PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever heard of this before

Raban
10-31-2010, 04:49 AM
on the PT faq seeding rules... i think its new as its in bold...

. Download .torrent file is equal to downloading full torrent (except .PACK. torrents) ! You are warned.

so just downloading the .torrent file flags you for downloading the whole thing ?? sounds like they are having trouble with ghost leeching or somethings ? ?

Waddafocky
10-31-2010, 05:16 AM
That IS weird, it must be a bug in their code that's considering a download of the .torrent file as a snatch.

bijoy
10-31-2010, 05:19 AM
this is the 1st time I'm hearing this, anything wrong, I guess???

Shinzen
10-31-2010, 05:52 AM
Wow weird did u try their support ?

TraLaLa
10-31-2010, 06:41 AM
Very cool thing :unsure: they want to increase the numbers ...

ca_aok
10-31-2010, 07:00 AM
I interpret that as if you download the .torrent file, you're expected to seed the torrent according to their seeding rules, whether or not you download any data. If you don't, it might be counted as a hit and run.

Raban
10-31-2010, 02:38 PM
Wow weird did u try their support ?

that "You are warned" is not directed to me its to everyone on the site... the line i pasted is from their FAQ/Rules section ... its just how they are operating now and i think its very strange ... if you accidently click on the wrong .torrent you will immediately be responsible for seeding it back to 1.0 or some number of hours... imagine if its a 10 gig torrent you miss-click

karachidude
10-31-2010, 03:29 PM
thats just wierd

anon
10-31-2010, 04:24 PM
. Download .torrent file is equal to downloading full torrent (except .PACK. torrents) !

= "If you download a torrent, you must leech 100% of it (excepting packs)."

Meaning partial seeding isn't downloaded on non-packs. Just like on BCG.

stoi
10-31-2010, 04:38 PM
Well i never read it like that, it sounds to me that if you download the torrent, so basically a hit on the torrent details page, then you have to download the whole thing, but then the bit in brackets, could very well mean no partial seeding, i think it could be worded better though.

whatcdfan
10-31-2010, 04:49 PM
very likely to be the case of preventing ghost leeching, if it is so then warning shud have been described as "dont worry editing the passkey, u've dlownloaded the torrent means u've downloaded the data,f*ck the tracker and seed it back, thats it no arguments"

stoi
10-31-2010, 04:51 PM
but even that wont stop ghost leeching, wont go into details and give anyone ideas, but there is a way to even get around that (and i would guess most ghost leech cheaters do it anyway).

anon
10-31-2010, 04:59 PM
very likely to be the case of preventing ghost leeching, if it is so then warning shud have been described as "dont worry editing the passkey, u've dlownloaded the torrent means u've downloaded the data,f*ck the tracker and seed it back, thats it no arguments"

Looking at the first post again, it does look like they meant "downloading the .torrent metadata means you have to download the torrent". The thing is, since the text looks like made by a machine translator, we can't really know unless someone asks the PT staff.

but even that wont stop ghost leeching, wont go into details and give anyone ideas, but there is a way to even get around that

True.

buggyfresh
11-03-2010, 06:48 PM
Looks like a case of

http://imgur.com/QeYnx.jpg

..or translation :p

dexico90
11-04-2010, 10:25 AM
So what if I just want to check filelist? And that option dont work on site. Or if they hide peer list and I dont know how much will take to download 100%? What if I start to download and I see it will take much more to download then expected? I will quit and get hnr instead od downloading it for whole month...

anon
11-04-2010, 11:27 AM
So what if I just want to check filelist? And that option dont work on site. Or if they hide peer list and I dont know how much will take to download 100%? What if I start to download and I see it will take much more to download then expected? I will quit and get hnr instead od downloading it for whole month...

Good points. You should discuss them with their staff. :unsure:

Though I'm sure they considered that also, yet saw the current system as the best choice. And about speeds, new torrents on most sites tend to be hosted by seedboxes.

Hancock
11-05-2010, 09:20 AM
PT has so many rules they try so hard to invent new ones that make any sense.

Hiccup
11-05-2010, 07:16 PM

This is pretty much what I was thinking when I read this rule. For some reason, I think I've seen this somewhere else, some small site that ended up failing anyway.

philau
11-10-2010, 08:30 AM
Well, I think PT did implement this rule. I download a .torrent file without putting it in my client. and it did show a HnR in my unseed list. This rule is not too reasonable.