PDA

View Full Version : FLAC Music Sites

Will2
02-05-2011, 12:36 PM
I love Music (in FLAC), and am currently using What/Waffles to download most of it - What has like 200,000 flac torrents.

However I have been told Pedro's is the best music site for FLAC...I am wondering if its actually any better than What.cd and is it worth having both? Anyone here who has both let me know :)

Quarterquack
02-05-2011, 04:03 PM
Pedro's is a nice complement. It does have some albums not on What, but those are few and far in between. The quality is assuredly higher, but the number of FLAC torrents on What.cd dwarfs the ones on P's (to also be fair, though; the number of "perfect" FLAC's on What isn't as high as the number of FLAC torrents).

P's isn't a place to rely on solely for your music needs, but if you need a nice place to go to with perfect rips, nice scans, and if you're into jazz and rock, it's hard to beat P's.

slocker
02-05-2011, 04:09 PM
"perfect" FLAC?.

Will2
02-05-2011, 04:19 PM
Ok Darth Rings, good to know - thanks for your reply. Ill definately be looking out for an invite ;)

1000possibleclaws
02-05-2011, 04:28 PM
"perfect" FLAC?.

Lol, that's based on the settings and application it's ripped in. Someone decided on 'perfect' settings, and to make a 'perfect' FLAC you must replicate those settings.

slocker
02-05-2011, 04:32 PM
"perfect" FLAC?.

Lol, that's based on the settings and application it's ripped in. Someone decided on 'perfect' settings, and to make a 'perfect' FLAC you must replicate those settings.

what settings?.it's supposed to be loos-less right?.

anon
02-05-2011, 04:45 PM

I don't know what loos-less is, but you can find the answer to your other question here (http://xunside.info/eac/Rip/rip1.html).

ca_aok
02-05-2011, 05:30 PM
The perfection refers to the fact that you can use the resulting FLAC files to burn a bit-for-bit exact copy of the retail CD back to a CD-R. You can try it yourself, if you rip a CD properly in EAC (or download a rip), burn it to a disc, and then rip that CD in EAC, the CRC values for each track will match precisely.

"Higher quality" also means a unified tagging and filenaming scheme, and often full artwork with the rip.

IdolEyes787
02-05-2011, 09:19 PM
I love Music (in FLAC), and am currently using What/Waffles to download most of it - What has like 200,000 flac torrents.

So do you love music in general or only in FLAC ?
If only in FLAC then could I have your concert tickets and your radio?

anon
02-06-2011, 01:44 AM
Nic Topic

For fuck's sake, don't start with that again. :dabs:

ScottK
02-06-2011, 05:39 AM
For fuck's sake, don't start with that again. :dabs:

fuck's sake :lol: