PDA

View Full Version : Thelen (SB Provider Basher) is customseedbox.cm

seeder22
11-07-2010, 09:44 PM
Since he wont disclose it, and likes to bash good seedbox providers, everyone should know that Thelen comments should be taken with a grain of salt as he seems to bash other providers, while not mentioning that he infact also sells seedboxes.

Thelen, why are you buying boxes at other providers if you sell them yourself?

do you buy boxes and resell them for a profit or is it just to bash the providers?

this is mainly a continuation of this thread i hijacked but didnt expect it to take off:

http://filesharingtalk.com/threads/425411-short-santrex-review

Thelen
11-07-2010, 11:12 PM
I've 'disclosed' it numerous times and it is/was in my sig for the better part of the last 8 months lol... anyone with half a brain knows me and my connection with customseedbox/pulsedmedia..

I buy boxes at other providers to see what they are doing and implement the features they have that are positive. Other providers do the same as well.. why do you think the Xirvik gui looks so much like ours, with similar features? We made ours months before Xirvik did, FYI.

As for bashing, I've posted in all of 4 different providers threads, considering there are over 40 out there that doesn't look very much like I'm bashing them all does it...

seeder22
11-07-2010, 11:43 PM
nice sig:

Owner seedboxnews and dataleech, and for the retards: employee @ pulsedmedia.com

i didnt know you were with custom seedboxes from that sig..

Thelen
11-08-2010, 12:54 AM
Well since customseedbox no longer exists and is part of pulsedmedia....

Look back even 1 month and you will see customseedbox in the sig (archive.org or something perhaps?)

Waddafocky
11-08-2010, 12:59 AM
Are we even allowed to have flaming threads here that have near-to-no basis?

I can understand if you're trying to say that Thelen is connected to a company he says he's not, but he plainly states it in his sig. What more could you ask for?

Thelen
11-08-2010, 01:07 AM
Well apparently they feel that since I posted (completely accurate and revealing) threads exposing their various scams, they want some sort of revenge and to try make me look bad. Of course, why anyone would take notice when it is clear to anyone both this thread title and content that it is true and I'm not denying it, is anyones guess :S

lmn8r
11-08-2010, 03:04 AM
It's true thelen is biased and his "opinion" about other companies that he competes with should be ignored, and it's also true fsf/seednation/seedmaster are scams.

= answer. end thread

Thelen
11-08-2010, 07:16 AM
Yea I'm biased cos I actually have the technical skills to properly review a provider....

You on the other hand couldn't even figure out the bandwidth stuff in torrentflux ;)

lmn8r
11-08-2010, 09:11 AM
Yet your effort is wasted since most people don't take your "reviews" seriously. Your too cheap to spend money to put an ad up, so instead you badmouth your competitors pretending to "review" them.

If only your so called tech savvy was on par with your marketing skills, maybe you'd realize how stupid you look when you badmouth your own customers. Visit WHT some time and watch how the pros handle it.

Yes, I know your going to reply with oh yeah bitch well I make $50,000 from selling seedboxes blah blah blah, or maybe some lame insults or whatever, which is the typical immature response.

Your helpful when you expose scams, help out users with technical problems. Anything beyond that, isn't.

Thelen
11-08-2010, 09:37 AM
My effort isn't wasted, although I would agree most people don't take them seriously, but that is the nature of the internet. Steven Hawkings talks about black holes and people don't take him seriously ;)

Anyhoo, we advertise all over the place, clearly you've just not seen it. There is no point advertising on some places, like FST, because the competition has been advertising for so long most people don't even look at them. Plus, most people that visit here probably already have their own opinions formed and unlikely to buy from us. But, you seem to have years of experience running an internet business, so you must know better ;)

I'm not sure how badmouthing is 'pretending'... That would imply the only review is a good review; that is clearly false. As for badmouthing customers, perhaps you should visit real life for a change - just about every major and minor company badmouths. Having said that, I'd have thought badmouthing would be something you are used to; just look at the current US election "advertising"...

It is ironic how you think my exposing scams and helping with technical problems is "OK", yet talking about seedbox stuff isn't because I'm 'biased'. Since, I use exactly the same formula to evaluate them as 'proper' providers, yet the result just comes out as "CLEARLY SCAM ZOMG" rather than 'badmouth' type result.

But whatever, people are people, and people are generally stupid :D

lmn8r
11-08-2010, 12:26 PM
I may not know better running an internet business, but I know how industry professionals should act when representing their company online. Acting unprofessionally here tells people that's how you run your company, so your hurting yourself.

seeder22
11-08-2010, 02:46 PM
haha
I think this quote sums it up:

Your too cheap to spend money to put an ad up, so instead you badmouth your competitors pretending to "review" them.

what also funny is how much offense Thelen is taking to something that he states is ALREADY clearly known around the boards and in his sig.

Thelen- Why so angry if this thread is simply pointing out a known fact?

BTW, you sig still does not clearly states to people that you are a BIASED seedbox provider. If there are no problems with your reviews, then put that in your SIG, maybe you will get some sales (maybe NOT BC PPL SEE YOU ALWAYS BASHING PROVIDERS ).

I may not know better running an internet business, but I know how industry professionals should act when representing their company online. Acting unprofessionally here tells people that's how you run your company, so your hurting yourself.

Right ON...and Thelen knows this, which is why he has not disclosed that he is a SB provider before all this hoop lah.

Thelen
11-08-2010, 10:57 PM
I think this quote sums it up:
what also funny is how much offense Thelen is taking to something that he states is ALREADY clearly known around the boards and in his sig.
Thelen- Why so angry if this thread is simply pointing out a known fact?
BTW, you sig still does not clearly states to people that you are a BIASED seedbox provider. If there are no problems with your reviews, then put that in your SIG, maybe you will get some sales (maybe NOT BC PPL SEE YOU ALWAYS BASHING PROVIDERS ).
Right ON...and Thelen knows this, which is why he has not disclosed that he is a SB provider before all this hoop lah.

That quote might sum something up, but it would be the stupidity of the author not what it is meant to imply. We advertise plenty.

I am not taking offence to anything, perhaps you are reading your own anger/inadequacies into my posts? Either way, 99.9999999% of the people that will read this thread already have their own opinions formed about us you and life in general, and aren't likely to change. So, I'm not worried. Besides, anyone who would fall for you guys badmouthing we don't want as a customer anyway :)

Why should I say "biased" in my sig when it is purely your opinion that I am biased, the same as how some providers are "bad"... Clearly there is a double standard and you are both hypocrites if you think I have no right to post my opinions (or factually accurate assessments) :( Especially when you think I'm bashing ALL the providers, lol. You have mental/maths issues, there are 4 threads I've posted in, and there are over 40 providers. How is suddenly 10% ALL....

As for disclosing, I've had "owner of customseedbox" in my sig since a few weeks after signing up here more than a year ago, and only removed it a few weeks ago after merging with pulsedmedia.

True, you know nothing about running an internet business, and even less so a seedbox one.

There is no 'industry professional' here, it is seedbox. If you want roses and flowers, go to a flower shop. Why do you expect we-will-wipe-your-ass-for-you-too from what is essentially an illegal business in the first place? It would be like expecting drug dealers and gangsters to not swear or be rude... Seriously, take your head out of your ass :)

Whether I posted anything on here at all, people already badmouth us as much as I 'badmouth' other providers, the main problem with their badmouthing is it is usually just complete rubbish; mainly their wrong expectations (dedicated 100Mbit for $10 a month etc). Ironically of course, when I take the time to investigate a companies setup, it is regarded as "biased" even though I had no expectations.

heiska
11-09-2010, 12:57 AM
There is no 'industry professional' here, it is seedbox. If you want roses and flowers, go to a flower shop. Why do you expect we-will-wipe-your-ass-for-you-too from what is essentially an illegal business in the first place? It would be like expecting drug dealers and gangsters to not swear or be rude... Seriously, take your head out of your ass :)

lolllz. Got news for you: When people buy a service online, they can kinda expect some ass-wiping action related to the purchased service too, I'm afraid. Especially "in the seedbox business", which is full of witless morons (both as customers and providers).

Thelen
11-09-2010, 02:29 AM
They might expect that, but they have false expectations. Both from a financial sense, and a reality sense.

If it costs roughly $10 to deal with a customer ticket, and you are only making $5 a month, that means every ticket a customer makes wipes out 2 months profit, and that is just for 1!

seedboxes are in the unique position that any witless moron can rent a server, setup a site, and setup seedbox slots. If there was a larger requirement for professionalism, then maybe some of the expectations for ass-wiping would be realistic, but not until profit per slot is at least double (therefore at least 30% price increase). Anyway, you can buy sex and drugs online, as a 'service', yet people have no expectations of service like this, and they cost at least 10x as much...

PooBar
11-09-2010, 03:24 AM
Leave the guy alone,ffs
I have had a Seedbox from CSB for almost a year now and it's been nothing but great and getting better all the time.
They do a good job and i am very happy with their service.
I have tried many Seedbox providers in the last year and for me Customseedbox is my top choice.
I am planing on upgrading too a bigger box as well.

If you have not tried them stop bashing them/him

Peace :-)

Thelen
11-09-2010, 05:20 AM
Thanks, although they'll probably just say I paid you to say that :(

I'm glad you are happy, when you upgrade you'll get the benefit of our newer servers and such, it will be even better than what you have now :D

unoriginal
11-09-2010, 09:14 AM
So does this mean you are moving users off the 3TB limited servers? If so sounds like good news for them as it only takes one greedy person to ruin the server for everyone else.

BigBerego
11-09-2010, 09:29 AM
good seedbox company ;)

Thelen
11-09-2010, 11:39 AM
Well only a very few of the CSB customers are on the 3TB, all the pulsedmedia are on unmetered.

We are slowly migrating those, as we move people from CSB tiny to the starter09+. Slightly less price, same value, better speeds.

lmn8r
11-09-2010, 01:06 PM
Agreed, that's enough Thelen bashing. Regardless of his imperfections, his companys offer is respectable, and the seedbox industry could use more proactive owners such as Thelen.

solaris
11-09-2010, 06:49 PM
he doesn't have his company anymore its sold to pulsemedia so he is free to bash everyone :rolleyes:

Agreed, that's enough Thelen bashing. Regardless of his imperfections, his companys offer is respectable, and the seedbox industry could use more proactive owners such as Thelen.

Thelen
11-09-2010, 10:05 PM
True, but I'm still very much "in" pulsedmedia, so not completely outside >_>

PooBar
11-11-2010, 04:51 AM
He always seems to answer my emails whenever i need some help and send an email to him ;-)
Do you know who i am Thelen?

Thelen
11-11-2010, 10:47 AM
Nope, there are a few ppl who could be you :)

bijoy
11-13-2010, 06:59 PM
Nope, there are a few ppl who could be you :)

nice stories...
btw how old are you?? I'm in doubt.. may be 16?

Thelen
11-14-2010, 05:45 AM
Who? I'm 22 and been running seedbox for past year and half, and working in IT for 7 years before that.

bijoy
11-17-2010, 06:42 PM
Who? I'm 22 and been running seedbox for past year and half, and working in IT for 7 years before that.

oh, that sounds better and more reliable too..
But then we can expect some more mature replies from you.. Can't we?? :P

Thelen
11-18-2010, 01:37 AM
More mature? Than what?

seeder22
11-25-2010, 05:06 PM
just to update, more negative posts from Thelen, ..and the second one really does not even apply to my post as i posted about needing an SSD seedbox.

1) (does he even know what xirivk's profit margins are? also, ALL FDC boxes are unmetered, please thelen show us one FDC package that is not unmetered, http://fdcservers.com )

11-19-10 01:20 PM Seedbox Discussion - #6 Thelen
Poster

Yea I've seen those, but afaik they weren't unmetered and certainly not for only $50 or so (given Xirviks profit margin). But, maybe indeed Xirvik got a deal or something.

http://filesharingtalk.com/threads/427044-Help-Me-Find-This-Kind-Of-Seedbox.
2)

Today 10:39 AM Seedbox Discussion - #2 Thelen
Yea SSD based systems are definitely what you need if you want lots of files and ZIP/RAR/SFV type stuff. Normal servers just can't handle it. Having said that, for the price you pay you could just get a normal server with 3x as many disks, giving 5x the space, for the same price, but w/e

http://filesharingtalk.com/threads/427262-Great-new-SSD-RapidPeer-Package-so-far-so-good

Thelen
11-26-2010, 12:51 AM
Of course I know what Xirviks margins are, it isn't difficult to see what they are paying. They have a good deal with netdirekt due to having over 500 servers there, but it is still only 5% below reseller prices, though they have a special bandwidth deal. Simply multiply web price, subtract server price = margin :D

In regards to FDC and unmetered, all the servers on http://fdcservers.com/dedicated_onoff_peak2.php are metered... looks like a fail there :) And, with regards to aforementioned server, as I said it must have been a special or a special deal because there was never a server like that sold from the web nor via resellers, at such a low price.

As for the 2nd post, you misunderstood completely what I was saying....

And anyway your a cheat/scammer according to seedunlimited so that makes it even worse than me being "biased"....

seeder22
11-27-2010, 06:41 PM
THELEN, NO BASHING NO COMPLAINING NO BS...SIMPLY REPLY TO POST WITH A LINK TO WHERE YOU HAVE POSTED A POSITIVE COMMENT ON ANY SEEDBOX PROVIDER BESIDES THOSE YOU WORK WITH.

JUST A LINK...

UNTIL THEN:
Please guys allow me to update everyone on thelen's useful posts:

Read http://www.seedboxnews.com/news.php?id=9 and ask yourself the same questions.

Granted, I apparently might bash providers.
Granted, I might have a conflict of interest.
Granted, I might be annoying.

But since when was deleting threads that make you look bad, and indeed completely ignoring paying customers, a good thing?

Seriously have a lot to answer for....

Thelen
11-28-2010, 06:45 AM
What about http://www.seedboxnews.com/news.php?id=3 ?

You foo...

heiska
11-28-2010, 06:01 PM
While they might not be the cheapest, they certainly are the most value for money of any server.lu based provider.

Do you know of any cheaper server.lu provider?

PooBar
11-29-2010, 12:38 AM
Enough of bashing...

Google customseedbox and the page at the top

http://www.google.com.au/search?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&channel=s&hl=en&source=hp&q=customseedbox&btnG=Google+Search

druid
11-29-2010, 06:23 PM
Agrees with PooBar. I think most people knew of Thelens connection to customseedbox.

Seeder22 do you not realize how whiny you sound in your conspiracy topic?

PooBar
12-01-2010, 05:08 AM
Just think in 20 odd years to come there will be name that will be so well know across the internet worldwide and it will be..............................................................................Thelen