PDA

View Full Version : Freeleech on Rutracker ???

RussianNinja
12-24-2010, 01:09 PM
Hi folks!

I just wanna ask someone who more familiar with Rutracker, if there will be a freeleech on this tracker because of Christmas period (hopefully begin: TODAY)?

Where can i get free torrents on that tracker (if there are any of them.. i'm not sure about this)...

I'm downloading this topic, but there's no downloaded amount on my profile for today, is it maybe free torrent?
http://rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3110027

How can i ensure if a torrent is free or not?

Please exlpain me a little carefully, because i'm a noob when it comes to Rutracker.
Thank you in advance guys!

Have a nice Christmas!

whatcdfan
12-24-2010, 01:23 PM
happened with me as well, i downloaded around 1.2 gigs torrent and i just checked it didnt added in my profile either so hopefully thats the case

good to see ya back lad

RussianNinja
12-24-2010, 01:26 PM
it would be great if someone could confirm this :) This would be a greatest Christmas gift :) I like this tracker so much, i wanna build up TB's buffer.. :)

Thanks Whatcdfan, i'm back, yes :)
I had some trouble with what.cd because of my trade thread, but i'm glad i could keep my acc and i can post some comments here as well.. :)

Nice to see you too..

kukushka
12-24-2010, 02:01 PM
orthodox christmas (pravoslavnoe rojdestvo) will be in two weeks, the night from 6th to 7th january.
anyway new year celebration is more popular in russia thanks to communist past.
..anyway at rutracker it's not _that_ hard to keep a decent ratio considering that between other stuff, they encourage non-private torrents, dht etc

whatcdfan
12-24-2010, 02:36 PM
they encourage non-private torrents, dht etc

i did not know that, thanks for the info i will check their forums for further information on this

CleverMan
12-24-2010, 02:43 PM
There is no official freeleech announcement at rutracker atm. And yes, it's very easy to keep ratio so imo there's no need for freeleech at all

RussianNinja
12-24-2010, 03:04 PM
Yes, easy, but i need seedbox for that (my home connection is poor). And i don't understand why my downloaded amount isn't counted. It's like on demonoid, where you can't be sure on ratio :)

Btw.

Can someone tell me, if the torrent i mentioned above was a free torrent or not?
No downloaded amount on that, had i pure luck ???? (i checked today and latest update rows, no amount on there)
How can i ensure if the torrent is free?

anon
12-24-2010, 04:45 PM
I like this tracker so much, i wanna build up TB's buffer.. :)

...and screw the ratios of many other people, in case the whole place isn't in freeleech.

How can i ensure if the torrent is free?

Maybe translate its details page or simply ask in the comments? Chances are someone will reply in English. :idunno:

RussianNinja
12-24-2010, 09:56 PM
Why am i screw up other's ratio????
I'm not cheating, i'm seeding back with seedbox! My buffer means what i already gave to others! It's not a shame or something.

Yes i'm using google chrome with auto translate but still miss the freeleech thing. I guess it won't be any freeleech. Lucky for me, the seed is really easy (usually 2-3 MB/s with my box).

stoi
12-24-2010, 10:03 PM
its not that hard to comprehend, for every time you upload it to 1 ratio so 2, 3, 4 that is one leecher that cant upload to 1 on that torrent, if you then have a ratio of 400 on 1 torrent, then thats 400 members that cant get a 1 ratio, if you then do the same over 100 torrents then thats 4,000 members that cant get a 1 ratio etc etc. (unless they cheat)

anon
12-24-2010, 10:06 PM
Why am i screw up other's ratio????
I'm not cheating, i'm seeding back with seedbox! My buffer means what i already gave to others! It's not a shame or something.

Ratio is a sort of zero-sum game. If you make a 15.0 ratio on a torrent, it means 14 other people weren't able to upload anything.

On a pure ratio tracker, those people would eventually be banned if they don't manage to upload more. Thankfully, most trackers take more relaxed approaches (low ratio requirements, bonus points, What.cd's "required ratio" system, or no ratios whatsoever).

stoi was faster, and that reminds me I forgot to give his site's wonderful SP system as another example :)

RussianNinja
12-24-2010, 10:16 PM
yeah, i like that SP sytem on BCG... and you forgot to tell about pedro's overseeding rule...

BUT...

if i upload to 150 member, than 150 lucky fellow can DOWNLOAD actually from me...
And believe me, if someone don't have a great ratio, he won't download a huge torrent.

That is bittorrent game.

And don't tell me i'm doing something wrong because of i seeding like hell with my box. The more i seed the more people can get the data thanks to my box, and that's the game trackers (mostly of them) allow it!

If you hate seedbox, than it's not my fault.

anon
12-24-2010, 10:18 PM
if i upload to 150 member, than 150 lucky fellow can DOWNLOAD actually from me...
And believe me, if someone don't have a great ratio, he won't download a huge torrent.

That is bittorrent game.

And don't tell me i'm doing something wrong because of i seeding like hell with my box. The more i seed the more people can get the data thanks to my box, and that's the game trackers (mostly of them) allow it!

If you think you're doing things right, then by all means keep it up. After all, most sites don't forbid seedbox whoring, anyway.

stoi
12-24-2010, 10:22 PM
if you are talking to me, I dont hate seedboxes, but our SP was made to combat them for the reasons above (well 1 of many reasons but still 1 of the reasons).

The problem with most SB users is they seed the arse off well leeched torrents, probably never wanting what they are seeding, (I am not talking about the initial uploaders here) for 2 or 3 days, then when the frurore wears off they delete the data never to come back when its like 6 months or more old, and help the leechers out then if they are struggling with low speed on an old torrent. Average Seeding time for 90% of seedbox members is 2 days or so, and really what is the point of having a high ratio.

Now a seedbox member that uploads is fine, a one that stays around after the initial frurore is fine, but those that just upload as much as possible and then bugger off, well those to me are not very good members and are only in it for the ratio for themselves.

Funkin'
12-24-2010, 11:10 PM
After all, most sites don't forbid seedbox whoring, anyway.

Unfortunately.

Most sites should make it a rule. Rule 1. Don't be a douchebag with your seedbox.

Quarterquack
12-24-2010, 11:20 PM
I don't understand how you could possibly need a seedbox on rutracker. I have a severely limited 8kbps upload from my home connection and yet:

Down: 111.48 GB ; Up: 47.42 GB. I can still grab everything I need. Seriously, I cannot comprehend why you would want to whore there of all places.

RussianNinja
12-25-2010, 12:08 AM
if you are talking to me, I dont hate seedboxes, but our SP was made to combat them for the reasons above (well 1 of many reasons but still 1 of the reasons).

The problem with most SB users is they seed the arse off well leeched torrents, probably never wanting what they are seeding, (I am not talking about the initial uploaders here) for 2 or 3 days, then when the frurore wears off they delete the data never to come back when its like 6 months or more old, and help the leechers out then if they are struggling with low speed on an old torrent. Average Seeding time for 90% of seedbox members is 2 days or so, and really what is the point of having a high ratio.

Now a seedbox member that uploads is fine, a one that stays around after the initial frurore is fine, but those that just upload as much as possible and then bugger off, well those to me are not very good members and are only in it for the ratio for themselves.

No Stoi, the message was for Anon :)

I'm fully aware of the whole story.
And i admit: you're right here! Seedbox users are no help for long-time seeders..
This is something only seedbox user can understand why he make things...

I think +100-200 GB buffer is good, +200 Gb is only for e-penis.
Why am i doning then? Because i won't have a good internet after my seedbox expire, so i wanna settle things right here and right now.
+500 GB buffer is fine for the world largest private site, isn't it? :)
I know i don't need that much, but still.. i wanna be a good guy, who 1st: give 2nd: take.

stoi
12-25-2010, 12:15 AM
Ok so just being Devils advocate here you understand.

1: is the buffer so you can hit and run everything intentionally

2: is the buffer because you have a home connection and all the seedboxes bully you out of seeding, you will still try but you know fighting seedboxes is a futile task.

if its 1, then you are definately not a good user in my eyes

if its 2, then arent you not just multiplying the problem by getting a seedbox and doing what those are doing to you, to others?

Quarterquack
12-25-2010, 12:29 AM
Who the heck convinced you that having a seedbox is tantamount to being a good sharer? The two are mutually exclusive, whether you believe it or not. I share by providing insane retention on rutracker of all places, I think some torrents I'm seeding have been in my client since I joined the tracker. You don't need to upload bytes transiently to feel good about giving back, give back by immortalizing the torrents in your client (as you should with any music, to be honest). I assure you, your connection as abysmal as it may be, doesn't even come within a close enough range to be comparable to mine. And yet, I survive on rutracker.

RussianNinja
12-25-2010, 12:35 AM
Because i can leave the torrent run, but nobody wants from my client. And if this situation holds, i'm not a good user, who can't give back (and my ratio fail and i can't download everything). I don't wanna hit and run, but after weeks passing you don't upload everything, is it worth to try?

That's why i love your SP system... It's a fair game. Tracker tell me what to do, i do it, and everything is ok.

But i like to move along... I don't wanna analyze my torrent behavior, because it's like life: everybody needs to survive, i just one of the torrenters who sometimes grab a seedbox. Thats all. I don't wanna fight against non-seedboxers. Everybody can choose which way he settle things.

My question i can't find an answer:

I downloaded this: **removed**

But no downloaded amount.

What the heck? Was this torrent FREE ?????

Please somebody help me out, why is this?
Are there any free torrents on Rutracker (for example torrents with bigger than 30 GB file size?) ?

anon
12-25-2010, 02:27 AM
Why am i doning then? Because i won't have a good internet after my seedbox expire, so i wanna settle things right here and right now.
+500 GB buffer is fine for the world largest private site, isn't it?

To me it sounds like you plan on buffering the hell out of the place so that you can hit & run from your home connection. :ermm:

If you believe seeding won't be worth the effort because no one will come to take what you've got, think again, that doesn't really happen on RuTracker. I've downloaded a few music packs with little seeders and zero leechers, and thought exactly the same. However, I left those torrents seeding for as long as my computer was running, and someone eventually came to download those albums.

Even if no one comes to leech, you're already doing the tracker a favor by not being an asshole and stopping the torrent (or setting your upload speed limit to 1kB/s) as soon as you get the files.

ringhunter, your upload speed is 8kB/s? Man, that must suck. :( I read a post by you on another thread claiming you've had to seed stuff at that speed, but didn't know it was like that all the time.

Quarterquack
12-25-2010, 03:48 AM
I try to be as patient as possible, and every now and then someone lends me a helping hand. I've had people give me free upload GB's when necessary or allow me to ftp into their seedbox whenever necessary. It's nice of them, to be honest, but it isn't a long term solution by any means. It sucks, too, because some of the material I want cannot be found on NZB's, FTP's or DDL's due to the specific people releasing the material being very dedicated to BT, and no one else really caring about the material too much.

kukushka
12-25-2010, 06:49 AM
After all, most sites don't forbid seedbox whoring, anyway.

Unfortunately.

Most sites should make it a rule. Rule 1. Don't be a douchebag with your seedbox.
the only way that sb owners are becoming a "douchebags" is through current retarded ratio systems. if lazy ass staffers will finally address the issue with something more creative than freeleech things (which ultimately lead to poor retention), it won't be no problem, only benefit

RussianNinja
12-25-2010, 09:45 AM
+500 GB buffer is fine for the world largest private site, isn't it?

To me it sounds like you plan on buffering the hell out of the place so that you can hit & run from your home connection. :ermm:

If you believe seeding won't be worth the effort because no one will come to take what you've got, think again, that doesn't really happen on RuTracker. I've downloaded a few music packs with little seeders and zero leechers, and thought exactly the same. However, I left those torrents seeding for as long as my computer was running, and someone eventually came to download those albums.

Even if no one comes to leech, you're already doing the tracker a favor by not being an asshole and stopping the torrent (or setting your upload speed limit to 1kB/s) as soon as you get the files.

ringhunter, your upload speed is 8kB/s? Man, that must suck. :( I read a post by you on another thread claiming you've had to seed stuff at that speed, but didn't know it was like that all the time.

Not at all!
I will give a try this with my home connection, i don't have other choice! (only hit and run, but i don't want hit&run!)

Anyway: you guys seems to be fighting against something you can't win.. Unfortunately, there are right now seedbox users, buffers, and all kind of other things that are legally against torrent retentions, so i think it's up to each user how it behaves.

stoi
12-25-2010, 10:28 AM
Anyway: you guys seems to be fighting against something you can't win.

As far as I am concerned we did win (or at least winning). BCG SP sytem i meant not this argument lol

RussianNinja
12-25-2010, 01:34 PM
Anyway: you guys seems to be fighting against something you can't win.

As far as I am concerned we did win (or at least winning). BCG SP sytem i meant not this argument lol

Yes of course, sorry, i forgot your SP system.
Indeed, SP is the exception IMO.

I guess i have to contact one of Rutracker's helpdek team member to get my answer of my freeleech question :)

anon
12-25-2010, 04:52 PM
I will give a try this with my home connection, i don't have other choice! (only hit and run, but i don't want hit&run!)

What is "only hit and run" supposed to mean?

Anyway: you guys seems to be fighting against something you can't win..

Your stubbornness? :lol:

Anyway, if RuTracker's support answers back, let us know.

RussianNinja
01-02-2011, 02:40 PM
Freeleech! 1. Jan 2011 - 13. Jan 2011

Hiccup
01-04-2011, 02:09 AM
Wow, thanks for the news! Didn't they go ratio free anyhow/to a time system?

anon
01-04-2011, 02:25 AM
Didn't they go ratio free anyhow/to a time system?

Ratios are still there, the time bonus system is to "buy" the possibility of downloading more torrents than you're allowed per day.

http://filesharingtalk.com/threads/424651-Rutracker-ratio-policy?p=3514522&viewfull=1#post3514522

Hiccup
01-04-2011, 06:44 AM
Didn't they go ratio free anyhow/to a time system?

Ratios are still there, the time bonus system is to "buy" the possibility of downloading more torrents than you're allowed per day.

http://filesharingtalk.com/threads/424651-Rutracker-ratio-policy?p=3514522&viewfull=1#post3514522

Thanks for the post. I appreciate the clarity, since I thought I understood Rutracker's system fairly well. It's kind of a semi-ratio free tracker, or kind of like demonoid in a sense.

RussianNinja
01-06-2011, 09:02 PM
There is a strange system.
They count both downloaded and uploaded amount.
So don't panic if you see you got on today's row for example 20 GB download and 50 GB upload credit!

Your 20 GB download credit won't be added to the total downloaded credit.
Your 50 GB upload credit WILL be added to the total uploaded credit.

:)

RussianNinja
01-08-2011, 10:07 AM
about speed: QUITE GOOD !!!!

10 MB/s constant upload speed

2 days = 1 TB ... :)

PooBar
01-08-2011, 10:09 PM
stats aren't reordered until you get to something like 6gig download, how do you know how much you have uploaded/downloaded ? ,you have to add it up in your head or write it down.
this is what i had to do when i first joined