PDA

View Full Version : Torrent Invites overview.

Tv Controls you
02-10-2011, 05:41 AM
This chart is based on the trends I have seen here since I started my membership.... No judgment on the data, just straight observations. (at this point)

http://i52.tinypic.com/2e0lele.jpg

http://i52.tinypic.com/2e0lele.jpg

*note*
To view either use the direct link above or zoom into the picture above 0.0 lol. I need to fix it so its easier to read. To tired tonight though.

Things to Ponder:
1) is this the way invites were intended to be distributed via our "invite section"
2) how could we make this process more efficient
3) Is this process even possible to change at this point

ca_aok
02-10-2011, 05:47 AM
Sums it up well enough.

Cut-Copy-Paste
02-10-2011, 06:55 AM
Some one please define "good request"

bijoy
02-10-2011, 11:11 AM

sady, there is nothing called good request.
May be less amount of trolling, good posts count towards attitude of the poster

AdrianPhoto
02-10-2011, 11:39 AM
I give the chart 9/10.. I quite like it.
As for a good request, I think it's a combination of good requester and good request.. as for the requester, nice reputation in the forum, helped others.. you know
as for the request, I believe a good explanation why the he/she wants the invite, some lines about themselves, their torrenting history..
and above all it depends on the person giving the invite.

IdolEyes787
02-10-2011, 02:41 PM

sady, there is nothing called good request.
May be less amount of trolling, good posts count towards attitude of the poster
I'd agree with that mostly , that the request made is secondary to the poster making it.
That is muted in the cases of niche trackers with limited invites where interest/knowledge somewhat supplant friendship. Even then though I'm fairly certain most people would still be more willing to part with an invite to a "friend" than a relative stranger with impeccable "proofs".

Also I don't know if everyone is aware of the fact but sometimes the "trolling" is part of the process of determining whether either request or the person making it are actually genuine . I've seen more than one person "found out " to be not all they appeared to be after a little construction trolling.
Besides if people here what to turn this site into just a bland ,humourless, heartlessly efficient invite site where all people care about is what they can get out of it then please let me know so I cancel my membership.

Cabalo
02-10-2011, 03:17 PM
That's an accurate depiction of what goes on at FST.

I'd agree that the person requesting the tracker is far more important than the request itself. Maybe the lack of genuine people on bittorrent communities FST has led to the current status quo.
Basically, the users at many other sites are members here, they just behave differently (and kindly) knowing there are way less chances they can be tackled as they do here.

I speak for myself, but I know of many other people in the same situation, and I have been invited to every tracker I was interested to join via FST. And no, I wasn't a mod back then, so we can exclude ass kissing from the equation.

anon
02-10-2011, 04:38 PM
Would be perfect if you added something about people who request invites to sites they already have (or have already had) an account on.

Tv Controls you
02-10-2011, 05:42 PM
Would be perfect if you added something about people who request invites to sites they already have (or have already had) an account on.

It's generally not a good request then :P

mrnobody
02-11-2011, 02:59 AM
The thing about high level tracker request thread getting "trolled" is:

You've a lot of people who think they deserve it better than you do, so there's the jealousy factor.

There were/are several newbies who criticized other invite requesters just to look kool , step on other people, make fun of 'em....get invite from longtime FSTers and get the hell out (not mentioning any names, but anyone who has been here for fair time should know couple).

People love to test other people out. They'll ask OP questions, continuously dig up his old posts to see if he contradicts something, and criticizes almost everything he has said whenever they can. Poor OP won't even know these people don't have an invite, even if they do they've probably little to no intention of inviting him. But can you blame these people? OPs are so desperate for an invite that they'll even give an e-blowjob for an invite (again anyone who has been here for a while should know quite a few good ones).

Tv Controls you
02-11-2011, 03:42 AM
The thing about high level tracker request thread getting "trolled" is:

You've a lot of people who think they deserve it better than you do, so there's the jealousy factor.

There were/are several newbies who criticized other invite requesters just to look kool , step on other people, make fun of 'em....get invite from longtime FSTers and get the hell out (not mentioning any names, but anyone who has been here for fair time should know couple).

People love to test other people out. They'll ask OP questions, continuously dig up his old posts to see if he contradicts something, and criticizes almost everything he has said whenever they can. Poor OP won't even know these people don't have an invite, even if they do they've probably little to no intention of inviting him. But can you blame these people? OPs are so desperate for an invite that they'll even give an e-blowjob for an invite (again anyone who has been here for a while should know quite a few good ones).

I really like your break down of the high level invite requests.
I just briefly summarized my observations, while in reality I could write an entire book on it lol.

colbert
02-12-2011, 04:44 AM
The chart sums up the situation well!

megabyteme
02-12-2011, 09:22 AM
I found the "process" to be very helpful when I was new here. Input from more knowledgeable members helped me learn what was acceptable in the community. I believe we are seeing a breakdown of that structure as older members have grown tired, left, or no longer care.

Public trackers are for the masses; private trackers should be for those who care about, and can follow the community's basic rules. Sadly (IMO), private trackers have turned in to public trackers with a doorman.

The_Martinator
02-12-2011, 03:04 PM
Constructive trolling, lol. It is true, though. The more filled the thread is with trolling and the better the OP takes the trolling, the more chances he has to get invited. Not that we all don't have a limit, but people who aren't sincere may say something they don't want to faster when answering to trolls, IMO.