PDA

View Full Version : Cannot access Demonoid account

DarkLured
02-04-2011, 09:14 PM
I can no longer access my Demonoid account. A few weeks ago my computer crashed and I lost all my saved passwords in Firefox, and my Demonoid password was one of the few I didn't have saved elsewhere. I can't remember the password (I hadn't had to type it in years) and my email address for password recovery is no longer valid (I set up my account many years ago and forgot to update the email address when I got a new one). I've sent multiple polite emails to the staff contact address requesting help over the past couple weeks but have never received a reply (I assume they are busy and receive many, many emails). And the forums are only open to members, so I can't ask for help there. Does anyone have any other suggestions? Or better yet, if you are a staff member or know one, maybe you could help me out? Any help would be appreciated.

Tokeman
02-04-2011, 09:29 PM
How about just creating a new account? invites are a dime a dozen...
I know you loose your stats, but is that really a big deal on demonoid?

Edit: obvoiusly the best thing to do would be to wait for staff to reply to your request...

DarkLured
02-04-2011, 10:00 PM
How about just creating a new account? invites are a dime a dozen...
I know you loose your stats, but is that really a big deal on demonoid?

Edit: obvoiusly the best thing to do would be to wait for staff to reply to your request...

I've also requested an invite code in the requests section, but I figured I'd give it my best shot to recover my original account.

anon
02-05-2011, 01:59 AM
Besides having someone that can use his Demonoid account ask a staff member in your behalf in their forums, there's not really anything that can be done. I think one of their admins visited FST from time to time, however...

P2PDog
02-05-2011, 02:20 AM
You could try their IRC help channel:

irc.p2p-network.net
#demonoid-help

irc://irc.p2p-network.net/#demonoid-help (irc://irc.p2p-network.net/#demonoid-help)

DarkLured
02-05-2011, 02:37 AM
You could try their IRC help channel:

irc.p2p-network.net
#demonoid-help

irc://irc.p2p-network.net/#demonoid-help (irc://irc.p2p-network.net/#demonoid-help)

Thanks, that may be helpful.

anon
02-05-2011, 02:41 AM
For some reason I thought you had tried IRC already. :blink:

It should be pretty helpful as if there's a staff member online you can talk in (almost) real time.

Aviera
02-06-2011, 03:09 AM
Did you make sure you're logging in to their new site? haha

Cut-Copy-Paste
02-06-2011, 06:10 AM

For some reason i though demonoid didnt had any IRC :pinch:

bijoy
02-06-2011, 07:49 AM

For some reason i though demonoid didnt had any IRC :pinch:

teh largest private tracker without irc?? :blink: