PDA

View Full Version : You Know What's Ridiculous

Waddafocky
01-23-2011, 03:15 AM
When people download a movie because it's freeleech and it'll boost their ratio.

Case in point:
http://i.imgur.com/HZ99E.png

http://i.imgur.com/cDh9V.png

anon
01-23-2011, 03:30 AM
You know what's also ridiculous? Making your seedbox autosnatch every damn thing that gets put on the tracker, ratio whore on those torrents and then delete them to be able to repeat the cycle. Yet it's commonplace as well. :idunno:

Waddafocky
01-23-2011, 05:52 AM
You know, because you put it that way, private BT is way too similar to Wall Street. You could draw a LOT of analogies...

ScottK
01-23-2011, 05:56 AM
Dont tell me you not downloading that

kukushka
01-23-2011, 07:04 AM
and you can only blame idiotic ratio systems for it....

ca_aok
01-23-2011, 07:22 AM
You know what's also ridiculous? Making your seedbox autosnatch every damn thing that gets put on the tracker, ratio whore on those torrents and then delete them to be able to repeat the cycle. Yet it's commonplace as well. :idunno:
Yes, because having people inject fake data into the swarm so that they don't even have to bother seeding and can just hit and run the entire site is a much better solution.

While I think ratio whores are hilarious, they pale in comparison to what you do. At least they're seeding back, if only for a while.

Bionic
01-23-2011, 08:05 AM
I duno if this fits in here.. I tried to download a file off demonoid.. It fuckin' tok 2days for a slutty-size of 2GB. Now, I went to sleep that night and woke up seeing that uTorrent gave the whole upload speed to demonoid, buffd me up with 8GB. NOW - the worst thing is that: the torrent was linkd to 7 different trackers. and geez, I din't get any ratio for that on demonoid.

if I din't make sense hence why I am high..

ehm, I don't even know what I am typing lol

Night0wl
01-23-2011, 08:47 AM
I duno if this fits in here.. I tried to download a file off demonoid.. It fuckin' tok 2days for a slutty-size of 2GB. Now, I went to sleep that night and woke up seeing that uTorrent gave the whole upload speed to demonoid, buffd me up with 8GB. NOW - the worst thing is that: the torrent was linkd to 7 different trackers. and geez, I din't get any ratio for that on demonoid.

if I din't make sense hence why I am high..

ehm, I don't even know what I am typing lol

You did a nice thing. Live with it.

Someone once said sharing is caring

Daniel_30
01-23-2011, 09:46 AM
What's the point for this thread anarkial ! all freeleech torrents help who in trouble on his ratio, so if you have good ratio just ignore it and that include WHORES seedboxes.

bijoy
01-23-2011, 11:09 AM
and you can only blame idiotic ratio systems for it....

yea, ratio whres use auto-snatch using seedbox. :/

GreenTea
01-23-2011, 02:20 PM
Sometimes I'll download a freeleech to boost ratio,
but I don't download it AGAIN. My connection is too slow for that kind of abuse.

whatcdfan
01-23-2011, 03:13 PM
If i was staff, i would ban the seedboxes on freeleech torrents, this privilege has to be for home users only

CleverMan
01-23-2011, 03:21 PM
Well that freeleech may help users with low ratios to raise it, so they can download what they want afterwards. What is ridiculous is like anon said there are some morons with seedboxes snatching freeleech to boost their ratio (which is already over9000), while not having any interest in content
btw seems like a good movie :)

GreenTea
01-23-2011, 03:28 PM
I bet it's also the people with seedboxes who have a lot of invites. Bummer.

CleverMan
01-23-2011, 03:38 PM
I bet it's also the people with seedboxes who have a lot of invites. Bummer.
Of course not, only in some cases

ScottK
01-23-2011, 03:45 PM
If i was staff, i would ban the seedboxes on freeleech torrents, this privilege has to be for home users only

just impossible to do

IdolEyes787
01-23-2011, 04:06 PM
You know what's really ridiculous ? That it's minus 22C with a windchill of -37C and I just had to shovel snow again for the fourth time in the last week.

That and Steven Tyler on American Idol .

ca_aok
01-23-2011, 05:11 PM
You know what's really ridiculous ? That it's minus 22C with a windchill of -37C and I just had to shovel snow again for the fourth time in the last week.

It's only -33 with the windchill here. Suck it.

anon
01-23-2011, 05:24 PM
Yes, because having people inject fake data into the swarm so that they don't even have to bother seeding and can just hit and run the entire site is a much better solution.

"Injecting fake data into the swarm" :blink:

Demonoid doesn't care about your ratio. Meaning nothing will happen to you nor the guys that maybe have a sucky one on that torrent because you "overseeded" it.

If you want your ratio to count next time, avoid external torrents and edit the tracker URLs so that only Demonoid's is present.

Quarterquack
01-23-2011, 05:35 PM

-39 with the windchill here. Clearly I'm winning.

Waddafocky
01-23-2011, 05:51 PM

-39 with the windchill here. Clearly I'm winning.
Sunny here - I already won.

ca_aok
01-23-2011, 06:10 PM
"Injecting fake data into the swarm" :blink:
Sue me over terminology, I wrote that at 2:30AM on a Saturday night, you're lucky it was even comprehensible. You completely ignored the point. Lamenting against seedboxes when you're in the position you are is ridiculous at best.

-39 with the windchill here. Clearly I'm winning
Depends on your definition of "win".

anon
01-23-2011, 06:15 PM
You completely ignored the point. Lamenting against seedboxes when you're in the position you are is ridiculous at best.

Nope, I just didn't bother...

Do I win?

IdolEyes787
01-23-2011, 06:26 PM
You completely ignored the point. Lamenting against seedboxes when you're in the position you are is ridiculous at best.

Do I win?

I think it's safe to say as we are all sitting at a computer browsing FST instead of doing something better ,we are all winners. :mellow:

Waddafocky
01-23-2011, 06:31 PM

Do I win?

I think it's safe to say as we are all sitting at a computer browsing FST instead of doing something better ,we are all winners. :mellow:
You lose, sir, for realizing this truth.

bijoy
01-23-2011, 06:45 PM
You lose, sir, for realizing this truth.

who knows there might be some people who is doing many things simultaniously, like browsing fst, and doing some thing in real life too..

anon
01-23-2011, 06:51 PM
some people who is doing many things simultaniously, like browsing fst, and doing some thing in real life too..

*pictures someone browsing FST from a laptop at the same time he does other stuff*

Bleh, I'm not sure that can be.

Chief_Garbonzo
01-23-2011, 06:59 PM
LOL, I'm sitting on my ass, in my pajamas still, sipping coffee. No multi-tasking here! :P

Waddafocky
01-23-2011, 08:41 PM
By the way, the film I referred to at the top is a very good film. I guess I can appreciate PTP for at bringing it to about 150 people's attentions - shame on those who get it but don't watch it.