PDA

View Full Version : Too dumb for office?

devilsadvocate
02-10-2011, 05:50 PM
I really don't give much of a hoot about the private lives of lawmakers. I do hate that lawmakers are hypocrites, e.g. having affairs while campaigning on moral values, campaigning against the health insurance reform while taking taxpayer subsidized healthcare for themselves and conversely setting up a healthcare system and not mandating that they participate themselves etc. etc.

This rep. lee that just quit over extramarital shenanigans, Much as I think he is scum for cheating on his wife that's between him and his wife,

What bothers me is that someone so dumb as to advertise himself on Craigslist, actually for a brief while got to vote on national issues.

I welcome Liberals, I welcome Conservative, I welcome moderates, I love the fact that we have diversity. But please let's try to not have stupid.

Snee
02-10-2011, 06:37 PM
It isn't as if he'd be the first muppet in office over there.

And it's not as if you elected this one president.

bigboab
02-10-2011, 07:01 PM
He is pale in comparison to the front runner at the moment.:whistling

clocker
02-10-2011, 09:48 PM
We have Sarah Palin making 100k per speech and her daughter writing her memoirs at 20.
We have a Supreme Court Justice- Scalia- who says there is nothing in the Constitution that gives women rights but recently voted that corporations are protected by the 1st Amendment.
We have the entirety of Fox News.

Basically, stupid is the new black.

bigboab
02-10-2011, 09:58 PM
Hope Kev is O.K. We need him back in here to represent slightly left of the far right(9xxxxx).
I am slightly left of the far left and daft with it.

devilsadvocate
02-11-2011, 01:30 AM
We have Sarah Palin making 100k per speech and her daughter writing her memoirs at 20.

The dumb here would be the people that pay that amount. I don't think ANYONE is worth paying that to hear them speak. As for Bristol, well that wimpy kid got published and seems to be popular
Now if Palin got elected to an office where anything other than a moose could be impacted :whistling

clocker
02-11-2011, 05:32 AM
I think Palin is smart enough ("smart" in the sense that a virus is smart) to realize that it's far better-not to mention, lucrative- to be a pundit than a politician.
Her words and actions have no consequence and her followers require no coherence...she'll simply follow the path already defined by O'Reilly and Beck.
Right behind her come O'Donnell and Bachmann.

As I said in the other thread, "stupid is the new black".

sandman_1
02-11-2011, 02:30 PM
I really don't give much of a hoot about the private lives of lawmakers. I do hate that lawmakers are hypocrites, e.g. having affairs while campaigning on moral values, campaigning against the health insurance reform while taking taxpayer subsidized healthcare for themselves and conversely setting up a healthcare system and not mandating that they participate themselves etc. etc.

May i add to that, they are not on Social Security either yet champion Social Security. If it is so great, why don't they go on it. And what about those raises they get? They vote themselves raises, like anyone would vote against it. Must be nice...

They are all stupid up there on Capital Hill, or most are. Nancy Pelosi and her lavish airplane trips costing taxpayers millions is just one example of the amount of waste and the lack of respect for the people's money. People like Pelosi feel entitled to those perks when in fact she should feel entitled to serve the people.

clocker
02-11-2011, 11:44 PM
May i add to that, they are not on Social Security either yet champion Social Security. If it is so great, why don't they go on it....Nancy Pelosi and her lavish airplane trips costing taxpayers millions... People like Pelosi feel entitled to those perks when in fact she should feel entitled to serve the people.
Huh?
Most people- even the wealthy- DO accept SS.
If you've paid into the fund, then you're eligible for the benefit.
Obviously, the rich don't depend on SS to survive- unlike many less fortunate folk- but they do qualify.

What "lavish airplane trips" are you referring to?

02-17-2011, 04:58 PM
We have a Supreme Court Justice- Scalia- who says there is nothing in the Constitution that gives women rights but recently voted that corporations are protected by the 1st Amendment.
We have the entirety of Fox News.

Basically, stupid is the new black.

I'm back from taking my Fräulein on a trip for Valentine's Day.

I'll give you Palin as far as being an idiot at times, but Scalia?

clocker
02-18-2011, 04:50 PM
Yeah, that was probably poor wording on my part...
Scalia is an idiot all the time.

02-18-2011, 05:01 PM
Just because you don't agree with him, doesn't mean he is an idiot. Refer to anything he has written or said which would indicate he is an idiot.

02-18-2011, 05:07 PM
Hope Kev is O.K. We need him back in here to represent slightly left of the far right(9xxxxx).
I am slightly left of the far left and daft with it.

There does need to be more balance on this forum. I'm the last remaining conservative voice on here. And once I go off to college, I doubt I will have much time to spend on here. It will probably take up all my time studying and reading just to pass the classes.

clocker
02-18-2011, 05:10 PM
“Certainly the Constitution does not require discrimination on the basis of sex. The only issue is whether it prohibits it. It doesn't. Nobody ever thought that that's what it meant. Nobody ever voted for that.”
Fact is Antonin, for the last 50 years, prohibiting discrimination based on sex is exactly what people have been voting on.