PDA

View Full Version : TorrentLeech makeover?

TONiC
11-08-2010, 03:10 PM
KK so this is purely my own thoughts...

recently lots of trackers - SeX (looked pretty pimped nayway), SCC, THS to name a few - have redesigned their interface to something more 21st century, and less default TBDev...

Now that TorrentLeech is down temporarily, it's showing typical cartoonised banner similar to the rest of the trackers, ie, use of terminal (?) font, or some sort of ansii text (to that effect)... Says staff are doing upgrades; could this be a TL redesign coming along?

whiteboy
11-08-2010, 03:19 PM
The logo is definitely different, I guess we shall see.

Cabalo
11-08-2010, 03:40 PM
I would point to a cluster reorganization, or load rebalancing on the servers.

fstemon
11-08-2010, 03:45 PM
Something will definitely change, hopefully the UI, because the old one looked horrible.

Swift
11-08-2010, 03:50 PM
If they get over the wait time i might request a invite also feel free to post some screens

pedromrm
11-08-2010, 04:12 PM
is cool

http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/5504/capturar.png

whatcdfan
11-08-2010, 04:24 PM
If they get over the wait time i might request a invite also feel free to post some screens

yeah wait time sucks thats where IPT or SCC wins the race

Di@monds
11-08-2010, 04:29 PM

how can ipt win a race when most of their scene rls come from SCC?

TONiC
11-08-2010, 04:39 PM
Wait times only exist if you have a shit ratio?

LockeJohn
11-08-2010, 04:42 PM
It's looks quite horrible :)
probably it's a matter of habit XD a few days and I'll like the logo.

Yes wait time it's depends on the ratio and in the first days that you signup

whatcdfan
11-08-2010, 04:46 PM

true, but what good are the pretimes if u have to wait 4 hours to be able to download torrents u can get it faster with other trackers who copy the content
btw i was comparing SCC and TL and not SCC and IPT,

IdolEyes787
11-08-2010, 04:49 PM
This and whether TL is green or red tomorrow is all you have to talk about?

Di@monds
11-08-2010, 04:51 PM

true, but what good are the pretimes if u have to wait 4 hours to be able to download torrents u can get it faster with other trackers who copy the content
btw i was comparing SCC and TL and not SCC and IPT,

Well true about TL, but thats the way their are making money out of new users and you should edit your post ;)

hulabula
11-08-2010, 04:59 PM
is cool

Looks pretty ugly to me, compared to:
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_dTE03s3Y4uw/S_VS1yaV9qI/AAAAAAAAAwk/sCI33k1v35k/s1600/torrentleech_thumb%5B2%5D.jpg

TONiC
11-08-2010, 05:00 PM
I'd lol if they change their URL to feedthe.tl

hulabula
11-08-2010, 05:02 PM
feedthe.tl

lol!

whatcdfan
11-08-2010, 05:09 PM
yeah the last recommendation in order to stand apart from crowed is to have their own very personal extension ".tl"

anon
11-08-2010, 05:29 PM
Wait times only exist if you have a shit ratio?

Pretty much:
Why do I get a "Access denied - Wait time in effect" error ?

From the time that each new torrent is uploaded to the tracker, there is a period of time that some users must wait before they can download it.
This delay in downloading will only affect users with a low ratio, and users with low upload amounts.
Ratio below 0.50 and/or upload below 4.0GB delay of 48h
Ratio below 0.6 and/or upload below 5GB delay of 32h
Ratio below 0.70 and/or upload below 6.0GB delay of 16h
Ratio below 0.8 and/or upload below 7GB delay of 8h

"And/or" means any or both. Your delay will be the largest one for which you meet at least one condition.

This applies to new users as well, so opening a new account will not help. Note also that this works at tracker level, you will be able to grab the .torrent file itself at any time.

The delay applies to leeching.However,if you wish to seed(aka upload)you can do so without wait time,given the fact that you have the 100% of the release!

Me, I just hope the new design (if any) doesn't suck as much as SCC's does now. :idunno:

pedromrm
11-08-2010, 05:39 PM
is cool

Looks pretty ugly to me, compared to:
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_dTE03s3Y4uw/S_VS1yaV9qI/AAAAAAAAAwk/sCI33k1v35k/s1600/torrentleech_thumb%5B2%5D.jpg

the new one is more modern

b3owulf
11-08-2010, 05:42 PM

That's WIN :D

pedromrm
11-08-2010, 05:43 PM
:naughty:

Burnsy
11-08-2010, 06:05 PM
Me, I just hope the new design (if any) doesn't suck as much as SCC's does now. :idunno:

I thought that too... but the new SCC design slowly but surely grew on me, in fact I can't really remember what the old one was like now :lol: (although in fairness I had been using the beta site for a while before they switched over completely)

TONiC
11-08-2010, 06:43 PM
bahahaha I was right!

reload TL and notice it contacts: beta.torrentleech.org

http://i52.tinypic.com/5kn1pw.png

cats out the bag, tl is going beta, get your CC's out if you wanna be first in line...

cinephilia
11-08-2010, 06:53 PM
this :mellow:

pedromrm
11-08-2010, 06:58 PM
@TL - we will give access to users progressively. We should be done 100% in about 5h.

fixed

TONiC
11-08-2010, 07:12 PM
I think it's running torrentstrike now? (probably wrong)

pedromrm
11-08-2010, 07:14 PM
still can not login

anon
11-08-2010, 07:15 PM
still can not login

@TL - we will give access to users progressively. We should be done 100% in about 5h.

:frusty:

If you're going to spam, at least post something remotely useful...

PooBar
11-08-2010, 07:26 PM
It's a whole new site afaik and its going to be kick ass.
If you have wait times and you have been a member for a while then it's your fault.
Wait times are good, they train new user's.TL and other sites with wait times are not for user's that stray from TPB or elsewhere like that matter.

EDT: Login page is up but you cant get in just yet

IdolEyes787
11-08-2010, 07:29 PM
If you have wait times and you have been a member for a while then it's your fault.
Wait times are good, they train new user's.TL and other sites with wait times are not for user's that stray from TPB or elsewhere like that matter.

Wait times train new users exactly how?

karachidude
11-08-2010, 07:42 PM
i hate filling in the "captha" everyday i log in,its annoying,i hope they remove it,and introduce a
"stay logged in feature" that works like the one on ipt,no hassle

Di@monds
11-08-2010, 07:49 PM

make em donate more.

anon
11-08-2010, 08:01 PM

To ruin the site's ratio economy by practically forcing them to cross-seed. To avoid hit & runs, of course.

Wait times were introduced back in the times where almost every tracker was open for signups, and thus you could signup, H&R an account to death, optionally delete it, and make a new one. Now that many of those sites are invite-only, I think there's little sense in having them, to be honest.

make em donate more.

How come I forgot about that...

IdolEyes787
11-08-2010, 08:03 PM
I looked up " train" in the dictionary not really and I didn't see anyplace where it said it was synonymous with "make".

Anyway wait times don't do that.
If you want to people to donate either make it virtually impossible to maintain a positive ratio on a "normal" connection without resorting to extraordinary lengths or without benefit of upload credit or else make the site really l337 and then keep threatening to close because you are always running short on funds.
In the latter case it might also be beneficial to brow-beat the general populous ( ungrateful scum that they are ) for failure to donate to a place that they basically belong to in the first place just so they can get stuff for free.

Swift
11-08-2010, 08:10 PM
i hate filling in the "captha" everyday i log in,its annoying,i hope they remove it,and introduce a
+1

cinephilia
11-08-2010, 08:13 PM
but... every browsers have a "remember me" feature :unsure:

anon
11-08-2010, 08:17 PM

In the "old" TL, you'd be logged out if your IP changed.

Eazil
11-08-2010, 09:02 PM
+1

+2

cinephilia
11-08-2010, 09:02 PM
the 'new' TL appears to be working now:

http://imgur.com/SIaID.png

anon
11-08-2010, 09:13 PM
What is your first impession about our updated site?

I voted for "sucks". :D I'll probably never get used to it, just like it happened with SCC.

The place seems to be ultra-slow for me, by the way.

karachidude
11-08-2010, 09:28 PM

yeh the login page remembers the pass and username using the feature u mention,but still the captha has to filled to,they dont let u log in without filling in the captha

Fibre
11-08-2010, 09:30 PM
It looks OK. I hope I have access to it by the morning.

cinephilia
11-08-2010, 09:34 PM

yeh the login page remembers the pass and username using the feature u mention,but still the captha has to filled to,they dont let u log in without filling in the captha
i don't know about your ip but mine never changes. this may be teh reason why i've always been able to log on automatically.

PiraSoftCORP
11-08-2010, 09:37 PM
site just launched look awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

hulabula
11-08-2010, 09:40 PM
site just launched look awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

Damn I can't see it. I made the mistake of resetting my pass when I couldn't log in on v3 beta .

MDMAX
11-08-2010, 09:41 PM
what about pussytorrents

karachidude
11-08-2010, 09:41 PM
i don't know about your ip but mine never changes. this may be teh reason why i've always been able to log on automatically.

i just noticed that my home ip is not static,i had copied my ip for an app a couple of days ago on notepad,and know when i compare it with the current one,its different..wtf i dint know..lol

anon
11-08-2010, 09:51 PM
i had copied my ip for an app a couple of days ago on notepad,and know when i compare it with the current one,its different..wtf i dint know..lol

Surprised? Most home ISPs offer dynamic IPs. :unsure:

karachidude
11-08-2010, 09:56 PM
i had copied my ip for an app a couple of days ago on notepad,and know when i compare it with the current one,its different..wtf i dint know..lol

Surprised? Most home ISPs offer dynamic IPs. :unsure:

i seriously dint know,always thought my ip was static :lol:

Pwner101
11-08-2010, 10:32 PM
They have been saying for about a year that there was going to be a major site overhaul... design wise.
(For as long as it took me to code our new design basically.)
That logo a few pages back that was on the site before does look a little gay if you ask me.
I doubt its gonna grow on me... but either case im sure the rest of the design will be nice when its up.
The sites going hell slow for me at the moment so im guessing they are still doing work on their database.

Reaper
11-08-2010, 11:06 PM
Really hope they fix the browse list icons. Old ones were the shit! Will take a bit to get use to that's for sure.
http://imgur.com/rwsIl.jpg (http://imgur.com/rwsIl.jpg)

simon22
11-08-2010, 11:17 PM
The new design looks nice. I like it, because its better than the original design. It used to give me headache because everything looked the same when you were browsing. However, the icons are not that distinguishable from one category to another. I am hoping that TL will have a complete new face with this design.

Polarbear
11-08-2010, 11:21 PM
The search function is kind of messed up. When I type "Dexter" in the search field and hit enter, I expect to see the search results sorted by date added. Latest episodes should appear first. Try that now ....

Or try "Simpsons". A lot shows up, but not the latest episodes.

When I saw the "Remember me" option I was really hoping that you stay logged in after an IP change (like on every other site I use). That was one of the biggest disadvantages of TL, the need to login everytime you visit the site. Unfortunately that still doesn't work.

pedromrm
11-08-2010, 11:59 PM
I like the torrentlech well, despite being more confused

Pwner101
11-09-2010, 12:07 AM
@polarbear...
Them logging you out when your ip changes may be a hassle... however, it is in fact a security feature.
It prevents people from stealing your cookie of your pc and logging in from a different pc with it.

pro267
11-09-2010, 12:23 AM
What Pwner101 said. Every site should do that, it's such a small hassle to login again anyway.

On a slightly related matter, I'm a bit surprised about the FTN reference in the new TL logo. I would imagine that staff of a site as large as TL would barely be aware of FTN, not to mention pay homage to it.

Polarbear
11-09-2010, 12:29 AM
@polarbear...
Them logging you out when your ip changes may be a hassle... however, it is in fact a security feature.
It prevents people from stealing your cookie of your pc and logging in from a different pc with it.

I know that, but when I'm able to disregard it on all other torrent sites I use, I can live with it on TL as well. Besides there's also cookieless authentification methods. Security is all good, but when the result is that I don't use the site it defeats its purpose. I'm one of the oldest members of TL. I've been there since mid 2005. I hardly use it anymore because of the captcha and login.

On a positive note, the site is blazing fast now. If they fix the search order by date and keep the login session after IP change I'm going to use it more often again.

ignis
11-09-2010, 01:06 AM
What Pwner101 said. Every site should do that, it's such a small hassle to login again anyway.

On a slightly related matter, I'm a bit surprised about the FTN reference in the new TL logo. I would imagine that staff of a site as large as TL would barely be aware of FTN, not to mention pay homage to it.
there's a fine line between homage and derision, and I somehow doubt we're looking at homage here.

Funkin'
11-09-2010, 01:07 AM
Wow, what a difference. It's so nice to see an overhaul like this.

Polarbear
11-09-2010, 01:25 AM
The added filter seems to work now. Cool. :)

I really am impressed by the overall speed.

The white flash when you change between pages is a little hard on the eyes though, especially in contrast to the black background. Well, maybe they'll fix this as well. They seem to be working hard right now ....

n00bz0r
11-09-2010, 02:02 AM
Pretty interesting changes so far..If only I could login and see 'em myself.
After entering the login info, I get a 'page not found' error. Anyone else having similar issues?

Edit: Cleared Cookies + Active sessions etc, and it worked!

soulreaper
11-09-2010, 03:27 AM
FTL = FeedtheLeech?

Slickerey
11-09-2010, 03:30 AM
The site's design has changed greatly. By viewing the source of their login page, I could tell that they are trying to make their code XHTML valid.

Let's see what other big changes the site has to bring. I really wish IPT would have a makeover, too. :(

Xbox_360
11-09-2010, 03:40 AM
I still like the old look but this is new and will take some time to get use to. Slickerey I do believe IPT had a small makeover about a year or more ago nothing drastic like TL just did.

Funkin'
11-09-2010, 03:47 AM
I really wish IPT would have a makeover, too. :(

The way IPT looks like is way better than what it looked in the beginning. But yeah, I hope they follow suit and make their site pretty like TL is now.

dexico90
11-09-2010, 07:18 AM
Error: Login is not enabled yet for non Staff users. Please be patient and check our twitter @torrentleech for news.

I just saw a screenshoot :(

Di@monds
11-09-2010, 07:36 AM
looks like a cheap copy from SCC

ccg
11-09-2010, 08:09 AM
I'm in but since going to bed last night and getting up this morning there seems to have been no new torrents uploaded? No sure of the need for a makeover but good luck to them but I just want my torrents to download..............

Disme
11-09-2010, 09:17 AM
I don't seem to give a crap about the way trackers look like ... it's not that I'll be staring at the 'browse' page for hours a day so the 'looks' are completely unimportant.
I'd expect people to value browsing speed, ease of use and performance ...

To each it's own I guess ....

BigBerego
11-09-2010, 09:45 AM
The best tracker forever :yup:

dragos
11-09-2010, 10:09 AM
the site is too dark, the number of seeders/leechers,size,etc is pretty hard to see in an instant like you should, the games are all jammed together with the same icon, i have to make several moves to get to the pc platform, and all the info on torrents is on tabs, really? All of a sudden something simple as reading a torrent comments became a triple step action.
I dislike all the changes except that there's a quick download button now.

myfranco
11-09-2010, 10:23 AM
if you can't login use www.torrentleech.org without browse.php

fstemon
11-09-2010, 10:35 AM
the site is too dark, the number of seeders/leechers,size,etc is pretty hard to see in an instant like you should, the games are all jammed together with the same icon, i have to make several moves to get to the pc platform, and all the info on torrents is on tabs, really? All of a sudden something simple as reading a torrent comments became a triple step action.
I dislike all the changes except that there's a quick download button now.

But tabs are cool, didn't you read the memo? :D

rounder
11-09-2010, 11:04 AM
bah.. back the old style

Stabber
11-09-2010, 11:05 AM
I really like the new design , i don't think that is too dark it just takes some time to get used to it

ccg
11-09-2010, 12:23 PM
Hate the new design. Progress, my ar.se.................

Cabalo
11-09-2010, 12:28 PM
Still down for me. I'm curious, honestly, after so many years looking at the same old layout, changes come hard.

spidro
11-09-2010, 12:41 PM
I like the new design but i think it will take some time to get used to it

cinephilia
11-09-2010, 12:52 PM
this

Really hope they fix the browse list icons. Old ones were the shit! Will take a bit to get use to that's for sure.

and this

i have to make several moves to get to the pc platform, and all the info on torrents is on tabs, really? All of a sudden something simple as reading a torrent comments became a triple step action.

IdolEyes787
11-09-2010, 12:59 PM
This thread is like Seinfeld ,essentially about nothing .

Looking forward to the "next big change " in bt so that historically involvement challenged people will again feel the need to post eight pages of utter drivel.

And I also need to hear further from polarbear about his problems with the search .If you don't have the time to post further here then please give me the address of your Twitter account so that I can get regular updates on the situation.

megabyteme
11-09-2010, 01:33 PM
I just checked polarbear's twitter page. It seems he's managed to find the surch (that's his spelling, not mine :no:), but is "unshure what he should type".

Perhaps others can help keep this thread up-to-date as developments emerge...

lol87
11-09-2010, 02:07 PM
The site is working now. I can log in, but I honestly need time to get used to this new layout.

cepal
11-09-2010, 02:44 PM
SUCK give back the old TL....and i want see 10 torrent per page!!!!!!!!!!

lol87
11-09-2010, 03:42 PM
I think that invites are being temporally suspended. I have couple of invites, but I can not invite anyone.

nemesis01
11-09-2010, 03:47 PM
I don't like the icons, but I don't go to TL everyday to look at how pretty is anyway. All websites look crap in one way or another, aslong as the content stays the same couldn't give a monkeys.

lol87
11-09-2010, 03:53 PM
I wonder if their sister site "pussytorrents" go to the same changes as TL.

dom6
11-09-2010, 03:55 PM
how can you login? i tried and its says "an error occored".
god! i had 1.36 ratio and in there for more than 5 years,i hope my account wasnt deleted or anything.
i heard it was a system breach in there, and thats why they are upgrading...can anyone tell me if he see's the user "dom6"?
id really a preaciate it :)

cinephilia
11-09-2010, 04:00 PM
don't worry, your account is still there.

http://imgur.com/E04GK.png

hEll
11-09-2010, 04:01 PM
how can you login? i tried and its says "an error occored".
god! i had 1.36 ratio and in there for more than 5 years,i hope my account wasnt deleted or anything.
i heard it was a system breach in there, and thats why they are upgrading...can anyone tell me if he see's the user "dom6"?
id really a preaciate it :)

Same problem

Supervisor
11-09-2010, 04:57 PM
Remove "index.php" from the link after you have logged in and you get that error, it should work.

bijoy
11-09-2010, 05:18 PM
as I can see from the screenshot, site is pretty good, I'm not a member, so can only see the login page atm..

KRink
11-09-2010, 06:28 PM
I like the new design, cosmetically it looks better, but the icons look stupid (hard to distinguish content), and also the categorizing and sub-categorizing of content in the search interface has changed for the worse imo, and is it just me, or are there a lot less torrents on the site now? there used to be thousands of pages of torrents now there's like 300 something.

tippertime
11-09-2010, 06:36 PM
what happened to all the dodgy porn site ads?!...this just won't do!

SkyW
11-09-2010, 06:50 PM
How does one recover password on the new login??

KRink
11-09-2010, 06:52 PM
what happened to all the dodgy porn site ads?!...this just won't do!

Lol, you do know that TL used contextual advertising: you basically just announced to the world that you're an active 'dodgy porn site' patron!

:D:lol:

anon
11-09-2010, 06:55 PM
Lol, you do know that TL used contextual advertising: you basically just announced to the world that you're an active 'dodgy porn site' patron!

Make that two. I remember seeing the "Facebook of sex" flashy banners all the time on the old site. Even before logging in. :mellow:

zak2210
11-09-2010, 06:56 PM
I can't seem to log in, is anyone else having problems?

anon
11-09-2010, 06:59 PM
is anyone else having problems?

Well, if you read this thread and the "trackers down and up" one...

zak2210
11-09-2010, 07:37 PM
So is it down or not?

Edit: DW, they've disabled access to normal users

PooBar
11-09-2010, 07:48 PM
its hard to tell if there are any "New" torrents and it's going to take a while to get used to all the cat icons ,and the ratio number are just 3 digits until your over 10 then its 4 of course
mine is 4 of course :-p

cristina1
11-09-2010, 09:50 PM
I can't seem to log in, is anyone else having problems?
I had to change my pass. it worked with the new pass.

ravennevar
11-09-2010, 10:43 PM
I personally would prefer the option of going back to the old style. I believe it was more user-friendly. The current icons are not good at all as you can no longer distinguish between subcategories, which makes browsing a horrible experience. What if you are only looking for xvid movies or pc games? They are distinguishable as a subcategory with the current icons. Also, the search option still does not work as it should, as the torrents are not listed from newest to oldest as before, but in a random fashion. I know this is a bug which will be taken care of.

anon
11-09-2010, 10:49 PM
Please, please, let us have the option to at least revert to using the old icons.

You talk as if we could do something from here on FST, which we can't. You should post in TL's forums if you want your feedback to be at least acknowledged by a staff member there.

ravennevar
11-09-2010, 10:53 PM
Please, please, let us have the option to at least revert to using the old icons.

You talk as if we could do something from here on FST, which we can't. You should post in TL's forums if you want your feedback to be at least acknowledged by a staff member there.

My post was meant as a comment on the makeover. I will post in their forums as soon as they are accessible. I edited the last sentence out so as not to give the wrong impression.

kostnkost
11-09-2010, 11:08 PM
I have to admit that browsing the site is horrendous now. To me browsing is like looking at a jumbled mess.

I'm just saying....

arkiebrian
11-09-2010, 11:55 PM
I like it...you people are just resistant to change

Ashhal
11-10-2010, 01:32 AM
Lets hope the make over is good. The logo seemed good :p

dodgy368
11-10-2010, 02:15 AM
TL trackers are down.:(

As for the upgrade, yeah, there's stuff I don't like, but I'm prepared to "suck it and see" cos the old site had some flaws, give them some time.
Don't like it or can't wait? Bugger off to a site that will pander to your spoilt brat ways!:P

Zaxx
11-10-2010, 03:23 AM

Must agree there...all the rls icons are nearly identical (xvid vs R5 vs dvdr vs hd and so on) makes it a lot harder to home in on what your looking for. Also annoying is that the 'catagory' and 'filer' drop downs open by default with no way to alter the settings via the profile. But hey, it is in beta and that's par for the course. I'm sure they are getting or will be getting plenty of input once the forums open. That being said, the change is a bit refreshing vs the same setup they've been using ever since Jan '05 when I joined...lol. I say give 'em week or three to get suggestions in, make the changes, and squash any bugs crawling around...then things should lok a lot better. (I hope...:s)

Funkin'
11-10-2010, 03:24 AM
I simply don't see how people can think that the icons are hard to distinguish what category they are from. You have a television set for the TV cat, a game controller for the Gaming cat, books for the Book cat, a computer for the Applications cat, and so on. Is it really that hard for some to tell what those icons are? Those are some of the most simple, but best looking icons I've seen used on a tracker.

Zaxx
11-10-2010, 03:30 AM
My problem with it is all movie formats using the same icon...yeah, I could filter with the drop down, but it was much quicker/easier to be able to tell at a glance imo...

@Funkin...what gives?? Where's that cool avatar I know so well?? :P

diew
11-10-2010, 04:09 AM
I liked their previous UI. But looks like their tracker code is changed. So that is good that it will eradicate many bad users.

lol87
11-10-2010, 04:14 AM
Well, I like these new features on TL. If you check the torrent details of "Call of Duty" on TL, then you can view gallaries of the game. It's really a nice feature. I agree that icons should be better designed.

bijoy
11-10-2010, 05:34 AM
Well, I like these new features on TL. If you check the torrent details of "Call of Duty" on TL, then you can view gallaries of the game. It's really a nice feature. I agree that icons should be better designed.

so, are they following SCC in their design??

qman1973
11-10-2010, 05:59 AM
I am still logged in but cant connect through utorrent , would this be related to the makeover coz my utorrent is working otherwise ?

ccg
11-10-2010, 06:30 AM
Hopefully it will get better but on first looks I hate it. However worse than the look is the tracker ain't working at the moment. Progress can be a painful thing :yup::whistling

Funkin'
11-10-2010, 07:20 AM
My problem with it is all movie formats using the same icon...yeah, I could filter with the drop down, but it was much quicker/easier to be able to tell at a glance imo...

@Funkin...what gives?? Where's that cool avatar I know so well?? :P

Yeah, I guess that could become a little pain. I know people have probably become accustomed to other sites icons and how they have something different for DVD-R, Xvid, etc(I forget if they old TL style had different icons for these sub-cats). Who knows, maybe TL will create different icons for each movie sub-cat in the future.

About the avatar, I turned off viewing avatars a few months ago, and I guess when I did that somehow my avatar disappeared. And I just never got around to re-uploading it. But I just did, just for you. :P

Chief_Garbonzo
11-10-2010, 07:31 AM
I don't like how you have to click something to have it display the torrent comments.. I'm big on comments. Otherwise, still too early for me to say if I'm down with the makeover. Change is good, but sometimes it can be overwhelming, or too far from home. Only time will tell.. only time will tell. :D

The_Wire
11-10-2010, 09:31 AM
Has anyone else noticed a change in the Avatar size?
I had an avatar with the appropriate 150 width before and about 200-250 height, and the avatar was showing just fine,
now i check my prof page and the avatar has been cut to a square 150x150. Anyone else having this? I hope this is a temporary thing.

As for the GUI i can't say i love it but i can't say i hate it either, i'm willing to give it a little time to get used to it.
I surely liked the seed thing with the plants and all, and also the dark style like before. What i found awful is the fact that they don't separate the SD tv series from the HD ones! they are all in one category, either tv episodes (SD and HD) or tv packs (SD and HD). From my point of view there should have been different categories and icons to differentiate SD from HD in the tv section.

ccg
11-10-2010, 12:36 PM
Anyone managed to get comments working in a torrent? I have tried chrome, firefox and explorer and when I click on comments all I get is a 'processing' message?

Cabalo
11-10-2010, 01:17 PM
I don't like how you have to click something to have it display the torrent comments.. I'm big on comments. Otherwise, still too early for me to say if I'm down with the makeover. Change is good, but sometimes it can be overwhelming, or too far from home. Only time will tell.. only time will tell. :D
That was very clever of them. If you think in a huge tracker's perspective, it means they will reduce a lot of load on the database by not having to display the comments once everyone checks a torrent. They save CPU cycles and bandwidth.
Unfortunately, some of us like to read the comments, but I still think it's a small price to pay.

IdolEyes787
11-10-2010, 01:33 PM
With the new icons I find it incredibly hard to just browse .Like staring at a wall of words with very little differentiation between anything . Or maybe I just need glasses . :mellow:

Also just my personal feeling and probably doesn't really factor in for most people but it's now totally devoid of any personality or " warmth".

anon
11-10-2010, 01:35 PM
Don't like it or can't wait? Bugger off to a site that will pander to your spoilt brat ways!:P

* anon goes to Filelist.ro. :D

A
11-10-2010, 01:47 PM
With the new icons I find it incredibly hard to just browse .Like staring at a wall of words with very little differentiation between anything . Or maybe I just need glasses . :mellow:

Also just my personal feeling and probably doesn't really factor in for most people but it's now totally devoid of any personality or " warmth".

Looking forward to the "next big change " in bt so that historically involvement challenged people will again feel the need to post eight pages of utter drivel.

And I also need to hear further from polarbear about his problems with the search .If you don't have the time to post further here then please give me the address of your Twitter account so that I can get regular updates on the situation.
Between I just subscribed to Idol's twitter as it has better tweets :shifty:

100%
11-10-2010, 02:44 PM
Does anyone know how i can send an invitation in the new TL?
I can't find the send invite option anywhere...
Thanks in advance

yevgeny
11-10-2010, 03:09 PM
well i for one like it the banner at the top could be better the rest is really good, can\'t believe they\'re losing the ads. @100% its in the user details page

Xbox_360
11-10-2010, 03:14 PM
I can't find the send invite option anywhere...
Thanks in advance

For 1-2 days we will be tuning the performance of the site. During this time, we will have some features disabled until we are ready: Signups, Invitations, Forums and Wiki

That is from the home page of TL

anon
11-10-2010, 03:33 PM

Last thing I heard was that inviting and registering (among other features) was still missing from the new site until further notice. I don't have any invites, so I can't check if it's different now.

can\'t believe they\'re losing the ads.

The transition isn't over yet, who says they won't come back? ;)

IdolEyes787
11-10-2010, 04:12 PM

Between I just subscribed to Idol's twitter as it has better tweets :shifty:

:idunno:

100%
11-10-2010, 05:42 PM
For 1-2 days we will be tuning the performance of the site. During this time, we will have some features disabled until we are ready: Signups, Invitations, Forums and Wiki

That is from the home page of TL

Ok thanks, thought i was blind.

Burnsy
11-10-2010, 06:05 PM
Also just my personal feeling ..... but it's now totally devoid of any personality or " warmth".

I don't think I've ever read any of your comments that sounded more gheyer than that ghey one right there... you're just a big ghey homme-bot with the gheyness just screaming out of you :D :lol:

ccg
11-10-2010, 06:21 PM
Anyone managed to get comments working in a torrent? I have tried chrome, firefox and explorer and when I click on comments all I get is a 'processing' message?

Hi, my post was last of a page and may have been missed but anyone got comments working??

anon
11-10-2010, 06:25 PM
Hi, my post was last of a page and may have been missed but anyone got comments working??

They're working here. Windows XP, Opera 10.63.

ccg
11-10-2010, 06:29 PM

Windows 7 and tried, Chrome, Explorer and Firefox to no avail. Will try opera now.

Tried opera not working either. Aghhhhhhhhhhh :cry::cry:

IdolEyes787
11-10-2010, 06:51 PM
Also just my personal feeling ..... but it's now totally devoid of any personality or " warmth".

I don't think I've ever read any of your comments that sounded more gheyer than that ghey one right there... you're just a big ghey homme-bot with the gheyness just screaming out of you :D :lol:

Hey I'm not the one pissing myself because a flipping tracker upgraded .:idunno:

Btw I resent the ghey comment .If you are interested in getting together with me , catching a Broadway show and discussing your feelings over mimosas then let me know.
Not Monday though I'm getting a facial.

Pwner101
11-10-2010, 11:20 PM
Last thing I heard was that inviting and registering (among other features) was still missing from the new site until further notice. I don't have any invites, so I can't check if it's different now.

can\'t believe they\'re losing the ads.

The transition isn't over yet, who says they won't come back? ;)

They removed them from what I am seeing. I had 3 last time I checked...
Looking in my profile:
Invitations Left 0 invitations left

Also not displaying the comments automatically like they always have wouldnt technically save them any queries.
They could be doing it for saving server load since technically it does use extra resources but you could load a single query into multiple tables at the same time.

TONiC
11-11-2010, 12:18 AM
I'm giving TL two weeks to sort everything out. I mean everything. They either get all the bugs fixed - how do you launch beta with a search funtion so shit... it doesnt even order it by date for fuck sake - or I'll go else where. I hear IPT is nice this time of year.

Tokeman
11-11-2010, 12:22 AM
I think it looks fine. As for the search, their searching has always sucked. Half the time you searched, it would return all torrents as the result. I'd have to search like 5 times before it would actually filter by the term...

Enlightened
11-11-2010, 12:36 AM

Window XP w/IE - Page NOT found.

TONiC
11-11-2010, 12:37 AM
I think it looks fine. As for the search, their searching has always sucked. Half the time you searched, it would return all torrents as the result. I'd have to search like 5 times before it would actually filter by the term...

I've never encountered any problems with search in the 3+ years I've been there.

Tokeman
11-11-2010, 01:26 AM

Window XP w/IE - Page NOT found.

Comments working fine here, Win7 X64, IE8
Wierd TONiC, I've always had that issue, but a few times hitting search always did the trick...
Side note, site will not keep me logged in anymore. I'll try clearing cookies later.

PooBar
11-11-2010, 04:52 AM
who's gay?

and the site works fine for me

cinephilia
11-11-2010, 10:20 AM

I've never encountered any problems with search in the 3+ years I've been there.
i've always had the same issue as Tokeman...

anon
11-11-2010, 02:23 PM
I hear IPT is nice this time of year.

IPT is a very good tracker, but it lacks retention. You'll see torrents with 2500 or even 3000+ seeders when they're popular, but look for stuff from 2-3 years back and you'll be lucky to find 1-2 people seeding it, whereas TL has almost 6-year old torrents which are still very well-seeded.

their searching has always sucked. Half the time you searched, it would return all torrents as the result. I'd have to search like 5 times before it would actually filter by the term...

Same as TONiC here, I've never had that issue. Sounds pretty weird. :blink:

IdolEyes787
11-11-2010, 02:40 PM
who's gay?

Besides you I really don't know.

cinephilia
11-11-2010, 02:42 PM
who's gay?

sure you know.

IdolEyes787
11-11-2010, 02:45 PM
sure you know.

Yeah true I did see your picture.

cinephilia
11-11-2010, 02:55 PM
sure you know.

Yeah true I did see your picture.
wrong. what you saw is called a mirror. only god knows who was inside :mellow:

hotshot6473
11-11-2010, 03:11 PM
Is their irc working?

jkl49
11-11-2010, 06:00 PM
I don't use the site that much, but I wasn't a big fan of the new layout when I first saw it. It also seems like the search results now come up in a random order instead of being listed by date. And when looking at a torrentpack, it's a bit more time consuming to check out the description and contents.

tippertime
11-12-2010, 02:25 PM

yeah...they need some different color variations of the icons...like a blue controller for PS3, green for 360, white for Wii and red for PC and so on....

I am sure someone is working on a grease-monkey script as we speak though....

Arguti
11-12-2010, 04:21 PM
I don't know about you guys but my snatch list is completely crazy.
Torrents that i'm actualy seeding don't appear in the list and others ones that i had stoped seeding are there.
Ratio is not updating properly too.
Despite this I'm enjoying the new look.

anon
11-12-2010, 05:16 PM
I don't know about you guys but my snatch list is completely crazy.
Torrents that i'm actualy seeding don't appear in the list and others ones that i had stoped seeding are there.
Ratio is not updating properly too.

The new snatchlist is known to be buggy right now.

Enlightened
11-13-2010, 06:29 AM
Not bad, nothing special about the layout.

pandemonium
11-13-2010, 06:57 AM
Many things dont work for me, i.e. a while ago i wanted tochange my avatar but couldnt. There are also issues with their forum.

xantra
11-13-2010, 09:04 AM
Give me the old site back, new site looks nice, but is a pain in the ass to navigate...

bijoy
11-13-2010, 10:56 AM
Give me the old site back, new site looks nice, but is a pain in the ass to navigate...

Generally every old thing ha gone for good, but, in case of design, ,it never gets old due t alfunction as it can't happen to it. But what happened in case of tl, they moved to tbdev 09 code which is moresecure than the old torrentbits(tb) source code. At last changes meant to happen for good, and what are you feeling now is the old love for the old layout, but ask me, it was awfully bad.

whatcdfan
11-13-2010, 02:08 PM
That was very clever of them. If you think in a huge tracker's perspective, it means they will reduce a lot of load on the database by not having to display the comments once everyone checks a torrent. They save CPU cycles and bandwidth.
Unfortunately, some of us like to read the comments, but I still think it's a small price to pay.

i think comments are very useful indeed i in my entire bt life havent downloaded a torrent without reading all the comments perhaps i have this habit from the public trackers where i had to see the comments to ascertain the torrent quality but in my opinion bad trick to remove showing off comments by default

pandemonium
11-13-2010, 03:54 PM

The looks are fine, just make it work! The HELP button doesnt work at all.. well, obviously, with all these bugs...

anon
11-13-2010, 04:03 PM
Give me the old site back

Sadly, that won't happen regardless of how much you ask for it. Your only options are either getting used to their new design or stop using the tracker.

But what happened in case of tl, they moved to tbdev 09 code which is moresecure than the old torrentbits(tb) source code.

I thought they had coded their frontend from scratch or something. :unsure:

bijoy
11-13-2010, 06:42 PM
But what happened in case of tl, they moved to tbdev 09 code which is moresecure than the old torrentbits(tb) source code.

But after I saw the screenshots of saveral pages of tl in different places, I'm bound to say that the frontend is a modded tbdev09 code.. and sites always say some bigger things like they coded that from scratch or something like that. ;)

Arguti
11-13-2010, 08:22 PM
The problem with the snatching list is fixed.
But where are the old torrents? All deleted?
I want the old tracker back :(

anon
11-13-2010, 08:29 PM

They should still be there... their search isn't sorting torrents by uploading date right now, if that's what you're wondering.

lol87
11-13-2010, 09:31 PM
The site is half done. The search thing doesn't work properly, the HELP category doesn't work at all, the icons should be more specific, etc...

xantra
11-13-2010, 11:01 PM
should be called betaleech.... as it functions about as good as one.

djsaqis
11-13-2010, 11:29 PM
I want the old tracker back :(

some of us, do...

Arguti
11-13-2010, 11:54 PM

They should still be there... their search isn't sorting torrents by uploading date right now, if that's what you're wondering.

When i hit the browse button I can only see 333 pages and i thought they're gone. But then i used the search button and the torrents are there.
My mistake. It was a relief :D

scrappen
11-14-2010, 09:10 AM
Heh, there seems to be some confusion regarding the number of pages on the browse page. It has not decreased with the new frontend. Just like SCC did with their new frontend, TL have just changed the way pages are represented. On the old site the pages was represented in torrent intervals. The first page could be for example "1-100", the second "101-200" etc and the last pages was some "30001-30100" (or however many torrents they had). On the new site it is simply a page number. 333 pages is not less than it was before. Multiply the number with 100 and you get 33300 torrents which is probably about the same as they had before.

mido
11-15-2010, 11:27 AM
TL was my favorite tracker, i used to log in several times a day

very fast and easy to navigate

the new design looks nice, but on the expense of functionality

many clicks to get info i used to see, just in single page (paaaaainful)

much slower

Tl was the best, i think there was no way to improve it anyfurther

i know asking for the older version is obsolete, but ....

i hope i am the only one, who does not like the new design :)

anon
11-15-2010, 01:33 PM
i hope i am the only one, who does not like the new design :)

You're not the only one, though after editing my User-Agent for TL so that it looks like I'm on Firefox (and therefore have the rounded edges render correctly in Opera), I kind of like the new design now.

Pwner101
11-15-2010, 01:48 PM

But after I saw the screenshots of saveral pages of tl in different places, I'm bound to say that the frontend is a modded tbdev09 code.. and sites always say some bigger things like they coded that from scratch or something like that. ;)

Your correct it is 09.
I knew this from day 1 but wasn't gonna let the cat out of the bag so to speak ;)
It is modified alot though.
They were probably trying to say it was their own source due to the fact TBDEV now makes you load images on the index page saying its copyrighted blah blah blah which look pretty damn ugly.
By saying it was coded from scratch they are trying to avoid showing these gay logos would be my guess.

wasaby
11-15-2010, 08:02 PM
it looks good, everythings gonna be ok. I m sure.

safara
11-15-2010, 08:40 PM
It looks awesome its nice the made some changes :)

Stabber
11-15-2010, 08:47 PM
Yes finally a fresh new look , although the old one was more functional in my opinion

karachidude
11-15-2010, 09:49 PM
the designed looks slick and cool,but i liked the old navigation system better,dint had to click a whole new button to see the comments :lol:

bumrocks
11-16-2010, 02:57 AM
I am not too keen on the change...For me it appears that the old one was easier to navigate. Have found myself using IPT all the more anyways. Is it just me or is the retention longer at IPT?

Deeper_Meaning
11-16-2010, 03:48 AM
Well I'd just say the new layout is okay and bit stylish but (right now, for me) less functional
Lately, I have been using IPT more and more

PiraSoftCORP
11-16-2010, 06:53 AM
using IPT more and more here also.

Funkin'
11-16-2010, 08:53 AM
I am not too keen on the change...For me it appears that the old one was easier to navigate. Have found myself using IPT all the more anyways. Is it just me or is the retention longer at IPT?

In my experience it has just depended. I've found things to be well seeded at TL but not IPT, and vice versa. I think for the most part though TL may have the overall better retention.

Sissoko
11-16-2010, 07:34 PM
I'm having trouble with the torrentleech forums. I've tried logging in with my normal TL name and pass and it won't work, I tried to sign up to them and it doesn't work, I tried to request a new password, it says an email will be sent, but it never is. Anyone else finding this?

Cheers

cinephilia
11-16-2010, 07:54 PM
I'm having trouble with the torrentleech forums. I've tried logging in with my normal TL name and pass and it won't work, I tried to sign up to them and it doesn't work, I tried to request a new password, it says an email will be sent, but it never is. Anyone else finding this?

Cheers
i got the same problem. all you have to do is to delete the cookies and restart your browser.

Pwner101
11-16-2010, 10:31 PM
Yeah I cleared my cookie earlier and the forums worked fine as well.
There was a note on the home page about having to do this as well for the forums to work.

I think the new design is starting to have a better feel with the new icons and the somewhat improved search over what it was doing the other day.
The icons are still a little confusing would be better if they labeled them with XVID etc... under the images I think.
Or at the very least added mouseover boxes saying the category names.

(Some icons have wording but alot don't.)

Sissoko
11-16-2010, 10:37 PM
Ah cheers :D Worked a treat.

karachidude
11-17-2010, 04:31 AM
The icons are still a little confusing would be better if they labeled them with XVID etc... under the images I think.

+1

Cabalo
11-17-2010, 04:59 AM
Yeah I cleared my cookie earlier and the forums worked fine as well.
There was a note on the home page about having to do this as well for the forums to work.

I think the new design is starting to have a better feel with the new icons and the somewhat improved search over what it was doing the other day.

You got that right.
I used to think they were a bit too... monochromatic, but I suppose it's just a matter of getting used. Too many years looking at the same icons cause habituation, just like it happened to the SCT's ones.

In a month or two this won't be an issue, for sure.

Xbox_360
11-17-2010, 07:23 AM
It's not that bad now, I will say they should add an icon for HD TV shows. I also think they should add 2 sub category's for HD and SD TV shows.

cinephilia
11-17-2010, 02:22 PM
i just don't get the bluray logo for bdrips :mellow:

Zaxx
11-19-2010, 08:18 AM
Well the format icons are getting better...now if the category and filter menus were not expanded by default I'd be good to go. I like being able to glance at the latest torrents without having to scroll down...but then I'm lazy like that. :mellow:

Pwner101
11-19-2010, 04:29 PM
Which browser you using?
I use FF and the filters and such are not auto expanded by default.

anon
11-19-2010, 04:43 PM
Same with Opera.

The filter thingy is controlled by a profile setting, as far as I know.

cinephilia
11-19-2010, 08:33 PM
Edit Profile > Filter Tab always visible

mievmo
11-19-2010, 09:54 PM
They did an amazing job!
It looks stunning, crazy changing.

cinephilia
11-30-2010, 05:03 PM
the invitation and registration systems are now available to be used.

anon
11-30-2010, 05:20 PM
the invitation and registration systems are now available to be used.

Thanks for the info! :)

Here's the official announcement, for those who are interested:

Invitations and Registrations Online
Written by quark
Tuesday 30th of November 2010 03:41:13 PM

The invitation and registration systems are now available to be used. You can send (if you have available) invitations from the invitations tab in your profile. In case your friend does not receive your invitation, you have the option to delete it (and get it back) and resent it.

From the same tab, you can keep track of your invitees too.

All invitations that were sent before the site change, should be available to use for 1 week starting today.

Please don't bug us with messages like "i really had an invitation, and now i don't", since we cannot verify it and of course we are not going to give you one.

We also made several stylesheet optimizations, so you might want to clear your browser cache to get them

Their stylesheet optimizations still don't round bar edges in Opera, but you can spoof your User-Agent to Firefox's to solve that.

bijoy
12-01-2010, 05:44 AM
now what next? may be mass invite signup?

smelling that now..

anon
12-01-2010, 11:40 AM

smelling that now..

Just wondering, what makes you think they want an influx of new users just because they implemented something that was missing from the previous codebase? :unsure:

bijoy
12-01-2010, 06:24 PM

smelling that now..

Just wondering, what makes you think they want an influx of new users just because they implemented something that was missing from the previous codebase? :unsure:

since all the trackers with large userbase wants to keep their profile low as they don't want to accract dmca or something to their site. tl already have over1,50000 users (I think) and their invite system was disabled for past 1 month or so. This increases the demand of their invite = more & more people visiting the site daily = less alexa ranking = dmca problem..

That was my line of thinking..
Doon't know whether they think in the same way or not.

Funkin'
12-02-2010, 03:48 PM
In case your friend does not receive your invitation, you have the option to delete it (and get it back) and resent it.

That's a nice feature. And it's also nice that you can now actually see your past invitees and know what they've been up to.