PDA

View Full Version : Hacked torrent sites info

LaPistola
02-07-2011, 08:23 AM
I think most of this is old news, but I just randomly ran across this while browsing the web. I dont use any private torrent sites anymore and just happened to run across this while looking up something unrelated. It might strike someones fancy, I found my old username listed in one of the lists, I hope no one cracks my password hash!!!! :yikes:
Anyway heres a link if yall want to check it out.
http://parazite.net/Scene.Notices.PACK.MULTi-LSD/14.T_orrent.Sites.H_acked.Here.Is.The.USERDBS-GOPURGE/

Edit: Oh man, this site has some good stuff some of you would probably be interested in. Be very careful with this site, you may want to connect through a proxy if viewing anything but the warez portion.
http://parazite.net/files.html#warez

slocker
02-07-2011, 08:39 AM
I don't think I wanna click those links.

Tokeman
02-07-2011, 03:06 PM
Wow... I see me...
Now which password did I use there... :O

Edit: Thanks for the info, outdated or not, found another site I used the same username/password combo on, since this site was gone anyway. Changed it now :D

EyeCandy
02-08-2011, 01:51 PM
Which means those sites suck....

Tokeman
02-08-2011, 03:32 PM
Thank you captin obvious!

Cabalo
02-08-2011, 04:04 PM
None of them there.

anon
02-08-2011, 04:38 PM
Judging from the modification timestamps in the RAR, I don't think I even knew about private trackers back when this took place.

Thankfully.

Cabalo
02-08-2011, 05:08 PM
Isn't PassThePopcorn user database on ThePirateBay available for download ?

anon
02-08-2011, 05:09 PM
If it is then I didn't know. :idunno:

Bionic
02-08-2011, 05:31 PM
lol.. weak sites.

slocker
02-08-2011, 06:19 PM

I could copy the userbase of any high-level site and make it public.Big deal.

anon
02-08-2011, 06:31 PM
I could copy the userbase of any high-level site and make it public.

Yeah, right. :P

Cabalo
02-08-2011, 06:50 PM
If it is then I didn't know. :idunno:

My bad. It's that leet invite forum etiv.in which has their database online, passwords, etc etc.
Can easily be found at ThePirateBay if you're interested.

anon
02-08-2011, 07:13 PM
My bad. It's that leet invite forum etiv.in which has their database online, passwords, etc etc.
Can easily be found at ThePirateBay if you're interested.

You can't be blamed for mixing them up, if both involve drama. :)

I did know about that leak, and read about it on Backie's blog, back when it was alive.

slocker
02-08-2011, 07:52 PM
I could copy the userbase of any high-level site and make it public.

Yeah, right. :P

browse site user list, copy+paste.What's so hard?.

anon
02-08-2011, 08:02 PM
What if there's no user list?

I co-administrate a forum, and think not letting regular users get access to the whole list is a basic security measure. And not exactly to prevent people from simply "copying" it.

ca_aok
02-08-2011, 08:19 PM
Nah, but their db was publicly taken while spectators watched via VNC. That was a fun day :P I don't think it ever ended up on TPB though.

Tokeman
02-08-2011, 08:43 PM

Difference is these were usernames, email addresses and hashes along with the users IP.

Vorx
02-08-2011, 10:02 PM
wtf are these?

anon
02-09-2011, 01:53 AM
wtf are these?

A list of super-cool pirates. The MPAA and RIAA use it to determine who should get the most copyright infringement letters.

Vorx
02-09-2011, 06:20 AM
wtf are these?

A list of super-cool pirates. The MPAA and RIAA use it to determine who should get the most copyright infringement letters.

thanks for the serious answer :P

Disme
02-09-2011, 06:57 AM

Difference is these were usernames, email addresses and hashes along with the users IP.

Only a problem if you use the same pass elsewhere.

Use a differnet PW on every site and they can collect all the lists/db's they want.

anon
02-09-2011, 04:28 PM
thanks for the serious answer :P

You're welcome.

Only a problem if you use the same pass elsewhere.

Use a differnet PW on every site and they can collect all the lists/db's they want.

What about your IP and e-mail address? Would you be OK with anyone being able to get that information?

Chief_Garbonzo
02-09-2011, 06:02 PM
Link don't work anymores. I was gonna see if I made the list, lol. The Chief ALWAYS uses different passwords on all sites. I learned many tricks on evasion while I spent a few years with some tribes in the south-eastern amazon forests. But somehow, I guess I missed that scene notice when it came out.

AdrianPhoto
02-10-2011, 11:57 AM
lol.. weak sites.
lol

Pwner101
02-16-2011, 10:57 PM
Which means those sites suck....

In case you weren't aware... MOST private sites have had their databases hacked over the years.
FST (http://filesharingtalk.com/), SCC, FTN, SCT, F*C, TL to name just a few of the more common names you might recognize over the years.

Does your comment pertain to the above mentioned sites as well?
I can honestly think of maybe 5 if that, that have been around for > 3 yrs and haven't had their databases hacked.

Disme
02-17-2011, 10:52 AM
What about your IP and e-mail address? Would you be OK with anyone being able to get that information?

One shouldn't sign up with a private e-mail-addy. I see no problem with a 'fake', 'disposable' e-mail addy out in the open.

IP ... only a liability if not using VPN or the likes. If you don't use VPN it could be a risk if the tracker got hacked and the db were to fall in the hands of the authorities etc ... but I guess they are already harvesting IP's on every tracker as we speak.

The chance of getting picked out is an acceptable risk, otherwise one shouldn't use P2P in the first place.

anon
02-17-2011, 03:55 PM
One shouldn't sign up with a private e-mail-addy. I see no problem with a 'fake', 'disposable' e-mail addy out in the open.

Some tracker staff do, and will disable your account for using a disposable address. Even if besides "the e-mail address must be VALID" (and technically, disposable addresses are), it doesn't say it's forbidden anywhere in the rules. :idunno:

IP ... only a liability if not using VPN or the likes.

Most people are not. But then again, the copyright agencies can't go after all of them. For a mid-large tracker that'd consume a huge amount of time and resources.

The chance of getting picked out is an acceptable risk, otherwise one shouldn't use P2P in the first place.

That's true.