PDA

View Full Version : www.seedboxhosting.co.uk review?

xohost
10-19-2010, 03:56 PM
I have seen this company around for a little while and having seen banners and other promotional material around i have just signed up for basic box. When i filled out the online forum and got one of the normal thank you emails nothing to special but within 20mins got a message saying box is currently being set up and around 30mins more and i had the username and password in my inbox.

Speeds are all rite but you don’t expect massive things from a 100Mb shared line probably getting 8MB+ but the same with a lot of sites the ftp leaves much to be desired. Overall I would say its one of the better seedbox’s ive tried.

Has anybody else tried www.seedboxhosting.co.uk or got anything else i could check for?

Thelen
10-20-2010, 12:36 AM
tflux b4rt and way more expensive than xirvik even.

Load up some public TV show, see what speeds you get over a day.

bigg2
11-17-2010, 04:02 PM
Hi

I dont know if im looking in the right place but seedbox hosting does unlimited torrents and 50gb for £10 a month and xirvik does 10 torrent and 75 gb for £23

Has anybody else used seedboxhosting?

Thelen
11-18-2010, 01:36 AM
You can find a lot of much cheaper and better plans than those.

Cabalo
11-18-2010, 01:39 AM
I have seen this company around for a little while and having seen banners and other promotional material around i have just signed up for basic box. When i filled out the online forum and got one of the normal thank you emails nothing to special but within 20mins got a message saying box is currently being set up and around 30mins more and i had the username and password in my inbox.

Speeds are all rite but you don’t expect massive things from a 100Mb shared line probably getting 8MB+ but the same with a lot of sites the ftp leaves much to be desired. Overall I would say its one of the better seedbox’s ive tried.

Has anybody else tried www.seedboxhosting.co.uk or got anything else i could check for?
FTP has to be tweaked on any server. It's not that hard, if you just use your head.
I remember a member at FST asking me to tweak his box, which he was getting max 250kb/s, and in the end it went up to 4Mb/s.
As I said, just use logic and google a bit about how the FTP protocol goes, and how does your FTP server is configured.