PDA

View Full Version : n00b help:Seedboxes

byrnesc1
11-30-2010, 02:56 AM
I know seedboxes are huge within the bt/p2p community but I don't quite get how they work. Could someone explain? Also, I know I can build my own seedbox out of an older computer, does anyone have any good tips/tutorials regarding that? Thanks for the help fst

whatcdfan
11-30-2010, 03:11 AM
ans to ur first querry http://**************.com/tutorials/setup-a-linux-seedbox-from-scratch-using-arch-linux-and-tflux-b4rt/
ans to ue second querry http://**************.com/2008/06/01/how-to-set-up-your-own-home-seedbox-in-windows/
i just googled it so cud u...........

anon
11-30-2010, 11:38 AM
I know seedboxes are huge within the bt/p2p community but I don't quite get how they work. Could someone explain?

In basic terms, seedboxes are servers with very high-speed connections that run a torrent client plus an interface to control it. You load the torrents via the interface, and the server does the leeching and seeding. You can then transfer the files to your computer via FTP afterwards. Due to their high-speed nature, on popular torrents it's easy to achieve huge ratios in minutes.

Seedboxes are separate from your computer or connection, meaning you can turn your home PC off entirely and they'll still run the torrents.

Also, I know I can build my own seedbox out of an older computer, does anyone have any good tips/tutorials regarding that?

Of course you can, but it'd be more of a "download box" than a seedbox, unless you happen to have a 100Mbit connection at home.

byrnesc1
11-30-2010, 05:38 PM
Yeah true, thanks for the help. I'm considering taking an old laptop I have sitting around my parents house and turning it into a download box because I'm always taking my laptop with me from place to place so atleast that way it would be seeding 24/7 Not to mention they have a faster internet connection and less users on it. Thanks again

Thelen
11-30-2010, 10:49 PM
Of course you can, but it'd be more of a "download box" than a seedbox, unless you happen to have a 100Mbit connection at home.

Yep, I called mine a "leechbox" :D

Depending on what features you want, you could setup rtorrent and ruTorrent.

nilingyi
12-07-2010, 09:24 AM
If your net condition is bad then even if you make a box yourself by old computer,the speed will slow!

Thelen
12-07-2010, 02:18 PM
NFI what language you translated from, but it isn't correct.... It is very simple to setup an old PC that can download no problem, even a P2 400Mhz with 256MB RAM can download at 1.5MB/s no worries.

faithless13
01-08-2011, 07:18 PM
I would try XIRVIK there probably the best pay for 1 month paypal boost your upload .Gives instructions on how to do it on site ,i think my max speed from there was 5-10 mbs...Think its about £11.30 for a month.