PDA

View Full Version : BitMeTV Auto Download Script

executioner
11-08-2010, 08:39 PM
Does anyone know of a decent IRSSI IRC Auto Download Script for BitMeTV

I have tried the one found in the BitMeTV forums but it only downloads empty .torrent files, other members have complained of this but the script creator there seems to have vanised.

ca_aok
11-08-2010, 08:50 PM
pyWhatAUTO has support built in for BMTV, I've found it a bit spotty at times but you might have better luck than I.

http://whatscripts.com/

It's not an irssi script, it's a standalone python executable, but if you can figure out irssi you should be able to set it up ok.

executioner
11-08-2010, 08:53 PM
pyWhatAUTO has support built in for BMTV, I've found it a bit spotty at times but you might have better luck than I.

http://whatscripts.com/

It's not an irssi script, it's a standalone python executable, but if you can figure out irssi you should be able to set it up ok.

Thanks for that. I just took a quick look and wow, it's gonna take some reading.

Which is the best way to get the UID and PASS from the firefox cookies file?

Pwner101
11-08-2010, 10:34 PM
Cookies normally does it.

You can find the uid if you go to your own userdetails page as well.

anon
11-08-2010, 10:40 PM

Typing this in the address bar and pressing Enter should show you all cookies set by the current domain, as well as their values:

javascript:alert(document.cookie.replace(/; /g,'\n'));

executioner
11-08-2010, 11:05 PM

Typing this in the address bar and pressing Enter should show you all cookies set by the current domain, as well as their values:

javascript:alert(document.cookie.replace(/; /g,'\n'));

Awsome mate, thanks.

pro267
11-09-2010, 12:16 AM
What's the difference between this and using an RSS feed (assuming the site has one)?

heiska
11-09-2010, 12:27 AM
What's the difference between this and using an RSS feed (assuming the site has one)?

Speed.

lysine
11-09-2010, 02:05 AM
RSS feed can take 5-15 minutes (normally), IRC scripts download as soon as the torrent is announced to the site (and irc).

pro267
11-09-2010, 02:34 AM
It'll never cease to amaze me that some people actually care whether their torrents download a few minutes before or after a certain time..

ca_aok
11-09-2010, 02:40 AM
Well the script I posted is also cross site, can be controlled from IRC, can send you emails or ping you in IRC when a download is triggered, and now combines itself with a greasemonkey script and webserver to allow you to one-click add torrents to your client from supported sites.

But yes, primarily it's (ab)used by seedboxers.

gamesover
11-09-2010, 06:48 AM
It'll never cease to amaze me that some people actually care whether their torrents download a few minutes before or after a certain time..

Yeah they care because they care about their ratio. Depends on the tracker but if you don't get on some torrents right away you are not going to seed back at all, not even close. So you end up taking a hit to your ratio, at some trackers a ratio is precious. I mean if you can't download anything because you will be banned eventually for having a bad ratio, then whats the point of downloading anything from there at all. Don't tell me you can survive just by seeding torrents for a long time, I really doubt that works at places like SCC and TorrentVault. That's why TL, IPtorrents, or any of the ratio-less trackers are great for most people.

executioner
11-09-2010, 01:49 PM
Ok, so i had a chance to look at this today and need a little help on one thing.

the credentials.conf looks like this

;WHATauto credentials.conf

;username= your site username
;password= your site password
;botNick= the nick you want your bot to use
;ircKey= your gazelle-based key login
;nickServPass= your nickServPass password
;cmd= using the "cmd" option during startup you can send a raw command to the server, in most case the toggle for a vhost
;watch= place where manual downloads go

;
;The following networks are currently supported by pyWHATauto
;
[bitmetv]
;nickowner=
nickowner=
username=
password=
botNick=
ircKey=
nickServPass=
chanfilter=#whatbot
cmd=
;watch=

what i need to no is, why their is two "nickowner=" in the BitMeTV section (is it just a mistake because there is the ; in the first one) and what do i put in there.
and what are the chanfilter= and cmd= for?

ca_aok
11-09-2010, 02:00 PM
nickowner is your vhost in IRC. It dictates who can control the bot (presumably just you) based on your hopefully unique vhost. chanfilter is a list of the channels from which you can issue bot commands, which can also be sent via PM. For example, my nickowner at BMTV is "[email protected]" without quotes, and my chanfilter is blank (but I can still control the bot via PM).

cmd is to issue a join command, in a RAW irc format. Generally it shouldn't be needed.

Once your bot is running, you can send it the message %help for a list of commands you can use.

IdolEyes787
11-09-2010, 02:18 PM

Yeah they care because they care about their ratio. Depends on the tracker but if you don't get on some torrents right away you are not going to seed back at all, not even close. So you end up taking a hit to your ratio, at some trackers a ratio is precious. I mean if you can't download anything because you will be banned eventually for having a bad ratio, then whats the point of downloading anything from there at all. Don't tell me you can survive just by seeding torrents for a long time, I really doubt that works at places like SCC and TorrentVault. That's why TL, IPtorrents, or any of the ratio-less trackers are great for most people.

I would suggest that they simply don't belong to such places if they are so stupidly hard to maintain ratio at. By doing so( belonging) you only give credence to the notion that this sort of thing is remotely acceptable.
What's the use of belong to something if the question is always there in the back of your mind whether you can download something or not because it may adversely effect you?
Yeah I know get a seedbox ,get a script but then all you are doing is exacerbating the problem for anybody that doesn't.

Disme
11-09-2010, 02:21 PM

I would suggest that they simply don't belong to such places if they are so stupidly hard to maintain ratio at. By doing so( belonging) you only give credence to the notion that this sort of thing is remotely acceptable.
What's the use of belong to something if the question is always there in the back of your mind whether you can download something or not because it may adversely effect you?
Yeah I know get a seedbox ,get a script but then all you are doing is exacerbating the problem for anybody that doesn't.

One of the reasons more and more people migrate to Usenet/JDownloader for their filez ... can't blame them!

anon
11-09-2010, 05:17 PM

When you're competing against others at ratio whoring, a few minutes can make a huge difference.

gamesover
11-10-2010, 05:53 AM

Why do you think I've stopped using SCC, besides their Archives, and other such places. I totally agree with you, that's why I brought up IPT and TL. And yeah I use MU, RS, and usenet more often now for the things I need plus ratioless trackers.

Disme
11-10-2010, 07:38 AM
And yeah I use MU, RS, and usenet more often now for the things I need plus ratioless trackers.

Makes 2 ;)

cinephilia
11-10-2010, 09:40 AM
Why do you think I've stopped using SCC, besides their Archives, and other such places. I totally agree with you, that's why I brought up IPT and TL. And yeah I use MU, RS, and usenet more often now for the things I need plus ratioless trackers.
but i thought you were using a seedbox :unsure: you even said in another post that 1 month with a dedicated server was more than enough to be settled for life.

gamesover
11-10-2010, 10:14 AM
but i thought you were using a seedbox :unsure: you even said in another post that 1 month with a dedicated server was more than enough to be settled for life.

I was using a seedbox for a month, which I got for 12 bucks, and I shared it with some people from here and a few friends online. That was my first seedbox in a long time, that said I never implied I'd never used them before. They are handy sometimes, depends on where you want to buffer and WHY you want to buffer.

If you want to use your seedbox just to be a bufferwhore and get TB's of upload you will never ever need to use, thats one thing. If your using your seedbox to create a little breathing room at a tracker like KG or Cinematik, thats something else imo. There's no point really in using a seedbox at SCC unless all you care about is building huge stats to brag about, because you will find the same contents at almost any other 'easier to seed' 0day tracker. But if someone wants to use their seedbox at the places I mentioned, where it can be hard to seed back but the contents are truly one of a kind, or at trackers like CHDbits or HDbits where again the content is amazing and most torrents range anywhere from 5gb to up to 50gb or more, you can't judge that. How does someone seed back a 1080i blueray with a normal connection?

lysine
11-10-2010, 01:40 PM
How does someone seed back a 1080i blueray with a normal connection?

I imagine that it's like trying to race the Baja 1000 motorcyle race on a moped.

cinephilia
11-10-2010, 04:05 PM
There's no point really in using a seedbox at SCC unless all you care about is building huge stats to brag about, because you will find the same contents at almost any other 'easier to seed' 0day tracker.
i think the point is that you wouldn't stop using scc if you had a decent buffer. i'm not saying that this is what seedboxes are made for tho, but you yourself suggested in another post that seedboxes could help setting up trackers for life. that's what makes it hard to believe that you stopped using scc because of ratio issues.

gamesover
11-10-2010, 04:46 PM
There's no point really in using a seedbox at SCC unless all you care about is building huge stats to brag about, because you will find the same contents at almost any other 'easier to seed' 0day tracker.
i think the point is that you wouldn't stop using scc if you had a decent buffer. i'm not saying that this is what seedboxes are made for tho, but you yourself suggested in another post that seedboxes could help setting up trackers for life. that's what makes it hard to believe that you stopped using scc because of ratio issues.

I don't have ratio issues at SCC and I can still grab some non-freeleech torrents from there if I wanted to (occasionally do). But I choose to use other options for the most part. The quote of mine was actually from a thread about CHDbits where you can buffer with a seedbox and then be able to grab as many HD torrents as you want without worry

http://filesharingtalk.com/threads/426184-Chdbits-need-help

cinephilia
11-10-2010, 05:05 PM
ok. i thought you implied you stopped using scc because it was hard to maintain a positive ratio.