PDA

View Full Version : 51 torrent sites went down the drain today

Cabalo
01-28-2011, 05:09 AM
In case someone missed the news, the full article is on our Home page (http://filesharingtalk.com/content/704-MPAA-Shuts-Down-50-Torrent-Sites-in-Global-Sting).

Any news on the names of those taken down ?

slocker
01-28-2011, 08:58 AM
In case someone missed the news, the full article is on our Home page (http://filesharingtalk.com/content/704-MPAA-Shuts-Down-50-Torrent-Sites-in-Global-Sting).

If you have to ask then does it even matter?.They obviously weren't important.

p3st
01-28-2011, 09:54 AM
don't know if it's related or not with the takedown , but ftn and bitsoup are down... :(

teflon05
01-28-2011, 09:58 AM
FTN - Moving, will be back up ASAP.

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30InBgGhiSo) Just to be clear, our email service was not taken down. As you can see, the server is still up (obviously).
As of the moment, the site is actually still up, just not visible. This is why our IRC bot is still inviting to the channel.
Stop freaking out, we're not going anywhere. We're just moving to a better setup since the old one is broken (should have the hardware soon) and we'll be back up to speed.
All emails are safe.

IdolEyes787
01-28-2011, 11:35 AM

They were important to somebody idiot.

VinX
01-28-2011, 02:10 PM
FTN - Moving, will be back up ASAP.

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30InBgGhiSo) Just to be clear, our email service was not taken down. As you can see, the server is still up (obviously).
As of the moment, the site is actually still up, just not visible. This is why our IRC bot is still inviting to the channel.
Stop freaking out, we're not going anywhere. We're just moving to a better setup since the old one is broken (should have the hardware soon) and we'll be back up to speed.
All emails are safe.

FTN Ain't gone ... pff..

and the ones i use aren't gone.. so i dont really care about those 50 sites. .. ..

Making trackers are childs play in this world... rent a box and setup a tracker.. its that easy :P

Waddafocky
01-28-2011, 02:28 PM
Making trackers are childs play in this world... rent a box and setup a tracker.. its that easy :P
I didn't see you saying that in the FSC birthday thread...

Intr4ns1t
01-28-2011, 02:53 PM
"An Avatar", not "A Avatar".;)

On topic, this and the recent google instant results decision have me disconcerted, though in fairness, I have yet to figure out any sites that are down as a result of this particular "move" but it's a open declaration of war from the Maafia. Beyond that, the newest version of the Kill Switch act that just got revived is even more draconian that the original, and removes judicial review from the process of which sites/servers fall under the banner of imminent threat to the national e-infrastructure. Nations all over the planet have been engaging in questionable censorship activities on a local level, so I am forced to ask myself, how long before these measures become global? Like "UN"(lol, united, right) mandated, which would introduce a whole new scary ass realm of internet control, as well as social control.

/tinfoil hat part of the post

I guess my biggest question is, is this just the tip of the iceberg? Or just another ice cube we are supposed to think is the end of the world as we know it?

Waddafocky
01-28-2011, 03:00 PM
I just KNEW someone would say that... Fixed.

Intr4ns1t
01-28-2011, 03:14 PM
And here I thought you were gonna excuse it by saying you meant "A James Cameron's Avatar"... :P

anon
01-28-2011, 04:37 PM

Of course they weren't important, they weren't on the WTO...

bijoy
01-28-2011, 04:45 PM

Rent??? wtf!
I thought that most of those 'kids' have their own box or the older ones even have their own server :idunno:

Quarterquack
01-28-2011, 06:59 PM

Rent??? wtf!
I thought that most of those 'kids' have their own box or the older ones even have their own server :idunno:

And you're sure you staffed at a website, right?

bijoy
01-28-2011, 07:43 PM
Rent??? wtf!

And you're sure you staffed at a website, right?

not 'staffed' but 'coded' that site... Have knowledge about coding but not about the site management. :idunno:

Cabalo
01-29-2011, 02:17 AM
Not a single name has popped up. I start to believe there are some bogus informations being passed by the MPAA and BREIN to the public in order to instill fear.

Waddafocky
01-29-2011, 02:23 AM
I hear whitehouse.gov was shut down for being unrepentant pirates.

slocker
01-29-2011, 02:57 AM

Of course they weren't important, they weren't on the WTO...

the what?.

anon
01-29-2011, 03:00 AM
Check that little thing labeled "What Trackers Offer" below the site banner.

Waddafocky
01-29-2011, 03:27 AM
Check that little thing labeled "What Trackers Offer" below the site banner.
I thought you were talking about the World Trade Organization and being intelligently facetious.

Hiccup
01-29-2011, 07:20 PM
Well, it seems that darksiderg was one of the sites...kind of, but they'll be back.

http://torrentfreak.com/axxos-home-darksiderg-disconnected-by-the-mpaa-110129/

anon
01-29-2011, 07:29 PM
I thought you were talking about the World Trade Organization and being intelligently facetious.

I think the WTO does have something to do with trading, though.

slocker
01-29-2011, 07:53 PM
Well, it seems that darksiderg was one of the sites...kind of, but they'll be back.

thank god.what will we do without our crap axxo re-rips:O

Waddafocky
01-29-2011, 09:01 PM

I think the WTO does have something to do with trading, though.
Bahaha, you got me.

@slocker: Even if YOU don't use axxo rips, there are many many people for whom that quality suffices. For example, people who are interested in content over PQ or those with limited bandwidth.

anon
01-29-2011, 09:04 PM
those with limited bandwidth.

Warez-BB and IPT have 300MB versions of movies. The quality is quite good.

Hiccup
01-30-2011, 12:04 AM

thank god.what will we do without our crap axxo re-rips:O

Not good for you, but might be good for someone, and that wasn't the only thing darksiderg had.

pro267
01-30-2011, 01:06 AM
I don't know about the sites shut down "abroad", but anyone stupid enough to host a tracker in the US deserves to be taken down (also deserves a lobotomy imho, as they obviously have little need of a functioning brEin).

anon
01-30-2011, 01:34 AM
anyone stupid enough to host a tracker in the US deserves to be taken down

To a lesser extreme, agreed. Hosting a tracker on the United States isn't a very good idea from a security point of view. The servers of IPT, TT and PTM are located there, and they appear to be doing fine, however.

slocker
01-30-2011, 02:50 AM
Oh stop preaching mr know it all.Europe is far from a safe haven, as several high profile sites can atest.

anon
01-30-2011, 03:05 AM
I never said Europe or any other country outside of the US was perfectly safe for hosting trackers, if you're addressing me.

slocker
01-30-2011, 03:08 AM
I wasn't....thought it was obvious who.

pro267
01-30-2011, 03:26 AM
The only thing not obvious here is who the hell you are and why would you be such a coward so as to feel it necessary to open a new account, rather than post from your original one.

Oh, and as stated before, most places in Europe are hardly safe as well, but I bet neither of them is as risky as running a tracker in the "country of the free".

slocker
01-30-2011, 03:31 AM
what?.um...whatever.

St33lC1tY736
01-30-2011, 05:52 AM

On topic, this and the recent google instant results decision have me disconcerted, though in fairness, I have yet to figure out any sites that are down as a result of this particular "move" but it's a open declaration of war from the Maafia. Beyond that, the newest version of the Kill Switch act that just got revived is even more draconian that the original, and removes judicial review from the process of which sites/servers fall under the banner of imminent threat to the national e-infrastructure. Nations all over the planet have been engaging in questionable censorship activities on a local level, so I am forced to ask myself, how long before these measures become global? Like "UN"(lol, united, right) mandated, which would introduce a whole new scary ass realm of internet control, as well as social control.

/tinfoil hat part of the post

I guess my biggest question is, is this just the tip of the iceberg? Or just another ice cube we are supposed to think is the end of the world as we know it?

Nothing u said there merits a tinfoil hat...all just part of the ever-evolving destruction of freedom around the planet. It seems the only thing world governing bodies are good at is stealing from the coffers of their nation's poor and working class, surveilling the shit out of us & censoring all forms of media we use.

Hopefully the trackers of the world, where ever they're located, will always remain 5 steps ahead of these elitist corporate scumbags.
/off topic?

On topic: even though those shut down were small they did serve a purpose to their members and any tracker shut down, all of which don't host any pirated media whatsoever just torrent files, is a bad omen for a free and open internet.

Waddafocky
01-30-2011, 08:33 AM
Hopefully the trackers of the world, where ever they're located, will always remain 5 steps ahead of these elitist corporate scumbags.
Google Red Queen Hypothesis and weep.