ve got your Firewall correctly configured for BitTorrent and you should be ok.

Sniper.

brucelee21
11-05-2003, 10:02 PM
how do you configure your firewall for BT... do I only allow traffic coming through ports 6881-6899??? currently I just allow all traffic for BT....and another question, I&#39;ve completed d/l of call of duty....how do I install it?? I have multiple rar files as well as a .bin and .cue file....also I have nero 6... do i burn it as an ISO??? and does it matter which file I select??

brucelee21
11-05-2003, 10:53 PM
grrreat...it just doesnt get any easier....okay i&#39;ve managed to get halo from BT(yes i did seed it for a couple hrs) got it on disc... installed it got a cdkey from klite and a crack from GCW but now i get a "your cd key is invalid" for multi player.... is there any way around this??

muchspl2
11-05-2003, 11:01 PM
whear to start
1. read the nfo for all game info
if you would , it tell you that any # will work, so no need to look around for a key
2. if you would have read the nfo, it tell you whear the crack is on the disc, cleverly hidden in the crack folder, so no need to get the crack from GCW
and for you valid question, you can only play on cracked servers, look for flt, cracked, dark server, you get the idea, maybe 1 of 8 is a cracked server, depending on the time of day and weekday vs weekend

brucelee21
11-06-2003, 07:26 AM
i&#39;ve tried to join cracked servers (ie "cracked halo" etc.) but even with the word cracked in the server name I still get "your cd key is invalid". Also how do I speed up my dowloads in BT....i have some good files for seeding...will seeding speed me up...i know that my dl rate is proportional to my ul rate...so how do I share my goods.???

I_Delete_Fakes
11-06-2003, 08:46 PM
Hi Bruce
I use BT for most of my games, and they usualy start of slow then speed up as more people will seed as they complete their downloads, a 1.5gb game will take about 24hrs with 512K connection.
I tend to use www.digital-update.com/forums you need to register but its free.

Most cd&#39;s have the crack on disk 1 possibly a folder called "Deviance" as Muchs said their should be a .nfo (info) file open this with wordpad and it will give you full instructions.
In the crack there is usualy a different .exe file ( the icon you click on to start the game ) that needs to be placed inside the Programs Folder of the game you installed, this will REPLACE the original icon, and will stop the "insert the correct cd" message :)

With files that are all .rar files just extract the first file and wait............
this should give you a .bin file and a .cue file, in Nero find "file" and then "burn image" with the .cue file onto a blank cd

Or use "DaemonTools" to mount the .cue file onto a virtual cd drive ( recomended)http://www.daemon-tools.cc/portal/index.php

On digital-update there is a full tutorial :)

I recomend downloading a prog called Burst RC5 it is an addon for BT and you can control the upload speeds of the people leeching from you.

http://krypt.dyndns.org:81/torrent/

Hope this helps