- Every semi-public tracker
- Every public tracker
- Every legitimate non-profit legal tracker
- Every tracker that's not aspiring to have scene axx
- Any tracker with the word "indie" in it
- Any tracker without the word "indie" in it
- Any tracker that has significant volume
- Etc etc etc

And most of that's not original content either - I think the word you're looking for is uncommon, or non-mainstream. Neither of those concepts are synonymous with original.

But if we're talking non-mainstream - I see what.cd and waffles on your list. It's true, they have a lot of uncommon content, but only through sheer volume. The only other music site I know through personal experience is libble, which is an amazing tracker for alternative music. Add ratio-free to that - mfw.

CleverMan
11-08-2010, 08:19 AM
cinematik, asiandvdclub, sdbits, secret-cinema, TV-Vault, theoccult, and more...

Waddafocky
11-08-2010, 09:10 AM
I should've added this to my post, but you can add pretty much any tracker that fulfills any sort of specific niche to the list.

elbuitre
11-08-2010, 09:12 AM
And most of that's not original content either - I think the word you're looking for is uncommon, or non-mainstream. Neither of those concepts are synonymous with original.

No, I mean sites with a lot people that buy stuff or cap and upload it. on the opposite side you have sites like SCC or GFT that are 100% reliant on scene stuff.

megabyteme
11-08-2010, 09:35 AM
I believe this is a worthy question, as long as people put some thought into their answers...

Asiatorrents- as the name implies, it's all Asian movies. Lots, and LOTS of 'em. Very worthwhile for unique (at least to us "westerners").

CN- it's not exactly "original", but I seem to stumble across a lot of movies (older ones, and foreign) that I would not have if it weren't for their way of displaying the newly uploaded shows.

DeadPoet
11-08-2010, 10:29 AM
No doubt it's AOM.

anon
11-08-2010, 11:55 AM
No, I mean sites with a lot people that buy stuff or cap and upload it.

TheBox has its own team of internal cappers. Looks like so does BitMeTV.

Stabber
11-08-2010, 11:58 AM
AOM and pedro's

ca_aok
11-08-2010, 01:34 PM
HDBits, whether it's caps, encodes, or web-dl releases from iTunes.

Other than that, pretty much every music tracker that doesn't revolve around scene releases.

whatcdfan
11-08-2010, 04:27 PM
why aint anyone mentioning rutracker

b3owulf
11-08-2010, 05:51 PM
Racing Underground
TheVault.bz
TheBox.bz
ThePlace.bz
LzTr
Killawaves
Shellife
What.CD
ExtremeBits
MVidz
Underground Gamer

:unsure:

karachidude
11-08-2010, 10:18 PM
sciencehd is one

hulabula
11-09-2010, 04:57 AM
I think public trackers like h33t and demonoid have the most member-capped/ripped stuff. It makes sense too- huge userbases and barely any upload criteria.

sciencehd is one

Really? Maybe I missed or something but I seemed to find any unique torrent on ScienceHD. :mellow:

gamesover
11-09-2010, 06:25 AM
IloveClassics was a cool tracker just not enough seeders and leechers for my liking.

And I believe there used to be a tracker just for talk shows, discovery channel, and lifetime.

I guess you could say AOM since 99% of us will never have access to its torrents or have access to any other comparable tracker. Even AOM-Killer had some crazy signup process where you had to prove yourself on some message board.

Universe
11-11-2010, 02:14 AM
What.CD
BitMeTV
Sport-Scene
ScienceHD

McArty
11-12-2010, 03:20 PM
What.CD
BitMeTV
Sport-Scene
ScienceHD
TheBox
Ptp

pandemonium
11-13-2010, 02:51 PM
AOM and pedro's

Yeah, I'd say that too. Every single release is prepared specially for btmusic. What/waffles are mostly "download scene music from a given day and then reupload there".

cinephilia
11-13-2010, 03:00 PM
someone please tell me what's so original about Pedro's besides the fact they provide music in flac format.

anon
11-13-2010, 04:09 PM
someone please tell me what's so original about Pedro's besides the fact they provide music in flac format.

Exclusive rips. :yup:

ca_aok
11-13-2010, 04:18 PM
It's actually a rule that you have to rip the content from your own collection, and surprisingly there aren't too many people who try to evade that. Throw that in with the fact that at least 50% of the uploads have full scans of the booklet and cover art and it's essentially all original content.

respawn40
11-14-2010, 04:25 AM
iTS.

cinephilia
11-14-2010, 09:57 AM
sorry but homerips and full scans doesn't make it more original than another music tracker, not to mention that pedro's content is getting more and more ordinary.

n00bz0r
11-14-2010, 11:11 AM
sorry but homerips and full scans doesn't make it more original than another music tracker, not to mention that pedro's content is getting more and more ordinary.

Gratz on earning yer grey stars ;)

cinephilia
11-14-2010, 11:36 AM
thanks n00bz0r. these stars mean so much to me :01:

A
11-14-2010, 12:23 PM
Then which tracker out there is "Original"?

cinephilia
11-14-2010, 12:46 PM
those that provide unique or specialized content ? :unsure:

PS: and when i say specialized, i mean purely in terms of content, not in terms of file format.

A
11-14-2010, 01:23 PM

PS: and when i say specialized, i mean purely in terms of content, not in terms of file format.
Name some of them.

IdolEyes787
11-14-2010, 01:30 PM

Gratz on earning yer grey stars ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KL76edqCKc

Condor
11-14-2010, 01:43 PM
there are very few unique content on trackers may be tti have some exclusive content and hdbits have rare content or pedros have some rare content or karagarga have a lot ofrare and unique content...
but there are alot of specialized trackers like music for what.cd and waffles, hd for hdbits,bithdtv ,for tv bitmetv and tv.ro

cinephilia
11-14-2010, 02:28 PM
Name some of them.
KG, AsianDVDClub, indietorrents, appzuniverse and so on. they all are specialized in a particular field besides the format.
what i mean is that *to me*, the format/codec does in no way make the content 'original'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KL76edqCKc
nice one, although claude rains accent is quite annoying, not to say unbearable :mellow:

ca_aok
11-14-2010, 03:10 PM

Eh, I interpretted "original" as user-ripped content that may exist in some other capacity elsewhere, but is personally ripped or encoded for the site. If you follow your logic pretty much nothing is truly unique as it's eventually spread elsewhere, and even the rarest stuff can often be found via DDL links.

A
11-14-2010, 03:31 PM
KG, AsianDVDClub, indietorrents, appzuniverse and so on. they all are specialized in a particular field besides the format.
what i mean is that *to me*, the format/codec does in no way make the content 'original'.

The thread is about "original" content.But you are talking about area of "specialization".SCC specializes in Gen/0 day but has no original content as it takes everything from scene.Pedros on the other hand specializes in music and has lots of "original" content.Thats the way I see it.

cinephilia
11-15-2010, 12:38 AM

Eh, I interpretted "original" as user-ripped content that may exist in some other capacity elsewhere, but is personally ripped or encoded for the site. If you follow your logic pretty much nothing is truly unique as it's eventually spread elsewhere, and even the rarest stuff can often be found via DDL links.
ok, let's use an analogy to help you understand my point:
what makes a film unique is not the way it is encoded, who encoded it or even the fact it has been released by scene or p2p groups - what makes it unique is, guess what... the film itself! to me, the same goes for torrentsites (not sure i made myself clear :unsure:). i mean, trackers that provide 'general' stuff (whether it's music or movies and whatever the codec/format is) doesn't fall into the 'original' category. content needs to be specific on its own to be called original.

mrnobody
11-15-2010, 03:53 AM
I'm not aware of any tracker that has film production team.

elbuitre
11-22-2010, 12:24 AM
actually KG has a section for member's creation, what and waffles feature albums created by members each month, so...

the question was geared towards knowing what are the most 'pure' p2p trackers out there... i see where there was some room for misinterpretation though.

BEAT_TA
11-22-2010, 10:14 AM
for me hands down its Karagarga, some of the best films ive watched ive got from there. also i use cinematic which is great and recently i joined cinemageddon which has some crazy stuff. if your not into mainstream films and music then those sites are a god send

swas1980
11-23-2010, 11:07 AM
A few sites like cinemageddon,KG in movies,Pedro in music,SciHD for docs,HDbits and x264 for HD/SD respectively provide the most original content in terms of their internal rips.

Moonspell13
11-25-2010, 10:56 PM
Well in that sense The Pirate Bay and Demonoid have even more original content.. For example, check the two Jason Scott's torrents at TPB, one being a 600 giga monster part backup of Geocities ;)

andrenievo
11-25-2010, 11:39 PM
Hi! Now that Limewire has been shutdown because of copyright infringement and stuff related to it that made it illegal, is BitTorrent downloads legal? ehehe

Quarterquack
11-26-2010, 12:18 AM
Hi! Now that Limewire has been shutdown because of copyright infringement and stuff related to it that made it illegal, is BitTorrent downloads legal? ehehe

A protocol or a medium of transfer can never be illegal. It can be shut down due to infringement accusations (as was the case with limewire) but it wasn't because "limeware is illegal." Bittorrent will be a little harder to take down than limewire, since not only is it practically in its prime, it is also supported by a lot of big names out there, starting with music bands and labels (Nine Inch Nails spring to mind) companies like Microsoft and movie development studios (think of movies like Bergensbanen). As long as a protocol gets enough legitimate support, it becomes impossible to shut it down, rather, more feasible to try and shut down the sources providing the questionnable content.

In that case: Read up on infringement laws in your Country, these often have loopholes making only provisions/uploading illegal, you only liable of the crime if they can prove it was you etc. Then proceed to take your pick of a private tracker to avoid being baited into the wrong kind of legal war to get into. You'll be fine.

anon
11-26-2010, 06:31 PM

I second ringhunter. It's not the network/protocol that's legal or not, but rather the way you use it. Saying BT or filesharing per se is illegal is like banning knives because they can be used to kill people.

1000possibleclaws
11-26-2010, 06:50 PM
anon i want to send u a pm, can u clear a couple spots? thnx

anon
11-26-2010, 06:54 PM
can u clear a couple spots? thnx

Argh, really hate how vB doesn't tell you that. :dabs:

You may PM me now. :)

fr0zeN
11-27-2010, 09:52 AM
HDbits.org
SCC
GFT
AOm

gamesover
11-28-2010, 01:04 AM
HDbits.org
SCC
GFT
AOm

How do SCC and GFT qualify as trackers that produce the most original content?

pakito
12-17-2010, 02:47 AM
From the top of my head:

what.cd
waffles
indietorrents
Karagarga
Cinemaggedon
x264

any others?
secretcinema