PDA

View Full Version : Ratio Tax

respawn40
01-26-2011, 04:53 PM
Hello,

from februar on, all torrents beside the GOG set wont be on freeleech anymore.

There will be a new Bountie System however which will be start on the first februar days.

The details will be made public on Januar 30th.

The goal of the new Bountie System is to encourage activity on HDDX. And that with more than just a 1:1 ratio.

People can dump..and learn to dump games, to verificate dumps, to upload missing games, videogamemusicalbums, scans , to donate money etc.

A big difference to other Bountie Systems is that every! HDDX user will pay upload ratio into a big pool. Any contributions will get "paid" trough this Bountie Pool.

Every HDDX User which isnt in the Contributor Class or Set Maintainer will get 20% of his Download ratio removed from his upload ratio

As a example,

Some who downloaded 10 GB and also uploaded 10 GB gets 2 GB removed from his upload ratio.

In the case that nothing was downloaded, due to freeleech torrents, 10% gets removed from the upload ratio

This means that everyone who doesnt contribute via dumps, scans, donations,money or verifications needs to seed more as he is leeching.

We have over 400 users here but only the same 20-40 users are contributing to our community aka helping to enhance our content7redump sets etc.

The rest has to contribute now via upload.

To spice the system up, there will also be harder ratio rules from februar on which guarantee a kick out of HDDX for those which are below a 0,8 ratio for more than 2 weeks.

Any complaints like "nobody downloaded from me " and bla are pointless since everyone can improve his ratio very easily trough active contributions.

I dont want to spoil any details but there will be the big bountie of 50! GB for every dumped disc or game.

Missing games can be bought in many many cases for less than 8 dollars or euro.I see three outcomes of this:

1) More people contribute (least likely): The people who already contribute will continue to do so without an enlarged incentive (they already are awarded some upload, but not from a giant pool created through taking away from the rest of the userbase)

2) More people donate (more likely): Donations become more like "fees", since they will be made out of "necessity". Tracker turns to a sort of pay2leech.

3) The already small userbase becomes smaller (most likely): This will only serve to harm retention.

If you notice, the only people that are going to be "taxed" are those who are not in the contributor class, or in other words, the only people that are going to be taxed are the people who don't already gain upload without having to have downloaded anything, so that the people who do already get upload can get even more upload.

This feels completely wrong to me, as they are devaluing the people who seed and leech and place all value only on those who upload torrents.

What do you guys think of actively taking away upload that people have spent time and bandwidth on to try and create contribution and give extra reward to those who already contribute?

ca_aok
01-26-2011, 07:51 PM
I'm not a member of the site, but it sounds like a small place trying to encourage user-made game rips? In that case I don't think that it's a bad idea to try and get more people to contribute.

Speedo
01-26-2011, 09:18 PM
I like tracker with a fair ratio system and enough freeleech torrents so maintaining the ratio is easy. It's no secret that I'm a fan of ipt, and I really don't like all the other schemes at all. When I download stuff I think about ratio but I also like to keep torrents alive and have had rare torrents with 20.00 ratio on public trackers. If I'm forced to keep torrents alive from trackers I don't have that choice. Thats why I like a straight ratio system. I get to choose what to seed and when. Then I can concentrate on ratio on one site at the time.

karachidude
01-26-2011, 11:16 PM
I like tracker with a fair ratio system and enough freeleech torrents so maintaining the ratio is easy. It's no secret that I'm a fan of ipt, and I really don't like all the other schemes at all. When I download stuff I think about ratio but I also like to keep torrents alive and have had rare torrents with 20.00 ratio on public trackers. If I'm forced to keep torrents alive from trackers I don't have that choice. Thats why I like a straight ratio system. I get to choose what to seed and when. Then I can concentrate on ratio on one site at the time.

combine gft with ipt there,and u wll never have to worry bout ratio ;)

gamesover
01-27-2011, 02:26 AM

combine gft with ipt there,and u wll never have to worry bout ratio ;)

Or replace gft with pretome, much easier to get invited there.

Cabalo
01-27-2011, 03:41 AM
Oh, the joy of BT.

A
01-27-2011, 05:18 AM
Oh, the joy of BT.
ken I hez invite to BT? Seems like a l33t tracker.

Waddafocky
01-27-2011, 05:56 AM
Oh, the joy of BT.
ken I hez invite to BT? Seems like a l33t tracker.
Go back to Mininova.