PDA

View Full Version : BCG account deleted.

gourryx
02-13-2011, 08:50 PM
Hi!

My BCG was deleted, but i don't know why.

There's way to contact Stoi or the best is to wait for him to see this post?

Can anyone help me?

Is my favorite torrents site and now i can't get in :(

Thanks.

anon
02-13-2011, 09:02 PM
IRC. There's a sticky with their server address and channel in the BT Giveaways section. Look for it.

By the way, if your account got deleted, don't expect stoi or anyone in the BCG staff to be able to do much.

bijoy
02-14-2011, 07:01 AM
if your account got 'deleted' then better for you is to wait fo rtheir next open signup.

stoi
02-14-2011, 03:43 PM
Well if your account got "deleted" then it means you didnt sign in for at least 60 days, or if you parked your account at least 90days.

if its the same name as here, than it is gone, if its not then PM me the name on BCG and i will have a look for you.

gourryx
02-16-2011, 08:26 AM
Thanks for the replies, and unfortunately it was the same username as here :(

I thought that only sharing in the tracker was enough to avoid the deletion, but next time I'll keep better my account. If I can get one :P Ok, I'll will wait for the next signups or may be an invitation, I didn 't have bad ratio :P

Thanks.

anon
02-16-2011, 03:49 PM
I thought that only sharing in the tracker was enough to avoid the deletion

If "sharing" means tracker activity, then that by itself isn't enough on any of the trackers I belong to, if you want to keep your account enabled. Logging in at least once a month should do, once you're back. Keep an eye on the open registrations.

gourryx
02-16-2011, 08:18 PM
Yes, I noticed that :( I'm in a trip, and it was difficult to login :S

But next time i'll take care of the account more, if I can get an account again :P

EvilWalks
02-17-2011, 02:59 PM
I find it odd that someone would neglect to login to their favourite tracker for 2 months or more.

stan
02-17-2011, 03:31 PM
BlackCats is open ATM.

Cut-Copy-Paste
02-17-2011, 04:07 PM
I find it odd that someone would neglect to login to their favourite tracker for 2 months or more.

Heard of Auto Download? Some times i dnt visti Scc for weeks simply because i auto download all my stuff...

bijoy
02-17-2011, 07:03 PM

Heard of Auto Download? Some times i dnt visti Scc for weeks simply because i auto download all my stuff...

I thought they are useful for insane uploaders & ratio-whores. (heard these from tracker staff(s).. ):unsure:

anon
02-17-2011, 09:19 PM
I thought they are useful for insane uploaders & ratio-whores.

Don't forget insane ratio whores.

Vorx
02-18-2011, 12:30 AM
oh look, another OlegL

anon
02-18-2011, 12:35 AM
oh look, another OlegL

Oh look, another EgyUp. :smilie4:

Vorx
02-18-2011, 01:33 AM
oh look, another OlegL

Oh look, another EgyUp. :smilie4:

Oh look, your mum.

Cut-Copy-Paste
02-18-2011, 04:47 AM
I thought they are useful for insane uploaders & ratio-whores.

Don't forget insane ratio whores.

Well it might include such members also but isn't restricted to them.

Personally I have auto download for few tv shows, music vedios of few artist i like most. But still my ratio never goes above 1.5 :ermm: maybe because i dont download PACKs bcoz they are at FREELEECH!! :lol:

anon
02-18-2011, 03:57 PM
Oh look, your mum.

That doesn't even make sense. :ermm:

Well it might include such members also but isn't restricted to them.

Absolutely true. But obviously, they stand out more than someone who uses their seedbox responsibly.

gourryx
02-18-2011, 11:11 PM
BlackCats is open ATM.

Thanks

yes, i heard before about auto download, but i'm in a 6 months travel, and my hard drive space is limited, and i can connect just few minutes from time to time :S

anyway, i think i'll wait to get back to my country and try to get a new account :)

Is sad that i lost my account, but life is life, and thanks for those persons who helped me.

squall3031
02-19-2011, 08:21 AM
BlackCats is open ATM.

Thanks

yes, i heard before about auto download, but i'm in a 6 months travel, and my hard drive space is limited, and i can connect just few minutes from time to time :S

anyway, i think i'll wait to get back to my country and try to get a new account :)

Is sad that i lost my account, but life is life, and thanks for those persons who helped me.

Hi Gourryx,

I lost my account too (with the same username as this one) for being inactive. I went to overseas for exactly 60 days and there's no internet connection since I stayed in a little village. I told my bro to keep seeding BCG torrents but it looked like it didn't keep the account active without visiting BCG website. I just came back today and tried to log in and it was unsuccessful.

I love that account. I kept it for 3 years. :cry:

gourryx
02-19-2011, 05:09 PM
I know how you feel, I had my account for almost 3 years also, a ratio of 2.7, 461Gb/1.21Tb download/upload.

It was nice, but now time to try to get a new one :P I was not connecting because in some sites if they detect that if you login with an ip from a different country they block the account :S

But ok, i need to accept and learn how to avoid it, if something like that happens again :)

anon
02-19-2011, 05:41 PM
I told my bro to keep seeding BCG torrents but it looked like it didn't keep the account active without visiting BCG website.

You should have kept your PC logged in, and asked your brother to press F5 every now and then. :D

in some sites if they detect that if you login with an ip from a different country they block the account :S

That's indeed how it is on BCG, as far as I know.

squall3031
02-20-2011, 03:50 AM
You should have kept your PC logged in, and asked your brother to press F5 every now and then. :D

in some sites if they detect that if you login with an ip from a different country they block the account :S

That's indeed how it is on BCG, as far as I know.

Well, I didn't tell my brother about BCG website because I'm afraid he would just leech and run without seeding back the torrent.

Frankthetank1
02-21-2011, 04:02 AM
BCG is a waste of a torrent site there rules are unrealistic and very easy to get your account deleted. Just go with bitgamer

squall3031
02-21-2011, 04:10 AM
BCG is a waste of a torrent site there rules are unrealistic and very easy to get your account deleted. Just go with bitgamer

The good things about BCG are the seed points and the members are very helpful. That's why I kept the account and really took care of it. It's just that, this time was unavoidable that I had to make a trip to overseas for more than 2 months. I didn't park the account because I wanted to seed back the torrents by asking my bro to keep turning them on. I'm still waiting for signups to be opened.

anon
02-21-2011, 04:37 PM
BCG is a waste of a torrent site there rules are unrealistic and very easy to get your account deleted.

I can hardly agree with that. They have Seed Points, and that's much better than any pure ratio-based system. Doesn't matter if you have a crappy upload speed, just seed a lot and you'll be fine. They also don't have an invite system, and make up for that by opening signups regularly, thus avoiding all the bad things (trading, selling) that come with invites.

And every tracker is very easy to get your account deleted or disabled - just don't use it anymore...

squall3031
02-22-2011, 05:44 AM
Yes. Seed points is a good feature of BCG. I totally support that system.

Frankthetank1
02-25-2011, 12:54 AM
is seed points new? it wasnt there when i was there very briefly..

anon
02-25-2011, 01:01 AM
it wasnt there when i was there very briefly..

When would that be? I couldn't tell you when that was implemented, but it was already there by mid-2008, that's for sure.

Funkin'
02-25-2011, 07:04 AM
It was already implemented in the beginning of '07 when I joined. That's funny, he calls BCG a "waste of a torrent site" without knowing pretty much anything about it.

stoi
02-25-2011, 08:56 PM
We couldnt have the hit and run system we have, without the SP system we have, they both go hand in hand, and its been on in one guise or another since dec 2006.

I like to think (even if it is just 1 out of 300 members that come through our doors) the essence of BT, whch is seeding and sharing what you grab so others can get it (ppl seeded it for you at least you can do is seed it for a few days so someone else can get it) instead of grabbing it and pissing off, or getting a huge buffer and then pissing off from 10* more torrents.

and as we give you the ratio just for trying, then there is no excuse to have any hit and runs, if you have a small HDD, then download less frequently, if you are on dial up then likewise.

If we didnt have SP then members might have to seed a torrent for years to not get a hit and run (and then the leech after that the same), and we are not that bloody cruel.