PDA

View Full Version : Are There Fakes

Capitao70s
11-08-2003, 07:21 PM
how do i know that i won't get lots of fakes files on bittorrent just like in k-lite? Do they have a system that prevents fakes? Otherwise it's just a matter of time before bittorrent gets infested with fakes just like kazaa!

Gre1
11-08-2003, 07:26 PM
Your chances of getting a fake is very slim because someone has to seed the file out, so u have to just not have a life to sit there and seed a fake file wasting bandwidth and time. I have only heard of a fake on suprnova once but it was in the case of the description it was like a cam version of the movie stated as a dvd-rip so not really a fake just mislabeled.

Capitao70s
11-08-2003, 07:39 PM
1-Aaahh... but when i'm downloading a file, how can i have a upload rate and upload total if i don't even have the file yet?
2-seeding is when i finish downloading the file and leave the client open so i can upload it to other people right?

boxofslavery
11-09-2003, 04:49 AM
Originally posted by Capitao70s@8 November 2003 - 19:39
1-Aaahh... but when i'm downloading a file, how can i have a upload rate and upload total if i don't even have the file yet?
2-seeding is when i finish downloading the file and leave the client open so i can upload it to other people right?
1. Bittorent downloads the file in random pieces. As soon as you get the first piece, you are able to upload it.

2. Yes, and it is HIGHLY appreciated. No one can complete a download unless there is AT LEAST one seed.

Capitao70s
11-09-2003, 05:21 AM
Originally posted by boxofslavery@9 November 2003 - 04:49
2. Yes, and it is HIGHLY appreciated. No one can complete a download unless there is AT LEAST one seed.
ok... I just finished a BT download like an hour ago, now i'm seeding but the upload speed doesn't get pass 10kb/s! The upload rate is alredy set to 0kb/s (which means unlimited). how do i get it faster?

ultimatejester
11-09-2003, 05:38 AM
It depends on your upload bandwidth.

muchspl2
11-09-2003, 09:55 AM
your upload is slow compared to your download