PDA

View Full Version : Why do torrent sites lose their PayPal all the time?

spark
12-12-2010, 02:24 PM
I do not get it? maybe because I do not get the idea of receiving money via PayPal

hagckz0r
12-12-2010, 02:47 PM
you gave for yourself the answer :p

mrnobody
12-12-2010, 02:48 PM
member who get banned file a refund claim. too many such claims will make paypal freeze the account. since torrent sites are illegal the changes of getting such frozen account back is almost zero.

anon
12-12-2010, 05:14 PM
member who get banned file a refund claim. too many such claims will make paypal freeze the account. since torrent sites are illegal the changes of getting such frozen account back is almost zero.

Pretty much this, according to my understanding.

There was a rather long thread about this, made some time ago...

scrappen
12-12-2010, 05:57 PM

This is just one among many reasons why they may freeze the account. In fact it appears as if they find new reasons every time they decide to mess with you.

Quarterquack
12-12-2010, 06:09 PM
Recovery/Withdrawal issues in Paypal are usually due to not trusting why there is so much income on an account. At most they need confirmation that someone real is on the receiving end, or that the income is based off of legit means. In that case, explaining you run a google-like service is your best option. You may not gain anything from doing so, but hey, at least you tried.

VictorRudenko
12-12-2010, 09:08 PM
When you submit money to a site with Paypal isn't that gifting/donating? How can a person demand a refund or make a claim on that? That can't be the reason for losing Paypal access.

mrnobody
12-12-2010, 09:11 PM
When you submit money to a site with Paypal isn't that gifting/donating? How can a person demand a refund or make a claim on that? That can't be the reason for losing Paypal access.

buyer/donor is always right, that's the policy anyway.

Slickerey
12-12-2010, 09:14 PM
buyer/donor is always right, that's the policy anyway.

This.

SeX recently lost access to their PayPal account. Trackers can't use anything but PayPal unless their host accepts other methods of payment, such as AlertPay, Moneybookers, etc.

ScottK
12-12-2010, 09:24 PM
anything that doesnt provide ship # number / non-bills > lose claim / dispute
maybe tracker should start make bills for donation? :happy:

whatcdfan
12-13-2010, 03:11 AM
there are numerous reasons for that but all that reasons tunnel down to the one common root of illegality

Xbox_360
12-13-2010, 03:28 AM
I really think paypal should not be giving money back from donations. Donations are to help whoever or whatever you are donating to. There is no service or item you get from donating except that trackers add an incentive like added upload and being exempt from a ban from low ratio etc. Yes ScottK they could do that but when you use paypal to sell goods and services paypal takes a piece of the pie, with donations I don't think they do.

ElitUser
12-13-2010, 04:10 AM
Torrent sites are illegal, the torrent sites we are using they do not have the legal rights to make a connection between lots of p2p bittorrent user to share the copyrighted content between them. illegality is the main issue of a torrent site for losing their paypal account.

anon
12-13-2010, 04:18 AM
Torrent sites are illegal

Torrent sites per se aren't illegal, just like the BitTorrent protocol and its clients are not, either. It'd be the fact copyrighted content is or can be distributed using the tracker that's illegal (and this may depend on each country's laws), but try telling PayPal all that. :idunno:

the torrent sites we are using they do not have the illegal rights

:unsure:

ElitUser
12-13-2010, 04:45 AM
Torrent sites per se aren't illegal, just like the BitTorrent protocol and its clients are not, either. It'd be the fact copyrighted content is or can be distributed using the tracker that's illegal (and this may depend on each country's laws), but try telling PayPal all that. :idunno:

I was meant for those tracker who dose not have rights for distributing the copyrighted content.

the torrent sites we are using they do not have the illegal rights:unsure:

ahh, that was my mistake, it would be " legal" instead of "illegal"

VictorRudenko
12-13-2010, 04:48 AM
So if I donated money to the Salvation Army for a tax deduction could I make a claim to get my money back months later :P

anon
12-13-2010, 04:50 AM
I was meant for those tracker who dose not have rights for distributing the copyrighted content.

There are trackers that do have the rights? Where do I sign up? :D

mrnobody
12-13-2010, 04:58 AM
I really think paypal should not be giving money back from donations.

it's legal work. people like you and me wouldn't understand.

ElitUser
12-13-2010, 05:03 AM
^^^ I dont know is there any tracker available who has the legal rights for distributing the copyrighted content over the bittorrent protocol but if any tracker available with legal rights then you need to spent money for signup and downloading.

bijoy
12-13-2010, 06:38 AM
So if I donated money to the Salvation Army for a tax deduction could I make a claim to get my money back months later :P

Better idea.. Just ask me, I'll go with you too. ;)

Rigel9
12-13-2010, 03:15 PM
mabby they spended some to wikileaks^^

Hombre
12-13-2010, 03:40 PM
wikileaks is serious business, trackers no.