PDA

View Full Version : HDBits Surprise [ It's over now, invites again closed ]

ScottK
01-09-2011, 06:31 PM
so, this is the surprise.. :happy:

Invites open - 09/01/11

For the next 8 hours a good portion of you (>1 year >200GB download) will be able to use the 2 invites you have been given to invite any friends who've been desperate for an account.
Use them wisely (that means only inviting people you know, please)!

http://image.bayimg.com/kadkaaada.jpg

bijoy
01-09-2011, 06:33 PM
Sounds good for the users who know present hdb users.. :)

anon
01-09-2011, 06:35 PM
Let the trading rush begin.

bijoy
01-09-2011, 06:36 PM
Let the trading rush begin.

I'm also waiting to see the number of new threads in trading section :P

PerMaFrOsT
01-09-2011, 06:37 PM
Great knews for those who have invites :happy:

dannyyelly
01-09-2011, 06:39 PM
any hdbits members here (who wont trade :D)

KFlint
01-09-2011, 06:40 PM
Good news for those genuinely interested in joining, I'll just stick with my usual sources.

Quarterquack
01-09-2011, 06:51 PM
Was there any doubt really? With the pruning and all the "surprise" had to be open invites. Oh, well. Good luck to those joining, the site could use a little bit of fresh blood here and there.

bijoy
01-09-2011, 06:55 PM
Was there any doubt really? With the pruning and all the "surprise" had to be open invites. Oh, well. Good luck to those joining, the site could use a little bit of fresh blood here and there.

And you missed one part: lots of traders & collectors..
People inviting themselves, bla bla..

Cabalo
01-09-2011, 06:57 PM
Oddly, I'm not being able to access their site. :eyebrows:

anon
01-09-2011, 06:59 PM
And you missed one part: lots of traders & collectors..
People inviting themselves, bla bla..

By being selective about who gets invites, they still keep their l33tness. And people may think it twice before breaking their rules. :O

OK, some will do it twice and still think "yes" every time, but what can be done about it. If they remain closed, invites can be sold for good coin, given the place's rarity and quality. If they open, they'll get traders, collectors and dupes. It's a bit of a dilemma.

Cabalo
01-09-2011, 06:59 PM
Working now, but slow as feck.

IdolEyes787
01-09-2011, 07:04 PM
... any friends who've been desperate for an account.

:unsure:
I try to keep the things that I'm desperate for limited to the necessities of life and new episodes of Gossip Girl Dexter.

Btw please explain the point of this thread again.

No need to be so hard on yourself.Not everyone can be Einstein.

bijoy
01-09-2011, 07:06 PM

think about the amount of active users in their site atm.. :lol:

PerMaFrOsT
01-09-2011, 07:06 PM
Well, we will have a funny afternoon over FST :lol:

Quarterquack
01-09-2011, 07:07 PM

Trendy people that watch movies on laptop screens while tucked into their beds thinking they need an HD movie to enjoy the darkness and quietness of their mothers' basements?

That and to alert the few that actually have proper setups in their own basements that a tracker that could provide material that goes into said basement is taking in members.

P.S. Good lord, now even HDB's forums are going to turn into shit with incessant spammers. There goes the no-rate-that-avatar-threads streak.

dannyyelly
01-09-2011, 07:08 PM
actually its 12.30am here... but still here at FST..:fst:

Waddafocky
01-09-2011, 07:08 PM
Trendy people that watch movies on laptop screens while tucked into their beds thinking they need an HD movie to enjoy the darkness and quietness of their mothers' basements?

How'd you know?

senegal
01-09-2011, 07:14 PM
I wanna make a request.

Quarterquack
01-09-2011, 07:16 PM
How'd you know?

It's what happened when

dvd

became a trend, as well.

IdolEyes787

That and to alert the few that actually have proper setups in their own basements that a tracker that could provide material that goes into said basement is taking in members.

P.S. Good lord, now even HDB's forums are going to turn into shit with incessant spammers. There goes the no-rate-that-avatar-threads streak.

No what's the point of (besides the obvious OP needed to show that he is a member of HDbits - Raban lite) saying that HDbits has briefly opened invites?
Anyone that is in line for an invite is probably going to be offered one without benefit of the announcement and anyone that isn't in line won't stand a chance of receiving one anyway so.....

bijoy

Looks like that!!

I wanna make a request.

Will I ?? :lol:

IdolEyes787
01-09-2011, 07:20 PM
i have ftn account with mail want 2 hdbits invite.:mellow:

hotshot6473
01-09-2011, 07:25 PM
/thread

Cabalo
01-09-2011, 07:25 PM
Ok, you guys can stop now, the invites are closed again.

Invites are disabled for the moment. May never come back

ScottK
01-09-2011, 07:26 PM
Cabalo has 2 invites for sure :naughty:

anon
01-09-2011, 07:27 PM
Ok, you guys can stop now the invites are closed again.

That was fast.

Cabalo
01-09-2011, 07:27 PM
Cabalo had 2 invites for sure :naughty:

Fixed. :happy:

Quarterquack
01-09-2011, 07:28 PM
Invites closed - 09/01/11

Congrats to all you new users who got an account

Just ruining for everyone who hasn't heard.

And Idoleyes, well yes, I hadn't seen it your way, but I will agree. Not entirely, though. A lot of people who got invites had no one in mind to send it to. I knew many people that went around asking/looking around for people to invite, because they're just there for the site and not the social/invite aspect. Those people would have gladly invited someone "random"/not "in line" if given the chance.

IdolEyes787
01-09-2011, 07:28 PM

In that case I'd like to request one please.

dannyyelly
01-09-2011, 07:29 PM
well, now it is not a surprise!
they did something like this before too, right?

bijoy

It was too fast.. not 8 hours, but 1 hour (may-be)...
btw, how many hdbits staffs are looking in this site while they are open?? :unsure:

ScottK

probably because of selling, read some report on #hdbits about torrentinvites.org & inviteshare

IdolEyes787
01-09-2011, 07:32 PM

Neither is it a surprise that they closed it way before they said that they were going to.:ermm:
Welcome to HDbits all the new traders and sellers and everyone else can fuck off.
Again a job well done staff.

dannyyelly
01-09-2011, 07:33 PM

probably because of selling, read some report on #hdbits about torrentinvites.org & inviteshare

i dont want to say this, but i am gonna, "fuck all the traders"!!

anon
01-09-2011, 07:33 PM

I may be wrong but when they were going to open in late 2009 they never actually got around to doing that, because of all the "I trade/sell HDBits invites when they open" threads.

Cabalo
01-09-2011, 07:36 PM
Last time they were open was around late 2007, if I'm not wrong.

IdolEyes787
01-09-2011, 07:38 PM

I may be wrong but when they were going to open in late 2009 they never actually got around to doing that, because of all the "I trade/sell HDBits invites when they open" threads.

And by remaining inaccessible they expected the "demand" to die away in the interim. OK right .
Listen clearly I'm an idiot but isn't it apparent what is really going on here.

snap3r
01-09-2011, 07:40 PM
Just when i was about to be invited the invites closed :(

dannyyelly
01-09-2011, 07:41 PM

And by remaining inaccessible they expected the "demand" to die away in the interim. OK right .
Listen clearly I'm an idiot but isn't it apparent what is really going on here.

apparently not to them!!
wouldn't open signups for some time be better than invites, as invites will bring more traders..(which is what i think, but hey what do i know :()

anon
01-09-2011, 07:41 PM
Best thread evar since ScT shut down.

wouldn't open signups for some time be better than invites, as invites will bring more traders..(which is what i think, but hey what do i know :()

And open signups will attact many, many more traders.

dannyyelly
01-09-2011, 07:44 PM

i have to ask, is this tracker really great, or hyped one because of lack of invites/signups?

Best thread evar since ScT shut down.

And open signups will attact many, many more traders.

but they can ban when ip changes.. how traders can trade accounts?

PerMaFrOsT
01-09-2011, 07:45 PM

Neither is it a surprise that they closed it way before they said that they were going to.:ermm:
Welcome to HDbits all the new traders and sellers and everyone else can fuck off.
Anyway, this way to go isnīt fair for decent users like me who want to invite 2 friends and canīt because they only give less than 1 hour for that...

Cabalo
01-09-2011, 07:47 PM
Anyway, this way to go isnīt fair for decent users like me who want to invite 2 friends and canīt because they only give less than 1 hour for that...

FST does have RSS feeds. :happy:

bijoy
01-09-2011, 07:48 PM

Now you are talking idol.. :fst: and u too :love:

QPD
01-09-2011, 07:49 PM
1. QPD*
2. AndreyReyna
3. anon-sbi+
4. bijoy
5. bott
6. dannyyelly
7. emperorIX
8. gumgum
9. hoodevil
10. Hypatia
11. IdolEyes787
12. jamie
13. kugis
14. loger
15. lovelovelove
16. maxpower76
17. ose
18. ScottK
19. senegal
20. snap3r
21. stan
22. stoi
23. Stvstas
24. t0oL
25. VinX

o/ all!

anon
01-09-2011, 07:50 PM
but they can ban when ip changes.. how traders can trade accounts?

They can still trade with people from their same country. Or use proxies. Or plain create dupes to leech the tracker to death. :idunno:

Add the bit of luck required to have two good friends online during that single hour and we're all set. :lol:

IdolEyes787

Suggest you become staff and sell invites like purportedly others there do.

anon
o/ all!

\o. :happy:

Edit: the amount of current posting activity in this thread is rather high. I can't rely on the doublepost merger, even seconds after making my posts. :(

PerMaFrOsT
01-09-2011, 07:52 PM

Yeah cabalo, but people have to work and do other things during the day. I wonīt do more uploads in HDbits if they didnīt give to me the chance of send at least one invite... Iīm tired of the elitism cloud which involves HDBits

Cabalo
01-09-2011, 07:52 PM
They can still trade with people from their same country. Or use proxies. Or plain create dupes to leech the tracker to death. :idunno:

Add the bit of luck required to have two good friends online during that single hour and we're all set. :lol:

The sent invites haven't expired just because they cancelled the takeinvite.php ;)

ScottK
01-09-2011, 07:54 PM
now people start selling fresh account (from what i read on chan) :lol:

IdolEyes787
01-09-2011, 07:56 PM
Update :

HDbits invite have pm me

I DONT NEED ACC FTN!!! ONLY INV!

Anyone that knows Olny4Djs reputation sees me rest my case.

I really wonder who by closing invites they at HDbites really think that they are already not infested with they are keeping out.

bijoy
now people start selling fresh account (from what i read on chan) :lol:

This is obvious.. :lol:

anon
The sent invites haven't expired just because they cancelled the takeinvite.php ;)

[HAVE] Cookies [WANT] HDBits database entry

dannyyelly

Suggest you become staff and sell invites like purportedly others there do.

now that might explain lack of signups/invites :P

loger
01-09-2011, 07:57 PM
Like they didn't know what would happen....they purposefully said 8 hours knowing they would close it before then.

IdolEyes787
01-09-2011, 08:02 PM
Also as pointed out traders /sellers quickly obtained invites which most of which are no doubt still active awaiting the highest bidder so who do you think will mostly comprise the wonderful new membership of the site?

anon
01-09-2011, 08:03 PM
Most users ever online was 10,317, 10-04-10 at 23:05.

We can break it! We can break it!

[HAVE] Cookies [WANT] HDBits database entry

Or should I say "invite in mail"...

VinX
01-09-2011, 08:03 PM
Like they didn't know what would happen....they purposefully said 8 hours knowing they would close it before then.

that's the whole meaning of surprise in'it ?

Cabalo
01-09-2011, 08:07 PM
Yeah cabalo, but people have to work and do other things during the day. I wonīt do more uploads in HDbits if they didnīt give to me the chance of send at least one invite... Iīm tired of the elitism cloud which involves HDBits

I doubt they will even bother with your threats. Or maybe they will instead disable your account, just for the lulz.

bijoy
01-09-2011, 08:10 PM
Simply saying: opening up invites for 1 hour or less, does not help any good users as most of their friends can't be onlint for 24 hours only searching for hdbits invite system to be opened to all, as they have real life too..
BUT, this helps traders very much, as they are waiting for this particular instant for last 1 week (I guess).. (I don't know whether they care about their real life or not). :lol:

Not being sarcastic, but really saying that most of those users are traders or dupes.. Congrats everyone & hdb staffs who give them the chance to get in and also some opportunities to make a few $$ in future.. :unsure:

Quarterquack
01-09-2011, 08:16 PM
Jesus, it's not that complicated. If you had a friend who wanted an invite, you would send him one to his email. He would get it. Three days later, he can confirm it. Confirmation isn't disabled, just the sending is.

If on the other hand you're a seller looking to cut a deal, you damn sure wouldn't send the invite before you received the payment. Hence the fact that this could have been less harmful than an 8 hour period.

VinX
01-09-2011, 08:20 PM
I have a great Idea... HDBits should delete all their current users ... keep some internal encodes ... invite all traders/ cheaters / sellers and then hand over the site to RIAA ... it'd be awesome!

dannyyelly
01-09-2011, 08:21 PM
what if the seller sends the invite to his(own) mail? and looks like all traders have many email accounts..

anon
01-09-2011, 08:21 PM
Simply saying: opening up invites for 1 hour or less, does not help any good users as most of their friends can't be onlint for 24 hours only searching for hdbits invite system to be opened to all, as they have real life too..
BUT, this helps traders very much, as they are waiting for this particular instant for last 1 week (I guess).. (I don't know whether they care about their real life or not). :lol:

So good users have lives, but traders don't? I must be a trader then.

what if the seller sends the invite to his(own) mail? and looks like all traders have many email accounts..

Create two GMails, send both invites there, and sell the GMail login data. Why not.

dannyyelly
01-09-2011, 08:29 PM

Create two GMails, send both invites there, and sell the GMail login data. Why not.

dont you need to give your phone no. to create an email account?

anon
01-09-2011, 08:34 PM

That's as easy as hell to bypass.

bijoy
01-09-2011, 08:35 PM

did you say that?? :naughty:

how??? teach us!

anon
01-09-2011, 08:38 PM
did you say that?? :naughty:

No, but I did write it. :O

how??? teach us!

I don't want the Google monkeys to patch it. :eyebrows:

dannyyelly
01-09-2011, 08:42 PM

and i am a software engineer.. no wonder i am not getting a job :(:(:(:(

anon
01-09-2011, 08:46 PM
I'm not a hacker either :unsure:

Tokeman
01-09-2011, 08:50 PM
You need a phone number for a gmail acct now? When did this happen?
I missed the invite window too .. and i'm online like 8+ hours a day :P
That was wayyyy to fast of an opening.

anon
01-09-2011, 08:51 PM
You need a phone number for a gmail acct now? When did this happen?

Over one year and a half, as an anti-spam measure. The number of accounts per phone number you can register is limited, also.

Tokeman
01-09-2011, 08:55 PM
Well I guess its good I created like 6 of them back when it was invite only. I never did reach my goal of filling them all up with spam...
Did anyone manage to invite a friend during this 'opening'?

IdolEyes787
01-09-2011, 09:01 PM
Wunza's open for signup :idunno:

http://wunza.ws open for signup

antrax34130
01-09-2011, 09:06 PM
Well I guess its good I created like 6 of them back when it was invite only. I never did reach my goal of filling them all up with spam...
Did anyone manage to invite a friend during this 'opening'?

yea some friends but too late for me i guess...

kukushka
01-09-2011, 09:26 PM

...couldn't see what was the point of closing invites early. every at least half-brained trader was able to activate his invites within seconds anyway

megabyteme
01-09-2011, 09:28 PM

http://wunza.ws open for signup

There's a lot I like about that site. I wish there were more seeders, but the layout and selection are quite nice. Definitely one to keep an eye on!

IdolEyes787
01-09-2011, 09:38 PM

There's a lot I like about that site.

No invite sellers and a dearth of arrogant idiots.

OlegL
01-10-2011, 10:54 AM
Also as pointed out traders /sellers quickly obtained invites which most of which are no doubt still active awaiting the highest bidder so who do you think will mostly comprise the wonderful new membership of the site?
Okay, you are simply wrong here. At least the majority of those people who were invited today, obtained their invites through legitimate means. They were either invited by their friends or by someone else they knew.

IdolEyes787
01-10-2011, 12:05 PM
Okay, you are simply wrong here. At least the majority of those people who were invited today, obtained their invites through legitimate means. They were either invited by their friends or by someone else they knew.

Nice to know that you are shallow enough to again embrace that site after all ( by your own multiple and persistent to the point of annoyance ) posts raging against the injustice of your previous treatment there.
Good HD encodes > pride .I'll file that away if I happen to ever need to make that particular choice .

Intr4ns1t
01-10-2011, 02:01 PM

You are simply wrong here. That is too bold a statement OlegL. Unless you are staff or whatever god of your choosing, you cannot even begin to make such a blanket statement.

bijoy
01-10-2011, 02:57 PM
Unless you are staff or whatever god of your choosing, you cannot even begin to make such a blanket statement.

So, do you think staffs are god??
I guess you don't have sound sleep for last few days or you are too drunk to think..

Intr4ns1t
01-10-2011, 03:32 PM
Unless you are staff or whatever god of your choosing, you cannot even begin to make such a blanket statement.

I guess you don't have sound sleep for last few days or you are too drunk to think..

The use of the word "or", by definition, says quite plainly that I don't think that bijoy. I only drink approx. 3 times a year also, so try not too presume too much of me please :)

OlegL
01-10-2011, 03:44 PM

Nice to know that you are shallow enough to again embrace that site after all ( by your own multiple and persistent to the point of annoyance ) posts raging against the injustice of your previous treatment there.
Good HD encodes > pride .I'll file that away if I happen to ever need to make that particular choice .

I was raging because I was angry that I had been banned, but that doesn't mean I wasn't emotionally attached to the site when I was raging; that's why I never had to go through the process of embracing the site yet again. I like you as a person, IdolEyes787, but you were incorrect when you said that most people who joined the site yesterday were bad.

Intr4ns1t
01-10-2011, 04:02 PM
I like you as a person, IdolEyes787, but you were incorrect when you said that most people who joined the site yesterday were bad.

Where did he say this? He asked you who you thought would comprise the majority of new members.

IdolEyes787
01-10-2011, 04:05 PM
I was raging because I was angry that I had been banned, but that doesn't mean I wasn't emotionally attached to the site when I was raging; that's why I never had to go through the process of embracing the site yet again. I like you as a person, IdolEyes787, but you were incorrect when you said that most people who joined the site yesterday were bad.

I never said that they were "bad" , I merely said that they were maybe traders and/or sellers.

It appears that you are a little confused as to the whole issue of what constitutes "badness" since some people ( even tracker staff :O) fall into the 'bad' category ( as your unfair banning should have, but didn't apparently point out to you) even though their bt rep is lily white.
Anyway hard as it may be for you to believe there are "good" traders and "bad" administrators or do you now think that the idiots that lambasted you on HDbits for simple lack of knowledge are really nice and "good" people now that you are (apparently) back in there.

Btw nothing against you personally OlegL , I appreciate the fact that you forgive people ,even if ( if you are in HDbits again) it appears to me a little contrived.
I personally prefer the movie line " I forgive ,but I don't forget".

anon
01-10-2011, 05:20 PM
At least the majority of those people who were invited today, obtained their invites through legitimate means. They were either invited by their friends or by someone else they knew.

I'd like to know how you know this. :unsure:

Actually Intr4ns1t stated the opposite on another thread. The mere fact of being staff on a tracker that doesn't make you perfect or anything.

ScottK
01-10-2011, 05:42 PM
guys..guys..

Waddafocky
01-10-2011, 05:47 PM
Ladies, please...

BoNeHead
01-10-2011, 05:58 PM
that was fastest closing invites in history :D

bijoy
01-10-2011, 06:56 PM
that was fastest closing invites in history :D

in the history of what??? bittorrent or something else? :unsure:

senegal
01-10-2011, 09:03 PM
humanity's history

Daniel_30
01-10-2011, 09:48 PM
I don't see what the point for this ! some people ready to sell his kids for HDBITS LMAO, grow up please it's just a tracker so if you don't have any experiences on HD encodes try scenehd or chdbits etc... i am really sucked from those kids & hype.

Waddafocky
01-10-2011, 10:05 PM
i am really sucked from those kids
Why are you complaining?

bijoy
01-11-2011, 11:05 AM
some people ready to sell his kids for HDBITS LMAO

did you see any? :huh:

whatcdfan
01-11-2011, 12:47 PM
some trades that were hanging in between for a long time will now eventually be completed, thanks to hdbits staff

Daniel_30
01-11-2011, 03:56 PM
some people ready to sell his kids for HDBITS LMAO

did you see any? :huh:

Personally not yet :ermm:.

i am really sucked from those kids
Why are you complaining?

get a tour on trade forums by using Google and you'll see what i meant, those kids were the reason for what happening on hdbits :sick:.

anon
01-11-2011, 05:41 PM
some trades that were hanging in between for a long time will now eventually be completed, thanks to hdbits staff

And some good users who were waiting a long time to join will also be "completed", thanks to the HDBits staff, too. I dislike their practice of being so shut down (not that it affects me as I'm not a member nor do I intend to join), and I do believe they're increasing the price value of invites and accounts that way, but let's not be so pessimistic. After all, their site, their rules, etc.

IdolEyes787
01-11-2011, 06:19 PM
but let's not be so pessimistic. After all, their site, their rules, etc.

Not speaking specifically to particular cases but like that sort of stupidity should be used as the excuse for anything.

anon
01-11-2011, 06:24 PM
Not speaking specifically to particular cases but like that sort of stupidity should be used as the excuse for anything.

I'm just saying that while some people may not agree with the measures staff at HDBits or other tracker take, in the end those run the place so if people don't like it, they either have the choices of accepting that, discussing it or finding another place.

IdolEyes787
01-11-2011, 08:48 PM
I'm just saying that while some people may not agree with the measures staff at HDBits or other tracker take, in the end those run the place so if people don't like it, they either have the choices of accepting that, discussing it or finding another place.

Language can be a minefield where the best intentions are sometimes lost to the subtleties of interpretation.

Btw I used the Khmer Rouge to avoid the Nazi stereotypical answer to demonstrate the fallacy in sentence because poor analogy or not I doubt /hope you wouldn't think of writing something on the surface similarly agreeably silly like " Their country ,their rules :idunno:" .

PS maybe if you didn't come across as so agreeable and said " Don't like it?Tough. Short of armed revolt there's nothing you or anyone else can do about it ":lol:

anon
01-11-2011, 08:58 PM
PS maybe if you didn't come across as so agreeable and said " Don't like it?Tough. Short of armed revolt there's nothing you or anyone else can do about it ":lol:

The problem is, where are they keeping the guns on HDBits land? :(

Vorx
01-11-2011, 11:46 PM
urgh...didnt make it in :(

anon
01-11-2011, 11:56 PM

Tough luck, pal.

IdolEyes787
01-12-2011, 12:01 AM

Into what?

OlegL
01-12-2011, 01:15 AM

I never said that they were "bad" , I merely said that they were maybe traders and/or sellers.

It appears that you are a little confused as to the whole issue of what constitutes "badness" since some people ( even tracker staff :O) fall into the 'bad' category ( as your unfair banning should have, but didn't apparently point out to you) even though their bt rep is lily white.
Anyway hard as it may be for you to believe there are "good" traders and "bad" administrators or do you now think that the idiots that lambasted you on HDbits for simple lack of knowledge are really nice and "good" people now that you are (apparently) back in there.

Btw nothing against you personally OlegL , I appreciate the fact that you forgive people ,even if ( if you are in HDbits again) it appears to me a little contrived.
I personally prefer the movie line " I forgive ,but I don't forget".

None of them are idiots. They are actually nice people and everyone who posts in the hdbits forums treats me nicely now. Even those people that I used to have a negative opinion about treat me nicely now. People in the irc channel are nice, including staffers. Of course, Firon is the only staffer who's rude to me sometimes and he still klines me from the irc network sometimes, but even he has some qualities that I like. He makes me little bit angry sometimes, but at the same time, he's a logical person. Of course, I haven't met any of those people in real life, so I can only judge their online personalities. But things feel different now.

ScottK
01-12-2011, 01:41 AM
:blow:OlegL... OlegL...

IdolEyes787
01-12-2011, 03:30 AM
None of them are idiots. They are actually nice people and everyone who posts in the hdbits forums treats me nicely now. Even those people that I used to have a negative opinion about treat me nicely now. People in the irc channel are nice, including staffers. Of course, Firon is the only staffer who's rude to me sometimes and he still klines me from the irc network sometimes, but even he has some qualities that I like. He makes me little bit angry sometimes, but at the same time, he's a logical person. Of course, I haven't met any of those people in real life, so I can only judge their online personalities. But things feel different now.

Now I'm really confused as black apparently just became white.
Btw since I doubt that any of the people that you were previously badmouthing have changed in any appreciable way ,I can only guess that you have.:unsure:

Well, I was banned from there in June or July of 2008, which means I was a member there for like 3 or 4 months. :) But I am glad that filesharingtalk.com exists because it allows me to openly bash hdbits/sdbits admins. :) And I explained the reason why I am angry at them: they believe that anyone who has less knowledge than they do about certain things is incredibly stupid and doesn't have a right to belong to their trackers.

PS this is on your permanent record . Suggest in the future you think before you type.

I totally agree. And I totally agree with your comment about me being worthless. But I never said I wanted to join hdbits again. I felt worthless there and felt horrible about it, so I would not want to experience that feeling again. This thread is about the horror I experienced there, but I don't think I ever said that I wanted to join hdbits again. :)

PPS I really don't care that you rejoined HDbits twice now is it , I just would prefer that in the future when if it happens again you don't make similar claims only to again go back on them.

OlegL
01-12-2011, 03:35 AM
Well...

ampere
01-12-2011, 03:37 AM
Dam I wish i could get on there

IdolEyes787
01-12-2011, 03:44 AM
Well...

Well whot ? It took me like 2 minutes to write that so I think I'm entitled to a better answer than that.

Cabalo
01-12-2011, 03:44 AM
Dam I wish i could get on there
Around 2013 should open again for one hour or so. Don't get desperate.

IdolEyes787
01-12-2011, 03:45 AM
Shuddup ,can't you see I'm working here?

anon
01-12-2011, 03:57 AM
Around 2013 should open again for one hour or so. Don't get desperate.

Correct. I know it's the only HD tracker that exists, but hey, it's not the end of the world.

OlegL
01-12-2011, 04:21 AM
Well...

Well whot ? It took me like 2 minutes to write that so I think I'm entitled to a better answer than that.

The fact is that now they don't make fun of me if there are things I don't know.

IdolEyes787
01-12-2011, 01:37 PM

The fact is that now they don't make fun of me if there are things I don't know.

But they did before so what do you think has changed and why?
Are they now more tolerate of you because you are smarter ,because they have been told to be or because having been there a while you are now "part of the club" and so better fit into what their distorted perception views as being acceptable?

Btw I'm fairly certain that if you do answer you will say something like "Well they know me better now so they see that I'm not really such a bad guy" but that provokes the question what sort of person greets everyone new that isn't precisely like them with the attitude that they are less than deserving of respect until proven otherwise?

Course if you can live with hypocrisy the encodes are good.:mellow:

OlegL
01-12-2011, 03:13 PM

But they did before so what do you think has changed and why?
Are they now more tolerate of you because you are smarter ,because they have been told to be or because having been there a while you are now "part of the club" and so better fit into what their distorted perception views as being acceptable?

Btw I'm fairly certain that if you do answer you will say something like "Well they know me better now so they see that I'm not really such a bad guy" but that provokes the question what sort of person greets everyone new that isn't precisely like them with the attitude that they are less than deserving of respect until proven otherwise?

Course if you can live with hypocrisy the encodes are good.:mellow:

Well, you asked interesting questions, but I don't know how to answer them.

IdolEyes787
01-12-2011, 03:48 PM

Yes.No. Idol, what the fuck is wrong with you? :unsure:

Intr4ns1t
01-12-2011, 03:53 PM

For you Idol:

IdolEyes787
01-12-2011, 04:00 PM
Lost causes are the best because there is very little pressure to actually accomplish anything .

OlegL
01-12-2011, 04:12 PM
IdolEyes, the fact is that people on bittorrent trackers are sometimes puzzling. For example, one fst member with the username lukee, who also happens to be an hdbits member, told me on the fst forum to go back to Mininova where, according to what he thinks, I belong. However, now I feel that people on hdbits are nice and I feel I had a wrong perception of them in the past.

IdolEyes787
01-12-2011, 04:19 PM
IdolEyes, the fact is that people on bittorrent trackers are sometimes puzzling.

I don't think that particular trait is restricted to the internet.

Btw

As far as seedboxes are concerned. I consider them to be a bain to swarms everywhere, it's bane ( I no this frum Batman comix ) and I luv u.

bijoy
01-12-2011, 04:23 PM
IdolEyes, the fact is that people on bittorrent trackers are sometimes puzzling. For example, one fst member with the username lukee, who also happens to be an hdbits member, told me on the fst forum to go back to Mininova where,

I guess he don't know that Mininova (was) is not a specialist tracker but a tracker having everything in it. On the otherhand, hdbits is very good for hd materials, but, when you consider the total amount of peers in miminova & hdb, then mininova crushes hdb.

BTW, two questions are coming in my mind: how many times these type of hdbits members masterburate thinking that he she is a hdbits member?
and: When he propose a girl, does he say: "Will you marry me, cause I'm a hdbits member?"
:rolleyes:

Daniel_30
01-12-2011, 04:27 PM
IdolEyes, the fact is that people on bittorrent trackers are sometimes puzzling. For example, one fst member with the username lukee, who also happens to be an hdbits member, told me on the fst forum to go back to Mininova where,

and: When he propose a girl, does he say: "Will you marry me, cause I'm a hdbits member?"

Childish thinking :yup:.

IdolEyes787
01-12-2011, 04:34 PM
I think there are laws against children marrying.

anon
01-12-2011, 04:53 PM

:lol:

OlegL
01-12-2011, 05:35 PM

I guess he don't know that Mininova (was) is not a specialist tracker but a tracker having everything in it. On the otherhand, hdbits is very good for hd materials, but, when you consider the total amount of peers in miminova & hdb, then mininova crushes hdb.

BTW, two questions are coming in my mind: how many times these type of hdbits members masterburate thinking that he she is a hdbits member?

lol

By the way, maybe lukee told me that because Mininova is a public tracker.

Rart
01-12-2011, 05:38 PM

Well actually considering the (not so) recent events, Hdbits probably trumps Mininova in terms of content and peers by leaps and bounds.

Great, well constructed point that makes perfect cents :smilie4:

And Idol, if I were to hazard a guess based on OlegL's general posting habits, I would say he's trolling. I don't think it's possible for that much hipocrisy to be contained in one person. You're talking to a brick wall.

OlegL
01-12-2011, 05:41 PM
Rart, I am not sure I understand what makes me stupid. Please explain to me why you think my posts are stupid.

Rart, now you are yet another person that puzzles me.

Rart
01-12-2011, 06:11 PM
Whoa there buddy, I didn't mean that in any serious sort of manner. I've edited it out if it means that much to you.

If you have any problems with how I post, feel free to express your opinions here in a (normal) manner or PM me. There is no need for new threads, laden with profanity.

And judging from your post history, I think we both know that you're not entirely sincere in these posts. Seems pretty obvious (at least to me) that you're trolling on purpose.

OlegL
01-12-2011, 06:25 PM
Okay, I would like to apologize to you; I think I simply misunderstood you... No, I am not a hypocrite. I was banned; that's why I was angry at every single hdbits staffer. Then I was unbanned; that's why I am not angry at them anymore (though, as I said before, Firon still makes me angry sometimes). It's very simple to understand.
And, yes, you could say that everyone who posts on hdbits forums is nice. I was angry at them before because I was banned; now that I am unbanned, I am not angry at them. It's also simple to understand. Where do you see hypocrisy?

Quarterquack
01-12-2011, 06:43 PM
When you're angry at someone, you aren't angry at what they did, that just initiates/fuels your defenses. You're angry with the capacity that they did what they did. It's one of the founding principles for apologies, which you seem to use pretty aptly based on your previous post. Just because a problem was fixed doesn't mean the issue itself was.

bijoy
01-12-2011, 07:18 PM

There should also be rules against children's membership in trackers. :yup:

VinX
01-12-2011, 10:02 PM

There should also be rules against children's membership in trackers. :yup:

there are ... remember when pussytorrents ask for date of birth ?! lol!

johhny
01-12-2011, 10:09 PM
easy to join in HDbits if you do encodes

anon
01-12-2011, 10:13 PM

I do 240p FLV encodes for my mobile phone. :01:

OlegL
01-14-2011, 12:45 AM
When you're angry at someone, you aren't angry at what they did, that just initiates/fuels your defenses. You're angry with the capacity that they did what they did. It's one of the founding principles for apologies, which you seem to use pretty aptly based on your previous post. Just because a problem was fixed doesn't mean the issue itself was.

Okay, how can I explain it... HDBits makes things for you more interesting. For example, when you are on bit-hdtv, you don't have to upload screenshots if you wanna upload a full BD. But on HDBits, you would always be required to present screenshots no matter what you upload. Bit-hdtv forums are kinda dead; when you make posts on bit-hdtv forums, it's quite likely than no one will ever respond to you. HDBits forums, on the other hand, are lively; people will always respond to you there no matter what you post. The bit-hdtv site is buggy; it's annoying to use it. The HDBits site, on the other hand, doesn't really have any important bugs, as far as I know. Think of chdbits. It's not strictly an hd tracker; it also has DVDs and upscale BDs. If you upload an upscale BD to HDBits, it will get deleted because of the greater quality control that HDBits has. Also, chdbits is a Chinese site and I don't speak Chinese; therefore, I can't write anything on their forums. HDChina? I registered on that site during an open sign-up period; however, after I did it, I couldn't even retrieve my account probably because they had some severe bug! Awesome-hd? It doesn't have full BDs; it only has encodes. Eureka encodes are huge and they are probably inferior to esir/ctrlhd encodes. What other hd sites are there? Well, I kinda feel bad that my hdcorea account was deleted because of inactivity, but they speak Korean and I don't speak it. Scenehd? Hdbits.ro? I don't even remember the reason why I disliked those sites, but I got deleted there because of inactivity. Also, chdbits and bit-hdtv allow remuxes, and HDBits doesn't allow them, so HDBits rules are more consistent. I don't even know what other hd sites I can mention...
As I said earlier, everyone who posts on HDBits forums is nice; they treat each other nicely. The staffers (with one single exception) are also nice. What else can I say?.. We live in a confusing world, and you often don't know what's fair and what's not fair. Therefore, I don't wanna think about what happened to me in the past.
So, I hope you really feel now that I am not a hypocrite.

ScottK
01-14-2011, 01:27 AM
As I said earlier, everyone who posts on HDBits forums is nice; they treat each other nicely.

:argue:

nice? :eyebrows:

OlegL
01-14-2011, 01:55 AM
Yes.

OlegL
01-17-2011, 05:56 AM

But you haven't been a member there for more than a year! Did you forget that one requirement for sending an invite was to be a member of hdbits for at least a year? It's great that you upload stuff to hdbits, but not everyone who uploads stuff to hdbits has a VIP status. Non-VIPs are not allowed to send invites.

Waddafocky
01-17-2011, 06:52 AM
To Thread,

Why are you still alive?

Sincerely,
Anarkial

mjmacky
01-17-2011, 10:20 AM

I just read this whole thread (today), and this post bothered me the most. The only reason I've had any interest in joining is because I am in need of a good source pool, and this is the only place that seems to have what I'm looking for. Usenet hasn't worked out so well as a Bluray or 1080i source. However, being able to encode has not yielded an invite, I believed that at first but now have my doubts, why do you think it makes it easy to join?

To Thread,

Why are you still alive?

Some are late to respond, take me for example, effin' power supply

ScottK
01-17-2011, 10:33 AM
I just read this whole thread (today), and this post bothered me the most. The only reason I've had any interest in joining is because I am in need of a good source pool, and this is the only place that seems to have what I'm looking for. Usenet hasn't worked out so well as a Bluray or 1080i source. However, being able to encode has not yielded an invite, I believed that at first but now have my doubts, why do you think it makes it easy to join?

how about post some on forum (tracker) and make friend? if you not actively encode, just another suggestion

IdolEyes787
01-17-2011, 01:04 PM

how about post some on forum (tracker) and make friend? if you not actively encode, just another suggestion

I thought we already covered the part about creating pseudo-friendships for the express purpose of trying to get into certain bt trackers as being both a really silly and an especially low thing to do.

Seriously if you have so little opinion of yourself and others ( or conversely inexplicably so great an opinion of certain trackers ) to "target" people and so few ethics then just trade or buy yourself an account and save yourself some time and all involved the associated grief.

Waddafocky
01-17-2011, 01:11 PM
just trade or buy yourself an account and save yourself some time and all involved the associated grief.
This.

IdolEyes787
01-17-2011, 01:18 PM
Besides the torrents I hear everyone is "very nice " so it's definitely worth it.*

* Disclaimer
Very nice only applying to that particular site .Exact same individuals assume no responsibility to be as nice anyplace else.
"Nice" also not to be confused with reasonable or generous .

ScottK
01-17-2011, 03:00 PM
I thought we already covered the part about creating pseudo-friendships for the express purpose of trying to get into certain bt trackers as being both a really silly and an especially low thing to do.

its worth the pain

IdolEyes787
01-17-2011, 04:01 PM
Maybe to the person who does it but not to the rest of the people at the places that have to deal with such insincere dimwits.

I don't ask very much of people online but the minimum for "friendship" is not to have to question their motivation for being " nice" to me .

ScottK
01-17-2011, 04:13 PM
http://media.bigoo.ws/content/image/funny/funny_194.jpg

anon. maybe mbm.

dannyyelly
01-17-2011, 04:25 PM
:ghey:

bijoy
01-17-2011, 04:58 PM
http://media.bigoo.ws/content/image/funny/funny_194.jpg

anon. maybe mbm.

:pimp::fear2:

anon
01-17-2011, 05:33 PM
To Thread,

Why are you still alive?

Sincerely,
Anarkial

Hello Anarkial,

I'm about HDBits. That should be enough of a reason.

Best regards,
Thread (using my anon-sbi account)

mjmacky
01-17-2011, 06:04 PM
Seriously if you have so little opinion of yourself and others ( or conversely inexplicably so great an opinion of certain trackers ) to "target" people and so few ethics then just trade or buy yourself an account and save yourself some time and all involved the associated grief.

At whom did you aim this remark? I don't believe in buying your way in by paying an individual, which is all I have to say about that. Just need more things to encode, I shell out enough money for getting my own sources, I don't have the kind of money to throw away for an invite purchase. So anyway, that wasn't the point I was making.

I had heard before that most welcome encoders, but I haven't found that sentiment to exist in a real way, it's just something you hear. I didn't see a point in making a thread about it, because I wasn't under the impression any HDBits staffers or VIPs would entertain that, let alone visit FST threads about it. Well at least my pessimism made that point.

IdolEyes787
01-18-2011, 12:36 AM

At whom did you aim this remark?

Scott K and I was being facetious about the invite buying part.
Anyway if you either foolish or bored enough to find them you will see that I'm very much in agreement of the fallacy of being "qualified" as simply being "good" enough to get you into certain sites . It's all still a matter of a few people liking to maintain control over a vast majority of others . Some people who are "qualified " don't get in and some who are not easily do, all at the whim of those with the power.
Which is fine btw except for the underlying hypocrisy in telling the world otherwise.

mjmacky
01-18-2011, 03:33 AM
And it's too bad, because I'm good, really good, and I feel like I'm wasting talent and clock cycles on System Idle Process
I can't watch the FUZZY Daily Shows, I wouldn't be so frustrated if someone just put out the 1080i's already... ::sigh::
Oh, IdolEyes, in case you want to rehash video quality arguments, we already did that, so I'm just reminding you that I get distracted and irritated by unnecessary artefacts (remember I detest the lingering use of XVID).

Waddafocky
01-18-2011, 05:02 AM
And it's too bad, because I'm good, really good, and I feel like I'm wasting talent and clock cycles on System Idle Process
I can't watch the FUZZY Daily Shows, I wouldn't be so frustrated if someone just put out the 1080i's already... ::sigh::
Oh, IdolEyes, in case you want to rehash video quality arguments, we already did that, so I'm just reminding you that I get distracted and irritated by unnecessary artefacts (remember I detest the lingering use of XVID).
I don't see why you can apply your talent somewhere else. Nobody made their first performance at Carnegie Hall, and obviously the analogy falls apart as soon as you consider that HDBits has no bearing on fine art or just art in general, but you see my point.

OlegL
01-18-2011, 06:50 AM
It seems to me, IdolEyes, that you feel that the hdbits staff made some wrong decisions, trying to solve the problem of invite selling. You feel that closing the invitation system is not the solution to this problem. Do you know a better way to solve this problem?.. On January 9th, the hdbits staff made a sincere effort to bring more people in, and the result of that effort was 1,000 new people registered at the site.

mjmacky
01-18-2011, 10:06 PM
I don't see why you can apply your talent somewhere else. Nobody made their first performance at Carnegie Hall, and obviously the analogy falls apart as soon as you consider that HDBits has no bearing on fine art or just art in general, but you see my point.
No no you are missing my main point. I am releasing at another site at the moment, but primarily to Usenet. The time that I'm wasting is lack of encoding because I don't have any good SOURCES. My interest in HDBits is their sources. I'm not trying to debut as an encoder there or anything. My encodes are solid, and I want them to be universally accessible, not niche. Usenet is technically both universal and niche, so maybe I'll find some advice from someone there, who are used to distro (gotta be an easier way). And as I have mentioned before... the sources, oh the sources.

ScottK
01-18-2011, 10:31 PM
go to IRC with link sample of your encode. idk, it just come to my mind. maybe that one way they will see you

mjmacky
01-18-2011, 10:35 PM
go to IRC with link sample of your encode. idk, it just come to my mind. maybe that one way they will see you

You mean their support channel? Where the first reply would be something along the lines of "this channel is for members only, or users with account problems"

ScottK
01-18-2011, 10:47 PM
OlegL, give him your advice

mjmacky
01-18-2011, 10:49 PM
hahaha!

IdolEyes787
01-19-2011, 03:24 AM
It seems to me, IdolEyes, that you feel that the hdbits staff made some wrong decisions, trying to solve the problem of invite selling. You feel that closing the invitation system is not the solution to this problem. Do you know a better way to solve this problem?.. On January 9th, the hdbits staff made a sincere effort to bring more people in, and the result of that effort was 1,000 new people registered at the site.

What I think to be right and what is actually right and can be two different things entirely .

On that line my thoughts on HDbits are based entirely on what I read here and the certain doltish attitudes displayed by some of their ( apparent) members .
By that I have the impression that it wasn't a very sincere attempt and that some of the 1000 new people weren't all that well chosen.
Anyway some of any "resentment" I feel towards HDbits or similarly hard to get into trackers ( some of which I belong to) is that many of the more visible members aren't any better ( hopefully worse because I dearly want to believe everyone using torrents isn't either that stupid ,immature or conceited) than those denied the "privilege" .
Btw am I deluded to think that HDbits or similar places should at least know enough about their more veteran members that they should realize who they can trust with an invite and who they can't instead of just randomly doling them out every few years when the feeling takes them ?
I would tell them though that as their present system stands being a VIP or an uploader or encoder or a ripper has very little to do with trustworthiness if that is what they are truly aiming for.:mellow:

Quarterquack
01-19-2011, 04:06 AM
I would tell them though that as their present system stands being a VIP or an uploader or encoder or a ripper has very little to do with trustworthiness if that is what they are truly aiming for.:mellow:

But then again, surely you don't believe that you (or anyone that isn't staff) knows of all the criteria for choosing VIP's? Given that HDTV cappers also have invites, but there is an oversaturation of said content providers, and only a minority seem to have any weight on the site, it should only stand to be a fair guess that their picking of people that are trustworthy isn't completely random. A lot of people (including staff from other sites) cap and provide content for HDBits, and yet they gain no recognition. It's not just by who uploads things to the website or the significance of said person in the torrenting community at large. A fair amount of people provide content, since anyone is welcome to upload, encode or apply to one of the in-house groups, and yet few get recognition, usually for an insane time or monetary effort donated into the website.

But heck, you're welcome to hold on to your opinion and disregard anything I have said. At the end of the day it may be that neither of us is right, and someone could be holding up darts to a bulletin board with names on it. :idunno:

Waddafocky
01-19-2011, 04:11 AM
At the end of the day it may be that neither of us is right, and someone could be holding up darts to a bulletin board with names on it. :idunno:

Not to be nitpicky, but in that case IdolEyes would be right. I'm not on HDBits, but what you say must have some grain of truth in there somewhere. But the field's not seeded, I think.

IdolEyes787
01-19-2011, 05:04 AM
One hundred and EIGHTY.

Anyway like I said I don't really know and am very likely never going to be in a position to find out. Any beefs( real or imagined) that I have against HDbits is based purely on a few random (maybe)facts presented on here and like I also said the distinct lack of class of a few of their members that I've come into contact with.
Again possibly just me but the percentage of dickatude seems especially high on that site and that is a nutshell sums up where my attitude toward it comes from.
Maybe if I had come into contact with some other members as opposed to the ones I have I would be singing the site's praises instead .:idunno:

Quarterquack
01-19-2011, 05:11 AM
That's understandable, HDBits prides itself on its trolls as much as its encodes. At the end of the day, though, it all falls into the inconsequential realm. Those people that care enough to know do, and those people that don't don't (make no mistake, I file myself into this category, so it's no snipe). You really shouldn't judge by what you've seen/heard entirely, though. Some people there (actually, quite a few) are as etiquette abiding as they come (as I'm sure applies to all bt sites ... just remembered the word bt was key for that statement).

For the record: I have had a miserable day week, so apologies for the mellow/unreasonable way I'm acting.

gamesover
01-20-2011, 02:02 AM
My guess is that if reps from other trackers don't get VIP there (when they usually get it at some trackers) and most uploaders will never be promoted to VIP that they are pretty selective about who they choose to promote.

Waddafocky
01-20-2011, 02:16 AM
Being selective about who they choose to promote and approving of that selective selection are two entirely different matters. A quick look at HDBits and a comparison to American colleges will prove that point quickly, I think.

OlegL
01-26-2011, 09:33 PM

What I think to be right and what is actually right and can be two different things entirely .

On that line my thoughts on HDbits are based entirely on what I read here and the certain doltish attitudes displayed by some of their ( apparent) members .
By that I have the impression that it wasn't a very sincere attempt and that some of the 1000 new people weren't all that well chosen.
Anyway some of any "resentment" I feel towards HDbits or similarly hard to get into trackers ( some of which I belong to) is that many of the more visible members aren't any better ( hopefully worse because I dearly want to believe everyone using torrents isn't either that stupid ,immature or conceited) than those denied the "privilege" .
Btw am I deluded to think that HDbits or similar places should at least know enough about their more veteran members that they should realize who they can trust with an invite and who they can't instead of just randomly doling them out every few years when the feeling takes them ?

As I keep telling you, I truly like you as a person and respect you, but you are wrong if you feel that their attempt to bring 1,000 new members wasn't sincere. It's not their fault that people can't follow the rules and started selling invites. You are telling me that you disagree with their invite policy because you feel that they should have a better knowledge of their veteran members and you feel they should trust those veteran members, not just VIPs and hdtv cappers. But if you are not a VIP or anything like that, ask yourself this, what really makes you better than a member who simply keeps the minimum ratio (which is 0.45 on hdbits)? Just because you are a veteran member and a good member, it doesn't mean you are better than any of those people. Even if you become a VIP, you can still get demoted to a lower class on hdbits if you fuck things up. Ask yourself, who can really be considered a truly good member?
Also, you said that some of their members display doltish attitude. But you are simply wrong about this. They are not stupid; they will only be mean to you (but never truly mean, if you know what I mean) if they feel you are stupid. But they are never TRULY mean to anyone; they are nice. They simply wanna have fun by downloading great torrents on the tracker, by socializing on the forums, and by uploading their own torrents for other people.
The staffers are really simple (I am still astonished by the fact that now I feel this way). For example, recently someone on the forums needed help with something, and a staffer told him to come on irc, so they could discuss this...
So, hopefully, now you agree with me, IdolEyes787. If not, feel free to express your thoughts.

Supervisor
01-26-2011, 10:47 PM

Group name?

karachidude
01-26-2011, 11:40 PM

its more luck than anything else,with around 30000 users hdbits is not actually a rare tracker,still hard to enter

gamesover
01-27-2011, 12:56 AM

its more luck than anything else,with around 30000 users hdbits is not actually a rare tracker,still hard to enter

I thought it was more like 20,000 users?

mjmacky
01-27-2011, 01:36 AM
Group name?
I only divulge in private and if it's relevant, so I don't announce publicly or to just any random person. Not being sassy here, I just kind of operate in a paranoid way.

I would lose interest in HDBits if you could tell me where else I could get 1080i's. I didn't actually know about HDBits when I joined Depths of Perversion while it was alive. Connecting the dots while I was a member there, I learned about the myth that is HDBits, but DOP would put up 1080i's and it was the first time I got a taste of working with HDTV caps. Ever since then, I can get some stuff on Usenet, but it's been completely unreliable.

The only kind of luck I tend to carry is bad luck. So I would hope to be unlucky in finding a cap haven.

Disme
01-27-2011, 07:16 AM
New members keep on joining HDBits every day ... last one joined 14 hours ago, so it's not impossible.

slocker
01-27-2011, 07:23 AM
New members keep on joining HDBits every day ... last one joined 14 hours ago, so it's not impossible.

where are they coming from??.

karachidude
01-27-2011, 10:23 AM

I thought it was more like 20,000 users?

yeh..20000 is still a lot of people,big site,so my point

Kriss1981
01-27-2011, 11:15 AM

How is this possible? Was the invitation sent on 9 January were still active? I think that now the staff, caper and vip is giving away invitations ;)

Funkin'
01-27-2011, 11:20 AM

How is this possible?

All you gotta do is find a vip/staff member and kiss ass. You wouldn't be the first to do it or the last.

IdolEyes787
01-27-2011, 01:50 PM
How is this possible?

All you gotta do is find a vip/staff member and kiss ass purchase membership convince them that you have awesome encoding skills and would be a true asset to the site ( humanity optional) . You wouldn't be the first to do it or the last.

:unsure:

OlegL
01-27-2011, 03:32 PM
How is this possible?

All you gotta do is find a vip/staff member and kiss ass. You wouldn't be the first to do it or the last.

Don't be so cynical about it. You don't have to "kiss ass"; you simply have to convince them that you'll be a good member if you get invited.

karachidude
01-27-2011, 03:34 PM

Don't be so cynical about it. You don't have to "kiss ass"; you simply have to convince them that you'll be a good member if you get invited.

convince by kissing ass ??

karachidude
01-27-2011, 03:36 PM
ok .. laters ...

where to ..

bathroom ??

slocker
01-27-2011, 03:47 PM

Yeah it's that simple:rolleyes:.

Get real man.If it were there'd be alot more members.

OlegL
01-27-2011, 04:01 PM
No no you are missing my main point. I am releasing at another site at the moment, but primarily to Usenet. The time that I'm wasting is lack of encoding because I don't have any good SOURCES. My interest in HDBits is their sources. I'm not trying to debut as an encoder there or anything. My encodes are solid, and I want them to be universally accessible, not niche. Usenet is technically both universal and niche, so maybe I'll find some advice from someone there, who are used to distro (gotta be an easier way). And as I have mentioned before... the sources, oh the sources.

Wait, I am a bit confused. You simply wanna download sources for yourself or you also wanna upload your encodes to hdbits if you join the site? I spoke to one VIP about you and he told me that he doesn't invite people from FST. Another hdtv capper told me the same thing. The problem is that we dunno you, though you actually made a nice impression on me.

IdolEyes787
01-27-2011, 05:38 PM
Wait, I am a bit confused. You simply wanna download sources for yourself or you also wanna upload your encodes to hdbits if you join the site? I spoke to one VIP about you and he told me that he doesn't invite people from FST. Another hdtv capper told me the same thing. The problem is that we dunno you, though you actually made a nice impression on me.

I'm pretty sure no one here is "from FST" :unsure:.It like HDbits , is just a website that we occasionally access.
You know you can be a member of anyplace and be "good" or "bad" ( happy or sad - Al Green reference 65303 ) or in the case of some people apparently intolerant and stupid .

Edit : I think someone just offer me an invite to HDbits ( appreciated but who knows if it was real ?) and I turned it down .:O

I guess I will just have to muck by in blissful ignorance with the poor quality stuff I've been enjoying all my life.:mellow:
Oh well at least I won't have to worry about anything except whether the movie/TV is actually worthwhile or not.

anon
01-27-2011, 05:56 PM
How is this possible? Was the invitation sent on 9 January were still active?

I'm not sure invitations last 18 days after they're sent.

You don't have to "kiss ass"; you simply have to convince them that you'll be a good member if you get invited.

You can call it whatever you want. :P

Get real man.If it were there'd be alot more members.

They aren't doing it right.

Quarterquack
01-27-2011, 07:38 PM
This is where you're wrong. Mjmacky is actually from DoP and encoded on other websites. But heck, what do I know. :idunno:

At any rate, mjmacky, DoP's back. Read into that whatever way you wish.

ScottK
01-27-2011, 07:46 PM
Oh well at least I won't have to worry about anything except whether the movie/TV is actually worthwhile or not.

:oops:
somehow i feel i waste more time on BT more than i should watch those movie i've download..

Funkin'
01-28-2011, 01:42 AM
I spoke to one VIP about you and he told me that he doesn't invite people from FST. Another hdtv capper told me the same thing.

So instead of talking to the guy and letting his work make their decision, they just totally shot him down for posting on FST. Oh yeah, douches they are definitely not...

mjmacky
01-28-2011, 01:57 AM
Oh heavens, I got the OlegL introduction, looks like my invite's in the mail. Well, thanks for tainting my taint. That question about uploading back shouldn't even need to be asked given the context, the answer is fairly obvious. Please don't feel any incline to arbitrate my case any further. I would make a nice impression on a lot of people, I'm just that great a guy.

I'm pretty sure no one here is "from FST" :unsure:.It like HDbits , is just a website that we occasionally access.
You know you can be a member of anyplace and be "good" or "bad" ( happy or sad - Al Green reference 65303 ) or in the case of some people apparently intolerant and stupid.

Yeah I don't quite get that either, I'm rather fresh here and don't "get" the association some people make with FST. I have heard, but never really seen, so I just don't get it. I also don't really care, I've found myself pleasured in sporadic moments along the timeline by this forum, and have found it a useful resource of information as well. I can thank FST specifically for my push towards usenet.

This is where you're wrong. Mjmacky is actually from DoP and encoded on other websites. But heck, what do I know. :idunno:

At any rate, mjmacky, DoP's back. Read into that whatever way you wish.
Thanks for defending, I'd rather have your representing me. You never replied to my PM from before...
Anyways, about DoP, are you fucking kidding me?!?! Will it be like it was before?! I am really really excited! Too bad it seems I can't recover my account, guess everything was lost. I'll play around with it a little.

I spoke to one VIP about you and he told me that he doesn't invite people from FST. Another hdtv capper told me the same thing.

So instead of talking to the guy and letting his work make their decision, they just totally shot him down for posting on FST. Oh yeah, douches they are definitely not...
Well to be honest, I don't think they would shoot me down if they talked to me. I do think they'd shoot down anyone that OlegL talks about from FST. Either way, I'm not sure if that matters, if DoP is returning, like for realz realz, that just might be all I need :)

Quarterquack
01-28-2011, 04:26 AM
Thanks for defending, I'd rather have your representing me. You never replied to my PM from before...
Anyways, about DoP, are you fucking kidding me?!?! Will it be like it was before?! I am really really excited! Too bad it seems I can't recover my account, guess everything was lost. I'll play around with it a little.

At this point in time, and as egotistic as it may sound, I'll have to agree. Having people like Oleg vouch for you will probably do you more harm than good (EDIT: In fact the VIPs may have as well given him that answer to get him off their case, as opposed to being serious about it). Unfortunately, I don't know any VIPs that I would even consider talking to, especially not in order to use them to get my ends at the very least.

I didn't respond to your PM, and it was extremely rude. But please don't think you're being ignored; I haven't responded to a few PM's (a couple from Funkin' and others) that I will attend to over the weekend (some things just deserve to be given a proper amount of time in order to respond to, as opposed to being rushed out of my sent box).

Yeah my account at DoP was lost as well. I might go back and start being active once I have the time to dedicate to a website that needs active members to get itself up on its feet properly.

OlegL
01-28-2011, 05:16 AM

At this point in time, and as egotistic as it may sound, I'll have to agree. Having people like Oleg vouch for you will probably do you more harm than good (EDIT: In fact the VIPs may have as well given him that answer to get him off their case, as opposed to being serious about it). Unfortunately, I don't know any VIPs that I would even consider talking to, especially not in order to use them to get my ends at the very least.

I didn't respond to your PM, and it was extremely rude. But please don't think you're being ignored; I haven't responded to a few PM's (a couple from Funkin' and others) that I will attend to over the weekend (some things just deserve to be given a proper amount of time in order to respond to, as opposed to being rushed out of my sent box).

Yeah my account at DoP was lost as well. I might go back and start being active once I have the time to dedicate to a website that needs active members to get itself up on its feet properly.

I am just curious, why you and mjmacky find me so unintelligent?

ScottK
01-28-2011, 06:11 AM
i'm sorry OlegL, but i cant see any posts from them telling so..

mjmacky
01-28-2011, 03:43 PM
I am just curious, why you and mjmacky find me so unintelligent?
It's not intelligence that causes an issue, it's your inability to analyze a situation and figure things out. However, the two may not be mutually exclusive, depends on how serious you are.

OlegL
01-28-2011, 07:28 PM

Let me ask you this, my friend, what makes me worse than the former member named Grover who had the ability to invite people to hdbits because he was an hdtv capper? You know fully well that he is now banned, despite the fact that he was an hdtv capper and had the ability to invite people. IdolEyes787 also knows him because he was making fun of the requirements that Grover set for those people that he would consider as possible invitees to hdbits. So, why would you think that if I vouch for someone, that would do more harm than good to that person? My point is that someone who had a real ability to invite people to hdbits is now (permanently?) banned.

ScottK
01-28-2011, 08:16 PM
Speaking of Grover, i have vouch certain people to him & he invited them. so i still thanks for what he did.
And apparently, one of the people i helped earlier become VIP now on hdbits, and guess what, he not reply my msg when i vouch someone to join hdbits. what a life (or maybe he run out of invites, but at least he can reply my msg :( a week has passed)

IdolEyes787
01-28-2011, 09:42 PM
IdolEyes787 also knows him because he was making fun of the requirements that Grover set for those people that he would consider as possible invitees to hdbits.

I remember someone posting something about somebody setting some kind of unrealistic standards about something or other but I couldn't tell you about any somebody named Grover except the the one from Sesame Street or something.
That and Grover Cleveland was the only US president to serve two non-consecutive full terms in office.

Oh and the thing I find most interesting in all of this is that Funkin' is silly enough to PM Darth Nader.:mellow:

OlegL
01-28-2011, 10:08 PM
IdolEyes787 also knows him because he was making fun of the requirements that Grover set for those people that he would consider as possible invitees to hdbits.

I remember someone posting something about somebody setting some kind of unrealistic standards about something or other but I couldn't tell you about any somebody named Grover .

That person had a username Grover on hdbits.

IdolEyes787
01-28-2011, 10:14 PM
Sorry I missed that whole part before being illiterate and everything.

Quarterquack
01-29-2011, 01:30 AM
Let me ask you this, my friend, what makes me worse than the former member named Grover who had the ability to invite people to hdbits because he was an hdtv capper? You know fully well that he is now banned, despite the fact that he was an hdtv capper and had the ability to invite people. IdolEyes787 also knows him because he was making fun of the requirements that Grover set for those people that he would consider as possible invitees to hdbits. So, why would you think that if I vouch for someone, that would do more harm than good to that person? My point is that someone who had a real ability to invite people to hdbits is now (permanently?) banned.

I don't understand what you mean to achieve by name dropping people arguably less respectable and more annoying than yourself. What Grover did (in the form of offering his invites for all to use) was commendable, but he also required people to fellate him and hop on his lap every time he so much as moved a finger. Kind of like the attention you're seeking. That's the reason he was banned. Because people couldn't deal with his narcissistic tendencies anymore. You know full well that class differentiation is as meaningless as class systems themselves, and that it doesn't fortify your point anymore by including it in your argument, but you do it anyway because you want people to respond to you. How did you get this complex by the way? Parents abandon you as a child, or did they give you too much care, instead?

Also, to answer your PM since I really don't understand why you want this conversation held on two separate instances:

Wow, I didn't even realize until now that you are Jojosalami. But why suddenly you became acting mean toward me?

My reply: It's because you're a two faced idiot. You know exactly what holes you dig yourself to, but you play a pathetic mind game that you know you couldn't possibly lose. Your winning is getting a reaction out of people. Whatever that reaction may be. You and I know full well that the only reason you vouched for mjmacky is because you knew he wouldn't get invited by that method, but you just would rather see him suffer and blame you for it, than honestly get into HDBits.

So go ahead. Act like a further idiot that doesn't understand me or what I'm saying, because you think that makes you win your mind game. Then act like a victim when someone like me comes along (or someone like Valerio can't deal with your shit anymore) and trap the next person into your meaningless drivel. I'll just be fine and happy knowing that I treat people in a much more realistic and respectable way than you do; regardless of whether I act abrasive occasionally or not.

OlegL
01-29-2011, 02:09 AM
My friend, do you know how long it took me to get re-invited to hdbits? More than a year and a half. Well, of course, relatively speaking, it's not such a big amount of time, but the reason I got re-invited was because I already knew the hdbits staffers, ex-staffers, VIPs, and etc. But the only reason I knew those people was because I had been a member of hdbits way before the invite system was closed: in the mid-2008! It seems to me I was re-invited almost by a pure accident.
Mjmacky made a good first impression on me; that's why I mentioned him to those two people. After they told me they don't invite people from FST, I told them I am also an active FST poster and yet I am on hdbits.

Supervisor
01-29-2011, 02:27 AM
Group name?
I only divulge in private and if it's relevant, so I don't announce publicly or to just any random person. Not being sassy here, I just kind of operate in a paranoid way.

I would lose interest in HDBits if you could tell me where else I could get 1080i's. I didn't actually know about HDBits when I joined Depths of Perversion while it was alive. Connecting the dots while I was a member there, I learned about the myth that is HDBits, but DOP would put up 1080i's and it was the first time I got a taste of working with HDTV caps. Ever since then, I can get some stuff on Usenet, but it's been completely unreliable.

The only kind of luck I tend to carry is bad luck. So I would hope to be unlucky in finding a cap haven.

Pretty sure I can receive PMs. Figured you would at least PM me when you saw my question.

Quarterquack
01-29-2011, 02:57 AM
mjmacky, if you would like into a different encoding group/a taste of the other side of things (not HDBits), I'd pick up Supervisor's offer (when he possibly makes you one to join the team on his website). I'm not sure how much they deal with BR caps/encodes et cetera, though.

I'd take it seriously if I were you, and if I were interested in encoding. ;)

OlegL
01-29-2011, 03:30 AM
Sucks that you are not my friend anymore, Darth Rings.

IdolEyes787
01-29-2011, 03:36 AM
His profile needs updating then.
Must be an encoding mistake.

OlegL
01-29-2011, 03:38 AM
IdolEyes787, please tell me that you like me as a person. However, if you don't really like me, don't tell me that.

IdolEyes787
01-29-2011, 03:40 AM
I don't know you as a person but I have a certain affection for your guileless online personna.

How old are you anyway ? If over 20 I retract that statement.

OlegL
01-29-2011, 03:44 AM
I am 29.

IdolEyes787
01-29-2011, 03:45 AM
In dog years?

OlegL
01-29-2011, 03:48 AM
In real human years.

IdolEyes787
01-29-2011, 03:50 AM
How old in fake human years?

OlegL
01-29-2011, 03:51 AM
Listen, you asked me a question and I answered it. I am 29 years old.

Waddafocky
01-29-2011, 03:59 AM
Looks like you just lost another friend, bro.

By the way, I'm 13 and what is this?

IdolEyes787
01-29-2011, 04:01 AM
Looks like you just lost another friend, bro.

By the way, I'm 13 and what is this?

In dog years?

Supervisor
01-29-2011, 04:02 AM
mjmacky, if you would like into a different encoding group/a taste of the other side of things (not HDBits), I'd pick up Supervisor's offer (when he possibly makes you one to join the team on his website). I'm not sure how much they deal with BR caps/encodes et cetera, though.

I'd take it seriously if I were you, and if I were interested in encoding. ;)

No. My offer/interest has nothing to do with that site (which I don't staff anymore, nor encode to), however I might be able to help him. HDB could use more encoders, that's all.

IdolEyes787
01-29-2011, 04:05 AM

Sorry ,as the orthopedic surgeon said, just my strange sense of humeur

OlegL
01-29-2011, 04:08 AM
Darth Rings, I just removed you from my friends list and from my contacts list. It sucks that it had to come to this, but I see that you don't want to be my friend anymore.

IdolEyes787
01-29-2011, 04:10 AM
Darth Rings, I just removed you from my friends list and from my contacts list. It sucks that it had to come to this, but I see that you don't want to be my friend anymore.

That's a line from Space Balls isn't it?

Intr4ns1t
01-29-2011, 04:11 AM
Oh NO! An FST breakup!:cry:

Quarterquack
01-29-2011, 04:13 AM
That's a line from Space Balls isn't it?

The Rick Moranis version?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFA-rOls8YA

ScottK
01-29-2011, 04:17 AM
:eyebrows:

shit.

IdolEyes787
01-29-2011, 04:17 AM
And it seems like just yesterday they had the fresh dew of young love in their eyes.:(

You and I are still cool though right OlegL ? If I lose you it's down to my cat CatCatCat ( that's his name so when I call him it's not confusing for me) and he mostly ignores me.:mellow:

OlegL
01-29-2011, 05:27 AM
You and I are still cool though right OlegL ?

I am really glad that you said that. Yes, I really hope that you'll always remain nice to me, and I really hope that anyone else who is still nice to me will remain nice to me.

slocker
01-29-2011, 05:31 AM
enough with the sappiness please.

Waddafocky
01-29-2011, 05:38 AM
enough with the sappiness please.
If you haven't noticed yet, we're in the Luvvi-Wuvvi subforum of FST, where all invitees temporarily fall in love with their potential inviters. It's very normal to have lots of sappiness.

Skiz
01-29-2011, 07:19 AM
Nothing even remotely on topic going on here.

Closed.