PDA

View Full Version : Mpaa Going After People Downloading Movies

Chame1eon
11-08-2003, 07:48 PM
I don't know if you guys have heard of this or not yet, but the moction pictures association of america has punished one person who had downloaded and was sharing a lot of movies. You can read about it here http://www.zeropaid.com/news/articles/auto/11032003b.php if you want

Gre1
11-08-2003, 09:33 PM
Fuck them. That's all I have to say.

tarzan
11-08-2003, 09:33 PM
risk vs. reward
it's all part of the game man
just practice the main rules
CYA:cover yer ass
DTA:dont trust anyone

cosmic doobie
11-08-2003, 09:34 PM
FTUTA:Fuck Them Up The Arse :D

Jay
11-08-2003, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by Chame1eon@8 November 2003 - 14:48
I don't know if you guys have heard of this or not yet, but the moction pictures association of america has punished one person who had downloaded and was sharing a lot of movies. You can read about it here http://www.zeropaid.com/news/articles/auto/11032003b.php if you want
Why not, everybody else is doing it.

chinook_apache
11-08-2003, 09:42 PM
fuck the mpaa and kazaa is full of them infiltrating it. use emule or bt

D!mensio_x
11-08-2003, 09:53 PM
:ph34r: Yeah, fuck'm. And if they want a letter of apology, here it is:

Dear MPAA,

I'm sorry I downloaded some of the crap that wasn't even worth downloading.

Greetz, D!mensio_x. :ph34r:

MetroStars
11-08-2003, 09:57 PM
I agree with Gre -- FUCK EM --

zinc1
11-08-2003, 10:09 PM
There are millions of us downloading movies and other stuff.How many people are they going to catch and prosicute.

Basically there are people all over the world and if they try to stop one source of downloading then 10 more will pop up.

No matter hard they try they will fail,all they probably do is legalise it in a few years to download movies we'd have to pay a couple of bucks and download what we want.

{I}{K}{E}
11-08-2003, 10:17 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ma5t3rM1nD
11-08-2003, 11:51 PM
Yeah all of you are saying this right now on the net typing shit tying to be big but I bet nearly all of you if you got busted wouldn't be saying "fuck you" it would be something more like "I'm sorry Mr Big MPAA man please don't charge me" :P .

abu_has_the_power
11-09-2003, 12:28 AM
well, from the article, the guy was sued becuz he put the movies on a site, and openly gave them to others. that's a dumb move. get it, watch it, and share it. but wat he's doing just attracted too much attention. anyone here do that? if so, then stop, or end up like him.

SniperInTheShadows
11-09-2003, 01:22 AM
The MPAA and RIAA are a bunch of stupid wankers for going after people actually downloading shit of the net, as, like zinc1 said, they may stop 1 person but others will popup to take their place.

They're just waisting money going after people dl'ing when if they just stepped up their pace on getting the people supplying the shit then they'd get alot further toward's reducing (I seriously doubt they'll ever stop it totally) piracy alot faster.

Plus, by going after little 12 year old girl's they aren't doing anything to help their image (what there is of one anyway)! How many people do you know that actually support's the MPAA and RIAA? I bet for every person you know you know about 100,000,000,000,000 other's that can't stand them lol

Yes the guy was stupid for making himself such an easy target, but sharing's sharing no matter how you do it and there's as much chance of getting caught no matter how you share files (be it via P2P, FTP, website or whatever), it's just a matter of luck really (there's some w*rez websites that've been around for year's but haven't been stopped yet) so if you're going to share then take precaution's and be ready to accept the possible consequences (damn, sound's like i'm talking about sex there almost lol).

@ D!mensio_x - roflmfao to your letter of appology :-) :-)

Sniper.

EDIT : Shit i'm tired, I forgot to comment properly about this thread (I got pissed off thinking about the crap that the MPAA and RIAA come out with and their lies), soz people :-( I've now added what I ment to say :-)

Smith
11-09-2003, 01:37 AM
fuck u mpaa and riaa go 2 fuckin hell

99shassan
11-09-2003, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by Ma5t3rM1nD@8 November 2003 - 23:51
Yeah all of you are saying this right now on the net typing shit tying to be big but I bet nearly all of you if you got busted wouldn't be saying "fuck you" it would be something more like "I'm sorry Mr Big MPAA man please don't charge me" :P .
Ma5t3rM1nD is right, you all act big but if you were caught you won't act that way. By the way "Ma5t3rM1nD" would be "M4573rm1nd".

Gre1
11-09-2003, 03:36 PM
I wouldn't feel like nothing I know what I am doing so if so, so be it.

zhelynd
11-09-2003, 05:02 PM
If you all watched SouthPark Episode 709 - Christian Rocks Hard, You would learn some of the horrible outcomes lead to by downloading MP3 and Movies! Alright? So.. it's up to you guys. lol

Aaron_T
11-09-2003, 05:15 PM
downlaoding movies isnt hurting anyonw why dont they just spend more time trying to catch actual criminals than wasting time on movies and shit if the people who sold the movies didnt charge so much money we wouldnt have to download stuff instead so piss off MPAA

globalterminator
11-09-2003, 05:30 PM
just another riaa for movies <_<