PDA

View Full Version : boxslots.com

neo24
11-28-2010, 01:52 AM
Who have tried boxslots.com? Please give a review on this seedbox provider. Thanks

Thelen
11-28-2010, 06:47 AM
Stars from SCC runs it, using 'custom' servers via rapidspeeds. One of the only LW based Gbit slots, but since it is via Rapidspeeds you'd be better off with an OVH Gbit slot (say Feral's Power), or 3, for the same price.

Unless you plan to do a lot of public seeding.

heiska
11-28-2010, 05:52 PM
Stars from SCC runs it, using 'custom' servers via rapidspeeds. One of the only LW based Gbit slots, but since it is via Rapidspeeds you'd be better off with an OVH Gbit slot (say Feral's Power), or 3, for the same price.

Unless you plan to do a lot of public seeding.

That will change soon. As we all know, OVH speeds are only good between the servers in the very same datacenter and the big players (xirvik, feral) are already selling shitloads more LW and Netdirekt boxes than OVH crapslots.

Thelen
11-28-2010, 10:38 PM
Not very soon, there are at least 5000 OVH seedboxes, vs 1000 netdirekt and 500 LW, and ultimately no one will be able to match the speeds of OVH Gbit internal free traffic (ie SCC and other top 0days). You'll notice Xirvik and Feral are only selling 100Mbit slots too :D

PooBar
12-01-2010, 07:48 PM
Nvm...

compact72
01-10-2011, 01:47 AM
I have an VPS with boxslots.com

Fantastic, speeds are amazing, boxes are fast.

Has custom templates with rutorrent installed etc.

Would look nowhere else!

tested
01-10-2011, 02:21 AM
I had tried a few suppliers on dedi's and slots over the last year... I found myself logging into boxslots.com to try out their product and service. I can say that I haven't looked elsewhere since. The day I joined, I got my box, setup was completed right away and I was ready to go. The customer service is above none with one-on-one focus. I don't foresee myself going anywhere else...

Cabalo
01-10-2011, 04:35 AM
And you join to make this your first post? :rolleyes:

tested
01-10-2011, 12:08 PM
Ya gotta join sometime, right? :D

unoriginal
01-12-2011, 08:05 PM
Then I must be the one person that thinks the prices are too high for the amount of HDD space you get. Personally I think there are better choices out there if you need a VPS.

xirvflux
01-16-2011, 03:09 PM
Not very soon, there are at least 5000 OVH seedboxes, vs 1000 netdirekt and 500 LW, and ultimately no one will be able to match the speeds of OVH Gbit internal free traffic (ie SCC and other top 0days). You'll notice Xirvik and Feral are only selling 100Mbit slots too :D

We do sell gigabit servers from LW. Real gigabit stuff, not "one gigabit pipe for 5 gigabit servers", or other similar trick.

Xirvik

Thelen
01-16-2011, 11:56 PM
Yea you do now, not when I first made that post ;)

Yup, same with us. It is a nasty trick some other providers using rubbish like that.

bijoy
01-17-2011, 11:48 AM
And you join to make this your first post? :rolleyes:

another nice catch ;)

Jungleboy
04-09-2011, 02:35 PM
I've been using a boxslots VPS and i'm pretty satisfied till now, generally speeds are what you expect from a gigabit slice.

Edit:
Moved on to 2Gbit/s VPS and still very happy :)

kresimirn
08-17-2011, 09:07 PM
Ok I am done with it, right now i am writing this (i dont wont to write this, but its ridiculous)
1. Ive bought SB150 (150GB, 1Gbit/s, 6 users), 4 days ago
2. Very first day problems with disk errors, PM Boxslot and they moved it to next drive (probably), works fine.
3. Second day its all ok.
3. 3rd day rtorrent crashed, not working, needed to restart.....
4. 4th day (today, now) rtorrent crashed, restarted it, not working....need to wait.

5. I did request very first day refund, but later when they moved it, it works.
6. I am stupid that I did not request full refund.
7. I dont have time to restart every day rtorrent.
8. Dont use it if you arent at home or watching daily for crashed torrent.

after 5 hours....... here we go again.....rtorrent dead..........restarted.....checking files......

fox92
08-20-2011, 06:16 AM
Ok I am done with it, right now i am writing this (i dont wont to write this, but its ridiculous)
1. Ive bought SB150 (150GB, 1Gbit/s, 6 users), 4 days ago
2. Very first day problems with disk errors, PM Boxslot and they moved it to next drive (probably), works fine.
3. Second day its all ok.
3. 3rd day rtorrent crashed, not working, needed to restart.....
4. 4th day (today, now) rtorrent crashed, restarted it, not working....need to wait.

5. I did request very first day refund, but later when they moved it, it works.
6. I am stupid that I did not request full refund.
7. I dont have time to restart every day rtorrent.
8. Dont use it if you arent at home or watching daily for crashed torrent.

after 5 hours....... here we go again.....rtorrent dead..........restarted.....checking files......

i ca assure you, that you may be the unlucky one. I own a box there and there's no crash whatsoever. Heck my box can delete 24gb torrents easily and thats a first as all other rtorrents on different providers always crashed.

kresimirn
08-21-2011, 07:56 PM
assure this.....(even today 7th day, errors and very low speed) from them :

Hi Krešimir,

You said you couldn't reach 4 MB/s but in your screenshot you showed 9 MB/s of traffic. Double what you have claimed. The errors are a result of a time out and we are working on the speed of the server, we will have to increase the amount of apache workers to speed up rutorrent. Also, the torrents you are showing have a very very weak seed to peer ratio in all cases. You are only downloading from 1 seed, you cannot expect gigabit speeds with that kind of ratio.

Regards Kyle.

sent back :
omg here we go again....its my fault not yours....yea.....
i am talking about stable speed, please will you show me (You see it) log of my speed up/down in last 7 days ?

I NEVER GOT OVER 5 STABLE SPEED ON FUCKING GIGABIT NETWORK..........
on whatbox, 100Mbit shared, speed stable 2+ always
same provider(whatbox) 300Mbit line UP SPEED 40+
(same tracker)

and when i get answer above ive want it to shoot this moron,,,,,,dont ever use boxslots fucking noobs they are, not some box provider

Boxslots
08-25-2011, 09:03 AM
@Krešimir

You're on the lowest plan expecting 60MB/s + upload speeds. Your using dead torrents (old torrents) low swarm activity torrents, When you know how to use torrents please start this up again until then consider this done & dealt with.

kresimirn
08-26-2011, 05:37 AM
@Krešimir

You're on the lowest plan expecting 60MB/s + upload speeds. Your using dead torrents (old torrents) low swarm activity torrents, When you know how to use torrents please start this up again until then consider this done & dealt with.

yea, right, ok, i dont want to argue with noobs.

kresimirn
08-26-2011, 05:52 AM
and, this is daily