It's time for us to see,
if the cheaters will learn,
that a good ratio is something you have to earn

If your friend has an invite,
then call them right now,
we won't do it for you. Not later, not now

If you have an invite to give,
then choose your friends wisely,
if you invite a cheater we'll ban you both, and we don't do it nicely!

If you've got no friends that are members,
but you really want to join,
then we may be able to help in exchange for some coin

For only US$10,
You'll be able to see,
what it's like to be a VIP on speed.cd

In exchange for your kindness,
you will get from us,
10GB upload credit, one invite, and much more with no fuss

So what are you waiting for?
Don't delay, where are your wits?
Join us right now and "Push Your Speed To The Limits!!"

Kinda unfortunate because I was looking for a movies tracker and I know they were open about a week ago, when I thought demonoid was good enough for me, so I didn't sign up. Oh well, I'll look around for CN or whatever.

Quarterquack
10-30-2010, 11:59 PM
They could have at least made it a haiku. At any rate, there's a resident CN staffer active here at FST. I'm sure if you drop in a legitimate request he won't mind lending you a hand so that you can join the fun.

Also: Is speed.cd actually a movie tracker? Why pick a cd domain name?

Waddafocky
10-31-2010, 12:14 AM
I thought it was a cd tracker too, but who knows. I don't think they're located in China, but they are a general tracker with a big focus on movies/tv.

Also, thanks for the advice about the request. I'd do it, but I don't quite have the cojones to make a request. I'm still considering whether it's a smart move for me, because I don't have the hardware to survive somewhere that is "moderate"ly hard to keep a ratio at (according to the "What Trackers Offer" thing). Seriously, I'd probably be better off at a large general tracker, I'm thinking. For example, I have an account at waffles, but I'm scared to download anything for fear of harming my ratio - I'll probably wait until I can properly rip a lot of CD's. But thanks again.

Quarterquack
10-31-2010, 12:40 AM
Au contraire. As long as you seed without hit & running, CN staffers don't give a damn about ratios (they haven't disabled any user based on bad ratio as far as I know). They do tell you to maintain a 1+ ratio, though, and that's easily achieved with their generous bonus points system.

Waddafocky
10-31-2010, 12:48 AM
Hmm... That sounds enticing. You don't think he'll turn me down because I'm not established anywhere yet? Like the most I have uploaded is about 12 gigs at BCG. OTOH, I have positive ratios everywhere, and I seed forever as long as I have the space and they allow my client.

Oh, and ringhunter, you're awesome.

cinephilia
10-31-2010, 01:46 AM
KG, Goem, PTP > CN

not an opinion but a fact.

Waddafocky
10-31-2010, 02:01 AM
I'd look for a KG invite if it weren't so damn hard to seed there, from what I hear. I need to find a ratioless tracker, because I seed as long as I can, but not particularly the things people want...

Nor do I have a seedbox.

n00bz0r
10-31-2010, 02:18 AM
PM me if yer interested in joining either PTP, Goem, TC, KG or even PtN for that matter :P

PTP has frequent freeleech.. so do TC and Goem.
PtN is ratio free.
KG is relatively difficult. You should be okay as long as you upload torrents, jump on new ones and seed for a substantial amount of time, as they do have seed bonus.

IdolEyes787
10-31-2010, 02:45 AM
I'd look for a KG invite if it weren't so damn hard to seed there, from what I hear. I need to find a ratioless tracker, because I seed as long as I can, but not particularly the things people want...

Nor do I have a seedbox.

KG isn't harder to seed at than most other niche trackers, the real question though is what sort of movies and in what format are you looking for?KG is pretty useless to most people .If you aren't specifically looking for foreign,"art' or older movies then you might just as well forget about it.

As for torrents I got this off another site .What it doesn't tell you though is how many of those are just dupes in different formats .

Movie Tracker: Number of Torrents (active):
PassThePopcorn 21,559
TehConnection 11,149
CN 11,800
PtN 3,182 (as of August 6th/2010)

Waddafocky
10-31-2010, 03:02 AM
@IdolEyes: The table is from a FSF post, right? And yeah, KG would be useless to me - I'm using AsianDVDClub for Asian movies, but I was just looking for a tracker that does mainstream English language films. Probably coupled with my Google skills to find obscure content, any of those sites in the table would work for me, I think. I'll narrow it down with some research.

@n00bz0r: Thanks for the offer. I'll send you a PM after I do some more research on which site is right for me.

KFlint
10-31-2010, 03:14 AM
Closing. The thread is not following the original subject. If you decide to make a proper request, please use the invite and giveaway section of the board.