PDA

View Full Version : TV Show releases..

LtAda
11-07-2010, 05:48 AM
Is there a significant difference between the speed of TV Show releases on BitmeTV vs 0-day trackers such as TL or SCC?

Di@monds
11-07-2010, 06:16 AM
Is there a significant difference between the speed of TV Show releases on BitmeTV vs 0-day trackers such as TL or SCC?
If youre running with home connection lets say 10/10, then no. But if you running with a gbit then yes, SCC is the fastest

LtAda
11-07-2010, 06:20 AM
Home connection, so I guess I won't bother looking for BitMeTv invites. Thanks!

ca_aok
11-07-2010, 07:26 AM
SCC generally has a faster pretime if you care for that sort of thing too. BMTV has a much slower time since the eps are unrared and most of their stuff is user uploaded, not auto'd.

IdolEyes787
11-07-2010, 01:01 PM
Actually both RevTT and BTN are faster than BMTV, usually with RevTT strangely (strangely since it's never given credit for being fast) being the faster of the the two. Both beat TL or the even slower IPT by a bit ." A bit" being relative since depending on the show when it is finally upped anywhere can ( and does) vary anywhere from a couple minutes ( in the case of something like Dexter ) to ( again strangely given it's popularity ) well over an hour for True Blood.

I don't think SCC in significantly if at all "faster" than RevTT or BTN but then again I never download TV shows from SCC .Actually I use TVT.com or TVTorrentz which are by far the "slowest" and thus the most user friendly of them all.
I can actually pick up a show the next day on TVT.com and still seed it back to 2:1 painlessly in the course of a day .Trying doing that on BMTV or for that matter anyplace else.

Btw forgive me for asking but unless you intend to simply feed on one site to "profit " on another , what difference does it really make?

anon
11-07-2010, 04:09 PM
Home connection

May want to try IPT or TvT.com, then. Both will give fast speeds (at least on a 3Mbit line) and are easy to seed back on. I don't know about their pretimes, but who cares if a release comes 5 minutes later than at tracker X?

I have heard many good things about BTN also, and it's ratio-free, so you shouldn't have issues.

hotshot6473
11-08-2010, 01:36 AM
RevTT and BitmeTV have no direct scene access so they just take releases from SCC/TL and put them on their site. SCC and TL are much faster and have direct scene axx or at least a good paysite for their autouploaders

Right now SCC and GFT are the fastest. TL is 3rd and everything else is just taking releases from these sites

Waddafocky
11-08-2010, 02:24 AM
Don't know anything about GFT, but yes, SCC is fast, but I like BTN better for TV shows - the whole site is tailored around it. Also, BTN has scene axx so it's very fast.

Firepants
11-08-2010, 03:11 AM
I only have access to PTM, IPT, and TVT, but I typically see the release on IPT before the other two.

IdolEyes787
11-08-2010, 03:19 AM
RevTT and BitmeTV have no direct scene access so they just take releases from SCC/TL and put them on their site. SCC and TL are much faster and have direct scene axx or at least a good paysite for their autouploaders

Right now SCC and GFT are the fastest. TL is 3rd and everything else is just taking releases from these sites

And yet as I stated RevTT consistently beats TL on getting TV shows up.Explain that to me :mellow:

Ops Boardwalk Empire was up on RevTT before TL .Wait Desperate Housewives too.
Btw if you don't believe me check for yourself.

hotshot6473
11-08-2010, 04:00 AM
I think you need to look again...

TL

Boardwalk Empire S01E08 720p HDTV x264-IMMERSE
2010-11-08 03:04:38
Desperate Housewives S07E07 720p HDTV X264-DIMENSION
2010-11-08 03:03:04

RevTT

Boardwalk Empire S01E08 720p HDTV x264-IMMERSE
2010-11-07 22:05:20

Desperate Housewives S07E07 720p HDTV X264-DIMENSION
2010-11-07 22:04:52

Quarterquack
11-08-2010, 04:10 AM
And yet BitMeTV is the most consistent site of the lot. Everytime there are massive scene busts or a ring gets taken down (think LOOP) BMTV is the only one capable of providing content due to in-house cappers (the same obviously applies to other places with internal cappers as opposed to relying on sceners).

@OP: Yes, there is a delay, considering SCC runs its own site as opposed to just mooching off of access, and ends up beating even (some) topsites for some releases. On the other hand, unless (as idoleyes would put it) you're a mayfly, you can wait 5 minutes for the same release to show up on BMTV. BMTV also has internal cappers with (dare I say) better quality caps on-deck for season finales etc.
If you're just scouting out preferences, though, I'd readily suggest a place like BTN (and TVT which I've been hearing great things about) because it's ratioless (rail on me all you want) and has great release times, even though they unpack every single release.

IdolEyes787
11-08-2010, 04:16 AM
I really don't know what to say to a bunch of numbers written by an anonymous person on some website ( not referring to you ,here btw but where you are getting the erroneous info from) but when I eye- balled them in real time both were up first on RevTT.
Of course for all I know you could be right because I never look at which specific group is involved ( Group :lol: Sorry no offense but I find purportedly grown men giving themselves silly names and calling themselves a group just so that can release such inherently funny. Almost as funny as referring to themselves as racers:mellow: ).

And yet BitMeTV is the most consistent site of the lot. Everytime there are massive scene busts or a ring gets taken down (think LOOP) BMTV is the only one capable of providing content due to in-house cappers (the same obviously applies to other places with internal cappers as opposed to relying on sceners).

I really need to get out of this shit.:mellow:

hotshot6473
11-08-2010, 04:22 AM
yea eyballing it doesn't work. You need to to either look at the pre time if provided or better yet just compare the added to time on the sites

fstemon
11-08-2010, 07:16 AM

Did you pull all of that out of your big hairy brown asshole?

yea eyballing it doesn't work. You need to to either look at the pre time if provided or better yet just compare the added to time on the sites

Yeah, all sites report the same pre times, and all sites sync their clocks. Or not.

Waddafocky
11-08-2010, 07:33 AM
Did you pull all of that out of your big hairy brown asshole?.

Whether true or not, loled at this. Big hairy AND brown.

But seriously, I think everyone can live down 2-30 second and even god-forbid 5 minute differences between release times. After all, you've spent at least 10 minutes of your life reading through this thread and thinking about it, a lot more time researching pre times, blah blah blah. Seriously, it's like arguing over efficient programming skills that net you less than a .01 second better run time, yet took 5 hours to code. Get over it.

IdolEyes787
11-08-2010, 01:01 PM
But if something's pretime is shorter on site A but it is ready for download sooner on site B .......................:unsure:

hotshot6473
11-08-2010, 03:18 PM
ready to download is completely subjective to each person. If you have a script setup you immediately start downloading the second the torrent is added to the site which may be different to what the actual web interface is showing

And to fstemon I have been on these sites for years now and know their patterns and what kind of access they have based on their speeds. You can literally refresh SCC until there are more than 1 seeders on a torrent and then refresh RevTT and it will be there. It is no more than a relay site, the only redeeming quality of it is that it has some rare original content(ex. old windows builds)

IdolEyes787
11-08-2010, 03:54 PM
the only redeeming quality of it is that it has some rare original content I doubt if the majority of members especially those participating in the forums or those not giving a whit about the scene or auto scripts or pretimes or fighting with adolescents with seedboxes over limited bandwidth, think that is the site's "only redeeming quality" but even if it is then I would say that for most that is still more than enough.

Of course if you want to view the world that way then I suppose Mother Teresa was only a pathetic old lady that helped a few people in India.It's not like she was the Red Cross or something.:mellow:

Di@monds
11-08-2010, 04:06 PM

And yet as I stated RevTT consistently beats TL on getting TV shows up.Explain that to me :mellow:

Ops Boardwalk Empire was up on RevTT before TL .Wait Desperate Housewives too.
Btw if you don't believe me check for yourself.

Boardwalk.Empire.S01E08.720p.HDTV.x264-IMMERSE
#3 TL (57s ap) - #4 RTT (1m 22s ap)
Boardwalk.Empire.S01E08.Hold.Me.in.Paradise.HDTV.XviD-FQM
#3 TL (46s ap) - #5 RTT (48s ap)
Desperate.Housewives.S07E07.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION
#3 TL (1m 47s ap) - #5 RTT (3m 19s ap)

Yes TL uploaded before RTT but the seeder are usually missing or start seeding after +1min

IdolEyes787
11-08-2010, 04:19 PM
It sincerely worries me that any truly cares enough about any of that to presumably have a log of it someplace .
Btw I've often wondered the point of sites posting the time after pre . I mean something's either there or it isn't.:unsure: Sort of like discussing at what time the train arrived when you're already in the car heading home.

Di@monds
11-08-2010, 04:22 PM
its called irc tracers.
i have no idea which site are faster and since we are all offtopic so why not post the result and move along.