PDA

View Full Version : Packme.in [NOT] shutting down, AlphaOmega accepting PiN users

robogo25
02-28-2011, 11:05 AM
Dedicated packs tracker Packme.in (aka PiN or The Donkey) staff have finally decided to close the tracker, after months of problems. After going offline several months ago due to issues with the site, PiN was resurrected a few months ago, but has had almost constant issues since, mainly from lack of donations and bugs in the site.

For more information:
http://btrealm.net/tracker-problems/packmein-shutting-alphaomega-accepting-pin-users-2.html

AlphaOmega says : :)

AO Welcomes All PiN Members

Well, after around 2 years PackMe.iN (PiN) has decided to close. The staff came to us a little over a month ago and asked if we would mind making AO a new home for them and all of there members. So even though this is a sad time for all PiN members we here at AO would like to welcome them all with open arms to their new home. If any of you would like to apply to be an uploader then please do not hesitate to speak with asmokki (Uploader MOD) or Tweakyth13f (Uploader Admin).

Open Registrations (Until 05/03/11)

http://www.alphaomega.me/register.php

eridanus
02-28-2011, 12:06 PM
No, it seems PiN will stay

We're Saved! 11 hours and 57 mins ago
If you're reading this you've successfully logged in to our new server! We've switched the site to a more affordable home (by paying a year at once, so if you have any change to spare now is the time to cough up) and we're more stable than ever! It looks as though we'll be here a good long time after all. As a result, we've redoubled our efforts to improve the site (we've fixed a promotion bug a few people have been experiencing), and we're working on new and exciting installments. Please bear with us.

Thanks for sticking around!

//Staff

yamada
02-28-2011, 12:43 PM
It's a good news for PiN and its members. Congrat they solved the problem!

Cabalo
02-28-2011, 01:35 PM
Wow, it took one entire hour for these news to be contradicted. :unsure:

GreenTea
02-28-2011, 01:46 PM
Would have been better if they just merged no?
They'd have more content and more people.

bijoy
02-28-2011, 02:13 PM
another bt drama shortlived. :P

anon
02-28-2011, 02:56 PM
Wow, it took one entire hour for these news to be contradicted. :unsure:

Maybe it was a publicity stunt :shifty:

Chief_Garbonzo
02-28-2011, 06:02 PM
Hmm, I'm a PiN member.. I don't really d\l much from there, but, from what I've observed in the last few months - I still don't see how it will make it, there just simpy isn't enough activity there to keep most people interested in checking the site every day.. I'm not trying to be negative, just speculating from what I've seen thus far. But, good to see some good news for them though!

bijoy
02-28-2011, 07:03 PM
most people interested in checking the site every day..

teh community thingy did the wrong for them and they can't help it.

Vorx
02-28-2011, 07:55 PM
Well, thats good news for pack lovers...

CodeMonkey
02-28-2011, 08:04 PM
Epic Fail lol

AdrianPhoto
02-28-2011, 08:16 PM
Epic Fail lol
Wow, really?

On the subject: after I've heard that AO is letting PiN members in, I said.. yeah, why not!
I have to say I really like AO, I think PiN should've went with the merger in a more professional way, like merging the users table.. the only thing that might go wrong is the hashing algorithms and salting which can be solved by email/special link password reset.
and adding all the torrents to the AO packs categories, I mean after all PiN has only 354 torrent

robogo25
02-28-2011, 08:37 PM
I was there but did not PiN using this site, almost nothing is absolutely zero on it the page, rather I see it already in the AO future

Monaco
02-28-2011, 10:14 PM
Both trackers are/were complete ghost towns. Hype is effervescent.

The only new tracker, to my knowledge, that has actually thrived in the last year or two is BTN. I base this solely on hearsay, since I haven't logged in since they first opened.

bijoy
03-01-2011, 06:51 AM
bonus part is, ao got some new users thanks to this. ;)

wazza100
03-01-2011, 08:13 AM
Both trackers are/were complete ghost towns. Hype is effervescent.

The only new tracker, to my knowledge, that has actually thrived in the last year or two is BTN. I base this solely on hearsay, since I haven't logged in since they first opened.

haven't heard much about it apart from that it is a tv tracker, does it compare well with tvt and does it have any freeleech packs?

DonkeyPacker
03-01-2011, 05:10 PM
About a week ago I realized that if we didn't get the money to pay the server bill we'd have to close the site because I couldn't afford it anymore, so I made the announcement that we'd close in that case. About 2 days ago, I managed to get an excellent deal on a new server that could cover us for a year, essentially saving the site. Before I found this new server, AO was helping to give PiN users a place to go in the eventuality that we would close. Yes, PiN is still pretty inactive, but at least we have a chance to remedy that now.

Just in case anyone wanted the facts.

bijoy
03-01-2011, 07:20 PM
About a week ago I realized that if we didn't get the money to pay the server bill we'd have to close the site because I couldn't afford it anymore, so I made the announcement that we'd close in that case. About 2 days ago, I managed to get an excellent deal on a new server that could cover us for a year, essentially saving the site. Before I found this new server, AO was helping to give PiN users a place to go in the eventuality that we would close. Yes, PiN is still pretty inactive, but at least we have a chance to remedy that now.

Just in case anyone wanted the facts.

well, seriously, in pack trackers it is very hard to gain some serious activity.
But I've a solution in my mind. May be you people should try to reduce the size of the packs, otherwise, who wants to download or partially seed a torrent which is 50-200GB in size. I wonder.

skywalker91
03-01-2011, 07:40 PM
damn this site haven't offered anything new for torrent scene "from my point of view"
anyway nice to be back

DonkeyPacker
03-02-2011, 02:02 AM
well, seriously, in pack trackers it is very hard to gain some serious activity.
But I've a solution in my mind. May be you people should try to reduce the size of the packs, otherwise, who wants to download or partially seed a torrent which is 50-200GB in size. I wonder.
Well, we have been encouraging people to upload ebook packs, imagesets, and discographies to get a flow going, but people do what they will.

Cut-Copy-Paste
03-02-2011, 03:57 AM

Well from what I remember before PiN went down it was preety active place...
After it started afresh lots of X-member did'nt care to join again including me
As for version 2 never works ;) with recent case of iTN :lol:

bijoy
03-02-2011, 12:55 PM

Well from what I remember before PiN went down it was preety active place...
After it started afresh lots of X-member did'nt care to join again including me
As for version 2 never works ;) with recent case of iTN :lol:

although itn's theme was very good (to me). :yes: