PDA

View Full Version : Question about Waffles

lea88
10-24-2010, 09:44 PM
Guys I have some questions about Waffles.

1)Do they have FLACs or WAVs of Indian Songs/Remixes?
2)Do they have FLACs or WAVs of popular English songs by Pitbull, Black Eyes peas, Kid Cudi, Akon etc?

Thanks!

anon
10-24-2010, 09:50 PM
I can tell you answer 2 is "yes" without logging in. :P

lea88
10-24-2010, 09:52 PM
lol i knew about 2nd but still wanted to be sure. 1 is my main concern. I am already a member at BWT which is a premier resource for 1 but there are absolutely no seeders for torrents except for the latest 5-10 torrents.

karachidude
10-24-2010, 10:23 PM
theres a catagory,which goes by the name "ethnic/world" ,u may find some indian songs there,but not many :)

lea88
10-24-2010, 10:27 PM
That sucks. Anyone knows any tracker except BWT and other small indian trackers (like DesiTorrent) where I can find FLACs of Indian songs?

whatcdfan
10-25-2010, 03:27 AM
That sucks. Anyone knows any tracker except BWT and other small indian trackers (like DesiTorrent) where I can find FLACs of Indian songs?

desibbrg, desidhamaal, mastitorrents etc but a question arises in my mind why do ye lookin for indian lossless music on the internet when its available at 10 rupees a disk?
and not to mention india is one of the most "piracy" suffering country in the world so you can go into market and grab whatever u want to, at a cost of 1 dollar u get 5 discs with around 50 albums.
and have u tried songs.pk they have almost all their rlses in CBR 320 which in my opinion is excellebt quality, i prefer mp3 over lossless bcoz of the fact that its playable on every device out there

lea88
10-25-2010, 11:52 AM

desibbrg, desidhamaal, mastitorrents etc but a question arises in my mind why do ye lookin for indian lossless music on the internet when its available at 10 rupees a disk?
and not to mention india is one of the most "piracy" suffering country in the world so you can go into market and grab whatever u want to, at a cost of 1 dollar u get 5 discs with around 50 albums.
and have u tried songs.pk they have almost all their rlses in CBR 320 which in my opinion is excellebt quality, i prefer mp3 over lossless bcoz of the fact that its playable on every device out there

Well in the city I live, I have wasted alot of money on these so called 'original cds' but they are all converted from mp3s. I have a high end sound system in my car and home and mp3s simply dont cut it. Also I am searching for some 24bit/96KHz recordings rather than 16bit/44KHz audio cds have to offer

DeadPoet
10-25-2010, 12:19 PM
You may try rutracker.

There are ton of FLAC's. I'm sure you could find some stuff there. ;]

whatcdfan
10-25-2010, 12:57 PM

Well in the city I live, I have wasted alot of money on these so called 'original cds' but they are all converted from mp3s. I have a high end sound system in my car and home and mp3s simply dont cut it. Also I am searching for some 24bit/96KHz recordings rather than 16bit/44KHz audio cds have to offer

lossy and lossless have a huge quality difference thats for sure but how did ye come to conclusion that the so called "original cds" are converted from so called mp3's, they are encoded with so called "original wav cds at full 1411.2 kbps" u shud get ur facts right and secondly there arent any 24bit cds out there even the original so called "HDCD's" in the west but indian labels dont rls them they arent on offer.

You may try rutracker.

There are ton of FLAC's. I'm sure you could find some stuff there. ;]

dead poet u r dead right rutracker has "world calss" lossless content which lea shud take a look at

@lea: dont try to make ur way into waffles if u r not in yet it wont get u any indian content in the quality u mentioned and its very hard to seed there better of u shud hunt other options out, the international music u mentioned is easily available out there in lossless and i am more then sure you will find a lot of good stuff at the rutracker - the place to be :)

ca_aok
10-25-2010, 01:03 PM

lossy and lossless have a huge quality difference thats for sure but how did ye come to conclusion that the so called "original cds" are converted from so called mp3's, they are encoded with so called "original wav cds at full 1411.2 kbps" u shud get ur facts right and secondly there arent any 24bit cds out there even the original so called "HDCD's" in the west but indian labels dont rls them they arent on offer.
It's easy, rip the CD and look at the spectrals. This sort of thing is actually quite common, especially older CD-Rs that were often sourced from things like Napster or Limewire, before the advent of lossless formats becoming popular.

Secondly, there are 20 bit CDs (the HDCDs that you mentioned) but he didn't say 24/96 CDs... he's probably referring to DVD-A/Bluray sources or perhaps analog rips of SACDs or Vinyl.

Either way, I think you're probably out of luck on that front. I'm not aware of a huge audiophile demographic in that genre, except perhaps Indian classical music or more traditional eastern instrumentation (which doesn't sound like what you're looking for).

There's an uploader on the lossless trackers that uploads a ton of Indian classical music though.

whatcdfan
10-25-2010, 01:06 PM
There's an uploader on the lossless trackers that uploads a ton of Indian classical music though.

are u referring to rutracker?

also i have already mentioned we dont have BR's and vinyl's

ca_aok
10-25-2010, 01:12 PM
Nope, Pedro's/E/wherever else he uploads (not certain).

lea88
10-25-2010, 01:20 PM
@whatcdfan

I have a setup which consists of Morel Supremo Components coupled with a Audison amp and a JBL MS-8. Compression artifacts, lack of instrument detail and strangled vocals are characteristics of these so called audio CDs. I compared them with FLACs I downloaded off BWT. Theres a huge difference in quality. Yes I am also thinking of not trying for Waffles as it does seems its worth it.

Can anyone here help me out with where I can get FLACs of songs by Pitbull, Black eyes peas, kid Cudi, Flo rida etc? preferably an open tracker

ca_aok
10-25-2010, 01:28 PM
Take the What.cd interview?

http://whatinterviewprep.webs.com/

I'd assume demonoid and rutracker.org would have most of that stuff though, just perhaps with fewer seeders or without an EAC/XLD log.

A
10-25-2010, 01:33 PM
Except CDs of reputed companies (like Sony) more than 90% of the CDs are mp3s.I know because I have bought it.And moreover isn't it too good to be true to expect FLAC CDs for 10 rupess a disk?

I'd assume demonoid and rutracker.org would have most of that stuff though, just perhaps with fewer seeders or without an EAC/XLD log.
Indians are banned in What.CD interview channel.He needs to get an invite from someone to join.

whatcdfan
10-25-2010, 01:45 PM

log file is mandatory on rutracker lossless uploads

Except CDs of reputed companies (like Sony) more than 90% of the CDs are mp3s.I know because I have bought it.And moreover isn't it too good to be true to expect FLAC CDs for 10 rupess a disk?

i have also purchased many so called 'original cd's" from publishers like emi, bmg, sony, universal they are all lossless and this is the first time i have come across the peice of information that "original cd's are also in lossy".
and 10 rupees,well thats the actual price in the piracy market for 1 disc dosent matter if its a flac or mp3 or a dvd having cam rips on it atleast 4 or 5 movies or a dvd encoded from an original dvd at the same or lesser quality