PDA

View Full Version : T-a

slide45
01-02-2011, 02:51 AM
just curious is TA allowed to sell invites? if you brought an invite wouldn't you get banned? or is this just helping raise money for all the private trackers out there.

Quarterquack
01-02-2011, 03:14 AM
The way private trackers raise money is by donations. What TA does is strictly prohibited by the vast majority of private sites out there. If you want in some place, I'd suggest you socialize, and/or stick around here. This forum does have an invite section, after all (albeit, one that you aren't privy to accessing, yet).

slide45
01-02-2011, 03:32 AM
thanks, just wanted to reassure myself, haven't been on the torrent sites for a few years.

anon
01-02-2011, 03:42 AM
just curious is *** allowed to sell invites? if you brought an invite wouldn't you get banned?

Absolutely not, and any tracker that finds out you bought your way in will probably ban you, as well as your inviter's whole tree. Furthermore, trackers don't receive any of the revenue sellers make. That and the fact they profit from invites meant to be given for free, and to people you trust, make me (and many others) have a strong dislike of such practices.

whatcdfan
01-02-2011, 08:28 AM
great, people have made a business out of private torrenting

btw this is a very cheap act to sell out the invites which are meant to be given away to the people one know well, those who share the same interests thus helping the community part of private torrenting

Private trackers should take a step forward to hunt down these idiots who sell the invites and thus spoiling the phenomenon involved in the private torrenting

whatcdfan
01-02-2011, 08:37 AM
There are other more respectable (or i should say reasonable) ways of earning your living, you just have to explore the potential you have

btw it was just my opinion, do whatever you feel like after all its your life

hagckz0r
01-02-2011, 09:26 AM
@fizin your posts sound like the ones of a robot :/ :D

bijoy
01-02-2011, 10:47 AM

after 2 sucj posts its amezing for me to see that you are not yet banned. :huh:

ScottK
01-02-2011, 11:11 AM
mod have real life too

Cabalo
01-02-2011, 02:50 PM
mod have real life too

True. He is gone now.

On topic: stay the fuck away from such sites. I will edit the thread's title, as I don't want FST to serve as an indirect promoter of their practices.

RussianNinja
01-02-2011, 03:19 PM
Money has nothing to do with torrent! (except tracker donations by your choice and free will)
Torrent is designed for free file sharing !!!

Cabalo
01-02-2011, 03:34 PM
Tell that to the traders. :rolleyes:

Intr4ns1t
01-02-2011, 03:47 PM
tell that to the traders. :rolleyes:

oh, snap!

anon
01-02-2011, 05:13 PM
On topic: stay the fuck away from such sites. I will edit the thread's title, as I don't want FST to serve as an indirect promoter of their practices.

Good idea, I've also edited the URL in my quote, which I made the mistake of keeping in the first place.

Quarterquack
01-02-2011, 05:15 PM
Good idea, I've also edited the URL in my quote, which I made the mistake of keeping in the first place.

Funny, I was just about to shoot you a pm to get you to do it, but you even beat me to it. (Anything to make Cabalo's job easier, I suppose).
Anyway, I edited my post, as well.

anon
01-02-2011, 05:23 PM
Funny, I was just about to shoot you a pm to get you to do it, but you even beat me to it. (Anything to make Cabalo's job easier, I suppose).

I live in the future! :lol:

Quarterquack
01-02-2011, 05:38 PM
I live in the future! :lol:

New year's bad puns still affecting you, ole' chap? :shifty:

anon
01-02-2011, 05:56 PM
I don't think my timezone's the best to play that card. :blushing:

bijoy
01-02-2011, 06:51 PM
mod have real life too

True. He is gone now.

well, you forgot to edit my quoted post.. I, myself edited that.. :)

tell that to the traders. :rolleyes:

oh, snap!

may be you can help too. :P