PDA

View Full Version : How come the United States of America is not banned from any private tracker?

OlegL
01-20-2011, 03:07 PM
How come the United States of America is not banned from any private tracker? Since I live in the United States, I would like to find out the answer to this question. What makes us so good that we are not banned from any tracker?

Expeto
01-20-2011, 03:10 PM
It might be because most of their content usually consist of US movies, US TV shows and US music

There is actually 3 sites that I know banned US, but they are local sites just trying to get attention

brento
01-20-2011, 03:13 PM
because we fucking own.
that's why.

OlegL
01-20-2011, 03:13 PM
What 3 sites banned the U.S.?

ElitUser
01-20-2011, 03:22 PM
^^^ are you fan of Osama bin laden.
You live in US but I dont think you are an American.
And also I would like to clear you that there are plenty of other country who are also not ban from any private trackers. So dont headache about US.

bijoy
01-20-2011, 03:30 PM
How come the United States of America is not banned from any private tracker? Since I live in the United States, I would like to find out the answer to this question. What makes us so good that we are not banned from any tracker?

simply, most of the users (at least 40%) of different tracker belongs to us. so banning usa= destroying own tracker. :naughty:

whatcdfan
01-20-2011, 03:33 PM
simply, most of the users and donors (at least 40%) of different tracker belongs to us. so banning usa= destroying own tracker. :naughty:

Fixed

Waddafocky
01-20-2011, 03:48 PM
Because the U.S. steals money from other countries (such as Romania), enriches their own economy with the money, so U.S. users will most likely have more disposable cash (donations), which is the most important factor for any private tracker.

OlegL
01-20-2011, 03:54 PM
So dont headache about US.

But I live in the U.S.; therefore, my question is specifically about the U.S.

bijoy
01-20-2011, 03:57 PM
simply, most of the users and donors (at least 40%) of different tracker belongs to us. so banning usa= destroying own tracker. :naughty:

Fixed

yea, thanks!! Missed that vital point..

Intr4ns1t
01-20-2011, 04:19 PM
Because the U.S. steals money from other countries (such as Romania), enriches their own economy with the money, so U.S. users will most likely have more disposable cash (donations), which is the most important factor for any private tracker.

Do you really entertain the unimaginable belief that the people in charge of all that thievery blah blah blah are your fellow torrenters? Generally you're a pretty intelligent poster, so what gives?

Intr4nsedit:Since 1990, the American people have contributed more than $620 million in economic and technical assistance, which evolved from its initial emphases on humanitarian aid and rebuilding the collapsed economy to forming partnerships which supported Romania’s transition to a free market democracy. USAID assisted its Romanian partners in developing financial markets, small private businesses, and energy markets, while protecting the environment, improving democratic governance, building civil society, reforming the rule of law, strengthening women’s health care, reforming child welfare, and fortifying disaster preparedness. (http://www.usaid.gov/locations/europe_eurasia/countries/ro/index.html)

megabyteme
01-20-2011, 04:28 PM
With your track record of getting banned, Oleg, I can only assume you are trying to get the WHOLE US banned through association. :ermm:

hagckz0r
01-20-2011, 04:31 PM
Bcoz they have a nuke :D

whatcdfan
01-20-2011, 04:46 PM
Bcoz they have a nuke :D

:lol: good one

gumgum
01-20-2011, 04:49 PM
Intr4nsedit:Since 1990, the American people have contributed more than $620 million in economic and technical assistance, which evolved from its initial emphases on humanitarian aid and rebuilding the collapsed economy to forming partnerships which supported Romania’s transition to a free market democracy. USAID assisted its Romanian partners in developing financial markets, small private businesses, and energy markets, while protecting the environment, improving democratic governance, building civil society, reforming the rule of law, strengthening women’s health care, reforming child welfare, and fortifying disaster preparedness. (http://www.usaid.gov/locations/europe_eurasia/countries/ro/index.html)

TRANSLATION: the americans gave 620$ million under the table to the corrupt romanian government so they can establish a military base at Mihail Kogalniceanu airport, near the Black Sea. Why? Thats why:
"US soldiers used the Mihail Kogalniceanu airbase as a hub to send equipment and 7,000 combat troops into Iraq during the early stages of the invasion in 2003, and temporarily kept up to 3,500 American troops there."

Intr4ns1t
01-20-2011, 05:31 PM
TRANSLATION: the americans gave 620$ million under the table to the corrupt romanian government so they can establish a military base at Mihail Kogalniceanu airport, near the Black Sea. Why? Thats why:
"US soldiers used the Mihail Kogalniceanu airbase as a hub to send equipment and 7,000 combat troops into Iraq during the early stages of the invasion in 2003, and temporarily kept up to 3,500 American troops there."

I think you misunderstand the term "under the table", especially in this context. That link is self-evidently "above the table" money. I would guess the amount spent "under the table" is equal to, if not significantly more than, that figure.

I do not argue that the US is a fuxxed up place right now, as the existing economic paradigm here is starting to really show it's inherent deficiencies. That is obviously starting to catch up with our, and by virtue of our diffusion into the economies of so many markets worldwide, the worlds, way of trade. Nor would I argue that many unsavory acts have occurred at the behest of the U.S. gov't, corporations, and "special interests", and continue to be perpetrated. However, that does not = stealing from Romania, to enrich our own economy.

If you want to be angry, be angry at multi-national corporations, operating with impunity and no regulation, who hold sway over ALL world governments. That is the real problem, the centralization of wealth. Once America stops being the big dog on earth, those corporations will put their money elsewhere, and already are doing so in China in anticipation of their inevitable ousting of the US from the top spot. It's a problem, much, MUCH bigger, than one government, or one nations economy. It's a world economy, and we are finally starting to see that.

anon
01-20-2011, 05:35 PM
Because they're a first-world country, and therefore have a good telecommunications infrastructure. So, while I'm not saying everyone in the States has a fat pipe or that none of them are troublemakers as far as trackers are concerned, they don't have as much problems uploading (for example) compared to someone paying top-dollar for a 256Kbit connection on some less fortunate country. Making the ratio of good to bad users in the USA is lower than on other countries.

Anyway, that's just my theory and doesn't cover trading nor selling, I know. :idunno:

gumgum
01-20-2011, 05:39 PM
"If you want to be angry, be angry at multi-national corporations, operating with impunity and no regulation, who hold sway over ALL world governments. That is the real problem, the centralization of wealth. Once America stops being the big dog on earth, those corporations will put their money elsewhere, and already are doing so in China in anticipation of their inevitable ousting of the US from the top spot. It's a problem, much, MUCH bigger, than one government, or one nations economy. It's a world economy, and we are finally starting to see that."

I totally second that.

Waddafocky
01-20-2011, 11:37 PM
If you want to be angry, be angry at multi-national corporations, operating with impunity and no regulation, who hold sway over ALL world governments. That is the real problem, the centralization of wealth. Once America stops being the big dog on earth, those corporations will put their money elsewhere, and already are doing so in China in anticipation of their inevitable ousting of the US from the top spot. It's a problem, much, MUCH bigger, than one government, or one nations economy. It's a world economy, and we are finally starting to see that.
I am well-versed in this topic but didn't imagine that many other people would want to engage me on that level, so I just made it relatively simple by attaching a visible and very-present entity (America) to my claim. I agree with everything you have said, and I just said Romania as an addition to everyone banning Romania.

LeNoR
01-20-2011, 11:39 PM
Nobody bans US because Obama would nuke their asses. End of story.

Intr4ns1t
01-21-2011, 12:07 AM
I am well-versed in this topic but didn't imagine that many other people would want to engage me on that level, so I just made it relatively simple by attaching a visible and very-present entity (America) to my claim. I agree with everything you have said, and I just said Romania as an addition to everyone banning Romania.

Fair enough. It made me go "c'mon, really?" when I read it :P And of course, being the over(t?)ly opinionated fellow that I am, I couldn't just let it sit there unanswered :whistling

A
01-21-2011, 01:55 AM
A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, and die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
Maybe, because USA does the above so effectively and efficiently? :idunno:

lol87
01-21-2011, 06:35 AM

Well, why is Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Holland and many other countries not banned in any trackers yet? I guess that the number of cheaters are so low that it wouldn't make sense to ban a whole country. I don't believe that Americans/Danes/Swedes/UK are cheating that much.

LOL, it's hard to take you statement seriously. Should I blame USA for everytime that Romanian illegal gypsy immigrants are coming to Denmark with the purpose to rob and to steal stuffs? USA has nothing to do with ban of Romanian users.

Intr4ns1t
01-21-2011, 10:15 AM
can someone take a few photographs of united states and post here ..

i dont know how united states looks like ?

stoi
01-21-2011, 02:17 PM
a rough estimate here, 1 in 400 usa members will cheat/trade/dupe (still a lot with the amount of americans in trackers, but not something that the staff cant handle)
Other places, 1-10 will be a cheat/trader/dupe (but they have less overall members, but its that bad its just easier to stop them signing up in the first place)

I also done a quick calculation on our donors 1 in 8 donors are from the USA, but we still have loads (well not loads as we only get about 250 in total every month but still a fair share of the members that do donate are from Brazil) of donors from Brazil, but we ban Brazil from signing up, so its got sod all to do with donations.

I dont think normal members realise how much of a headache it is, when a tracker opens up, its like, oh they are open, but they will close again, sign up 300 * with 300 different ips/emails etc, then we close and they trade them all, or we open up, members downloads, gets into kl, abandons account, signs up again etc etc, or "ah they are open, I can cheat now, if i get banned i can just get in again".

I hate banning any country, but at least we just ban them from signing up, if you already have an account, you can keep it, its not a blanket ban on everyone, problem is though we will be missing out on "some" good members, but the vast majority are not "good" members so loosing a couple of good ones is worth it if we keep out 3000+ bad ones imho.

ScottK
01-21-2011, 02:23 PM
I hate banning any country, but at least we just ban them from signing up, if you already have an account, you can keep it, its not a blanket ban on everyone, problem is though we will be missing out on "some" good members, but the vast majority are not "good" members so loosing a couple of good ones is worth it if we keep out 3000+ bad ones imho.

thumbs up

anon
01-21-2011, 04:47 PM
thumbs up

Another couple of thumbs up. I can understand why trackers ban countries but it's really stupid to wipe already-existing members from that country as well, specially when they weren't breaking any rules.

Ev0
01-21-2011, 06:52 PM
I have been close to banning Egypt and India from signup/invite. If I ever did go through with a blanket ban on countries then I wouldn't ban the existing decent members from these countires just because of the actions of others.

Enlightened
01-21-2011, 07:16 PM
Yeah, gret question, even switching to different ISP,is seems okay, sometime the ISP will NOT "allow" certain sites, Not common occurrence though.

bijoy
01-21-2011, 08:03 PM
Yeah, gret question, even switching to different ISP,is seems okay, sometime the ISP will NOT "allow" certain sites, Not common occurrence though.

surprisingly those problem generally happen with the isps of usa and uk :P

IdolEyes787
01-21-2011, 08:22 PM
I have been close to banning Egypt and India from signup/invite. If I ever did go through with a blanket ban on countries then I wouldn't ban the existing decent members from these countires just because of the actions of others.

Just a question and it might not make a lot of sense but if you take the extreme measure to ban whole countries because apparently a larger than acceptable percentage of denizens of those areas cheat/sell/trade/hit and run /look at you funny or whatever while allowing current citizens to remain isn't that sort of silly ?
I mean you are damning some purely on speculation and assumption and embracing others based on little more.

Really who's to say , whatever appearances to the contrary, that current member Joe from Cheatoria isn't merrily selling invites right and left all the while you are barring maybe innumerable decent people from the same country?

OK bt isn't real life but in real life that kind of skewed nonsensical prejudicial thinking is sometimes called racial profiling and I believed it's outlawed in any civilized place.

Here's a thought, instead of banning people for no reason other than their place of origin ( which btw I'm sure some would happily change if they could) , maybe either credit all the people that you've already allowed into your tracker the sense to use their invites wisely or failing that only give invites to those members that you have complete trust in .
If either of those don't work then take the initiative ,like some sites do, to select applicants yourself based on merit and not nationality.

Btw the last one isn't really the best idea though since if a site is already populated by a majority of people who you apparently can't trust it doesn't speak well for the current staffs ability to make good decisions.:mellow:

Lucifer9999
01-21-2011, 09:17 PM
be serious .. this is a f..ed fake subject.....and the op is high....
the math is simple: there are 200 countries in the world.... the problem is that max 10 countries are constantly banned (they are almost the same on every tracker), so that leaves 190 countries that never goes banned, including usa... so nothing special....

stoi
01-21-2011, 11:21 PM
@ idol i am not sure how its got anything to do with the staffs decisions. most invites are giving out on ratio alone, so could just be 1000 pricks with seedboxes or a fast home connection, or clever/smart cheaters. or open signup so the staff has no say there at all.

and surely trackers that never open/have an application interview (99% of which the applicant will have to have a good knowledge of English, if they cant speak it, tough) are a lot worse for what you term "racial profiling" as they either dont let anyone at all sign up so every country is banned, or you have to speak English to get in, and know the far end of a fart about a subject you may not have an interest in but just use it as a pastime, encoding (you get in) - watching movies (you dont), V0/Flac (you get in) - listening to some tunes (you dont).

btw i am just playing devils advocate here, and just replying to your post, or me its up to the individual tracker how they want to do it.

IdolEyes787
01-22-2011, 01:47 AM
@ idol i am not sure how its got anything to do with the staffs decisions. most invites are giving out on ratio alone, so could just be 1000 pricks with seedboxes or a fast home connection, or clever/smart cheaters. or open signup so the staff has no say there at all.

and surely trackers that never open/have an application interview (99% of which the applicant will have to have a good knowledge of English, if they cant speak it, tough) are a lot worse for what you term "racial profiling" as they either dont let anyone at all sign up so every country is banned, or you have to speak English to get in, and know the far end of a fart about a subject you may not have an interest in but just use it as a pastime, encoding (you get in) - watching movies (you dont), V0/Flac (you get in) - listening to some tunes (you dont).

btw i am just playing devils advocate here, and just replying to your post, or me its up to the individual tracker how they want to do it.

:) Me too...... most of the time .
Just trying to offer up an opinion to try to maybe get someone out there thinking instead of just drifting along in whichever direction the current happens to be pulling strongest at the moment.

As for tracker members that don't seem to be fluent in English,they seem to have no problem in getting into a couple "community trackers that I'm a member of.
Not to unfairly rip on them but it makes for much consternation and hilarity in the forums when most topics are greeted with little more than "I agrew " and " I rate that a 9/10" .
Sort of why in the multilingual internet bt trackers that are premised around "community " as opposed to simple file sharing are sort of doomed to failure from the get go.
Some of the best sharers , most dedicated and obliging people aren't comfortable in English and yet feel that they still "need" to vocally contribute to those places.

One of the reasons that I don't join non-English trackers actually but then again I'm fortunate ( or maybe unfortunate :unsure:) that I have a surfeit of other places to join as it is.

ca_aok
01-22-2011, 06:11 PM
1) The percentage of US users that turn out to be shitbags is much lower than that of a country, like say, Romania or Egypt. It's simply a numbers game.
2) The IP distribution system in the US is much more sensible than it is in a place like Romania. It's much easier to keep an eye on banned members attempting to rejoin when the dynamic IP ranges aren't flip-flopping across hundreds of miles each day.

I wish I knew what inspires entire countries to trade/sell/cheat as a general rule. I assume it's some sort of societal difference, since the users in question don't always have super-slow upload pipes. Nonetheless, while a blanket ban is in no way fair, it's arguably necessary for certain countries, and that's the real sad part of the matter.

mamakawama
01-22-2011, 07:01 PM

I think you misunderstand the term "under the table", especially in this context. That link is self-evidently "above the table" money. I would guess the amount spent "under the table" is equal to, if not significantly more than, that figure.

I do not argue that the US is a fuxxed up place right now, as the existing economic paradigm here is starting to really show it's inherent deficiencies. That is obviously starting to catch up with our, and by virtue of our diffusion into the economies of so many markets worldwide, the worlds, way of trade. Nor would I argue that many unsavory acts have occurred at the behest of the U.S. gov't, corporations, and "special interests", and continue to be perpetrated. However, that does not = stealing from Romania, to enrich our own economy.

Spot on post

maddoxro
01-22-2011, 07:06 PM
Because they're a first-world country, and therefore have a good telecommunications infrastructure. ....compared to someone paying top-dollar for a 256Kbit connection on some less fortunate country. Making the ratio of good to bad users in the USA is lower than on other countries.:

Thant's not the ''true''. The only thing that matter it's that the people from USA donate a lot. And this why it's not banned on trackers.

As for the internet speed,most of romanian users have 100 Mbps bandwith, that speed with other romanians, and 50 Mbps with the rest of the countries.
Also starting from last year, romanians ISP had updated the infrastructure and started giving to people 1 Gbps connections.

PS: If want, ignore what i said, and look and this ranking, or search on google ranking for countries with best internet speeds ;)

http://speedtest.net/global.php#0

*coungh* you won't see USA not even in top 20 =)))) *cough*

anon
01-22-2011, 07:30 PM
As for the internet speed,most of romanian users have 100 Mbps bandwith, that speed with other romanians ...

PS: If want, ignore what i said, and look and this ranking, or search on google ranking for countries with best internet speeds ;)

Agreed, but considered the fact many of those .ro speed tests have been made to servers on the same country?

IdolEyes787
01-22-2011, 08:07 PM
I wish I knew what inspires entire countries to trade/sell/cheat as a general rule. I assume it's some sort of societal difference, since the users in question don't always have super-slow upload pipes. Nonetheless, while a blanket ban is in no way fair, it's arguably necessary for certain countries, and that's the real sad part of the matter.

Very likely cultural as in some societies swindling is seen as merely being astute in business.
Of course you'd need a study to prove that and as concerns bt you obviously aren't going to get one.

johhny
01-22-2011, 08:29 PM
damn i;ll make an 1337 trackeR USA not alloweed ....

senegal
01-22-2011, 08:40 PM
get a life retard

:lol:

maddoxro
01-22-2011, 10:42 PM
As for the internet speed,most of romanian users have 100 Mbps bandwith, that speed with other romanians ...

Agreed, but considered the fact many of those .ro speed tests have been made to servers on the same country?

It's not anymore like 4-5 years ago when 100 Mbps was available only with peers from Romania, and with the rest of the world the connection was 10 Mbps.

These days, the most basic connection has 50 Mbps with the rest of the world, and 100 Mbps with romanian peers. And you pay 10 euro / 13 dollars for it.
And arround 16 euro / 20 dollars for the full 100 Mbps worldwide

Like i said, never was the internet speed a reason to ban Romania, like some trackers said like: we banned .ro users because they have shitty peering with the rest of the world, and 100 Mbps with them. Since the first private trackers, arround 2004 if i am not wrong, romanians had one of the best internet speeds from the world.
But, where they not exced, are donations to trackers. And who could blame them... And when you have those internet speeds, you don't have to pay for gb upload for example.

stoi
01-23-2011, 02:00 AM
If they have those types of speed why do most (i am not saying all) cheat? (thats why we ban ro from signing up, its got nothing to do with their internet connections being garbage or not).

PS: its got sod all to do with donations like i said in my previous post, we get lots of donations from members from Brazil, but we still ban them from signing up, because the vast majority cheat/trade/sell.

and this isnt the reason we dont ban USA and i have just looked at this, but this is an eye opener

Visitors by Country for Blackcats-games.net

United States 25.1%
Mexico 11.0%
India 7.7%
Russia 6.4%
China 6.0%
United Kingdom 4.8%
Canada 4.5%
Sweden 3.7%
Germany 2.8%
Chile 2.3%

If we banned the USA we would loose most of the members so about 11,000 members would just go poof!!!

Daniel_30
01-23-2011, 02:32 AM
Even if those members from USA do something wrong like cheat/sell/trade nothing will happen why? because all trackers need 'em and need donations that coming from 'em, nothing special we talking about needs then immunity :).

stoi
01-23-2011, 03:40 AM
before we banned countries romania included but first it was Brazil, we would open up, lets say we got in 3,000 new members (we were getting in 6,000-8,000 a day at our peak) 75% would be from Brazil, and most of those would not be very good users (trade/sell/cheat/lots of dupes). the amount of complaints i have had from the staff over the years and pleading for me to ban them is silly, thats how bad it was, even a staff member that lived in Brazil pleaded with me to ban the country from signing up, thats how bad it was.

Now lets say we ban everyone but the USA and UK, 75% USA would get in 25% UK would get in, but we may get 50-100 members all told from those countries (out of 3000 total), cheating/trading/selling/dupes etc etc.

No one is saying that the USA/UK doesnt have bad members, of course they do, its just the % is a hell of a lot less than some other countries (Brazil/Romania/Egypt/Israel) to name 4.

and like i said we probably get more donations % wise off members from Brazil than we do from the USA.

Intr4ns1t
01-23-2011, 03:52 AM
Here's a theory.

Let us assume first of all, as I am too lazy to look for supporting numbers to reference, (but still I think a safe assumption), that the vast majority of commercially available media is produced in America.

It is no secret that US media companies cater to American interests, in so far as that is the economic demographic that hollywood and murdoch media aim their products to. So, we can also assume that the vast majority of the easily reproduced media will be of American interest.

Let us now frame that with the fact that the US has a, per capita, much wider ability to afford/access the internet. Combined with the fact that the US has the longest history with integrating their internet into their life, and we start to see a pattern.

64889 (from: http://www.internetworldstats.com/stats.htm )

Now if we throw in some more localized factors like the growing gap between the lower class and the upper class in America, the lower income majority having grown discontent with paying on a price structure that is aimed at a rapidly dying middle class, we get a majority who would rather get their media for free than pay those ridiculous prices that can mean alot of difference in quality of living.

So, the eventual outcome of granting all these factors leads me to postulate that, while Romania has orsum speeds and stuff, the amount of traffic coming from there still pales in comparison to the amount of traffic coming from the USA, and in my opinion, as well as demonstrated by the stats stoi posted, leads me to decide that the VAST majority of torrenters are american, which brings us to the self-destructiveness of banning the US from most trackers, not including foreign language, and foreign content trackers.

Radon0r
01-24-2011, 05:05 AM
before we banned countries romania included but first it was Brazil, we would open up, lets say we got in 3,000 new members (we were getting in 6,000-8,000 a day at our peak) 75% would be from Brazil, and most of those would not be very good users (trade/sell/cheat/lots of dupes)...

No one is saying that the USA/UK doesnt have bad members, of course they do, its just the % is a hell of a lot less than some other countries (Brazil/Romania/Egypt/Israel) to name 4...

I've seen this general subject, that of banning countries from trackers, discussed on a variety of BT-related forums and private trackers; and the primary reason given by tracker staff has always been the exorbitantly high percentage of bad users to good ones from the banned country. The problems caused by these bad users are what drive the staff to take drastic actions such as a blanket ban on a country.

All these other speculative theories, especially the ones from people upset with the recent or past bans, are just that: speculation. They sound more like venting or poorly concealed gibes than reasons based on facts.

And to answer the OP: We seed our shit and follow the rules, that's why.

Waddafocky
01-24-2011, 05:50 AM
We seed our shit and follow the rules, that's why.
Just like the Geneva Convention.

bumrocks
01-24-2011, 06:36 AM
Thant's not the ''true''. The only thing that matter it's that the people from USA donate a lot. And this why it's not banned on trackers.

You are a fucktard and obviously haven't read the whole thread...Or you are simply a hater. Either way you are an asshat, imo.

Being that I am American I take stupid ass comments like that personally.

The Wanderer
01-24-2011, 08:39 AM
You are a fucktard and [...] you are an asshat, imo.

Remembering one of your recent threads I would say it takes one to know one. But being that I am a romanian like the person whose comment you quoted above, I don't take stupid ass comments like that personally.

bumrocks
01-24-2011, 04:10 PM
You are a fucktard and [...] you are an asshat, imo.

Remembering one of your recent threads I would say it takes one to know one. But being that I am a romanian like the person whose comment you quoted above, I don't take stupid ass comments like that personally.

Oh, I will admit to moments of stupidity. I am not immune. Maybe a better word for me to use or at least the meaning I was trying to convey is maddoxro's comments were completely ignorant in nature. My comments, have nothing to do with where he is from, either.

IdolEyes787
01-24-2011, 05:37 PM
We seed our shit and follow the rules, that's why.
Just like the Geneva Convention.

Yes ,yes they do.
No physical or mental torture, nor any other form of coercion, may be inflicted on prisoners of war to secure from them information of any kind whatever. Prisoners of war who refuse to answer may not be threatened, insulted, or exposed to any unpleasant or disadvantageous treatment of any kind.

Radon0r as I think Anarkial attempted to point out blanket statements are ignorant at best and dangerous at worst .

Waddafocky
01-24-2011, 06:49 PM
Also, wikileaks notwithstanding, any pictures stories etc. you find published are a tiny fraction of what actually goes on. Wikileaks also = drop in the bucket considering clearance levels. And Guantamo Bay is also a drop in the bucket - it has just helped to catch the public eye (but you'd be surprised at the amount of domestic illegalities going on).

But back on topic: I think this question has been sufficiently answered now, by siteops and otherwise. It was a stupid question to start with, although we got some surprisingly good answers. Perhaps a better question would be, "Why are countries usually banned from private trackers?" which was also answered.

maddoxro
01-24-2011, 10:10 PM

You are a fucktard and obviously haven't read the whole thread...Or you are simply a hater. Either way you are an asshat, imo.

You my friend are an idiot.
There is not a single line there in my post insulting or bashing the people from USA. In fact, if you would have read maybe just the title for this thread you would have understood my reply.
What you take '' personally '' ? The fact that people from USA donate a lot to trackers because they have shitty connections ? Then you really need to get out more often. And when i say OUT, i don't mean to clubs or disco, i mean OUT OF THE HOUSE. it's obvious that you are speeding waaaaay too much time on a pc, 'cause you take ''personally'' a post from someone who say some facts about the internet connection from 2 countries, and you act like i've just f0cked your mother =)))

like i said: open the door and make a few steps. take a breath of fresh air. You will see / feel the difference :)

Radon0r
01-24-2011, 11:46 PM
...Radon0r as I think Anarkial attempted to point out blanket statements are ignorant at best and dangerous at worst .

Especially when taken out of context, or applied to a context they were never meant for. On that point we agree.

For example:

http://www.fdungan.com/map1.jpg

Our prisons are packed like sardines in this country. Except those aren't sardines but Americans (well the majority of them probably) that have clearly broken the rules of the land and been caught. What was I thinking when I made my earlier post? Didn't it apply to every possible situation imaginable?

Hint: Nope.

Waddafocky
01-25-2011, 12:28 AM
Except the point about the blanket statement still applies, especially when you consider you don't really know how many of a trackers members are Americans and you can't really tell how many Americans cheat.

bumrocks
01-25-2011, 03:29 AM
The only thing that matter it's that the people from USA donate a lot. And this why it's not banned on trackers.

I am still trying to find the "fact" in that...Or how American donations are remotely connected to their speeds. It may be fact that we donate alot, but I fail to see why it is the factual reason why we are not banned as a country. Your statements are still ignorant. Add to the fact that I can only think of a few trackers that actually give you GBs for donations or even immunity for having shitty speeds by donating is ignorant. I live in America. Have disposable income. Have a good connection. Need no buffer. And I donate. All of this has nothing to do with being American though...

I am a single father of a 3 year old and am pretty certain I spend more time out of the house than most. And that does not include a club or "disco". You might also know that by my last post that I started I take very little seriously...Particularly when it comes to the Internet.

What I take personally is comments generalizing Americans and saying stupid shit like we are not banned cause we donate. I make no apologies, that is retarded. If I was Romanian I would take it somewhat personally when and if I was lumped in with cheaters and traders. Therefore, I would expect more from a Romanian when it came to generalizing a nation as you deal with it on a regular basis on the webz.

gamesover
01-25-2011, 07:22 AM
This has turned into a political thread that has little to do with why some countries are banned from trackers. You can't just ban a country because you don't like their government. This was a dumb idea for a thread, considering who started it I'm not suprised, and it has now derailed into a bunch of meaningless mudslinging and personal insults.

Intr4ns1t
01-25-2011, 12:08 PM
This has turned into a political thread that has little to do with why some countries are banned from trackers. You can't just ban a country because you don't like their government. This was a dumb idea for a thread, considering who started it I'm not suprised, and it has now derailed into a bunch of meaningless mudslinging and personal insults.

It's a pretty good parallel to real life isn't it? The truth is, I actually think this is a very important subject, not the US specifically, but country bans in general, due to that parallel to real life. Personally, I cannot abide such decisions, and do not use trackers that ban other countries.(that admit it at least) I can see the arguments for that decision, but I do not agree with the estimation that a large number of foreign users are bad users. I said it in another thread, and I'll repeat it here, but the primary problem with countries that get banned is how their internet is set up. NOT cultural shittiness as some would like to argue.

I would defy anyone who is staff to PROVE beyond any doubt that even a large minority of foreign members are bad users, with something OTHER than a list of ip addresses. I explained how that problem occurs, and anyone can look it up(dynamic ip pools(and I can throw forced proxies in there too, again drawn from a limited pool)). Lets look at the instance of "Dave" from a trade/sell forum, a guy who has proven over and over to be an unscrupulous individual, and I have seen him use upwards of 200 different ip addresses. He has wrought havoc in his BT history, and resulted in a lot of accounts at different sites getting banned. He probably got banned from PtN somewhere in the order of 25 or 30 times, PtN's own Jdye, if you will.

Where would you guess he's from? Australia. Do sites the world over ban Australia? They have shitty speeds, shitty distribution of ip addresses, forced proxies, and an aggressive attitude. Yet I know of not a single site that has ever considered banning them as a nation. The only difference between them and the countries that do get banned is the stability of the nation. Stable nations are much better at enforcing laws, so the staff have less to do when dealing with stable nations. Nation building is not an overnight process, and that is the truth.

bijoy
01-25-2011, 12:52 PM
Lets look at the instance of "Dave" from a trade/sell forum, a guy who has proven over and over to be an unscrupulous individual, and I have seen him use upwards of 200 different ip addresses. He has wrought havoc in his BT history, and resulted in a lot of accounts at different sites getting banned. He probably got banned from PtN somewhere in the order of 25 or 30 times, PtN's own Jdye, if you will.

Aye I guess I might saw the nick somewhere else very recently.. :P

IdolEyes787
01-25-2011, 01:14 PM

It hasn't turned into a political thread it's inherently political.

You can't just ban a country because you don't like their government.:unsure:

Whether it's stupid is another matter entirely .
Btw I think the thread topic is meant to be "stupid"( outrageous )as to illustrate the OP's perception that the wholesale banning of countries isn't just.

Intr4ns1t
01-25-2011, 01:22 PM
You can't just ban a country because you don't like their government.

As of October, 2007, the United States has sanctions against:[2] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_embargoes#cite_note-1)

Countries:

China (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/China), no arms-related exports, since 1989 (see Sino-American relations (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sino-American_relations#Tian.27anmen_to_September_11th.2C_2001))
Colombia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colombia), no drug-related exports, since 1972 (see Colombia-United States relations (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colombia-United_States_relations))
C๔te d'Ivoire (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C%C3%B4te_d%27Ivoire)/Ivory Coast, since 1986 (see C๔te d'Ivoire – United States relations (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C%C3%B4te_d%27Ivoire_%E2%80%93_United_States_relations))
Cuba (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cuba), since 1962 (see United States embargo against Cuba (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_embargo_against_Cuba))
Democratic Republic of the Congo (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democratic_Republic_of_the_Congo), since 1998 (see Democratic Republic of the Congo – United States relations (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democratic_Republic_of_the_Congo_%E2%80%93_United_States_relations))
Iran (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran), since 1979 (see Sanctions against Iran (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sanctions_against_Iran))
Republic of the Congo (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republic_of_the_Congo) (see Republic of the Congo-United States relations (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republic_of_the_Congo-United_States_relations))
Somalia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Somalia), since 1990 (supplies arms to the Transitional Federal Government (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transitional_Federal_Government), but no general trade. See Somalia-United States relations (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Somalia-United_States_relations))
Myanmar (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myanmar), since 1997 (see Burma – United States relations (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burma_%E2%80%93_United_States_relations))
North Korea (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Korea), since 1950 (see North Korea – United States relations (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Korea_%E2%80%93_United_States_relations))
Sudan (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sudan), since 2002 (see Sudan – United States relations (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sudan_%E2%80%93_United_States_relations))
Syria (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syria), since 1986 (see Syria – United States relations (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syria_%E2%80%93_United_States_relations))
Venezuela (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Venezuela), no defense article exports since 2006 (see United States – Venezuela relations (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_%E2%80%93_Venezuela_relations))
Zimbabwe (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zimbabwe), since 2008 (leadership and humanitarian aid, but not general trade; see United States – Zimbabwe relations (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_%E2%80%93_Zimbabwe_relations))

Persons:

President Alexander Lukashenko (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_Lukashenko) and other officials in the government of Belarus (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belarus)
Indonesia Palm Oil (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palm_oil#Indonesia) (Deforestation)[citation needed (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Citation_needed)]
The Taylor administration (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Taylor_%28Liberia%29) in Liberia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberia), which left office in 2003
Certain "Persons Who Threaten International Stabilization" in the Former Yugoslavia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Former_Yugoslavia)

There are also list-based sanctions related to terrorism (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrorism), diamond (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diamond) trading, narcotics (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcotics), nuclear proliferation (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_proliferation), and the sovereignty of Lebanon (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lebanon).[citation needed (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Citation_needed)]
Some countries listed are members of the World Trade Organization (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Trade_Organization), but WTO rules allow trade restrictions for non-economic purposes.
Recent countries which were removed from the list were Iraq (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraq) (removed 2005) and Libya (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Libya) (removed 2003).

:shutup:

stoi
01-25-2011, 01:59 PM
members from the philipines PDLT ISP are having loads of problems with our tracker, its not us its their ISP, and they are not banned and can still join, so for BCG its got nothing to do with crappy internet connections/backbones, its basically the majority of crappy users from those countries. (again not everyone is crappy, just the vast majority that come into BCG are). and thats the truth.

bijoy
01-25-2011, 06:59 PM
members from the philipines PDLT ISP are having loads of problems with our tracker, its not us its their ISP, and they are not banned and can still join, so for BCG its got nothing to do with crappy internet connections/backbones, its basically the majority of crappy users from those countries. (again not everyone is crappy, just the vast majority that come into BCG are). and thats the truth.

stoi, you can not compare every tracker with bcg all the time, as bcg is complete different. So, the problems you face while running bcg is also somewhat different from the problems what other sites face. And yes the 'crappy' ISPs creates lots of problem but you also have to remember that some users use their isp only to browse through the site, and they do all their leeching/seeding through seedbox thanks to the very low proce of them now-a-days. So, does it really cause any problem to anyone?? :unsure:

anon
01-25-2011, 07:14 PM
And yes the 'crappy' ISPs creates lots of problem but you also have to remember that some users use their isp only to browse through the site, and they do all their leeching/seeding through seedbox thanks to the very low proce of them now-a-days. So, does it really cause any problem to anyone?? :unsure:

Cool, now what about those who aren't among "some users"?

stoi
01-25-2011, 09:28 PM
why am i getting the crap here, everyone that has made assumptions have been lumping all trackers together and stating its FACT/THE TRUTH, when it bloody well isnt, and one of those was even a bloody staff member who should know bloody better.

and is that the answer then, you have crap connection, get a seedbox to survive, ffs heard everything now, BT is going to the fucking dogs with the members and some staff in it. what happened to just sharing and abiding by the rules, now its NOW NOW NOW, RATIO, RATIO RATIO, break as many rules as we can crap. (they are breaking the law so we will break their rules, its only fair, bollocks).

Intr4ns1t
01-26-2011, 12:01 AM
why am i getting the crap here,

Cuz you are one of the only staffers with the nuts to address the issue in public.

slocker
01-26-2011, 01:19 AM
because that would leave the trackers with %99.99 less content.

Waddafocky
01-26-2011, 03:44 AM
why am i getting the crap here, everyone that has made assumptions have been lumping all trackers together and stating its FACT/THE TRUTH, when it bloody well isnt, and one of those was even a bloody staff member who should know bloody better.

and is that the answer then, you have crap connection, get a seedbox to survive, ffs heard everything now, BT is going to the fucking dogs with the members and some staff in it. what happened to just sharing and abiding by the rules, now its NOW NOW NOW, RATIO, RATIO RATIO, break as many rules as we can crap. (they are breaking the law so we will break their rules, its only fair, bollocks).
My respect for BCG just jumped tenfold.

And what Intr4ns1t said.

bumrocks
01-26-2011, 04:33 AM
I also thank stoi, since everything he has said has been the closest to the fact that I have seen and helps make my point in the side-argument I have rolling. Intr4ns1t already knows how I feel about him and his opinions ;)

Intr4ns1t
01-26-2011, 10:39 AM
I also thank stoi, since everything he has said has been the closest to the fact that I have seen and helps make my point in the side-argument I have rolling. Intr4ns1t already knows how I feel about him and his opinions ;)

:cry:

bijoy
01-26-2011, 01:27 PM
why am i getting the crap here,

Cuz you are one of the only staffers with the nuts to address the issue in public.

The world 'public' have a huge meaning in real world, but not here. It means nothing when you use it here. And 'the issue' <-- is there anything better than political issue?

Cool, now what about those who aren't among "some users"?

Simple. They can use my tips for 'other users' in Tips for New BT users thread. :01:

Here goes another one.. :fst:

anon
01-26-2011, 05:22 PM
Simple. They can use my tips for 'other users' in Tips for New BT users thread. :01:

Which one of them can solve connectivity problems caused by a crappy ISP?

karachidude
01-26-2011, 11:29 PM

Which one of them can solve connectivity problems caused by a crappy ISP?

u could create ur own "tips for new bt users" thread u know,competition is good :yup:

anon
01-27-2011, 01:56 AM
I posted on the one bijoy's referred to. There were a lot of useful tips for BT beginners indeed there, so I thought I'd say something useful too, for a change.

mysoogals
01-29-2011, 03:19 PM
the reason Americans are not banned is simple because they are using a language that the majority of the world understands its called English, it is simple as that, can you imagine if the Americans switched the TV shows in Romanian tomorrow ? or some other less known language ? you can assume well administrators will block em all because we don't understand you without subtitles.

IdolEyes787
01-29-2011, 04:44 PM
You're using an approximation of English and I'm having trouble understanding you.:unsure:

TrustedGuy
01-29-2011, 11:14 PM
because 90% of the users in every tracker are from the USA...

anon
01-29-2011, 11:26 PM

Even on local trackers? :eyebrows:

Enlightened
01-29-2011, 11:48 PM
the reason Americans are not banned is simple because they are using a language that the majority of the world understands its called English, it is simple as that, can you imagine if the Americans switched the TV shows in Romanian tomorrow ? or some other less known language ? you can assume well administrators will block em all because we don't understand you without subtitles.

That is such a Crappy xplanation and is just PURE ARROGANCE,.....has NOTHING to do with English,some of the Best Trackers I found is in European countries like Romania,Hungary.

Maybe,most of the Ratio Cheaters are NOT from U.S ....that could be a "possibility",perhaps.

CleverMan
01-31-2011, 07:34 AM
lol you can't be trusted:P

Cut-Copy-Paste
02-01-2011, 06:54 PM
[QUOTE=Anarkial;3550918]Because the U.S. steals money from other countries (such as Romania), enriches their own economy with the money, so U.S. users will most likely have more disposable cash (donations), which is the most important factor for any private tracker.

U mean OIL ?

And can some one point me out why India comes on this list?
Broadband penetration is ultra low here and most people here r stuck with 256kbps connection n dnt give sh*t abt torrents especially pvt.

anon
02-01-2011, 07:49 PM
... most people here r stuck with 256kbps connection n dnt give sh*t abt torrents especially pvt.

The 256Kers that do give a shit about private torrents screwed it for you all :idunno:

bijoy
02-01-2011, 08:35 PM
Broadband penetration is ultra low here and most people here r stuck with 256kbps connection n dnt give sh*t abt torrents especially pvt.

I thought that was at least 10mbps... Being an Indian, I've to say that I can't get more than 48mbps normally, but upto 20mbps is easily avilable, everywhere.. Mine is 10/10 daytime, and 48/48 at night..

Aye I remember: I used to have 256kbps back in 2004, but with that connection, I uploaded almost 60GB in oink..
Smart? :yes:

anon
02-01-2011, 09:01 PM
Mine is 10/10 daytime, and 48/48 at night..

Mine is 3/0.2 daytime, and 3/0.6 at night. :01:

bijoy
02-01-2011, 09:09 PM
Mine is 10/10 daytime, and 48/48 at night..

Mine is 3/0.2 daytime, and 3/0.6 at night. :01:

no increase in dl speed?? That sucks.. :(

anon
02-01-2011, 09:18 PM
I don't care about that. I don't download huge stuff and I don't mind waiting.

Cut-Copy-Paste
02-04-2011, 07:46 AM
I thought that was at least 10mbps... Being an Indian, I've to say that I can't get more than 48mbps normally, but upto 20mbps is easily avilable, everywhere.. Mine is 10/10 daytime, and 48/48 at night..

I my self have 2/.5 connection and pay around Rs 1800

Unless ur in University Or under governmental scheme i would say dats impossible.

Gide me 2wards ISP website dat offer such survice and i wont kiss any1 for next 2 years.

bijoy
02-04-2011, 11:37 AM

Unless ur in University Or under governmental scheme i would say dats impossible.

Gide me 2wards ISP website dat offer such survice and i wont kiss any1 for next 2 years.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/892745732.png
http://www.speedtest.net/result/933205703.png
http://www.speedtest.net/result/1055331710.png

^^ see the isp there... Its only 2000/month ($45/month) worth it. :P

Cut-Copy-Paste
02-04-2011, 12:08 PM

^^ see the isp there... Its only 2000/month ($45/month) worth it. :P[/QUOTE]

HOLY CRAP

where exactly do u reside? 800 mile from New Delhi n 1500 frm mumbai. I would say NE state or something? And AFAIK CANL Dynamic is not an residential ISP. The name just appears to me as a front head of a company/school/university network or local cable internet network(What i think is most probable).

Any way since local cable network is not such popular think in new delhi this is what best one can get here http://goo.gl/Qq8Xt

slocker
02-04-2011, 12:15 PM

Yes you obviously live in a rich enclave of India.Congratulations.Now get some perspective.

anon
02-04-2011, 04:04 PM

Can be bothered to find old speed tests but not to take a single new one? :O

Cut-Copy-Paste
02-06-2011, 08:45 AM
I m getting feel as if all dis was troll :unsure:

bijoy
02-15-2011, 06:07 PM

HOLY CRAP

where exactly do u reside? 800 mile from New Delhi n 1500 frm mumbai. I would say NE state or something? And AFAIK CANL Dynamic is not an residential ISP. The name just appears to me as a front head of a company/school/university network or local cable internet network(What i think is most probable).

Any way since local cable network is not such popular think in new delhi this is what best one can get here http://goo.gl/Qq8Xt[/QUOTE]

sorry as I forgot about this post, so late in replying.
Firstly, my isp is a local isp. It doesn't even have any website of their own, so, I can't give you any link of their price chart. When I got my connection for the first time, they used to have Airtel as their service provider. Suddenly, all changed and this name came as provider.
One thing I can understand from this isp: illeagal bandwidth ftw in India. Sorry.
Canyl Dynamic IP is actually an aussie ISP. but..... ^^
P.S. I live in kolkata.

anon
02-15-2011, 06:35 PM
Firstly, my isp is a local isp. It doesn't even have any website of their own, so, I can't give you any link of their price chart.

Your Internet service provider doesn't have a Web site? That's like a telemarketing company not having a phone number. :mellow:

One thing I can understand from this isp: illeagal bandwidth ftw in India. Sorry.
Canyl Dynamic IP is actually an aussie ISP. but..... ^^

I guess that if someone stole your Wi-Fi they'd create a black hole because there can't be so much illegality in one place. :ninja:

bijoy
02-16-2011, 05:47 AM
Your Internet service provider doesn't have a Web site? That's like a telemarketing company not having a phone number. :mellow:

I know that sounds really funny but here in our city there might be 20-3- such providers are there who always compete between themselves for getting more customers by lowering the rate of internet connectivity... :(

Cut-Copy-Paste
02-19-2011, 03:14 AM
I still wonder how an ISP can STEAL brandwith from other ISP. If Canal Dynamic is Aussie ISP (btw no such info abt canal on google) local Isp still would have to use their brandwith before using the Aussie isp server to redirect the traffic..

But i m not most knowledgeable person on working of ISP etc so i would say fair enough (since i think any1 would be more interested in brandwith den knowing where it comes from).

PS : apologies for irresponsible comment