PDA

View Full Version : Good Alternative to TvT.com ?

waffler
03-04-2011, 11:54 AM
Hey, am kinda annoyed with TvT.com, its like down for a few hours atleast a couple of times a day. So I was wondering if you'll could suggest some good alternatives ( I'm on BitMeTV but haven't really tried BTN) to TvT.com.

Don't get me wrong here, I don't hate TvT.com, its one of my fav and most used BT sites, but it isn't that reliable in terms of uptime.

IdolEyes787
03-04-2011, 01:30 PM
I can't comment on some sites not ever having been a member but of the ones I know of I would rank them :

TVT.com
BTN
BMTV
TVTorrentz

Unfortunately BTN seems to have closed invites for the foreseeable future. I hear Fresh TV is also quite good but no personal knowledge.

Jenbel
03-04-2011, 02:17 PM
Since you're on bitmetv you can use it else try freshon.tv or BTN both are good

bijoy
03-04-2011, 02:47 PM
use btn.
or go to any scene release sites, like tl, ipt or scc. They will serve your needs.

Cut-Copy-Paste
03-04-2011, 02:53 PM
use btn.
or go to any scene release sites, like tl, ipt or scc. They will server your needs.

+1. Unless u download old show u would never need a dedicated tv tracker

n00bz0r
03-04-2011, 03:39 PM
FreshonTV and BTN are quite similar in terms of content.
However, BTN is ratiofree and FreshonTV isn't too difficult to seed back at, either.

anon
03-04-2011, 03:40 PM
I hear Fresh TV is also quite good but no personal knowledge.

I second that. Not a member either, but FreshOn is usually one of the sites that gets recommended along with TvT, as a more accessible and easier to seed on "alternative" to BitMeTV.

Since an invite got offered, I'd recommend you go for that. :)

Styxxie
03-04-2011, 07:44 PM
Also since people didn't see to take notice of my previous post BTN has removed invites at the moment so no point suggesting it.

Unless he has access to some place with official BTN recruitment. He could still get in that way

Innos
03-04-2011, 08:46 PM
I`m a member of FreshOn, and it`s very satisfying :)

res0r9lm
03-05-2011, 01:09 AM
Also since people didn't see to take notice of my previous post BTN has removed invites at the moment so no point suggesting it.

Unless he has access to some place with official BTN recruitment. He could still get in that way

Elite and above still have invites and can use them. I got into bitmetv a few days ago and was very disappointed.

EvilWalks
03-05-2011, 01:40 AM

Elite and above still have invites and can use them. I got into bitmetv a few days ago and was very disappointed.

How so? While it doesn't look as good as somewhere like BTN for example, it has all the TV content you could ever want as well as a ton of older stuff that can be VERY difficult to locate on other trackers.

res0r9lm
03-05-2011, 03:04 AM

How so? While it doesn't look as good as somewhere like BTN for example, it has all the TV content you could ever want as well as a ton of older stuff that can be VERY difficult to locate on other trackers.Maybe it has alot of hdtv caps but it lacks Web-dl's. Take V.2009 if you wanted all the web-dl's up to this point bmtv has s02e6, s02e07, and s02e08 while BTN has all of them. bmtv has good speeds but not great and pretimes are not the greatest eithier. With all the hype I was expecting more

IdolEyes787
03-05-2011, 03:30 AM
Dear God kill me now.
I remember the good old days back in the dark long forgotten past of two or three years ago when a person was happy just to get to download something that they wanted to watch .Now it's Web-dl this and full blu-ray that . This p2p group's encodes aren't good enough and that sites pre-time isn't fast enough.Ffs
Can't all you putz' congregate to one uber cool site and leave the rest of the internet for simple, reasonable, unassuming grown-up people ?

shipwreck
03-05-2011, 03:33 AM
Nothing wrong with being spoiled. Bittorrent is a gift that keeps giving, so much that users are nitpicking. It's a pirate heaven.

IdolEyes787
03-05-2011, 03:50 AM
Nothing wrong with with being spoiled except as evidenced here people aren't grateful for anything anymore. Of course the same applies to the younger generation of most developed countries .
"Dad I don't actually do anything but lay around , play video games and sext my friends but I think I need a new cellphone since mine doesn't also play the Star Spangled banner when I download videos off of youtube".

shipwreck
03-05-2011, 04:05 AM
The only way people learn to be grateful is through loss. Once you lose something, you tend to understand the value of things best.

But meh, no point in being annoyed by it, especially if it's on-topic. Some dude asked for a good alternative to TvT.com, people have stated their opinions and backed them up with arguments. You may not like it, it may be nitpicking, but it's on topic.

Want to read something really 'snobbish'? I hate 99% of anything TV related, basically don't watch TV at all with the exception of the occasional news / documentary or maybe football match. So for me, all TV only trackers are totally irrelevant, they could all close doors tomorrow and I wouldn't be bothered.

EvilWalks
03-05-2011, 05:43 AM
Pre-times ... The stupidest statistic in all of bittorrentdom!

Cut-Copy-Paste
03-05-2011, 07:38 AM
"Dad I don't actually do anything but lay around , play video games and sext my friends but I think I need a new cellphone since mine doesn't also play the Star Spangled banner when I download videos off of youtube".

sex + text = :lol::lol:

waffler
03-05-2011, 10:44 AM
Thanks to those who invited me to freshon and BTN :)

On a side note, for me, pre times don't really matter, atleast not when it comes to TV stuff.