PDA

View Full Version : Is there any Waffles staff here which I can talk to, since I just get kicked from IRC

Night0wl
01-08-2011, 05:18 PM
Edit: Issue has been solved

--------

I have been banned from Waffles for "Staff abuse" and am not able to neither state my case or ask for a second chance in help channel.

All I got was someone named radicaldino saying: "RainMaker: you are banned for staff abuse." RainMaker being my username on there obviously. Then I got kicked. Upon autojoining 5 seconds later and asking about this all I got was "being kicked is not an invitation to rejoin" and was kicked again.

Obviously I probably said something on Thursday night, I distinctly remember getting quite interested in some thread regarding a possible seed bonus. After posting in it a few times I noticed it was locked and not only that, every post of mine but the latest was poof gone into thin air. Another poster, who had been replying, looked like a raving schizophrenic discussing points with himself, with no counterpart.

I then wrote staff saying that they might as well delete the last post as well, being the post was pointless, when the other posts were gone.

I have no idea how this constitutes "staff abuse", but since it is what it is, I would very much like to ask for a second chance here, where I am allowed to state my case.

I am very very sorry for everything that I have done to make you think I deserve this ban. I ask your forgiveness and plea to be given a second chance. If I'm sucvh a nuisance on the forums, then feel free to take away my posting rights, rather than this complete ban. I seed what I download and even have a 1.00+ ratio, so obviously my posting is more of a problem.

Pretty please with sugar on top :)

Love and best wishes

NightOwl AKA RainMaker on Waffles

senegal
01-08-2011, 05:27 PM
posting on tracker forums and FST, you risk being kicked out.

anon
01-08-2011, 05:30 PM
posting on tracker forums and FST, you risk being kicked out.

That's a pretty stupid statement. As if there was something wrong with posting on FST. You aren't risking anything if you don't do anything stupid here, for example trading your invites. I recall Idol got banned from a couple of places just for staffing here, however.

NightOwl, that's the first time I hear of someone getting banned for "staff abuse". I'm not sure there are any Waffles staff members here but I hope you get it solved. :)

Bionic
01-08-2011, 05:40 PM
Let me tell you one thing:

Move on.

Night0wl
01-08-2011, 05:44 PM
I have nowhere to move on to. What doesn't allow Vuze, Waffles does. While the two smaller lossless trackers are great, easy to seed and have lots of great content, fact is that without Waffles I will be missing out on some great lossless releases.

ScottK
01-08-2011, 05:48 PM
speak your opinion and get ban? seems familiar.. :pinch:

IdolEyes787
01-08-2011, 05:49 PM
All I see on the site recommended to do is join the help channel and wait to get your "problem" solved .
Other than that and it's a poor substitute, people who have been banned for innocuous reasons seem to be able to be re-invited . http://filesharingtalk.com/threads/422423-Banned-from-tracker...Possibility-of-getting-back-in?highlight=banned+Waffles
(http://filesharingtalk.com/threads/422423-Banned-from-tracker...Possibility-of-getting-back-in?highlight=banned+Waffles)If you need to go that route just tell me as I have a bunch of invites burning a hole in my pocket anyway and would certainly trust you with one.
(http://filesharingtalk.com/threads/422423-Banned-from-tracker...Possibility-of-getting-back-in?highlight=banned+Waffles)

Bionic
01-08-2011, 05:51 PM
Yeah. Is this or that.

anon
01-08-2011, 05:52 PM
Other than that and it's a poor substitute, people who have been banned for innocuous reasons seem to be able to be re-invited .

You must have permission from the staff to go that way; the re-enablement process precisely involves giving them the invite link on IRC so that they re-enable your old account.

Night0wl
01-08-2011, 05:59 PM
I believe anon is correct here. That offer is for people who are dragged unwillingly into something constituting a ban, but they personally have no part in the reason i.e. a third party is at fault.

I do thank you very much for the offer though and if that becomes a viable route, I will take you up on it.

IdolEyes787
01-08-2011, 06:06 PM
I guess your best hope then ,failing to connect with someone associated with Waffles here , is to join the IRC when someone more reasonable is overseeing it.
Btw I'm not overly concerned with anything "bad' happening to my account there ( I just got a iPod touch for Christmas but I'm not a big music downloader ) so don't let that dissuade you if I can help.

Night0wl
01-08-2011, 06:17 PM
Even so I prefer not to get anyone else in trouble for something I've done, also I had lots of points and a small buffer, allowing me to at least most of the time grab what
I wanted. Nor do I want to forever live in fear that whatever I build on a new account might be gone again at any minute.

The only good thing about a new account, would be using my usual nick, which again would kinda defeat the purpose :lol:

I was kinda overly paranoid upon the OiNK closure, hence the different name.

Quarterquack
01-08-2011, 07:57 PM
You can use Rutracker until better days come around. It has nearly everything I've ever searched for.

Night0wl
01-08-2011, 08:47 PM
I was able to speak to someone in IRC now, so hopefully things are looking up. Seems I managed to really offend some staff in my drunken posts and my case has to be discussed with that someone. I do not specifically know exactly what I wrote or how I worded it, but I do know what issue lead to my banning. It is really not the place to discuss further here.

Even if I don't get enabled again, I at least know the specific reason which lead to the ban now.

Guess I just went there at a bad time before.

Duckater
01-08-2011, 09:38 PM
I am glad they have listened to your case and you are it appears being treated fairly.
If the person decides you have offended them to an extent that the ban is deserved then at least one thing has been established drink torrenting is a crime and deservers a driving ban in the fore mentioned sites where driving took place :lol:

anon
01-08-2011, 09:46 PM
drink torrenting is a crime

http://filesharingtalk.com/threads/338197-Bittorrent-Alcohol-Disaster :lol:

IdolEyes787
01-08-2011, 09:59 PM
Seems I managed to really offend some staff in my drunken posts and my case has to be discussed with that someone. I do not specifically know exactly what I wrote or how I worded it, but I do know what issue lead to my banning.

You know unless it was some sort of indefensible racial slur like referring to ovens being a good solution to certain problems ,I don't see why you merely being a drunken cawk should factor into your continuing membership there .
Hell who hasn't been deeply offended by someone on the internet ? I think part of the job description of mod is that you are supposedly mature enough to be able to put petty retribution aside and look at the bigger picture.

Edit : Sorry forget the last part. I have been drinking and momentarily forgot I was talking about bt trackers here.

Oh yeah and while I'm at it , fuck right fucking off NightOwl.

Duckater
01-08-2011, 10:16 PM

I remember that thread :)

Night0wl
01-08-2011, 10:16 PM
Just to be clear it wasn't any racial slur or anything like that. If you want I can tell you exactly in PM, but I really don't want to discuss it any further in public here. Especially since if said staff member is in a better mood now, I might have a shot at getting re-enabled. Even if they decide to take away my posting privileges, I will at least still have my account and be able to download&/seed the great stuff on there.

Edit: Oh.. and idoleyes: Fuck you too :P
I would take your advise if I had someone to fuck right now. Instead I'm afraid it's going to be the usual get drunk with friend and play GT5 or FIFA into the night.

Edit2: My offense was nowhere close to what cheeseman did.

Edit3: And I'm back baby :)

bijoy
01-09-2011, 04:28 PM

Anther bittorrent unique..
Sadly, I missed that live show..
Reading that thread now i slike watching reply of EPL

anon
01-09-2011, 05:24 PM
Edit3: And I'm back baby :)

Great to hear that! :)

Did you get to keep your posting privileges?

Anther bittorrent unique..
Sadly, I missed that live show..

Makes sense, considering the thread was started before you joined. I'd have missed it too (in my lurker days), if someone hadn't linked me to it on ICQ.

Night0wl
01-09-2011, 10:35 PM
Great to hear that! :)

Did you get to keep your posting privileges?

I actually only lost them for one month, so even better than I could ever have hoped for :)

1000possibleclaws
01-09-2011, 10:39 PM
Well this sucks, I just invited a friend who uses Vuze onto What.cd

Night0wl
01-09-2011, 10:48 PM
Well they don't seem intent on changing their minds, so either he has to change to uTorrent, or rather become a Waffles member.

If it is someone you really trust and don't have an invite to there, then I might be able to help.

anon
01-09-2011, 11:12 PM
Well this sucks, I just invited a friend who uses Vuze onto What.cd

Tell him to run uTorrent for What.cd. Make that Halite if he thinks uT is evil. It's sad, but that's how it is, and it doesn't look like it'll change anytime soon, so it's their way or Waffles the highway.

Chief_Garbonzo
01-10-2011, 05:54 AM
Why do people still use Vuze?!? I fix computers on the side as extra income, and 75% of them I have to fix because of virus/spyware/trojan etc were all contracted through using Vuze. After speaking to my clients about it, some of them even swear up & down they never visited a public tracker... but I dunno.

p.s. Congrats on getting back in! Happy endings ftw! :D

anon
01-10-2011, 06:02 AM
Why do people still use Vuze?!? I fix computers on the side as extra income, and 75% of them I have to fix because of virus/spyware/trojan etc were all contracted through using Vuze.

I wonder how you can contact malware through Vuze and how it differs from getting junk using any other client. :unsure:

The client's very good, by the way. And cross-platform.

dannyyelly
01-10-2011, 06:16 AM
Why do people still use Vuze?!? I fix computers on the side as extra income, and 75% of them I have to fix because of virus/spyware/trojan etc were all contracted through using Vuze.

I wonder how you can contact malware through Vuze and how it differs from getting junk using any other client. :unsure:

The client's very good, by the way. And cross-platform.

wondering about the same thing.. those people might have gotten viruses/malware through free pr0n sites or something and they did not want to admit that..

whatcdfan
01-11-2011, 01:13 PM
Why do people still use Vuze?!? I fix computers on the side as extra income, and 75% of them I have to fix because of virus/spyware/trojan etc were all contracted through using Vuze. After speaking to my clients about it, some of them even swear up & down they never visited a public tracker... but I dunno.

p.s. Congrats on getting back in! Happy endings ftw! :D

I am wondering, how does other clients search and filter the malwares?

Tokeman
01-11-2011, 03:41 PM
You can get spyware/malware anywhere, but I doubt you can blame a torrent client itself. Sometimes though, its not even the end users fault. I myself have been infected going to a legitimate site, that had legitimate advertising popups, but one of their advertisers sites was infected, so when the popup appeared, boom, infected. I work on computers all day for a living cleaning this garbage up.

I do prefer utorrent though as it is less resource intensive last time I tried vuze.