PDA

View Full Version : Are you interested in torrent sites that deal with magic?

Polarbear
02-04-2011, 11:59 AM
Are you interested in torrent sites that deal with magic?

Disme
02-04-2011, 12:07 PM
Not in the least.
But it seems magic came to us at FST and thus I feel I have the right to give my opinion about it.

bijoy
02-04-2011, 12:15 PM
Fuck no.
But can understand some of th trouble involving magic (sites) :P

Jacqueline
02-04-2011, 12:31 PM
hello dear fst members, the magic torrent world is a pretty closed up world. all quality trackers are closed for none members (magicwarrior, magictorrent, AOM). there are some forums around where you can download from rapidshare but that was not your question right? if you are starting up in magic, you can better go to demonoid.me as they have hundreds of magic files which are accessible. also bitme.org has a collection of magic. the other option is to accept bad management and sign up at one of the lower ranked sites that are on internet who are only looking for traders or else you will be out. and im sure our raving looney will tell you very soon which ones those are.

magical greetings, jacqueline

IdolEyes787
02-04-2011, 12:40 PM

No but I've a keen interest in places that pertain to Hacky Sack and Ultimate Frisbee.

That was misdirection btw since we in the magic fraternity like to maintain our secrecy since the money wonder would be gone if Muggles common folk knew everything.

Edit : Obviously I'm joking in the last statement ,I know nothing about Magics beyond Willow being a lesbian.

Edit: Not really I was serious but I don't want to get in trouble and risk having Teller stop talking to me.

Burnsy
02-04-2011, 12:41 PM
Nope, not in the slightest, well, not since I was a fair bit younger anyway... just grew out of it I suppose

IdolEyes787
02-04-2011, 12:48 PM
Nope, not in the slightest, well, not since I was a fair bit younger anyway... just grew out of it I suppose

Suggest Ultimate Frisbee then as an alternative since we could really use another member.

zot
02-04-2011, 12:52 PM
Would this be from a magician's or a fan's perspective? (As magicians don't like to discuss their craft with non-magicians, I can't see much possibility of any sort of mutual arrangement.)

I've looked for a few instructional DVD titles before, but I've never found any, on any P2P. So yes, I think it's something that there certainly could be a need for.

slocker
02-04-2011, 01:08 PM
I like great pictures but I'm not interested in photography.

stan
02-04-2011, 01:21 PM
Not in the slightest. They all seem to be non-sharing file sharers.

Burnsy
02-04-2011, 01:27 PM

Suggest Ultimate Frisbee then as an alternative since we could really use another member.

I'm willing to give it a shot... :lol:

A
02-04-2011, 01:54 PM
Not interested in magic sites, but I like to see magic and realized long time back that the simplest of tricks which are simple to perform using everyday stuff baffle and excite the everyday folks the most (Parties, family, friends, gathering, dinner etc ... )

gamesover
02-04-2011, 02:30 PM
hello dear fst members, the magic torrent world is a pretty closed up world. all quality trackers are closed for none members (magicwarrior, magictorrent, AOM).

Just curious why magic trackers are so closed off to new members. Even when invites are virtually impossible to get it still won't completely stop the collectors from joining. I've seen a few odd AOM trades and some members have probably been invited just because they know the right people or bullshitted really well in their application email. Obviously the intent was to make the tracker for true magic enthusiasts only and I'm sure a lot of the members are, it's just that by making the so trackers so impossible to get into a lot of the time the people you are attracting aren't trying to get into the tracker for magic.

megabyteme
02-04-2011, 03:09 PM
I like to cook, so I think it would be very handy to have one of those magic hats that gives you free bunnies. I get arrested sometimes, so it would also be beneficial to be able to disappear and escape from handcuffs.

Guess I'm just interested for the practical uses...

ca_aok
02-04-2011, 03:11 PM
Absolutely not. And hell, even if I was, this latest display here would probably turn me off ever joining a magic tracker since they seem to be full of drama llamas.

Tokeman
02-04-2011, 03:20 PM
Absolutely not. And hell, even if I was, this latest display here would probably turn me off ever joining a magic tracker since they seem to be full of drama llamas.

Yea, and we all well know the rest of the BT world is drama free :D

Disme
02-04-2011, 03:33 PM
polarbear is teh funny
True dat, he's the result of a rabbit gone wrong :)

ca_aok
02-04-2011, 03:34 PM
This shit makes the rest of BT look like a rose garden, which is hilarious.

A
02-04-2011, 03:37 PM
beauty of a rose garden is that, its full of thorns. So ...

Duckater
02-04-2011, 04:03 PM
interested in magik rather than magic me :)

IdolEyes787
02-04-2011, 04:04 PM

The thought is that you appreciate the beauty of rose the more for having to also suffer the thorns .I don't think that can be applied here.
I doubt if anyone would have been moved come up with something equally so poetic regarding a filesharing protocol burdened with a bunch of duplicitous , self-serving , arrogant (post ) adolescents .

bijoy
02-04-2011, 04:08 PM

you are forgetting lots of ptp e-dramas which happened nt more than 7-8 months ago :P

anon
02-04-2011, 04:12 PM

Nope.

A
02-04-2011, 04:17 PM

The thought is that you appreciate the beauty of rose the more for having to also suffer the thorns .I don't think that can be applied here.
I doubt if anyone would have been moved come up with something equally so poetic regarding a filesharing protocol burdened with a bunch of duplicitous , self-serving , arrogant (post ) adolescents .
" duplicitous , self-serving , arrogant (post ) adolescents ." are the thorns
The files we download, are the roses. :whistling

whatcdfan
02-04-2011, 04:26 PM
I need a break from a discussion on the "magic"

IdolEyes787
02-04-2011, 04:28 PM
" duplicitous , self-serving , arrogant (post ) adolescents ." are the thorns
The files we download, are the roses. :whistling

Without going as far to say that you missed my point entirely, I think you would be a perfect audience member for a David Blaine show.

AOMK by any other name would smell as sweet .

Actual quote oft misquoted like I did - for posterity: " What's in a name?
That which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet"

bijoy
02-04-2011, 04:29 PM
I need a break from a discussion on the "magic"

seconded

Quarterquack
02-04-2011, 05:01 PM

You actually made me laugh out loud. :lol:

AOMK by any other name would smell as sweet .

Actual quote oft misquoted like I did - for posterity: " What's in a name?
By any other name would smell as sweet"

I actually used that on my midterm on Wednesday. Forgot an enzyme name, so put down *. Hopefully the marking TA/prof when I see him have a sense of humor.

* - "What's in a name?
By any other name would smell as sweet

P.S. I'm blanking out on this question, but this Shakespeare quote should suffice for this answer. If you still want the answer it's on slide 48 of lecture 4. My memory isn't all that bad."

MrBean
02-05-2011, 08:20 AM
I am not interested, and I doubt many people would be.

I've looked for a few instructional DVD titles before, but I've never found any, on any P2P. So yes, I think it's something that there certainly could be a need for.

Ahh yeah there is, take BitMe for example. They have a whole category on Magic, with a couple hundred torrents - so I dont think there is much of a need for it, especially since its not in high demand.