PDA

View Full Version : Another waffels vs what thread?

Cut-Copy-Paste
02-27-2011, 11:55 AM
Well before i went AWOL for few months i relied heaving on CE for my music needs. Maybe they did'nt have huge torrent base but community was supa helpful and most of the request was filled fast.

But in mean time of my absence it switched 2 gzella i guess and most of positive points about it felled apart with most people i knew leaving and some other factor resulting it in current stat of ghost town.

-----

So basically i was reading waffles and what review but could not figure out if any of them have bonus point system at place or not?

Bonus point is absolute necessity to me simply bcoz i search music and not browse it meaning that i would like if i dont have to download X file just bcoz its gonna be popular or is at Freeleech so that i can enjoy the album i want to..

PS: i tried pubic tracker but most of stuff is either poorly ripped or transcode:dry:

Funkin'
02-27-2011, 01:32 PM
Waffles has a bonus point system. You can't spend them on upload credit, but you can spend them on freeleeches. Which helps out tremendously.

scrappen
02-27-2011, 04:31 PM
Even though What.cd doesn't have a bonus point system, the changes they made in how their ratio policy works have made it fairly easy to survive there aswell. Basically seed everything you download and your required ratio will be close to 0. Also if i remember correctly, they no longer disable you for having a low ratio there (correct me if i'm wrong).

Tbh there is no need to download stuff you don't want because of seeding opportunities on either site. As long as you continue seeding what you download, you can stick to only downloading things you really want without having to worry about your ratio. However, some people may find it troublesome having to continue seeding things forever. But the way i see it, as long as you grab stuff you want only, you plan on keeping it on your computer anyways and might aswell continue seeding it.

Quarterquack
02-27-2011, 04:38 PM
RuTracker + DDL. :whistling

IdolEyes787
02-27-2011, 04:52 PM
Even though What.cd doesn't have a bonus point system, the changes they made in how their ratio policy works have made it fairly easy to survive there aswell. Basically seed everything you download and your required ratio will be close to 0. Also if i remember correctly, they no longer disable you for having a low ratio there (correct me if i'm wrong).

Tbh there is no need to download stuff you don't want because of seeding opportunities on either site. As long as you continue seeding what you download, you can stick to only downloading things you really want without having to worry about your ratio. However, some people may find it troublesome having to continue seeding things forever. But the way i see it, as long as you grab stuff you want only, you plan on keeping it on your computer anyways and might aswell continue seeding it.

I know that no one what's to hear this but cheaper to simply buy things than run my computer 24/7 . :unsure:

anon
02-27-2011, 04:56 PM
What.cd doesn't have any kind of bonus points, but they do have this:

scrappen, you are correct (you no longer get disabled for failing ratio watch, only lose your downloading privileges), and if you seed a lot, you can grab up to 20 gigs of stuff before your required ratio goes above 0.00. If you only use the site for stuff that can't be found elsewhere and seed a lot, you may actually never reach those 20GB.

Waffles does have "bonus" points, but they only give invites, freeleech and a few other privileges. You are not able to trade them for upload, and they're somewhat hard to get for the average user. Snatching stuff, uploading a lot of torrents, inviting people who keep PU status on the site and maybe forum posting are the fastest ways you can get them.

RuTracker + DDL. :whistling

RuTracker's indeed a very underrated site, lots of well-seeded lossless and rare stuff over there.

whatcdfan
02-27-2011, 05:22 PM
Uploading your own torrents is the easiest way of tackling the ratio's.

anon
02-27-2011, 05:31 PM
Uploading your own torrents is the easiest way of tackling the ratio's.

That's assuming people will come to download them the second you upload them, and that doesn't always happen. It sadly doesn't for most non-new albums, which are the ones I have access to for ripping and uploading. :(

But obviously many people got to higher ranks by doing that and seeding a lot. So I definitely recommend it.

bijoy
02-27-2011, 06:37 PM
That's assuming people will come to download them the second you upload them, and that doesn't always happen.

I saw many auto downloader (peers) in waffles. Once I've uploaded 4-5 torrents there & saw some same IPs snatching them very first.
contradiction.. :unsure:

anon
02-27-2011, 06:59 PM
I was talking about What.

Try uploading rare rock albums from the 70s there, and get back to me.

Cut-Copy-Paste
02-27-2011, 07:07 PM
Even though What.cd doesn't have a bonus point system, the changes they made in how their ratio policy works have made it fairly easy to survive there aswell. Basically seed everything you download and your required ratio will be close to 0.

U mean the ratio requirement their depends upon seeding time? :huh:

For example say for instance i downloaded 1GB and seeded around 300mb but seeding 24x7. So i will be fine since my ratio is above 0.1?
Now for instance i stopped seeding for a week or so? My req ratio will go to 1.0 again?

I know that no one what's to hear this but cheaper to simply buy things than run my computer 24/7 . :unsure:
Well 99.99% of my torrent activity is done by router itself. So no need 2 run system..

RuTracker + DDL.
Do u mean rutracker.org? As far as i can see its in russian and for strange reason chrome is not showing option for translation. .com site does not seems to be genuine one :ermm:

DDL wont work for me bcoz my router frimware does not support any download manager (as much i m aware of)..

anon
02-27-2011, 07:41 PM
U mean the ratio requirement their depends upon seeding time? :huh:

The required ratio goes down the more snatches you seed, and obviously goes up the less things you seed, for 72 hours. There's however a certain point where this "advantage" is lost and both ratios become the same, I think it was 100GB downloaded.

For example say for instance i downloaded 1GB and seeded around 300mb but seeding 24x7. So i will be fine since my ratio is above 0.1?
Now for instance i stopped seeding for a week or so? My req ratio will go to 1.0 again?

There are no ratio requirements whatsoever for people with less 5GB downloaded.

Well 99.99% of my torrent activity is done by router itself. So no need 2 run system..

Cool, a router than can seed torrents! :w00t:

Do u mean rutracker.org? As far as i can see its in russian and for strange reason chrome is not showing option for translation.

Yeah, that's the one. And you don't need a translator to use a search bar. :P

Quarterquack
02-27-2011, 07:45 PM

I don't think you're intelligent enough to be labelled as a pirate.

scrappen
02-27-2011, 08:43 PM

Yeah but you're not required to. You will benefit from the lowered ratio requirement as long as you seed your torrents for atleast 72 hours per week.

Vorx
02-28-2011, 12:27 AM
Waffles is certainly a good tracker, but i prefer WhatCD

Cut-Copy-Paste
02-28-2011, 11:30 AM
Cool, a router than can seed torrents! :w00t:

Trying google for running bt client on router. In any case their is dedicated sites for major models. Mine being wrt160nl.org/indexx.html

@Darth Rings : why not put a IQ test with sign up for Fst? then u will only encounter intelligent member.

Any way I preety much have zeroed to what. Thx 2 every1

wazza100
02-28-2011, 11:48 AM
both have pretty much everything an average user would want, if you ask me are just nitpicking when looking at the differences between the two

anon
02-28-2011, 02:49 PM
Trying google for running bt client on router. In any case their is dedicated sites for major models. Mine being wrt160nl.org/indexx.html

I wasn't doubting of you or anything, I'm aware there are custom firmwares around that can allow you to run torrents (and other downloads) if used on the right router.

@Darth Rings : why not put a IQ test with sign up for Fst?

What'd be the difference with closing registrations? :unsure:

ca_aok
02-28-2011, 06:14 PM
I was talking about What.

Try uploading rare rock albums from the 70s there, and get back to me.
That's most of what I uploaded, and I hit Elite there without a seedbox/fast line.

Pretty much everything you upload will eventually get a few snatches. It's all about patience.

anon
02-28-2011, 06:21 PM
Lucker. :dry:

Forgot to say it was local rock.

Anyway, I no longer care about my ratio there, haven't logged in for months.

Vorx
02-28-2011, 07:53 PM
Lucker. :dry:

Forgot to say it was local rock.

Anyway, I no longer care about my ratio there, haven't logged in for months.

Your probably disabled then...

anon
02-28-2011, 07:55 PM
Your probably disabled then...

That's likely.

byrnesc1
03-03-2011, 10:04 AM
both have pretty much anything you could want but I find what has more torrents and rarer torrents than waffles. I also prefer what's search system and lay out and how they have stuff about the artists and similar artists etc. I just find it to be an over all vastly superior tracker. I only download things on waffles now if I've been grabbing a lot of stuff off of what and wanna give it a break.

justinius23
03-03-2011, 01:34 PM
is co-exist completely dead then?

anon
03-03-2011, 03:13 PM

I'm not a member, but the site loads here, if that's what you're referring to. From what I've heard, they're the only ratio-free music tracker that managed to get somewhere.

Cut-Copy-Paste
03-03-2011, 03:32 PM

Its not RIP dead. More like ghost town with >3 torrent a day and non existent activity. Most of uploader abandoned it when staff decided 2 go gazella despite people critizing it as it would have meant starting afresh from 0 content.

But since i think staff is supporting site so long despite non existent donation from start i m hopping at some point it might revive back

And may be its just me but i feel staff is no longer that friendly what they used to be ( I srsly miss lols and troll use to happen on thier irc)