PDA

View Full Version : Utorrent installation problem

rey
01-01-2011, 01:57 AM
I have a problem with utorrent. I just restarted utorrent, and it does not open up. The error comes up "it seems like utorrent is already running, but not responding. Please close all utorrent processses and try again. I have killed the processes and tried installing new versions and still the same error comes. Any ideas?

anon
01-01-2011, 03:56 AM
Sometimes uTorrent randomly shows a dialog box with a "if you paid for this, you've been scammed" message during startup - which is created in the background and doesn't show up in the taskbar. :pinch:

That makes it look like you started it and nothing happened, at the same time its process is running. Try running it again and alt-tabbing to that dialog box.

rey
01-01-2011, 05:21 PM
I dont think alt tabbing will work since its linux.

anon
01-01-2011, 05:38 PM
I dont think alt tabbing will work since its linux.

Linux doesn't have Alt+Tab? :unsure:

Cabalo
01-01-2011, 07:05 PM
If you are running uTorrent via Wine, then you should check if you are not running different instances of wine under other credentials.

rey
01-01-2011, 07:19 PM
If you are running uTorrent via Wine, then you should check if you are not running different instances of wine under other credentials.

Yes i am running it through wine, so how do i check that? I type ps -aux and all the time i open utorrent it says defunct utorrent in ps -aux

Thelen
01-02-2011, 04:41 AM
Give command for how you started uTorrent.