PDA

View Full Version : SceneByTes (SBT)

Pitch7
11-20-2010, 11:30 PM
http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/2199/logotags.png

I just heard the site yesterday and joined it. I can say that; I haven't seen any new tracker with such great pretimes, speeds and good design for a very long time.

So; I wanted to let everyone know about it.

They also have open-signups at the moment: http://www.scenebytes.org/signup.php

Nowadays many trackers popup and die in few months. I haven't seen a site with good potential for a very long time. So; i try to pass about it to as many people as I can to help it grow easier :)

Here are few screen-shots:

http://leetleech.org/images/96235254797295313652.png

http://leetleech.org/images/51719477074846464882.png

http://leetleech.org/images/13309540283260265782.png

http://leetleech.org/images/32202821190451633365.png

Cabalo
11-20-2010, 11:34 PM
Try to not make it so obvious you staff there next time. :lol:

anon
11-20-2010, 11:40 PM
You could use thumbnails or hotlink to the images instead of plain links. :)

karachidude
11-21-2010, 12:27 AM
hmm..looks nice in the screens and good seeds for a new tracker.good luck with it :)

Quarterquack
11-21-2010, 02:29 AM
Why does it look like a black version of TorrentSeed (I'm sure Burnsy would agree).

Burnsy
11-21-2010, 02:33 AM
Why does it look like a black version of TorrentSeed (I'm sure Burnsy would agree).

Now you mention it, there are a few similarities... I already had a quick glance at it earlier on and thought it looked familiar :lol:

gamesover
11-21-2010, 02:51 AM
Is this a review thread or what?

Magnum
11-21-2010, 04:56 AM
Is this a review thread or what?
Just publicity...:shifty::shifty:

Pitch7
11-21-2010, 09:45 AM

I am not even a Power User man :)

I just liked it and wanted to help it a bit :D

bijoy
11-21-2010, 01:44 PM

I am not even a Power User man :)

I just liked it and wanted to help it a bit :D

Wow!! but it is really hard to believe...
btw good luck with the tracker.. :D

IdolEyes787
11-21-2010, 02:14 PM
http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/2199/logotags.png

I just heard the site yesterday and joined it. I can say that; I haven't seen any new tracker with such great pretimes, speeds and good design for a very long time.

So; I wanted to let everyone know about it.]

But ; do they have packs and more importantly what's the community like?
Btw I am overwhelmed by your magnanimity and don't for a minute think that you have ties to the site like that wank Cabalo and others seems to.
I mean seriously you've been a member here for a long time and you have previously post here on numerous occasions and obviously there couldn't possibly be a hidden agenda why you would ............... OK let me try putting that another way.

Daniel_30
11-21-2010, 02:50 PM
nice announce, if they provide any promotions for that like vip shit class tell me to give you my father approval stamp

anon
11-21-2010, 04:20 PM
Btw I am overwhelmed by your magnanimity and don't for a minute think that you have ties to the site like that wank Cabalo and others seems to.
I mean seriously you've been a member here for a long time and you have previously post here on numerous occasions and obviously there couldn't possibly be a hidden agenda why you would ............... OK let me try putting that another way.

Idol, your posts are truly an asset to this site. Keep up the good work. :D

Me, I don't know why a tracker's staff member would impersonate a random user here who "wanted to let everyone know about it". It's not like there's something wrong with merely posting a review of your own place to attract more users. :idunno:

Burnsy
11-21-2010, 05:08 PM
Me, I don't know why a tracker's staff member would impersonate a random user here who "wanted to let everyone know about it". It's not like there's something wrong with merely posting a review of your own place to attract more users. :idunno:

How do you think I got 'started' on here? :lol:

I thought this was a haven for liars, cheaters, scammers, invite sellers and the dregs of BT... I didn't even sign up with my usual nick, the one used everywhere else (just about)...

How wrong I was... FST is nothing like that... :unsure:

:D

IdolEyes787
11-21-2010, 05:16 PM
I didn't even sign up with my usual nick, the one used everywhere else (just about)...

That's because "cawk-faced monkey boy " was considered inappropriate content here.

Burnsy
11-21-2010, 05:19 PM
I didn't even sign up with my usual nick, the one used everywhere else (just about)...

That's because "cawk-faced monkey boy " was considered inappropriate content here.

Inappropriate? Or maybe it had been taken, pre-Idol'cum-in-my'Eyes787

IdolEyes787
11-21-2010, 05:26 PM
I find that highly offensive , especially coming from a lady such as yourself.

Quarterquack
11-21-2010, 05:27 PM
How wrong I was... FST is nothing like that... :unsure:

I'm sure a lot of people had preconceived false notions about what this place was like. You thinking it's a hive of scumbags, myself thinking it was a way to make sure people I invite don't trade the invites away, and IdolEyes because he heard there was a pride parade about these parts. Safe to say we weren't all let down.

IdolEyes787
11-21-2010, 05:34 PM
I'm sure a lot of people had preconceived false notions about what this place was like. You thinking it's a hive of scumbags, myself thinking it was a way to make sure people I invite don't trade the invites away, and IdolEyes because he heard there was a pride parade about these parts. Safe to say we weren't all let down.

I'm proud of the fact that I've been intimate with your mother.
Btw I'm only being kind ,I'm actually far from proud of the fact.

Course your brother says the same thing.

I hope this gets more people to sign up to SBT.
I hear the pre-times are really great.

Quarterquack
11-21-2010, 05:38 PM
I'm proud of the fact that I've been intimate with your mother.
Btw I'm only being kind ,I'm actually far from proud of the fact.

Course your brother says the same thing.

I won't judge you for sleeping with a woman half your age, but at least have some class and allude to it.
Plus, if all you have to say you've lived for is the fact that you are on par with my 12 year old brother, I think you should consider suicide. Your life isn't going to amount to anything, at this rate. :(

IdolEyes787
11-21-2010, 05:45 PM
I have 13,257 posts which is inconsequential in itself until you realize it coincidentally matches the exact number of time you've been rejected by the opposite sex.

Quarterquack
11-21-2010, 05:55 PM
You're absolutely right. I need to figure out a way to turn my 2/3 chances into 3/3. It's because I always say silly things in conversations like "But ; do they have packs and more importantly what's the community like? --> (http://filesharingtalk.com/threads/427106-SceneByTes-%28SBT%29?p=3531847&viewfull=1#post3531847)" when the topic becomes about which-book-club-is-her-favorite. I'd ask you for suggestions, but you've already proven yourself to the contrary here (http://filesharingtalk.com/threads/426404-Katy-Perry-amp-Playboy?p=3530814&viewfull=1#post3530814), here (http://filesharingtalk.com/threads/427018-sorry-for-the-wrong-profile-settings?p=3530799#post3530799) and here. I could list about 13,000 more examples, unfortunately.

EDIT: Well, I'm off for now, meeting up with a few friends for drinks after our midterm season. Thanks for giving me a few good laughs, Idol. :yes:

Pitch7
11-21-2010, 07:25 PM
But ; do they have packs and more importantly what's the community like?

(In General; including you, but not solo for that.)

I just heard about the site and signed up; its not even like my favorite tracker or anything.

But; If you consider the scene-sites started-up in the 2nd half of 2010; most of them are dead before even reaching 1-2K torrents, most of them don't even have access to scene, most of them don't have autouploaders, most of them uses crappy (imo) TS.

I can't remember any tracker starting-up with the potential (they also started uploading packs) that this tracker has. I can't know if can they keep it up or not...

Does anyone know of a scene-tracker opened up in the 2nd half of 2010 (or even possibly in the whole 2010) and better than this one? If so; please tell about it.

I am just an ordinary user there; I just admired their job and wanted to help this potential grow easier.

Of course; they can not even compete with established trackers such as SCC, TL ...

But; seeing new trackers start-up with high-potentials makes me happy.

That's all.

bijoy
11-21-2010, 08:14 PM

That's all.

that makes me happy too especially when offer me some staff position & I got the chance to abuse use :P that position.

Pitch7
11-21-2010, 08:22 PM

That's all.

that makes me happy too especially when offer me some staff position & I got the chance to abuse use :P that position.

I didn't know you were a staff :/ But your name isn't on the list.

Do you fear of using the same nick everywhere? I am happy that I don't.

anon
11-21-2010, 08:23 PM
I didn't know you were a staff :/

I don't think that's what he meant.

Pitch7
11-21-2010, 08:29 PM
I didn't know you were a staff :/

I don't think that's what he meant.

And that's also not what I meant.

Burnsy
11-21-2010, 09:21 PM
:unsure:

bijoy
11-22-2010, 07:08 AM
My replies tend to create some confusion among the readers. So, I think its the time when I should stop replying in this way. :(

Burnsy
11-22-2010, 06:36 PM
My replies tend to create some confusion among the readers. So, I think its the time when I should stop replying in this way. :(

Wasn't your reply... it was Pitch7's last reply which kinda confused me... but it doesn't really matter, I've no real need to join any other tracker anyway, apart from curiosity, however, I'm not... :lol:

dzamba
11-22-2010, 08:56 PM
awesome tracker ! beat SCC with pre times ( only checked Games/PC category )

Pitch7
11-23-2010, 10:12 AM
Seems FSF also liked it: http://**************.com/2010/11/22/20-new-private-trackers-november-2010-edition/

bijoy
11-23-2010, 10:44 AM
Seems FSF also liked it: http://**************.com/2010/11/22/20-new-private-trackers-november-2010-edition/

yeah, their review looks good to me. :)

Chief_Garbonzo
11-24-2010, 07:32 PM
So I will be honest here... When I saw the OP post about this I just figured he was staff there and was looking for easy promotion, so I joined only to find that was not the case.. I actually REALLY like what I see! This place has A LOT of potential it looks like. The layout and colors are awesome to me. I love simple layouts with easy to see stuff on black backgrounds. If yer into pre times, this place should be added to yer radar for sure. I've been told the pre's will actually get faster than they already are if donations start happening to help with upgrading a couple servers. Some of the people who are already members there I actually know from other places, and look forward to their company. So this is one of my newer favorite places I am looking forward to being on. I promise this is my real thoughts and its not me just trying to rally up peeps, LOL. :D

IdolEyes787
11-24-2010, 08:21 PM
The layout and colors are awesome to me. I love simple layouts with easy to see stuff on black backgrounds. If yer into pre times, this place should be added to yer radar for sure. I've been told the pre's will actually get faster than they already are if donations start happening to help with upgrading a couple servers. Some of the people who are already members there I actually know from other places, and look forward to their company. So this is one of my newer favorite places I am looking forward to being on. I promise this is my real thoughts and its not me just trying to rally up peeps, LOL. :D

So I will be honest here.... none of those , in themselves , are good enough reasons to join. Even the "knowing people from other places" since , I might be mistaken here, but you could simply be " enjoying their company" at those other places.

Does it offer more or anything different in way of content ? Or is it easier to keep a ratio on ? Or for lack of a better word , friendlier ?
These are the things that are important aren't they ? Not ( sorry ) whether it's" pretty " or I can download the same thing from there a few seconds/minutes/hours faster than I can from someplace else. Especially since deluded as I am there still exists a thing called loyalty.
Of course I don't believe in free agency as it is currently practiced either, so I guess fuck me.

Burnsy
11-24-2010, 09:14 PM
So I will be honest here... When I saw the OP post about this I just figured he was staff there and was looking for easy promotion, so I joined only to find that was not the case.. I actually REALLY like what I see! This place has A LOT of potential it looks like. The layout and colors are awesome to me. I love simple layouts with easy to see stuff on black backgrounds. If yer into pre times, this place should be added to yer radar for sure. I've been told the pre's will actually get faster than they already are if donations start happening to help with upgrading a couple servers. Some of the people who are already members there I actually know from other places, and look forward to their company. So this is one of my newer favorite places I am looking forward to being on. I promise this is my real thoughts and its not me just trying to rally up peeps, LOL. :D

You staff there? :P

gamesover
11-24-2010, 09:33 PM
This seems to come in cycles. Every couple of months there's some new hyped up tracker that has amazing pre-times, scene axx, and fast seedboxes. I could bring up some examples, if I still remembered what any of those trackers were called. They seem to fade into obscurity once the hype dies down and most people go back to using TL or SCC to get their scene releases.

Chief_Garbonzo
11-25-2010, 12:21 AM
The layout and colors are awesome to me. I love simple layouts with easy to see stuff on black backgrounds. If yer into pre times, this place should be added to yer radar for sure. I've been told the pre's will actually get faster than they already are if donations start happening to help with upgrading a couple servers. Some of the people who are already members there I actually know from other places, and look forward to their company. So this is one of my newer favorite places I am looking forward to being on. I promise this is my real thoughts and its not me just trying to rally up peeps, LOL. :D

So I will be honest here.... none of those , in themselves , are good enough reasons to join. Even the "knowing people from other places" since , I might be mistaken here, but you could simply be " enjoying their company" at those other places.

Does it offer more or anything different in way of content ? Or is it easier to keep a ratio on ? Or for lack of a better word , friendlier ?
These are the things that are important aren't they ? Not ( sorry ) whether it's" pretty " or I can download the same thing from there a few seconds/minutes/hours faster than I can from someplace else. Especially since deluded as I am there still exists a thing called loyalty.
Of course I don't believe in free agency as it is currently practiced either, so I guess fuck me.

hello Idol!! :D
Well I guess different people look for different things in a tracker.. "Different strokes for different folks" - The things that appeal to me are what I was saying.. I was sure to mention "to me" in that post as I was sure others may not agree that point may be something that would attract them there. Also that's why I was like "If yer into pre times", as I don't care, but some people are all over that stuff. :P As for content, it appears to just be scene content, general 0 day. About the ratio, hard to say right now as it's free leech. I don't have a ratio yet or a downloaded amount displayed, just what I've uploaded thus far. So we'll prolly have to wait & see about those things as the site grows older and the user base develops.

I was just sharing my opinion guys! Not saying everyone should go make an acc. Just wanted to share my thoughts.

Quarterquack
11-25-2010, 01:41 AM
This seems to come in cycles. Every couple of months there's some new hyped up tracker that has amazing pre-times, scene axx, and fast seedboxes. I could bring up some examples, if I still remembered what any of those trackers were called. They seem to fade into obscurity once the hype dies down and most people go back to using TL or SCC to get their scene releases.

ScenePalace jumps straight to mind. And that was a very healthily staffed site (all highly experienced ex-OiNK staffers or current BT "veterans") and yet it didn't make it very far. Just shows you that trackers are starting to find members, as opposed to the norm that has been the other way round, thus far.

Cabalo
11-25-2010, 02:06 AM

Sharky likes whatever he is paid to like. It's the least reliable and most biased "source" you can bother reading.

gamesover
11-25-2010, 02:22 AM

ScenePalace jumps straight to mind. And that was a very healthily staffed site (all highly experienced ex-OiNK staffers or current BT "veterans") and yet it didn't make it very far. Just shows you that trackers are starting to find members, as opposed to the norm that has been the other way round, thus far.

Being an ex-Oinker myself I'm suprised I never heard of ScenePalace. How long was it around for?

Quarterquack
11-25-2010, 02:35 AM
http://scenepalace.org/

:P.

IdolEyes787
11-25-2010, 03:10 AM
hello Idol!! :D
Well I guess different people look for different things in a tracker.. "Different strokes for different folks" - The things that appeal to me are what I was saying.. I was sure to mention "to me" in that post as I was sure others may not agree that point may be something that would attract them there. Also that's why I was like "If yer into pre times", as I don't care, but some people are all over that stuff. :P As for content, it appears to just be scene content, general 0 day. About the ratio, hard to say right now as it's free leech. I don't have a ratio yet or a downloaded amount displayed, just what I've uploaded thus far. So we'll prolly have to wait & see about those things as the site grows older and the user base develops.

I was just sharing my opinion guys! Not saying everyone should go make an acc. Just wanted to share my thoughts.

You that know I love you in a totally heterosexual non- ghey kind of way of course even though I sometimes do get strange ,unfamiliar thoughts when I see you wearing that certain pair of jeans.:mellow:

fstemon
11-25-2010, 04:29 AM
http://scenepalace.org/

:P.

Yay, my favorite tracker is not dead. *cough*

anon
11-25-2010, 12:37 PM
Sharky likes whatever he is paid to like. It's the least reliable and most biased "source" you can bother reading.

It's funny because it's true.

whatcdfan
11-25-2010, 02:54 PM
yes i agree with OP it has the potential given the good pretimes and speeds etc but it will take some time to judge as more users and content come along and the design looks cool the only thing i did not like was the category icons, DH's are best imo tho

Kado
11-25-2010, 06:24 PM
lokk nice ! but how is the sped and pretime?

anon
11-25-2010, 06:28 PM
lokk nice ! but how is the sped and pretime?

Sheesh, how about you read the posts right before yours before you spam. :slap:

Chief_Garbonzo
11-25-2010, 09:45 PM
You that know I love you in a totally heterosexual non- ghey kind of way of course even though I sometimes do get strange ,unfamiliar thoughts when I see you wearing that certain pair of jeans.:mellow:

oooOOOHH! I think yer talkin' about my wranglers!! Hahah! I have some more pics of me in them, newer than the ones I sent you last month. I also have a couple pics of me in my chaps wearing only the chaps. Perhaps I will send them over!!

Pitch7
12-06-2010, 06:51 PM
Here is a new look of it, activity increased a lot.

http://imgur.com/NqNYj.jpg

PooBar
12-06-2010, 08:01 PM
0 bytes acc will be purged

TONiC
12-06-2010, 08:39 PM
ignore, noticed you aranged by decending seeders.

IMO, torrent sites need to be thought of like businesses (perhaps not in the financial sense, but even then some will argue).

If a business (tracker) cannot deliver good or services (.torrents of media content) to it's target market (userbase comprised of p2p community) then it will fail to compete (with other trackers). If delivery is not speedy or reliable (pretimes) or if the firm does not advertise (fst thread, fsf) then consumers (users).

Pitch7
12-06-2010, 09:33 PM

Who said the otherwise?

Isn't the top seeder amounts good for a new tracker?

TONiC
12-06-2010, 09:49 PM

Who said the otherwise?

Isn't the top seeder amounts good for a new tracker?

Mmm, it can be a good sign, but it doesn't say much about the average number of seeders per torrents, which more often than not the bigger the number the better the speeds...

johhny
12-08-2010, 07:41 PM
let's see how much it will stay alive...the tracker is awesome

pakito
12-16-2010, 01:36 AM
signups are open even

anon
12-16-2010, 01:40 AM
signups are open even

May want to post that on the open signups thread, instead of crossposting on discussion threads.

ScottK
12-16-2010, 05:30 PM
signups are open even

May want to post that on the open signups thread, instead of crossposting on discussion threads.

you disturb their staff's work here :pinch:

anon
12-16-2010, 05:36 PM
I was just suggesting what I think is the way to go. The staff here can always delete my post if they find something wrong with it.

ScottK
12-16-2010, 06:07 PM
I was just suggesting what I think is the way to go. The staff here can always delete my post if they find something wrong with it.

and how about if i actually mean Scenebytes staff?

anon
12-16-2010, 06:13 PM
Then you should have pointed that out since the beginning, so that's it's clear. :P

ScottK
12-16-2010, 06:27 PM
Then you should have pointed that out since the beginning, so that's it's clear. :P

how could me do that. many people say scenebytes & AO good place. i could end up get DDOS!

Quarterquack
12-16-2010, 06:28 PM
Clearly you know nothing about either site in question if you think they'll get DDoS'ed. :lol:

anon
12-16-2010, 06:34 PM
i could end up get DDOS!

You can always turn your modem off... :unsure:

ScottK
12-16-2010, 06:39 PM
not really pro like both of you, for sure. so thanks for new thing i've learn.
in fact, i dont know how DDOS look alike, or how it happen :lol:
just heard site could be down because of it..
some kind of IRC war i guess, spamming with bot?

anon
12-16-2010, 06:41 PM
in fact, i dont know how DDOS look alike, or how it happen :lol:
just heard site could be down because of it..
some kind of IRC war i guess, spamming with bot?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DDoS#Distributed_attack

ScottK
12-16-2010, 06:48 PM
i have no care about it, so you know...
lmgtfy just doesnt work pretty well..
but thanks for the effort. at least your postcount +1 for that, so i didnt feel guilty so much

pakito
12-16-2010, 06:59 PM

and how about if i actually mean Scenebytes staff?
Good work..The tracker starts out strong

cinephilia
12-16-2010, 07:36 PM
will you ever shut up, pepito ?

pakito
12-17-2010, 02:05 AM
Trade: Silent by SCC or FTN.

bijoy
12-17-2010, 05:37 AM

damn.

cinephilia
12-17-2010, 04:13 PM
Intr4ns1t's PTN account in exchange for your silence.

Intr4ns1t
12-17-2010, 07:41 PM
Intr4ns1t's PTN account in exchange for your silence.

Hey, I buffered the shit outta that account fair and square tyvm! I only trade witty barbs anyways, so huh?

ScottK
12-18-2010, 05:14 AM
Hey, I buffered the shit outta that account fair and square tyvm! I only trade witty barbs anyways, so huh?

im butterfly. im free
:happy:

Quarterquack
12-18-2010, 05:23 AM
Scott, that last statement of yours can be misconstrued. Badly.

ScottK
12-18-2010, 05:32 AM
:lol:

to ?

Quarterquack
12-18-2010, 05:40 AM
A snipe from the past, at the very least, amongst many other demeaning possibilities.

ScottK
12-18-2010, 05:42 AM
at your advice ring

gamesover
12-18-2010, 10:54 AM
Am I the only one who can't understand any of ScottK or Pakito's posts? It's even more frustrating because I've been seeing there posts all over the forum lately, they are unavoidable.

david64
12-18-2010, 12:01 PM
http://scenebits.info has good pre times, speeds, everything is freeleech, good content as well, open sign up.
Join it guys

ScottK
12-18-2010, 12:36 PM
btw it has been edited. if you wondering the one above ringhunter.
but if you talk about all over the forum, you be the judge :lol:

bijoy
12-18-2010, 01:33 PM
Am I the only one who can't understand any of ScottK or Pakito's posts? It's even more frustrating because I've been seeing there posts all over the forum lately, they are unavoidable.

Sometimes take a break, just like me. It helps. ;)

ScottK
12-18-2010, 01:56 PM
it surely does since i have lot of free time lately :lol:

whatcdfan
12-18-2010, 02:14 PM

someone is enjoying himself

bijoy
12-18-2010, 04:45 PM

someone is enjoying himself

not someone, but more than one, many!

anon
12-18-2010, 04:48 PM

They appear to be in a rampage to get more posts for who knows what. But hey, I'm not complaining - they provide free entertainment. :idunno:

ScottK
12-18-2010, 05:37 PM
how does my post entertain? :01:

robogo25
02-10-2011, 04:59 PM
SceneBytes.org : http://scenebytes.org

Today, 02:15 PM
Purge
Ok ladies and gents, 3.5k users were purged today for innactivity of which none had logged in for over a month and had never used the site in any other way.
There will be similar purges coming in the near future as a small good userbase is preferable to a large innactive one imo.

The good news is to reward users who are on the fence as to use the site more. starting tomorrow three days of freeleech (starts 11th 12am GMT) with double upload :)
Lots of quality packs will be available over this period ofc...Enjoy

come on irc and say hi :)

fstemon
02-26-2011, 09:18 PM
And now it's dead. ;)

ExtraDry
02-26-2011, 10:06 PM
Seems to direct to
http://www.worldtorrents.org/browse.php
not joining again

SBT Ex-User info
Hi if u come from SBT site, you will need register again, us lost our server, this TS will be used as temp solution for this issue. If u are our ViP pm Kingdom to recover your account, if u are member sorry u need register again with a new account, but all our releases is under Freeleech now.

anon
02-26-2011, 10:12 PM
us lost our server

Reminded me of ScT.biz...

johhny
02-26-2011, 10:40 PM
the domain has been changed

http://scenebytes.info/login.php?returnto=%2F

Di@monds
02-27-2011, 07:13 AM
us lost our server

Reminded me of ScT.biz...

Indeed and also same owner :P

eridanus
02-27-2011, 11:41 AM
The .org domain works now again.

Vorx
02-28-2011, 12:56 AM
Its quite a good tracker. It might just be the next SCC, because of it pretty good pretimes.

Monaco
02-28-2011, 10:21 PM
Its quite a good tracker. It might just be the next SCC, because of it pretty good pretimes.

That would require consistent pretimes across categories and, more importantly, an active userbase. Although I vaguely remember a time when SCC was nearly as quiet, the failure of every wannabe scene torrent site in the last 2-3 years makes me skeptical. I though SBT showed a lot of promise, but that has long since evaporated and the place is now a deadzone.

byrnesc1
03-01-2011, 05:25 AM
I only used this if my ratio was dropping on IPT and I really wanted to get something. Not gonna waste my time going through the motions again

bijoy
03-01-2011, 06:39 AM
anothher drama folding up :P

fstemon
03-01-2011, 05:36 PM
From their front page:

Domain Change
Ok so we have a clearer picture of the future now for the site.
The domain will now be scenebyt.es .
You will need to re download old torrents or manually change the .org to .info or .es, you wont receive a warning if you don't as this issue was not the users fault, but it would be nice if you did :p

The reason for this is as i am informed due to some of the ex owners wanted to make a quick buck, which as you probably know never works in many endeavors in life.
The remaining staff will carry on the site and implement features that always end up never happening when owners don't get on.
Me and the rest will carry on with the ethos we always held, which is we do it for fun nothing more.
Many of you know me from ScT and know i pay my servers out of my own pocket i don't sell slots or any of that. Of course i don't want to be a pauper from this but after we give the place a new lick of paint hopefully you will see the site in its best light and support us.

SpLiC3//Staff//

P.S. Freeleech for 2 days :)

Quarterquack
03-01-2011, 05:39 PM
Splicey took over? Maybe there's hope for this site after all. :lol:

Di@monds
03-01-2011, 08:30 PM
From their front page:

Domain Change
Ok so we have a clearer picture of the future now for the site.
The domain will now be scenebyt.es .
You will need to re download old torrents or manually change the .org to .info or .es, you wont receive a warning if you don't as this issue was not the users fault, but it would be nice if you did :p

The reason for this is as i am informed due to some of the ex owners wanted to make a quick buck, which as you probably know never works in many endeavors in life.
The remaining staff will carry on the site and implement features that always end up never happening when owners don't get on.
Me and the rest will carry on with the ethos we always held, which is we do it for fun nothing more.
Many of you know me from ScT and know i pay my servers out of my own pocket i don't sell slots or any of that. Of course i don't want to be a pauper from this but after we give the place a new lick of paint hopefully you will see the site in its best light and support us.

SpLiC3//Staff//

P.S. Freeleech for 2 days :)

What did you expect from [email protected]?
Poor bastards who donated to get VIP

TONiC
03-01-2011, 08:55 PM
I donated initially, but only 10E, so I dont feel robbed [I got that feeling when I lost the VIP status ¬¬].
I did in some way heed the warning, when someone posted ages ago he was a scammer... changed my password and email address; worth it now, but I bet others didn't...

bijoy
03-02-2011, 12:48 PM
"Never donate to a new tracker" ~ simple rule in bt.

break it, and you will get the result in 70% of time. :P

pakito
09-15-2011, 03:44 AM
Is this tracker dead for good? I can not connect with it time ago..

Camaleon
09-17-2011, 03:18 AM
Seems like it's down this moment

vBooM
09-18-2011, 10:39 PM
There coming back soon.

arthura2g
09-21-2011, 07:45 PM
this is a nice tracker, with nice pretimes and content. hope they come back

garbage
09-25-2011, 03:23 AM
splice ran the site! its was a goodie too. I dont think its coming back

vBooM
09-25-2011, 09:33 PM
SpLiC3 *

Di@monds
09-26-2011, 01:24 PM
SpLiC3 *
#care

vBooM
09-26-2011, 08:33 PM
SpLiC3 *
#care

big man over the internet? nice one.

If you knew your facts, he was the main uploader on ScT, the best and will always be, the greatest tracker of the torrent generation.

Of course, your 12 and were only a wee sperm then.

Learn your facts before fail trolling son.

pakito
09-28-2011, 07:23 AM
The domain seems recovered..Apache server is working there now.
Apache is functioning normally scenebyt.es

pakito
03-13-2012, 02:20 PM
Domain is scenebytes.net now

anon
03-13-2012, 05:57 PM

Anyone got stats for the WTO? They never had an entry there.

pakito, since you're already here, perhaps you can help me with Wild-Bytes as well :)

heiska
03-13-2012, 06:35 PM

pakito, since you're already here, perhaps you can help me with Wild-Bytes as well :)

They have open signup apparently.
1766 torrents
2120 registered accounts
most torrents have 1-2 seeders, 0 leechers.
no public seeder/leecher ratio available.

Site is running apache 2.21 on win32 (!)

Enlightened
03-13-2012, 07:44 PM
Not sure , how longthis Tracker is going to "survive" much longer, No Leechers at all?

Registered Users

Torrents

Peers

Seeders

Leechers

Seeder/leecher ratio (%)
18345 %

Quarterquack
03-13-2012, 09:08 PM
Not sure , how longthis Tracker is going to "survive" much longer, No Leechers at all?

The tracker is run by friends, for friends. No donations are required for the upkeep. It'll stay alive until the main bunch of friends decide they want to move on.

heiska
03-13-2012, 09:20 PM

What is this black magic you just used to pull those stats? Nice table layout too!

Enlightened
03-13-2012, 10:04 PM

What is this black magic you just used to pull those stats? Nice table layout too!

No Black magic needed, from Front page of the site, pretty much the Same numbers with the person above me too.

The tracker is run by friends, for friends. No donations are required for the upkeep. It'll stay alive until the main bunch of friends decide they want to move on.

Then why "ask" for Donations in your Front Page for survival, if it is just for your "buddies"?

Larger Image : http://tinypic.com/r/30c84d0/5

http://i42.tinypic.com/30c84d0.png

heiska
03-13-2012, 11:23 PM
So it appears I really am blind as a bat. Oh well.

Quarterquack
03-13-2012, 11:42 PM
Then why "ask" for Donations in your Front Page for survival, if it is just for your "buddies"?

Woah, woah. Relax there. What do you mean "your" front page? I have nothing to do with the site, except for being on amicable terms with the administration. I was on their FLS before the site went down, but I believe my account has since been lost. That's full disclosure.

Also, I said that no donations were "needed". One of the administrators has deep pockets and he does this site as a service for friends/old ScT members who look up to him*.

If he asks for donations, then I'd leave it up to him to decide. He may be using it as a way to gauge interest in the site, or he may have decided he needs to be smarter with his pockets. Either way, I put the truth out there. "It'll stay alive until the admins move on".

* P.S. Another explanation is that this person has recently had personal changes in his life, and may no longer be running the place. I honestly don't know if he quit.

darkblue
03-14-2012, 04:31 AM
it will be difficult to use the tracker if there is no leechers.
they should keep seeding bonus system.

pakito
03-25-2012, 02:50 PM

Old review is here, anon http://filesharingtalk.com/threads/429408-SceneBytes-Review

Acronym is SBT :)

anon
03-25-2012, 05:27 PM
Old review is here, anon http://filesharingtalk.com/threads/429408-SceneBytes-Review

Acronym is SBT :)

Neat, but are there updated stats? That review is over a year old. :P

X
03-25-2012, 08:03 PM
is the site down?

anon
03-25-2012, 09:16 PM
is the site down?

See above.