PDA

View Full Version : Kvcd Encoder

sippityflow
11-05-2003, 08:55 AM
Im trying to rip Reloaded from dvd to kvcd with muchspl2's method, but acp only rips to a dvd file (.vob) but i can't get it to convert to kvcd. And on top of that when it rips it, it splits the movie into like 7 different 20 min files. Am I doing something wrong? And is Kvcd the best encoder to make the smallest file so it will fit on one disk but still be good quality? (sorry if any of this doesn't make sense, I just recently started learning all this)

I will really appreciate any help (and please hurry the movie is due on Fri :P )

ck-uk
11-05-2003, 09:05 AM
No mate kvcd isnt the best imo..it dosnt mater which format you use.If you cram a movie down in size you'll never get good quality.Invest in a dvd burner they're very cheap now.And if you dont want to convert to dvd ,,you can fit 2-3 films in (s)vcd on one dvd at full quality. :D

Yes when you rip a dvd the splitting of vob files is normal.Or you could look for an older version of dvddecrypter 140 which can rip the movie to a single vob file. :D

muchspl2
11-05-2003, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by sippityflow@5 November 2003 - 09:55
Im trying to rip Reloaded from dvd to kvcd with muchspl2's method, but acp only rips to a dvd file (.vob) but i can't get it to convert to kvcd. And on top of that when it rips it, it splits the movie into like 7 different 20 min files. Am I doing something wrong? And is Kvcd the best encoder to make the smallest file so it will fit on one disk but still be good quality? (sorry if any of this doesn't make sense, I just recently started learning all this)

I will really appreciate any help (and please hurry the movie is due on Fri :P )
best way is gordian knot to avi (divx/xvid) the avi to kvcd, its a bitch, but the best quailty (close to svcd on I disc)

http://gknot.doom9.org/