PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Recommendations for a General/0day Tracker

fino963
02-10-2011, 05:15 AM
I am looking for a general/scene tracker to add to my small collection that just includes Demonoid and SeX, neither of which I am very impressed with.

I'm trying to narrow it down and am looking for recommendations and any help would be appreciated. I am very familiar with how private trackers work. Thanks guys.

ca_aok
02-10-2011, 05:28 AM
IPT or TorrentLeech are probably your best bet. Both are large trackers with a fair few general uploads to complement the 0-day stuff.

You might also like rutracker if you like demonoid.

fino963
02-10-2011, 06:20 AM
I have heard the best general/0day that is in reach for a regular user is SCC. Is this safe to say?

But do you (or anyone else) recommend IPT or TL one over the other? And I'm interested in how RevTT compares to these too.

Cut-Copy-Paste
02-10-2011, 06:52 AM
Well Scc would restrict u 2 scene Only. More over u have 2 face much stiffer competition in seeding. Unless u mind getting ur stuff few minutes later i would say sticking with TL or IpT.

I would say TL>RevTT>IpT

fino963
02-10-2011, 07:02 AM
Well Scc would restrict u 2 scene Only. More over u have 2 face much stiffer competition in seeding. Unless u mind getting ur stuff few minutes later i would say sticking with TL or IpT.

I would say TL>RevTT>IpT

I'm thinking go for TL then afterwards (eventually) SCC. I don't mind scene releases, I am not picky about the quality of content just that it is watchable.

Are any other trackers better than TL that are in reach, however?

CleverMan
02-10-2011, 07:28 AM
I'd vote for IPT as well
Also here is some suggestions: Filelistro, LinkoManija, nCore. They're all non-english, but competitive to TL more or less, imo. And reachable. Good luck

bijoy
02-10-2011, 10:42 AM
I am looking for a general/scene tracker to add to my small collection that just includes Demonoid and SeX, neither of which I am very impressed with.

Bolded words says it all.. Or may be I'm thinking wrongly :unsure:

AdrianPhoto
02-10-2011, 11:35 AM
I'd suggest IPT, nice tracker, good content, not very hard to get an invite, and very easy too keep a good ratio.

anon
02-10-2011, 04:35 PM
I'm thinking go for TL then afterwards (eventually) SCC. I don't mind scene releases, I am not picky about the quality of content just that it is watchable.

SCC can be tougher to seed on than IPT, for example. They do have two large freeleech sections, however.

Filelist.ro is also another excellent place. It's in Romanian but you should have no trouble whatsoever navigating the interface. So I'd say you either go for IPT or FL.ro. :)

n00bz0r
02-11-2011, 04:07 AM
IPT is a pretty decent tracker in terms of content, speed and relative availability of invites. Its easy to seed back at with a ton of freeleech torrents.Besides, it also has a Pron section (if you care).
//0.02$

AdrianPhoto
02-11-2011, 11:23 AM
IPT is a pretty decent tracker in terms of content, speed and relative availability of invites. Its easy to seed back at with a ton of freeleech torrents.Besides, it also has a Pron section (if you care).
//0.02$
<3

fino963
02-17-2011, 05:05 AM
Up! :)

Would love more discussion on this. IPT sounds like a good fit so far!

IdolEyes787
02-17-2011, 04:34 PM

I have heard the best general/0day that is in reach for a regular user is SCC. Is this safe to say?

But do you (or anyone else) recommend IPT or TL one over the other? And I'm interested in how RevTT compares to these too.

You say that your aren't impressed by Demonoid but you don't give any reasoning behind that fact. Maybe if you did it would be helpful since clearly in terms of pure content Demonoid outstrips them all .

If on the other hand you are concerned only about a site being "fast" and having scene material then either SCC or GFT I guess although I'm no expert on either as I let my membership to GFT go dormant shortly after joining and I never log into SCC except as a last albeit fruitless resort if I can't find something anyplace else .

Personally I think in terms of general content you don't "need" anything beyond Demonoid ,TL and IPT ( apparently not alone in that thinking since invites to more "exclusive" sites that I've ever given out beyond a initial brief "look I'm here I didn't lie to you" outburst have been rarely used) as you are then already awash in more content then you will ever likely use in several lifetimes .

Btw although I appreciate being able to download someone fast as much as the next guy or girl , I don't see the general over-concern about it as ( apparently) most people here claim to have their computers running(seeding) "24/7" anyway.
Step away for a few hours and miracle of miracles no matter how slow the site when you come back the download is usually there anyway.

megabyteme
02-17-2011, 06:45 PM
Demonoid is an amazing resource. It deserves far more respect than it gets from the general, "exclusivity means 'better' " members of the community. Ironically, if demonoid played hard-to-get with potential members, it would get its due prestige. Luckily, the site owners understand what is truly valuable- a site with MASSIVE resources that does not place fund-raising, nor pretensions above the sharing of files.

Stabber
02-17-2011, 11:23 PM
Demonoid is the best tracker in terms of content . But the speeds aren't that good compared with private trackers and you have to be careful with what you download (danger of viruses). Anyone can upload anything so there is very little moderation there .

flatlinerz
02-18-2011, 08:21 AM
ipt>>>>>>>>>TL

great community unlike the rude TL.....great downloads one of the best private trackers

anon
02-18-2011, 04:01 PM
ipt>>>>>>>>>TL

great community unlike the rude TL.....

Doesn't matter much if you're there just for the files.

0Ri0N
02-18-2011, 06:39 PM
TV, TB, SCC, TL, all good choices...

whatcdfan
02-18-2011, 06:46 PM
Has anyone mentioned Rutracker yet?

fino963
02-19-2011, 10:08 PM
Joined IPT the other day and have to say I like it a lot after getting a couple torrents. Extremely easy to seed and very good content. TL and SCC are next on my list. Thanks for the input!

flatlinerz
02-21-2011, 11:53 AM
good luck with getting on SCC....been trying for a long time

anon
02-21-2011, 04:14 PM

If you already have an account on IPT, TL or FL, then I'm really sorry to hear you've wasted so much time...

flatlinerz
02-24-2011, 12:46 PM

If you already have an account on IPT, TL or FL, then I'm really sorry to hear you've wasted so much time...

yeah why?

anon
02-24-2011, 04:14 PM
yeah why?

Because you actually have access to around the same content SCC has, if not much more. The three I mentioned are also relatively easy to seed on (IPT and FL more than TL, but that's my experience), so no problems with that, either.

That's just my opinion - if you still want an SCC invite, feel free to disregard that and keep on looking for one. But only donors get them, so I don't think you'll be very lucky.

megabyteme
02-24-2011, 09:54 PM
Joined IPT the other day and have to say I like it a lot after getting a couple torrents. Extremely easy to seed and very good content. TL and SCC are next on my list. Thanks for the input!

Are you collecting, or exploring? Since they all have nearly identical content, variety can't be your reason. What is it you are hoping for? Perhaps someone could steer you in a more productive direction if you are looking for particular content.

FaithFXu
02-25-2011, 12:42 PM

It can't be that hard can it?

yamada
02-25-2011, 12:54 PM
It all depends on your connection. If your connection is 20MB/s or lower, I recommend IPT, good content and easy to keep a good ratio. If your connection is between 20MB and 100MB, TL or RevTT is good for u. If u have Giga connection, go to SCC, fast and there r a lot of free TV packs.

IdolEyes787
02-25-2011, 01:14 PM
It all depends on your connection. If your connection is 20MB/s or lower, I recommend IPT, good content and easy to keep a good ratio. If your connection is between 20MB and 100MB, TL or RevTT is good for u. If u have Giga connection, go to SCC, fast and there r a lot of free TV packs.

Yes connection is paramount. Work backwards from that and disregard things like content ,whether you might actually like the site or the people on it and other unimportant stuff like that.
Failing that just live by the simple rule l33t is always better and everything will be fine .

Btw seriously 20MB ? I think you have pretty much excluded 90 % of the world and most all of the members on all the sites you've mentioned right there .

yamada
02-25-2011, 01:30 PM

Yes connection is paramount. Work backwards from that and disregard things like content ,whether you might actually like the site or the people on it and other unimportant stuff like that.
Failing that just live by the simple rule l33t is always better and everything will be fine .

Btw seriously 20MB ? I think you have pretty much excluded 90 % of the world and most all of the members on all the sites you've mentioned right there .
Lol, yes IdolEyes, 20MB is pretty poor, sadly in Australia most of people only get this much, that's why there are a lot of Australian seedbox users. :(

megabyteme
02-25-2011, 03:09 PM
http://www.speedtest.net/result/1173553866.png (http://www.speedtest.net)

I believe the difference is in MB vs Mb. 20MB/sec would mean the ability to download an 800MB file in 40 seconds. That certainly is not the world norm. :no: With my stats, I can dl a full divx movie (800mb) in a semi-respectable 9 minutes.

yamada
02-25-2011, 03:59 PM
http://www.speedtest.net/result/1173553866.png (http://www.speedtest.net)

I believe the difference is in MB vs Mb. 20MB/sec would mean the ability to download an 800MB file in 40 seconds. That certainly is not the world norm. :no: With my stats, I can dl a full divx movie (800mb) in a semi-respectable 9 minutes.
Ooop, thx for reminding mega, it should be 20Mb. If we can get 20MB/s, Aussie won't complain. :)

Monaco
02-25-2011, 04:01 PM
My connection can steadily pump 4500kB/s up and down simultaneously. I could download an xvid film in ~3 minutes. I found seeding on SCC a pain unless it is a very popular release. Of course, even a semi-popular one would seed back to 1 over the next day or so, but there is really no way to keep up with the swarm unless you've got a seedbox. The only reason the site's torrent economy is not completely screwed up is the archive section. Even then most users seem to have multiple TB buffers within a their first month. It's pathetic.

The best 0 day tracker I've seen is Preto.me. They have great swarms, generous seeding rules and what seems to be a friendlier vibe. But most importantly, they offer a wide variety of scene and p2p content.

The only reason I didn't like IPT is their HD category is cluttered with low quality BRRips and the HD releases are much less popular.

megabyteme
02-25-2011, 04:03 PM
Out of curiosity, yamada, would you run a speed test like I did? I don't find my speeds unacceptable for downloading, streaming, or even upload. If you can download 800MB in under 5 minutes, that sounds pretty darn good to me...

anon
02-25-2011, 04:07 PM
With my stats, I can dl a full divx movie (800mb) in a semi-respectable 9 minutes.

A movie in 9 minutes is excellent. I know a few persons who have to wait a whole day to finish downloading one DVD rip.

I don't mind waiting, and I don't get people who have ultra-fast connections and always want more and more. The files will eventually arrive.

megabyteme
02-25-2011, 08:49 PM
With my stats, I can dl a full divx movie (800mb) in a semi-respectable 9 minutes.

A movie in 9 minutes is excellent. I know a few persons who have to wait a whole day to finish downloading one DVD rip.

I don't mind waiting, and I don't get people who have ultra-fast connections and always want more and more. The files will eventually arrive.

That was kinda the point I was trying to make with yamada- BT is a means to share, NOT a competition. While it is nice that people are willing to contribute their high-speed connections, it can make it difficult for others to share back.

Perhaps people should think of BT as a potluck dinner. Everyone brings something that compliments what others bring. While someone may have the means to bring $1000 worth of caviar, it is out of place when others are bringing hot dogs, chips, and burgers. And certainly, the guy would be a total douche if he were to brag to everyone that he was "a better contributor" because he spent more than everyone else.

Or something like that... :idunno:

yamada
02-26-2011, 06:38 AM
Out of curiosity, yamada, would you run a speed test like I did? I don't find my speeds unacceptable for downloading, streaming, or even upload. If you can download 800MB in under 5 minutes, that sounds pretty darn good to me...
Mega, Ur speedtest is pretty good, If I were u, I would certainly satisfy too.

I think u misunderstood. When I say 20Mb/s, I mean theoretic connection speed; while the pic u showed is obviously actual connection speed. Just like a 100mb/s connection seedbox doesn't mean u can actually download or upload at 100Mb/s. Even 20Mb/s is theoretic we still can accept, but sadly, in Australia, most of us can only use ADSL2+, that's mean the upload stream is much slower than the download side. We can download a Xvid in 15 min, but takes much longer time to seed back. That's why we need seedbox.

Now u know how poor the connection in Australia. Would u complain if u were here?;)

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1174534674.png (http://www.speedtest.net)

iLOVENZB
02-26-2011, 07:11 AM
Bleh, don't complain yamada.

My speedtest:

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1072406632.png

We'll see what happens if the FTTH gets rolled out.

yamada
02-26-2011, 08:10 AM

That was kinda the point I was trying to make with yamada- BT is a means to share, NOT a competition. While it is nice that people are willing to contribute their high-speed connections, it can make it difficult for others to share back.

Perhaps people should think of BT as a potluck dinner. Everyone brings something that compliments what others bring. While someone may have the means to bring $1000 worth of caviar, it is out of place when others are bringing hot dogs, chips, and burgers. And certainly, the guy would be a total douche if he were to brag to everyone that he was "a better contributor" because he spent more than everyone else.

Or something like that... :idunno:

I can't see any difference between ur opinion and mine, mega, that's why I recommend people should choose the 0day tracker according to their connection speed. BT is created for sharing, not for competition, we should enjoy the content. BTers should voluntarily upload for sharing rather than for 'good looking figures'. On the other hand, reasonable competition is helpful, it can keep trackers healthy.

Bleh, don't complain yamada.

My speedtest:

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1072406632.png

We'll see what happens if the FTTH gets rolled out.
Oh mate, ur speed is even poor than mine. Wish FTTH come earlier.

anon
02-26-2011, 05:08 PM
We can download a Xvid in 15 min, but takes much longer time to seed back. That's why we need seedbox.

No one needs a seedbox, although if you download a lot or have low a bandwidth cap, I can understand what you mean.

My speeds are pretty much the same as iLOVENZB's, by the way. My ISP has plans of up to 30Mbit, but the price for that is armed robbery, plus there's a 250GB cap. Cheaper and faster FTTH with speeds of up to 50Mbit is slowly becoming available, but not in my neighborhood.

yamada
02-27-2011, 11:24 AM
We can download a Xvid in 15 min, but takes much longer time to seed back. That's why we need seedbox.

No one needs a seedbox, although if you download a lot or have low a bandwidth cap, I can understand what you mean.

My speeds are pretty much the same as iLOVENZB's, by the way. My ISP has plans of up to 30Mbit, but the price for that is armed robbery, plus there's a 250GB cap. Cheaper and faster FTTH with speeds of up to 50Mbit is slowly becoming available, but not in my neighborhood.

Sooner or later u will get it, anon-shi. Compare with u and iLoveNZB, I am lucky! There was a cap for my plan, now I get a new plan with another ISP, which is no cap and make me feel much better, coz I can upload/download 24 hours/day, 7days a week. :Lol

IdolEyes787
02-27-2011, 02:20 PM
So you get stuffs faster. Without some effort there is no appreciation.

yamada
02-27-2011, 03:53 PM
So you get stuffs faster. Without some effort there is no appreciation.
Actually slower.

IdolEyes787
02-27-2011, 04:04 PM
I'm sorry to here that although supposedly there are special schools for that sort of thing.

anon
02-27-2011, 04:59 PM
Actually slower.

I'd prefer a slow connection with unmetered traffic over a fast one with a bandwidth cap.

yamada
02-28-2011, 12:48 AM
Actually slower.

I'd prefer a slow connection with unmetered traffic over a fast one with a bandwidth cap.

That's the exactly reason why I get this plan.