PDA

View Full Version : Private Tracker Invites

bent
10-22-2010, 04:05 AM
How does one get invited with a private tracker if you dont know anyone associated with a private tracker?

ca_aok
10-22-2010, 04:09 AM
IRC interviews, open signups, generous people in the invite giveaway section.

bent
10-22-2010, 04:12 AM
Thank you very much

Cabalo
10-22-2010, 04:17 AM
A good place to start with is our thread with the open signups. :)
Just try to stay away from btjunkie, piratebay, etc and you will be safe from those letters.

bent
10-22-2010, 04:24 AM
Thank you for all your help.

gamesover
10-22-2010, 05:37 AM
Also be active here and if you signup for any trackers with open signups be active in their forums and IRC. Don't spam, make well thought out posts, let people get to know you, don't ask for too many invites here unless you've given something back, and get well versed on the rules. Most of all, be patient. Some of my trackers took me months or even years to get, most trackers are a lot easier than that. Depends on what your really looking for in a tracker.

1000possibleclaws
10-22-2010, 06:21 AM
Well what sorts of private trackers do you want? If it's demonoid, I'm sure a total stranger on FST would be happy to hook you up. For 99.99999% of people who torrent, demonoid is a top class torrent site. Forum posters on here have a completely different idea of what 'private trackers' are, and generally invest way too much of their personal time to end up in/maintain sites that have pretty much the same content as demonoid, but get them mere minutes before they go public everywhere else, and have faster download speeds. Keep in mind we are all the minority up in here.

anon
10-22-2010, 01:13 PM
IRC interviews, open signups, generous people in the invite giveaway section.

Pretty much. You could check blogs like FSF and FILEnetworks regularly, also. They'll inform you when a tracker opens for signups, gives free invites, and the like.

whatcdfan
10-22-2010, 01:50 PM
and u shud also know what exactly are u lookin for signing up on every tracker that is open is worthless unless it has the content u r looking for, i suggest u to browse "what trackers offer" and get to know trackers better also try to be active here and then see ur way through...........

n00bz0r
10-22-2010, 03:37 PM
and u shud also know what exactly are u lookin for signing up on every tracker that is open is worthless unless it has the content u r looking for, i suggest u to browse "what trackers offer" and get to know trackers better also try to be active here and then see ur way through...........
...and learn about tracker levels while you're at it. :dabs:

IdolEyes787
10-22-2010, 04:05 PM
Well what sorts of private trackers do you want? If it's demonoid, I'm sure a total stranger on FST would be happy to hook you up. For 99.99999% of people who torrent, demonoid is a top class torrent site. Forum posters on here have a completely different idea of what 'private trackers' are, and generally invest way too much of their personal time to end up in/maintain sites that have pretty much the same content as demonoid, but get them mere minutes before they go public everywhere else, and have faster download speeds. Keep in mind we are all the minority up in here.

What he said .

There will come the time , sooner for some ,later for others but nonetheless there will come the time when you realize that all the time that you invested into getting into certain sites was largely wasted time fueled by either ego or stupidity.
If you want a private site look into IPT or TL .Other sites are fine ,especially niche ones but realize that the further up "the food chain" you are the greater the number of fake,self-involved and myopic people you are likely to run into.

Also be active here and if you signup for any trackers with open signups be active in their forums and IRC. Don't spam, make well thought out posts, let people get to know you, don't ask for too many invites here unless you've given something back, and get well versed on the rules. Most of all, be patient. Some of my trackers took me months or even years to get, most trackers are a lot easier than that. Depends on what your really looking for in a tracker.

Nonsense that isn't a "strategy" that is just someone being a disingenuous ass . Btw just out of curiosity those trackers that took "years " to get into , were they really worth it and if yes then may I inquire your age?

gamesover
10-22-2010, 07:25 PM
What he said .

There will come the time , sooner for some ,later for others but nonetheless there will come the time when you realize that all the time that you invested into getting into certain sites was largely wasted time fueled by either ego or stupidity.
If you want a private site look into IPT or TL .Other sites are fine ,especially niche ones but realize that the further up "the food chain" you are the greater the number of fake,self-involved and myopic people you are likely to run into.

Nonsense that isn't a "strategy" that is just someone being a disingenuous ass . Btw just out of curiosity those trackers that took "years " to get into , were they really worth it and if yes then may I inquire your age?

How is being active, making good posts, giving back, not spamming, not asking for too many invites, and following the rules make someone a disingenuous ass? Not sure I'm getting what you mean. Only one or two trackers took me a lot longer than most to get into, don't take that to mean I was actively seeking them out or asking for them. Have you seen me make many requests or apply in any giveaways here? Back then I would usually just talk to one of my close friends or wait until something special like a birthday celebration came by. Some trackers, I could name you one in particular, only gave out invites once a year so that's what I really mean by the "years" comment. Some years you get in, other times it's good luck try again next time.

Don't kid yourself though if a tracker like the rabbit gave out invites on their bday most people here would be all over it, if they weren't already a member and could stick their nose up at people who want to join. Let's also admit that while we truly enjoy most of our trackers we have all been a member at a tracker that didn't live up to its hype (or level). You've never asked yourself why your a member at some tracker, why you still lurk around. Even the people who say they let would it get pruned or ask for it to be disabled aren't much better, they are still joining trackers they probably didn't really need. I've seen many people like that.

I've been into torrents for several years, I'm at the perfect age for it too if you want to know. Not young enough to be immature, not old enough to have many IRL responsibilities and commitments. If I went through my tracker bookmarks right now I would at the most throw away one or two and that's only if I had to. The rest of them really are worth it.

IdolEyes787
10-22-2010, 07:34 PM
I apologize for any misunderstanding, I wasn't speaking of you directly .I was only saying that if someone's entire reason ( and this happens a lot) for 'being seen" on certain forums or trackers or trackers forums, good posts or bad, is to hopefully wrangle an invite out of someone then that is being disingenuous in my book ( at least).

gamesover
10-22-2010, 08:27 PM
I apologize for any misunderstanding, I wasn't speaking of you directly .I was only saying that if someone's entire reason ( and this happens a lot) for 'being seen" on certain forums or trackers or trackers forums, good posts or bad, is to hopefully wrangle an invite out of someone then that is being disingenuous in my book ( at least).

When we all started out, even though its been so many years it's hard to remember, we all wanted invites. Some try to take a shortcut and thats what leads them to trading, they know the potential risks vs. rewards. Some take a more honest and patient route, which is the one I described that you see all over the place here and at other forums. It's the spirit of sharing, except instead of just sharing xvids or mp3s, they are sharing their invites and themselves at the same time. The members you see here with join dates past 2009 or 2008 are what can be described as veterans. Hopefully they stick around to hang out and to guide the noobies; someone has to give them advice.

It's easy to take connections for granted when you have friends that can invite you all the best trackers and sometimes you don't even have to ask. I remember when I started out a forum just like this one, I belonged to one or two privates sites and one of them was Torrentbytes (back when it was open signup all the time) and I didn't know a single person. Most of the trackers I had back then I had because they were in the Open Signup thread, if I was real lucky I might win a giveaway or get a request received and that was only after I was a member for several months. Oink was my first big tracker, unfortunately I had joined it near the tail end of it's life. I made a few mistakes just like we all did when we didn't know any better. Years of experience gives us better judgment and a more thorough understanding of how things work.

So I try not to be too hard on people nowadays, unless it's something that is really disgusting like trading open signup trackers. A few people ruin it for everyone else; that was a failed experiment TT won't try again and we know who to thank for that.

addon619
10-23-2010, 11:44 AM
Maintain a good ratio on the trackers u currently in .It will help u to get more invites

DeadPoet
10-23-2010, 02:57 PM
Wanna get into those called "hard to get into" sites? It's fairly easy. Just grab photoshop, master your skill and make avatars/designs and stuff like that and you will get ton of friends and respect from staffers i.e. you will get invited everywhere you want. True story.

anon
10-23-2010, 04:20 PM
Wanna get into those called "hard to get into" sites? It's fairly easy. Just grab photoshop, master your skill and make avatars/designs and ...

For a moment I thought you'd comment on addon619's post and talk about editing ratio screenshots. :lol:

And that's what makes ratio proofs essentially useless, anyway.

DeadPoet
10-23-2010, 04:49 PM
Ratio proofs are useless, same as seedbox proofs because seedbox is a temporary thing and it says nothing about your seeding habits.

Actually you need to be active on your trackers not on tracker invite forums to get invites to other private trackers. Plain and simple.